Whats the deal with Omega Man?

#1 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously what is his deal? Is he a resurrected Darkseid or what?

#2 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

...help meeee...

#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12406 posts) - - Show Bio

No idea, I don't read JLA

#4 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't think he's Darkseid. It's unclear what his purpose is for now.

#5 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe he is Darkseid from another Earth.

BTW good to see Bluejay in JLA lol

#6 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. He might be from a parallel universe, since Dr. Impossible and his crew seem to be alternate universe New Gods.

Too bad Bluejay is (I think) the only remaining "Avenger" in the DCU. I could have sworn he was killed off as well.

#7 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
@brc2000 said:
" Yeah. He might be from a parallel universe, since Dr. Impossible and his crew seem to be alternate universe New Gods.  Too bad Bluejay is (I think) the only remaining "Avenger" in the DCU. I could have sworn he was killed off as well. "
me too, haha. When he showed up I was like "Oh sh*t". Same with Tangent GL.
#8 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theodore:
I haven't the foggiest, he must be the evil version of the Infinity Man like Dr. Impossible is the evil Mr. Miracle
#9 Edited by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: Hey that makes sense. Maybe Darkseid is good in that universe!

Lets see we have an evil incarnations of:
Mr. Miracle
Orion
Big Barda 
Lightray
and Metron.
#10 Posted by Mainline (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

No idea, the issue really lost me... first with so many of the pages dedicated to towards the impenetrable Plot-Dome (I appreciate Robinson trying to create rationales but really, we're familiar with this trope... all the other heroes aren't allowed to play so that the ones inside the dome can prove themselves... you don't need pages of exposition to justify it... it didn't help that a similar scene occurred so recently during a major X-Event with another Plot-Dome over Utopia / San Francisco, which isn't Robinson's fault, but it could feel tired or put on to an audience familiar with both) and then the very tangible and clear threat of the Crime Syndicate replaced with this ambiguous cosmic-ish guy no one knows about.  That said, it's my prejudice.  I don't like cosmic type stories in general... and that angle did not really inspire me to try and figure out who Omega was.

#11 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mainline said:
" No idea, the issue really lost me... first with so many of the pages dedicated to towards the impenetrable Plot-Dome (I appreciate Robinson trying to create rationales but really, we're familiar with this trope... all the other heroes aren't allowed to play so that the ones inside the dome can prove themselves... you don't need pages of exposition to justify it... it didn't help that a similar scene occurred so recently during a major X-Event with another Plot-Dome over Utopia / San Francisco, which isn't Robinson's fault, but it could feel tired or put on to an audience familiar with both) and then the very tangible and clear threat of the Crime Syndicate replaced with this ambiguous cosmic-ish guy no one knows about.  That said, it's my prejudice.  I don't like cosmic type stories in general... and that angle did not really inspire me to try and figure out who Omega was. "
I think the Syndicate will stick around for the rest of the arc. I find this interesting because these multiverse New Gods were involved in his first few issues of JLA.
#12 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mainline: @Emperor Gonzo Noir: @brc2000: 

From the newest issue of JSA :

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.