What The Justice League SHOULD Look Like (In A Movie)

• 57 results
#1 Edited by Captain13 (3447 posts) - - Show Bio

It's supposed to be a tribute to the artist Michael Turner.

It's also supposed to be a tribute to the New52, the Golden Age of Comics (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman), the Silver Age of Comics (Green Lantern, Flash), and the Bronze Age of Comics (Cyborg).

Finally, It's supposed to show how Cyborg's and Wonder Woman's costumes SHOULD look. (Wonder Woman has a sensible gladiator/spartan skirt instead of the thong or ugly pants. She still looks tough and sexy, but in a non-sexist way. Cyborg looks futuristic and cool, but he's still a tank. He actually looks like a Cyborg instead of a Transformer/Robot).

This is also the roster that I think should be in a Justice League movie. Let me know what you think--I know that not everyone will be happy.

Art Done By Jeremy Roberts (Not Me) http://jprart.deviantart.com/art/Justice-League-Commission-321113233

P.S. The Theme Song For This Piece Should Be "New Dawn Fades (Instrumental)" by Moby.

#2 Posted by betterboulder (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm completely fine with this roster (pretty much most rosters) and I definitely like Cyborg's look.

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24967 posts) - - Show Bio

Replace Hal with Jon or Kyle and you have yourself a movie

#4 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13 cyborg looks awesome! way better than DC's new 52 look and spot on for wonder woman. i wish they take your advice man about cyborg. i like everyone else design as well.

#5 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome man. The art is purely awesome. This is the ideal JL roster.

#6 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

Epic! It's not finished? I can't wait to see it finished 0_o

#7 Edited by TheCannon (19040 posts) - - Show Bio

Get rid of Cyborg! The JL movie will be absolute sh*t without Martian Manhunter.

Here's how they're suppose to look in a movie:

#8 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Get rid of Cyborg! The JL movie will be absolute sh*t without him.

I agree. The movie will suck without Cyborg.

#9 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

This image rocks! And Cyborg rocks! Why doesn't Jeremy Roberts work for DC Comics?

#10 Posted by TheCannon (19040 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

@TheCannon said:

Ityped the wrong thing. I ment to say MAnhunter and not him. And you must be on some drunken rampage if you truly think that.

#11 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how somehow, the Martian suddenly became the most important member in league history. Denial!!!

#12 Posted by TheCannon (19040 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@Twentyfive said:

@TheCannon said:

LOL edit your sentence, you wrote it wrong...

Yeah, I screwed up.

#13 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this is what the roster and costumes look like. =]

Reminds me of this roster:

#14 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, did you draw that? That's some amazing art. I'm wondering, what do you think Aquaman and Martian Manhunter (if featured) should look like?

#15 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

is the justice league worth book picking up?

#16 Posted by Captain13 (3447 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01: It's a mixed bag. The wrting is not top notch, but the art is. It's the only book with Cyborg right now. Single issues should only be picked up for the Shazam back-up. I think it's better in trade. You should check out the first volume and decide. You can probably read through it at a Barnes and Noble.

#17 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995: *sighs* Okay bucko.

#18 Posted by The_Tree (7768 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd still prefer Martian Manhunter be in the movie, but I like these designs. Throw Aquaman into this movie and we have ourselves a deal.

#20 Posted by Dernman (15264 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman 
Wonder Woman 
Green Lantern (Hal)
Flash (Barry if they make a Flash movie. Wally if they don't)
Aquaman 
Martian Manhunter 

No Batman. Ya I said it. I just don't think he will fit good in that type of movie.

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34016 posts) - - Show Bio

I am starting to really hate Martian Manhunter

#22 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

You're not alone.

#23 Edited by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

You're not alone.

But he's the bestest supahero evah!

#24 Edited by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

No Aquaman huh?

#25 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

You're not alone.

You're really not alone.

@YoggSaron said:

No Aquaman huh?

Same deal as the Pyms in Avengers, so I'm fine with it.

#26 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

@Superdork said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

You're not alone.

Ha ha ha. I love you're sense of humor. Last night I challenged the CV community to name me some good MMH stories, and the best they could come up with is an alien raging over cookies. Isn't that just hilarious?

Logic of some comic fans.

#27 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

@YoggSaron said:

@Superdork said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

You're not alone.

Ha ha ha. I love you're sense of humor. Last night I challenged the CV community to name me some good MMH stories, and the best they could come up with is an alien raging over cookies. Isn't that just hilarious?

Logic of some comic fans.

MM always was the most underutilized member of the core Justice League. I just hope he hasn't passed this curse on to Cyborg.

#28 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron: He will be. The other 6 are just too big to be less utilized than Cyborg. But already, Cyborg is approaching the same amount of exposure as MMH.

He hasn't been in a cartoon as a Leaguer, but he's already been in video games (though we don't know if the martian will be in injustice yet, but I doubt it). Soon, he'll have an ongoing.

#29 Posted by Captain13 (3447 posts) - - Show Bio

The OP has been updated with the Final IMPROVED images.

#30 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

epic!!! Flash looks a lot better--so does Superman

#31 Posted by KingAweSam (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

#32 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just not sure about the ipod look for Cyborg. And yeah, GL should be Stewart, Flash should be Wally.

#33 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I'm just not sure about the ipod look for Cyborg.

Not trying to pick a fight, but I think it's the best look I've seen for Cyborg. Also, I know you didn't say that you don't like it.

Flashpoint

Do you disagree? What don't you like about the "iPod look"?

IMO, the half-face makes him look out-of-date and ugly. And his bulkiness is really 80s. That's just me though.

#34 Posted by TheCannon (19040 posts) - - Show Bio

You need to get rid of Cyborg, and add Manhunter and Aquaman. Then, you have it perfected.

#35 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. No Cyborg... But for those who want the Martian, I say Djmon Hounsou or Idris Elba should play him.

#36 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: I do disagree. It looks modern, sure, but it also looks "plastic" and that doesn't make me think Cyborg. I was pretty happy with the Flashpoint costume.

I prefer the chrome to the white, the red to the blue, and the black to break it up a bit.

#37 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@OutlawRenegade: I do disagree. It looks modern, sure, but it also looks "plastic" and that doesn't make me think Cyborg. I was pretty happy with the Flashpoint costume.

I prefer the chrome to the white, the red to the blue, and the black to break it up a bit.

Okay, I'm not going to debate aesthetics with you because I think that sort of thing is usually fruitless, but I do want to say that I don't think he looks plastic in that pick. He looks pretty metallic to me. Coloring issue?

The flashpoint costume has weird proportions to me and the red looks harsh and I just don't find it appealing. I feel bad for any actor that would have to wear it in live action and try to make it look cool. That's just me.

Thanks for letting me see your opinion and being polite about it. I respect you, broski.

#38 Posted by joshmightbe (24967 posts) - - Show Bio

@Awesam2: I would take G'nort over Hal

#39 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: Yeup. No worries. I understand why somebody might want a leaner, less robotic Cyborg, but I've always seen the character as bulkier and more robotic. As you said, it's mostly aesthetic preference.

#40 Posted by Delphic (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

Replace the current roster with a blank screen then you have the perfect justic league movie!!! XD

#41 Posted by The Stegman (25165 posts) - - Show Bio

If nothing but for origins story I would get rid of Cyborg. I like him, he's fine in the New 52 JL but for a very first JL movie, I want the original roster, with MM and Aquaman, and Hal for GL NOT FREAKIN JOHN OR KYLE. 

#42 Posted by CrimsonCake (2679 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope they actually look like that in the movie.

#43 Posted by MrShway88 (672 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Get rid of Cyborg! The JL movie will be absolute sh*t without Martian Manhunter.

This

#44 Posted by MrShway88 (672 posts) - - Show Bio

OP stated the Trinity should represent the new 52. Hal and Barry represent the sliver age and Cyborg representing the golden age. Why not replace cyborg with Aquaman to represent the golden age. Don't see why Cyborg is even a choice. He's in the league for a year and now when a movie is in the works he should be in it. Completely ignoring MM. MM is also a more interesting character. If DC just used him cause he's a minority then why not just use Jon instead of Hal. Plus martians are a minority.

#45 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88: Aquaman is Golden age. Cyborg is Bronze age. And Martians are not a minority, because they DO NOT EXIST! Holy cow. This is what I was talking about.

#46 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by TheGraySon (457 posts) - - Show Bio

How can you not have Aquaman..? And between MM and Cyborg.. Definitely MM, Cyborg should stick to the titans. I feel like they use him just for the boom tubes.

#48 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

This.

Hal is the most unlikeable Green Lantern and pretty much represents everything wrong with "super heroes." Loud, unfunny, and uncool (no matter how cool Geoff Johns tries to make him).

#49 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@joshmightbe said:

This.

Hal is the most unlikeable Green Lantern and pretty much represents everything wrong with "super heroes." Loud, unfunny, and uncool (no matter how cool Geoff Johns tries to make him).

This is why my dream founding roster has John and not Hal. Kyle is a close second.

#50 Posted by ltbrd (562 posts) - - Show Bio

The fan-made poster is not bad (aside from the Flash costume....too much going on and like GL's) but I would make one change. Get rid of Green Lantern and have Cyborg instead. Yeah, huge change, I know. But here me out. 1) The Green Lantern movie sucked and even though this will most likely be a different actor portraying Hal Jordan it will still be following a bad movie. 2) I've been reading comics since 1987 and have always thought it a little weird that a guy with whole galaxies to cover and protect can focus so much on Earth and on a single team. It just doesn't really work with the idea of the Green Lantern Corps. So why not use the movie as a means to make a bit more sense of this and if anything save Hal for a sequel when he can come in to aid the team. 3) We've already got too many powerhouses between Superman, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman with Flash and Aquaman rounding out the superpowers available. Batman needs someone a bit closer to him to help balance the team a bit more. While Cyborg, as part of his robotic nature, may be inherently stronger than Batman he'd still be a good "normal guy/kid" character to add to the roster. Plus he's a pure tech character, something the League doesn't have. 4) Brings more diversity to the team. I know people will blow this one off a bit as being an unnecessary reason, but it is a valid point that having Cyborg on the team will show that DC is thinking about showcasing this film to a wider audience range just like they were for comic book readers. As long as Cyborg is done correctly it doesn't hurt the team at all to have a more diverse group and fits perfectly with a team already consisting of two aliens, two metahumans, and a women of mystical origin (rather that be clay birth or just being granted her powers through her armor or by the gods when she leaves Paradise Island).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.