what is the red, the green and the rot

#1 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this the wrong forum but there wasn't a swamp thing or animal man forum.

So does can anyone tell me what they are?

From what I understand isn't swamp thing the symbol of the green and beast boy is part of the red but apart from that I don't know squat.

#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arkhamc1tizen: The Green is the Life Force as embodied by plants. Its avatar is the Swamp Thing. Other known to be tied to the Green are Woodrue Wilson and Poison Ivy. It is presided over by the Parliament of Trees.

The Red is the Life Force as embodied by animals. Its avatar is Maxine Baker, though it is being watched over by Animal Man. Other known to be tied to the Red are Beast Boy and (partially) Black Orchid. It is presided over by the Totems.

The Rot is the embodiment of death and decay. Its avatar is Anton Arcane. William Arcane and Abigail Arcane are also tied to the Rot.

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (56920 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a Swamp Thing and an Animal Man forum. There's even forums for these concepts. Just go to their wiki pages.
BB

#4 Posted by Juandicimo_Magnifico45 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

@Arkhamc1tizen: The Green is the Life Force as embodied by plants. Its avatar is the Swamp Thing. Other known to be tied to the Green are Woodrue Wilson and Poison Ivy. It is presided over by the Parliament of Trees.

The Red is the Life Force as embodied by animals. Its avatar is Maxine Baker, though it is being watched over by Animal Man. Other known to be tied to the Red are Beast Boy and (partially) Black Orchid. It is presided over by the Totems.

The Rot is the embodiment of death and decay. Its avatar is Anton Arcane. William Arcane and Abigail Arcane are also tied to the Rot.

Isn't the Red the lifeforce of animals and humans? My understanding is anything with blood. That is why past avatars have been both animals and people.

#5 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Juandicimo_Magnifico45: Humans are animals. :P

#6 Posted by BlackWind (4027 posts) - - Show Bio

There also was a Clear that Aquaman was connected to.

#7 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry for posting 3 times

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.