Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3323 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

What Antagonist Should Be In Zack Snyder's JLA Movie?

• 66 results
    Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By Switchdoctor

Poll What Antagonist Should Be In Zack Snyder's JLA Movie? (92 votes)

Anti-Monitor 8%
    Ultra-Humanite 2%
    Amazo 11%
    Starro 17%
    Maxwell Lord 8%
    Starbreaker 3%
    Eclipso 2%
    Despero 18%
    Gorilla Grodd 7%
    Joker 12%
    Darkseid 37%
    Ares 5%
    Vandal Savage 14%
    Prometheus 7%
    Doomsday 13%
    Maxima 2%
    Cyborg Superman 8%
    Sinestro 7%
    Professor Zoom 4%
    Neron 1%
    Black Manta 3%
    Brainiac 25%
    Deathstroke 11%
    Doctor Destiny 2%
    Felix Faust 2%
    Imperiex 3%
    Killer Frost 4%
    Mirror Master 2%
    Mongul 8%
    Amazo 9%
    Lex Luthor 16%

What Antagonist Should Be In Zack Snyder's JLA Movie?

While Warner Brothers has confirmed plans for Zack Snyder to direct a 'Justice League' movie, comic book readers know that the source material is vast. DC's premiere team first banded together to fight Starro in The Brave and the Bold No. 28, published in 1960.

Although there are arch enemies that top the rogues gallery lists of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and the Flash who are capable of taking on the combined might of the Justice League, there's a whole new tier for Zack Snyder to tap into. The kinds of dangers that necessitated the teaming up of DC's most iconic heroes to begin with can take down planets, solar systems, and even reality itself. With Zack Snyder having signed on to direct the Justice League Movie after the Man of Steel sequel, what main antagonist should take on DC's famous super team?

• 
    Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@knightfall225:

Starro but not the giant star fish version.

@the_stegman:

An updated, non starfish version of Starro.

I would agree with you two up to a point. Grant Morrison during his run on JLA Volume 1 showed us a truly terrifying vision of what the Star Conquerors should be and behave like: An advance force to soften us up, dominate us, and then prepare us for the arrival of their master (who was finally revealed in the Pre-Flashpoint R.E.B.E.L.S. book). Terrifying.

It could play like a combination of a super-hero movie mixed with 28 Days Later/World War Z in terms of the behavior of the enslaved, much like Captain America: The Winter Soldier combined super heroics with a "Tom Clancy movie" type of feel. Having Starro as the villain would put the heroes in a delicate position: Defeat the Star Conqueror at any cost or try not to hurt the enslaved because it's not their fault.

I'll let you all respond, but I'm prepared to make my case even further if I need to...

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Despero, So that he gets beaten by Batman when all the JLA failed.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Knightfall225
    No Caption Provided

@heraldofganthet: This is kind of what I was Thinking. The version I was talking about was from the REBELS book. In that book I believe that their leader's real name is Cobi or something. Anyways I think having Starro the Conqueror control the alien starfish-like parasites would give him a plan to enslave all humanity and would open the door for great hero vs hero action when one of them was being controlled by the parasite.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If using white Martians gets us this scene:

No Caption Provided

Then I'm all for it.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightfall225:

This is kind of what I was Thinking. The version I was talking about was from the REBELS book. In that book I believe that their leader's real name is Cobi or something. Anyways I think having Starro the Conqueror control the alien starfish-like parasites would give him a plan to enslave all humanity and would open the door for great hero vs hero action when one of them was being controlled by the parasite.

Good call. This very concept was explored during the classic Justice League Europe story arc (Issues 26-28). Half of the team was enslaved by Starro with them bloodlusted against everyone not yet captured. Creepy as hell, and Bart Sears' pencils really brought the story home. Combine that with Morrison's vision of the Starro probes and the grand reveal of the Star Conqueror as the mastermind and you've got a serious (and expensive) boss fight scene that would be truly epic, IMO.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightfall225:

My man! Now all we have to do is pray that Zack Snyder is both a Comicviner and is reading this very thread (and is thus getting some very bright ideas...)!

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Knightfall225
    No Caption Provided

@heraldofganthet: lol yea. But now that I think about it , think about how great Starro would look with Snyder's visuals. Maybe we could see Starro ride one of these bad boys into battle .but one question. What would be his reason for trying to enslave humanity in the movie?

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightfall225:

lol yea. But now that I think about it , think about how great Starro would look with Snyder's visuals. Maybe we could see Starro ride one of these bad boys into battle .but one question. What would be his reason for trying to enslave humanity in the movie?

Simple. As a being that draws physical power and sustenance from the psionic power and/or lifeforce from those he enslaves, he would see this planet as a ripe opportunity to expand his already considerable powerbase (due to the rise of the Metahumans). The fact that the Earth's surface is covered with water by a 3 to 1 margin would only serve to whet his appetite even further considering he can overwrite regular starfish's DNA and transform them into Starro Probes serves to further complicate things as well. This would also open the possibility of the opening sequences of the film starting underwater. I can envision 2 or 3 Atlantean Sentries on Seahorseback going to investigate a strange sound (which would carry better under water anyway)/energy pulsation/telepathic siren song. Upon getting closer to the source of the disturbance (think the landing party scene on the original "Alien" movie with Sigourney Weaver), they see a Starro Probe of the Grant Morrison variety (see: JLA Vol. 1 Issue 23 for more details on that one). And before they realize what is happening, 2 of the three get possessed while the other turn tail and gets outta there.

They chase him of course, back to Atlantis and begin to infect the whole population which would give the normally xenophobic warrior king Aquaman a legitimate reason to work with the surface dwellers he doesn't trust to solve a grave threat to not just his kingdom, but to the surface world as well. If not the entire universe....

I've got more ideas, but this is how I'd do it. After all, Hundreds of Starro Probes battering the domes to Atlantis while the infected Sentries serve to infect those INSIDE the domes would make for a great fight scene. Not unlike the "Alamo-style" battle in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. I see Aquaman leaving Vulko in charge of the Imperial Armies while he escapes to the surface to get help....

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Starro would be nice nod to the first JLA comic but I think there's a question as to if he would work on the big screen. Non humanoid villains haven't had a very good track record in superhero films. It could be interesting having JL members fight their friends who have been captured and maybe a quick way to introduce a few more obscure characters but I think a film like that would work better latter. Although if they used Darkseid in the first film like I'd want I'd rather have them take a break from alien invasions for a while.

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despero would be so cool.

ComicNerd105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if Aquaman, or Aquaman's people become the villains for the Justice League movie? Instead of doing an alien invasion or Darkseid, how about human-type of villains, with the problems on our earth?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why everyone is saying Darkseid has to be saved. They don't have to kill him in the first film. Just send him away. Have him fight The League in the first one, plot device for the second, and come back with Brainiac Tech from MoS 2 and fight The League one more time in JL3.

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'd say the Appellaxians but since there are not on your list i'd rather choose someone like Mongul or Vandal Savage for their first encounter. Although the ones i'de love to see the most are Darkseid or Brainiac i'd leave them for later movies. I consider them to be the mastermind/planner in a cosmic scale type, so i'd build the anticipation, throwing hints in various DC movies until their big revelation in, probably, Justice League 3. Kinda like what Marvel does with Thanos.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about Aquaman and the atlanteans. This movie needs to make Aquaman a bad ass

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria: Does any feel the facehugger in Alien is a ripoff of starro parasites since starro has been there since the 60s

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.