West Coast Premiere of 'Justice League: Doom' Announced

Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

The next all new original animated movie from Warner Home Video, Justice League: Doom, is set for February 28, 2012. The movie features Superman (Tim Daly), Wonder Woman (Susan Eisenberg), Flash (Michael Rosenbaum), Green Lantern (Nathan Fillion), Martian Manhunter (Carl Lumbly), Cyborg (Bumper Robinson) and Batman (Kevin Conroy) facing a team of supervillains that have discovered and implemented the Dark Knight's "contingency plans" for stopping any rogue Justice League member. Oops. The story is inspired by Mark Waid's JLA: Tower of Babel story line.

For those that can't wait until the end of February and are in the Los Angeles area, Warner Home Video and the Los Angeles Times are presenting the West Coast Premiere on February 16 at the Paley Center for Media. A limited number of free tickets are available for the general public. If you're in the area and want tickets, you have to RSVP via email to JLDoomLA@yahoo.com. Email must include the fan's first and last name and obviously a valid email address. Tickets will be distributed on a "first come, first served" basis. Lost Angeles Times will also be giving away special seating for the event to a number of lucky Hero Complex readers.

== TEASER ==

The filmmaking team includes executive producer Bruce Timm, director Lauren Montgomery, producer Alan Burnet and dialogue/casting director Andrea Romano. This is the final DC Universe script from the late Dwayne McDuffie.

Justice League: Doom arrives February 28, 2012 from Warner Home Video as a Blu-Ray™ Combo Pack and DVD, On Demand and for Download. Both the Blu-Ray™ Combo Pack and DVD will include an UltraViiolet™ Digital Copy.

Staff
#1 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

I can not wait to see this.

#2 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

Dam, I live in Canada, I gotta Wait!

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish I could go.....(sadness)

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@KidSupreme said:

Dam, I live in Canada, I gotta Wait!

So close yet so far as always :(

#5 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

why did i have to live in Indiana!!!!???

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32654 posts) - - Show Bio

I live in Scotland, night quit west enough.  

#7 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

So nice! Sure do look forward to this. Gotta love the West Coast :)

#8 Posted by SeanNOLA (75 posts) - - Show Bio

I went to the premier of Doomsday - it was really cool! I might have to go to this.

#9 Posted by dravenmort (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad I don't live on the West Coast. Still can't wait to see this

#10 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. I can wait.

#11 Posted by Kavahaden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

looks so good this will be awesome

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't New Jersey have nice things??

#13 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Great cast.

#14 Posted by SPM1M (782 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Wish I could go.....(sadness)

......... me too......

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (81602 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be so, so good.

Warner Bros./DC's animated movies are some of the best and most entertaining cartoons ever.

#16 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sobe Cin said:

Great cast.

#17 Posted by msavo (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Warner Bros./DC's animated movies are some of the best and most entertaining cartoons ever.

I have to agree. Marvel may have the big screen locked down but I rather have these DC animated movies on blu-ray any day.

#18 Posted by kamionero (312 posts) - - Show Bio

@msavo said:

@PowerHerc said:

I have to agree. Marvel may have the big screen locked down but I rather have these DC animated movies on blu-ray any day.

Fact!!! I wish marvel would take a clue from DC animation-wise.

And if this movie is half as good as Batman/Superman: Apocalypse, its gonna be amazing.

#19 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

I am excited to hear the feedback about this movie

#20 Posted by ArkhamInmate (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@kamionero said:

@msavo said:

@PowerHerc said:

Fact!!! I wish marvel would take a clue from DC animation-wise.

And if this movie is half as good as Batman/Superman: Apocalypse, its gonna be amazing.

Agreed. DC animations are simply awesome!!

#21 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Kevin Conroy, Yay!!

But for my bad luck I'm in Mexico so I have to wait :'( but at least I know english :D

#22 Posted by Jayso4201 (594 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is so neurotic, looks great!

#23 Posted by Emperormeister734 (804 posts) - - Show Bio

i gotta get that NOW

#24 Edited by BatClaw89 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg? seriously? Really?  I hate Diversity 

#25 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

The characters look really good in this. Especially the villains!

#26 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully this movie will turn out good.

#27 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatClaw89:Well, it is supposed to be "inspired" by JLA: Tower of Babel, not a scene-for-scene animated remake of it. And since Cyborg is in the JL now, it's a good chance to get people more familiar with him.

#28 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Live in the area, but haven't the resources to go.

...Oh well, I'll just have to wait to see it.

#29 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I. cannot. wait. for. this. movie. lol

#30 Posted by The Impersonator (4994 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daveyo520 said:

I can not wait to see this.

#31 Posted by Migz13 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how they decided to put this in the 'Young Justice' DC universe. I love the animation and character design in that show!:D

#32 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7542 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. Can't wait to see this. I hope it's Barry as the Flash.

#33 Edited by kadosho_16bit (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Sniff. Really miss Dwayne, he had a great personality, plus he took chances with the tales he wrote. Love the fact that "Doom" says is all, and the villains become one giant army that takes on the heroes. Curious who gets turned to their side. Hope it turns out great! Can't wait to see this one soon.

#34 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Why can't we get some world premieres down here in the south?

#35 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Why can't we get some world premieres down here in the south?

You have my full felt sympathies dear friend. As one who has family all across and fully admires the South, I have pondered this question as well.

#36 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

OHH I AM SOO GOING TO THIS! ILL SEE ANY BRUCE TIMM MOVIE AND PAY AND THIS IS FREE!?! i hope i get tickets x) lol

#37 Posted by SkybornLord (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww, can't wait for this to go out everywhere. DC does a hell of a great job with animated  movies.

#38 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11076 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy It is Barry as flash.

@Migz13: I Don't think this is set in the YJ universe, just has the same animation. I could be wrong but if it is the YJ universe then it would be ridiculous to have Cyborg as JLA and still have dick/wally as children...

And is that green guy next to the really bulky, scary looking, metallo, Martian Manhunter? Is he evil in this or just uncover?

#39 Posted by termiteone4ever (6985 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright Another Dc animated movie this is fact dc does these best . I think they should hurry and make a continuation of dc online trailer

#40 Posted by entropy_aegis (14214 posts) - - Show Bio

The villain costumes are rather awkward.

#41 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: The Martian is Malefic, Martian Manhunter's brother.

#42 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11076 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron: Wait, what? Since when did J'onn have a brother?

#43 Posted by RichyRich (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: I think you answered your own question

#44 Edited by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

He always had one, he's just not very well known. He was J'onn's twin but he had his telepathy removed for committing "mind rape". He began to hate the Green Martians, so he created a disease that is transferred via telepathy that causes Martians to burst into flame, killing all the Martians except for himself (since he didn't have telepathy), J'onn, and the sixty or so White Martians that were imprisoned in the Still Zone.

#45 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11076 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

He always had one, he's just not very well known. He was J'onn's twin but he was born without telepathy like all other Martians were. He began to hate the Green Martians, so he created a disease that is transferred via telepathy that causes Martians to burst into flame, killing all the Martians except for himself (since he didn't have telepathy), J'onn, and the sixty or so White Martians that were imprisoned in the Still Zone.

So it was J'onn's brother that caused the extinction of the Martians? How did I not know this? I thought it was the Green Martian vs White Martian Civil war...or was that just a cover up?

#46 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: The two sub-species did fight a war which is how the White Martians ended up imprisoned in the Still Zone, allowing them to survive the plague.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.