Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3313 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Warner Bros. Wants Ben Affleck to Direct 'Justice League'

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By fodigg

@capfan80 said:

Directing, I'm listening. Acting in it, sorry but you're banishment from superhero films has not been lifted, Ben.

He already broke that with Hollywoodland (2006).

Some stills:

It was an entertaining if depressing film.

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I loved The Town, I didn't know he did this. But, I still don't know that I feel comfortable with him doing JLA. I feel they should go with someone who knows the source material well appreciates it and has a better history with directing movies.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By Decept-O

I can't say whether this is potentially good or bad news. I don't hate Affleck and some may cringe but I didn't mind his role as Daredevil. It was the story that was at fault, not his acting, thought he did well. That may have nothing to do with directing a Justice League movie, but if he recognizes what went wrong with Daredevil, at the bare minimum he has a grasp on what a successful (superhero) movie should entail.

I don't know what role he could possibly play, though; is it not possible he won't act in a Justice League movie? If he did, perhaps he'd do a supporting character? Only thing that comes to mind could possibly be Flash, but honestly I'd suspect he wouldn't act in a possible JLA movie and just direct. Pure speculation on my part.

It would be great to have a Justice League movie but I was under the impression perhaps a Flash and Wonder Woman movie would get produced first. However, I would love to see a JLA movie, no matter what. Long as Joel Schumaker doesn't direct it, then we're good to go!

DoctorTrips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By DoctorTrips

I really like this idea, Affleck isn't Whedon (which isn't a bad thing) and he has the directing chops to probably pull it off he'd bring a interesting style to it. The thing that makes me really support the choice is that Affleck, like Whedon, puts emphasis on story which is where a movie like that can really work - especially if you don't do individual tie-in movies that lead up to the Justice League.

In terms of him only directing movies he's in; my first thought on who he'd play was Maxwell Lord, no idea why.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

He could be good or bad. Who knows... lets see.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By KRYPTON

Now that you mention it, a remake of Daredevil would be nice.. They need to do this. Affleck on JL might be a good idea, then again we can get Chris Nolan to do it. He did an outstanding job with inception, had lots of characters and a great story.

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By jcbart

Bloody hell.

They're rushing so much to churn this all out.

They will single handedly run superhero films back into the ground.

They don't give a damn about the characters. At all. This has nothing to do with Ben Affleck, it's the fact that they're already looking for a director of The Justice League. They're rushing things FAR too much. Focus on The Man of Steel, and if that's a hit, you have to reboot Batman and Green Lantern AND THEN make Flash, Wonder Woman and possibly Martian Manhunter before you should be even thinking about a Justice League movie.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By sethysquare

@jcbart said:

Bloody hell.

They don't give a damn about the characters. At all. This has nothing to do with Ben Affleck, it's the fact that they're already looking for a director of The Justice League. They're rushing things FAR too much. Focus on The Man of Steel, and if that's a hit, you have to reboot Batman and Green Lantern AND THEN make Flash, Wonder Woman and possibly Martian Manhunter before you should be even thinking about a Justice League movie.

Wonder why people don't say stuff like that for Xmen. No one needed prequels for Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Nightcrawler. Xmen came out just fine.

Ludo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Ludo

Dear Warner Bros.

Let other people make DC movies.

Regards.

Everyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a82f294c6df1
    deactivated-5a82f294c6df1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't trust him. He cancelled his own show "Push, Nevada"... one of the best shows ever... and never released the episodes on DVD... and I can't find them online... well at least the last 2 eps. Someone was considerate enough to put the first 5 on youtube a few months ago.

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By jcbart

@sethysquare said:

@jcbart said:

Bloody hell.

Wonder why people don't say stuff like that for Xmen. No one needed prequels for Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Nightcrawler. Xmen came out just fine.

That's because Bryan Singer took his sweet time and handled the characters on a very small, personal scale. X-Men and X-Men 2 weren't very big films at all, and only a few (Wolverine, Rogue, Jean Grey, Professor X and Nightcrawler) got any real amount of focus.

Remember the terrible X-Men 3? Yeah, that's what happens when you throw in a bunch of SFX and a crap tonne of characters.

Plus you're forgetting the key ingredient to that: they're all mutants. Take ten minutes in the beginning of X-Men 1 to tell us what a mutant is, the entire cast is now free from relatively arduous backstories. Good luck trying to explain why a Kryptonian and a Martian exist in the same universe as Batman within ten minutes without prequels.

Plus, the X-Men are a team. You can afford to put the limelight on a select few for a movie. Whereas The Justice League is a team compromised of individual heroes who all need equal attention (see: The Avengers). Unless everyone just wants Batman & Friends, because they didn't take the time to tell us why Wonder Woman is an Amazonian or why Flash can run so fast.

shrmntnk62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By shrmntnk62

I am intrigued by this I could see it work. I'm not a huge fan of most of his acting work but I could get behind him as directer. I'm curious as to who he would play as if he stared in it as well. Steve Trevor would be a good choice. I guess maybe GL too.

SocialBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#113  Edited By SocialBat

I heard if Ben turns it down, they are taking it to M Night Shyamalan.

BushidoBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By BushidoBlack

@jcbart said:

@sethysquare said:

@jcbart said:

Bloody hell.

That's because Bryan Singer took his sweet time and handled the characters on a very small, personal scale. X-Men and X-Men 2 weren't very big films at all, and only a few (Wolverine, Rogue, Jean Grey, Professor X and Nightcrawler) got any real amount of focus.

Remember the terrible X-Men 3? Yeah, that's what happens when you throw in a bunch of SFX and a crap tonne of characters.

Plus you're forgetting the key ingredient to that: they're all mutants. Take ten minutes in the beginning of X-Men 1 to tell us what a mutant is, the entire cast is now free from relatively arduous backstories. Good luck trying to explain why a Kryptonian and a Martian exist in the same universe as Batman within ten minutes without prequels.

Plus, the X-Men are a team. You can afford to put the limelight on a select few for a movie. Whereas The Justice League is a team compromised of individual heroes who all need equal attention (see: The Avengers). Unless everyone just wants Batman & Friends, because they didn't take the time to tell us why Wonder Woman is an Amazonian or why Flash can run so fast.

Pretty much.

You can't compare the X-Men's situation to the Justice League. Both are on completely different scales.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By sethysquare

@jcbart said:

@sethysquare said:

@jcbart said:

Bloody hell.

1. The script has been worked on since last year and if they start production next year, they would have another 2 years to film, direct and edit. MOS ended filming since february. They have ample of time to work on the script and movie. So define how love is sweet time. 2 years for writing 2 years for filming is not enough? You mean Singer took 7 years or something for everything? Also Wolverine, Rogue, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Professor X, Storm, Nightcrawler. 7 characters. Justice League have about just as many.

2. X-men was crappy because they throw in a bunch of SFX and a crap tonne of characters? You mean thats gonna happen to Justice League? Are you sure they're going to throw in a bunch of SFX and like what 20 members?

3. Justice League was more of a team than X-men.

Justice League was created in 1960.

X-men was created in 1963.

X-men focused on those 6 characters. Justice League have only about 5-7 characters that will appear on screen. They'll probably all have equal screen time and other side characters like Steve Trevor/Amander Waller if they appear, will probably not have much screen time. So whats your point?

1 thing you forgot, 1.6 billion revenue for Avengers and only 300mil and 500 mil for Captain America and Thor. Which means majority of the people that watched Avengers did not watch Captain America and Thor. I'm sure they don't need to see how Captain America got his shield and how Thor got his hammer to enjoy Avengers or are you saying otherwise?

Additionally, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are the world's most iconic heroes of all time. (Spiderman would be the 3rd or 4th one). I'm sure everybody in the worls knows pretty much who the trinity are as compared to Captain America or Thor.

Flash also had a TV series in the 90s. And basically he is just a speedster. Do people really need to know how he got doused in a chemical and struck by lightning to enjoy Justice League? Whats so important about that? When I first started reading Flash I didn't have to look for his first appearance or read his Year One or origins to enjoy it. I know he got struck by lightning in a lab so he can run really fast. What else is there to know?

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Surkit

I think Ridley Scott should direct the Justice League, his p.o.v. when he comes at a new project is always something people don't expect initially.

Avatar image for thesmallvillefan12
    TheSmallvillefan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm skeptical. Not saying its a bad idea or neccessarily a good one. At least its not Joel Schumacher.

FlagSister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By FlagSister

might work

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#119  Edited By TheMess1428

Kyle Higgins should direct!

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By jcbart

@sethysquare said:

@jcbart said:

@sethysquare said:

@jcbart said:

Bloody hell.

1. The script has been worked on since last year and if they start production next year, they would have another 2 years to film, direct and edit. MOS ended filming since february. They have ample of time to work on the script and movie. So define how love is sweet time. 2 years for writing 2 years for filming is not enough? You mean Singer took 7 years or something for everything? Also Wolverine, Rogue, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Professor X, Storm, Nightcrawler. 7 characters. Justice League have about just as many.

2. X-men was crappy because they throw in a bunch of SFX and a crap tonne of characters? You mean thats gonna happen to Justice League? Are you sure they're going to throw in a bunch of SFX and like what 20 members?

X-men focused on those 6 characters. Justice League have only about 5-7 characters that will appear on screen. They'll probably all have equal screen time and other side characters like Steve Trevor/Amander Waller if they appear, will probably not have much screen time. So whats your point?

1 thing you forgot, 1.6 billion revenue for Avengers and only 300mil and 500 mil for Captain America and Thor. Which means majority of the people that watched Avengers did not watch Captain America and Thor. I'm sure they don't need to see how Captain America got his shield and how Thor got his hammer to enjoy Avengers or are you saying otherwise?

Additionally, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are the world's most iconic heroes of all time. (Spiderman would be the 3rd or 4th one). I'm sure everybody in the worls knows pretty much who the trinity are as compared to Captain America or Thor.

Flash also had a TV series in the 90s. And basically he is just a speedster. Do people really need to know how he got doused in a chemical and struck by lightning to enjoy Justice League? Whats so important about that? When I first started reading Flash I didn't have to look for his first appearance or read his Year One or origins to enjoy it. I know he got struck by lightning in a lab so he can run really fast. What else is there to know?

Uh, I think you're entirely missing the point here. I'm not saying that they need a lot of time to make the movie itself, I'm saying that you need more time to introduce each individual character. Plus, did you even watch X-Men 1? Cyclops and Storm did sweet bugger all, and Jean Grey was merely the cute, weak telepath that Wolverine flirted with. It wasn't until the sequel where she got any sort of development. The X-Men movie focussed on Wolverine and Rogue, pretty much.

Oh and, yes, the first X-Men was actually in development for at least 5 years.

I never mean to sound rude, but you're really not thinking about what I'm saying. I'm saying The Justice League movie will be a rushed piece of trash if they don't take the time to create prequel movies, and that's a fact. Say the movie is two and a half hours long. Say Wonder Woman hasn't had a movie beforehand. How long is it going to take to introduce her? How do they have time to introduce her, and Flash, and Martian Manhunter, and bring the team together, and give us a good villain? They can't. Not in two and a half hours. Not at all.

The X-Men are a team; a singular unit. The Justice League is a group of individual heroes, each with varying backstories and origins. In The Avengers, they could get away with Hawkeye because he's a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who specialises in archery. Handwaving The Flash in a similar fashion? Very poor story telling.

Yes, people know who Batman and Superman are, but Martian Manhunter? Flash? Even Wonder Woman? No. No-one I know in real life knows these characters, believe it or not. They hadn't heard of Iron Man or Captain America or Thor either before they saw the films. People may know the name Wonder Woman, but if the film makers take that for granted they have failed instantly as movie makers.

Oh and I'd say that about 60% of people who saw The Avengers went and saw it again because they loved it. Hence the far higher revenue.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By WDW

@FlagSister said:

might work

Might not lol

FlagSister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By FlagSister

@WDW said:

@FlagSister said:

might work

Might not lol

Are you mocking me? :P

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#123  Edited By BritishMonkey

Plus last I heard, Ben Affleck said he would definitely never play a super hero again. It was too embarassing so nope, no Ben Affleck as Flash or whatever or whoever.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By sethysquare

UPDATE

FYI, the timing of our JUSTICE LEAGUE story had NOTHING to do w/ Disney's announcement of Whedon's Avengers 2. We've been on Ben for weeks!

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/233329192656310272

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@SocialBat: NICE!

Loki2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Loki2u

I wonder if a two-part movie could work? Part one is the whole setup of story and characters with individual action sequences and part two a year later with the big finale! Kind of like what the Hobbit is doing or Lord of the Rings.

Just a suggestion. I don't think its necessary to have previous movies to establish characters, but I agree that 2.5 hours isn't enough to have a proper story with origins included.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By sethysquare

@jcbart said:

@sethysquare said:

@jcbart said:

@sethysquare said:

@jcbart said:

Bloody hell.

Uh, I think you're entirely missing the point here. I'm not saying that they need a lot of time to make the movie itself, I'm saying that you need more time to introduce each individual character. Plus, did you even watch X-Men 1? Cyclops and Storm did sweet bugger all, and Jean Grey was merely the cute, weak telepath that Wolverine flirted with. It wasn't until the sequel where she got any sort of development. The X-Men movie focussed on Wolverine and Rogue, pretty much.

Oh and, yes, the first X-Men was actually in development for at least 5 years.

I never mean to sound rude, but you're really not thinking about what I'm saying. I'm saying The Justice League movie will be a rushed piece of trash if they don't take the time to create prequel movies, and that's a fact. Say the movie is two and a half hours long. Say Wonder Woman hasn't had a movie beforehand. How long is it going to take to introduce her? How do they have time to introduce her, and Flash, and Martian Manhunter, and bring the team together, and give us a good villain? They can't. Not in two and a half hours. Not at all.

The X-Men are a team; a singular unit. The Justice League is a group of individual heroes, each with varying backstories and origins. In The Avengers, they could get away with Hawkeye because he's a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who specialises in archery. Handwaving The Flash in a similar fashion? Very poor story telling.

Yes, people know who Batman and Superman are, but Martian Manhunter? Flash? Even Wonder Woman? No. No-one I know in real life knows these characters, believe it or not. They hadn't heard of Iron Man or Captain America or Thor either before they saw the films. People may know the name Wonder Woman, but if the film makers take that for granted they have failed instantly as movie makers.

Oh and I'd say that about 60% of people who saw The Avengers went and saw it again because they loved it. Hence the far higher revenue.

Well, Justice League was in development for way longer than that. There was Justice League mortal and another Justice League movie planned for next year and everything kept getting re-written.

I am thinking about what you're saying.

But I don't understand why is it that every single f**ing movie in the world had no prequels and no lead in and they managed to do fine. Justice League the animated series took 3 episodes to show how the team formed together. They included WW's origins. Batman and Superman did not need that. Flash just ran into the screen. No one really need to know how he got his powers.

MM will probably not be in the team.

So you're saying X-men is not a group of individual heroes? Theres no backstory to how storm was mistreated by her dad or step dad, how wolverines got his "origins" and etc? All these are not important? X-men are not individual heroes?

Yes, people know who Batman and Superman are, but Martian Manhunter? Flash? Even Wonder Woman? No. No-one I know in real life knows these characters,

MM will not be in the film most probably.

Flash had his 90s TV show and Flash was a much more iconic hero than Captain America and Thor before the movie. He has been embedded in the pop culture.

Also did you just say No one you know in real life knows who Wonder Woman is?

Show me the proof. I don't believe 60% of the people watched it again. Is there a poll where I can access it.

Just because you love the marvel way does not mean it'll be right.

Justice League the animated series took 1 hour to tell the origins of how the team came together and included WW's origins.

New Frontier took 80 minutes to show how the team got together and even included Green Lantern's origin.

Not sure why people are so obsessed with wanting to see prequels and origins.

I have seen Batman's origin a million times.

Superman likewise.

Green Lantern's origin was just shown.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman's origin was being played on TV all the time. Growing up, I've seen her adventures on the late 70s TV show.

I've also seen Flash's origin on the 90s TV series.

5 of them pretty much already formed the Justice League

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Adnan

@jcbart said:

Bloody hell.

Agreed. Avengers had several movies supporting it before it even came out. It seems like all JL will have is Man of Steel and MAYBE Green Lantern 2. I doubt fans will let them go for a smaller JL either (Supes, WW, Batman, GL, and Flash is fine for the first movie imo, but many seem to disagree) so we're gonna get one big mess of a movie.

Also, perhaps some may see that as blasphemous but...regarding the unpopular Daredevil movie...I liked the Director's Cut. It's not my favourite movie of all time, and certainly not my favourite comic book movie of all time, but it's way, way better than the theatrical cut atleast.

dom_catz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By dom_catz

he's been good in this transition to director/actor so why not.

warpgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By warpgirl

I really couldn't give a hoot if Aflack directed it. My primary concern is if it's going to be Classic JLA or Puke52 JLA

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Smurfboy

I want Peter Jackson. :(

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By jcbart

@sethysquare: And you know why a Justice League movie has been in development for longer than that? Because it can't work on it's own.

You don't understand why every movie in the world didn't need a prequel to do fine? I'm sorry... what? Every movie in the world? That doesn't even make sense. I'm not talking about every single movie out there. I'm talking about a Justice League movie.

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. As a team the X-Men work as a singular unit because they're all the same. They're mutants. They have the same superhero origin. I don't know HOW MUCH I can stress this enough. You can handwave any character after the first ten minutes of X-Men 1 because, "oh, they're a mutant. This is their mutant power." It's easy. You can't do that with Wonder Woman, or with Flash. Not if you want to do any sliver of justice to the comics, the fans or just want to make a decent movie in general.

You can see what trying to give a fleshed out background with Wolverine did to the X-Men movies. It consumed them.

I said that people know who Wonder Woman is, but not what she is. There is no argument here saying that Wonder Woman is ingrained into pop culture so that means she doesn't need an origin story. That is the worst possible creative decision I have ever heard. The number one rule is to eliminate the possibility that the audience know's who the character is. That's the groundwork for introducing a character into a movie. You work your way up. Just because everyone knew who Spider-Man was, Sam Raimi didn't just ignore his origin, did he? He did not.

Yes, but you're a fan. You grew up watching all these origins because you were a fan and they made you a fan. Children who watch Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes will know who Ant Man is, but that doesn't mean that every possible consumer for the movie knows who he is. That doesn't mean that, because fans know Ant Man, they don't need to do an origin story. This is for a wider audience than all of that put together. This is bigger than any cartoon Justice League film. This is a film that will attract millions of people. Millions of people who only know that Wonder Woman is, "that chick in the bikini and has a rope."

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133  Edited By Cap10nate

Affleck will take the directors job. Then he will make himself Batman. Return the favor to Damon all those years ago for the role in Good Will Hunting and make him Green Lantern.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By CrimsonCake

@Smurfboy said:

I want Peter Jackson. :(

That's actually not a bad idea.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By sethysquare

@jcbart: Agree to disagree. What worked for Avengers may not necessarily work for Justice League.

Also Justice League and Avengers isn't the only ensemble film in Hollywood. I'm sure you can think of tons of ensemble films where each character has his or her own origins story and some were told in the film others were just briefly mentioned.

Even if I did not know what Flash's origins are, all I need to know is that he got struck by lightning and the chemicals fell on him. Why can't you do that with the Flash? What is so complicated about that? MM never had his origins told either. He was just an alien that came to earth. WW's origin was told in Justice League TAS. Shes an amazon and she stole the braces and lasso because she knows an impending danger in arriving upon earth. The only person that needs an origin is Wonder Woman and Cyborg if he appears.

RMurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By RMurray

@DDangelico said:

@JohnnyWalker: THE TOWN and GONE BABY GONE are both stellar films mostly due to Affleck's direction, and ARGO looks like it will be solid as well...

This may not be such a bad idea.

100% Exactly, Absolutely, Positively CORRECT :)

We can all sit back and think of the youngster in Armageddon or Good Will Hunting, but Affleck has proven (with The Town, especially) that he can handle an ensemble cast, handle quiet character moments, and shoot action scenes. Immediately shrugging him off as a joke pick is exactly the wrong thing to do. Hopefully that mindless stigma will vanish over time, because his directing career will be far more brilliant than his acting career.

Hopefully he'll have a smaller, supporting role such as Steve Trevor or (if need be) a flashback character. I support the notion of Affleck directing, I just would prefer they didn't rush into a Justice League movie as a response to The Avengers.

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By jcbart

@sethysquare: It may not work for The Justice League, but there's a reason why The Avengers holds 92% on Rotten Tomatoes and why it's the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time. It would be wise for Warner Bros. to sit and take notes rather than say, "So..... money?"

Because that's all they're doing. There's no way to cover that up. They just want to cash in on The Avengers' success, and if they rush things, which it sounds like they are, the film can join Green Lantern and Fantastic Four where it belongs.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By sethysquare

@RMurray said:

@DDangelico said:

@JohnnyWalker: THE TOWN and GONE BABY GONE are both stellar films mostly due to Affleck's direction, and ARGO looks like it will be solid as well...

100% Exactly, Absolutely, Positively CORRECT :)

We can all sit back and think of the youngster in Armageddon or Good Will Hunting, but Affleck has proven (with The Town, especially) that he can handle an ensemble cast, handle quiet character moments, and shoot action scenes. Immediately shrugging him off as a joke pick is exactly the wrong thing to do. Hopefully that mindless stigma will vanish over time, because his directing career will be far more brilliant than his acting career.

Hopefully he'll have a smaller, supporting role such as Steve Trevor or (if need be) a flashback character. I support the notion of Affleck directing, I just would prefer they didn't rush into a Justice League movie as a response to The Avengers.

You do know that Good Will Hunting is written by Ben Affleck and he won Academy, Golden Globe awards and other awards for the screenplay right?

RMurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By RMurray

@sethysquare said:

You do know that Good Will Hunting is written by Ben Affleck and he won Academy, Golden Globe awards and other awards for the screenplay right?

Yeah, I know! :) Although I'm not sure I understand your point?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By sethysquare

@jcbart said:

So... No lead in = fail.

That is very objective of you.

You have your own sets of thoughts and that is your problem. When and if the movie is out, do yourself a favour and don't watch it. Award winning or not.

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By jcbart

@sethysquare: No lead in = fail is exactly how I feel about the matter, whether Ben Affleck directs it or not. It's not a problem of mine, it's an opinion.

Warner Bros. better make the smart decision, and not the greedy decision. The latter seems more likely.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By sethysquare

@jcbart: Every company is greedy. Believe it or not.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Wasn't a real fan of The Town but so far the upcoming Argo movie looks like I could be wrong about Affleck's directing ability. I don't know though...I just can think of so many other better candidates to direct a possible JL movie than him. Need time to think on that though lol.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#144  Edited By Grey56
    RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By RScottH08

I agree with a lot of people on the idea that this is being rushed. Why I would like to believe that in the end we get a great movie that has a lot of success and what not, I just don't see it. I have a feeling this could be going down hill quick. But we will see, I hope my feeling is wrong.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By TheHeat
    @SocialBat said:

Guillermo Del Toro should direct it. I have no real arguments as to why, other than I want him to direct everything

Isn't Del Toro doing the Hulk tv series?
    TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By TheHeat

Affleck is a good director, but is he good enough for a ensemble super hero movie?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#148  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Now that I think about it... Ben Affleck could be a decent choice... His movie 'The Town' was pretty damn good.. And plus he is a comic book fan.... Hmmm

Avatar image for vincent_valjean
    Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Vincent_Valjean

How about Darren Aronofsky?

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#150  Edited By Queso6p4

@DDangelico said:

Very true. He's a good director, but not that great of an actor. Plus, if he's in the film he'd like kinda old (Hollywood old).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.