Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Tim Drake Needs to Join a Justice League

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi everyone first off I will admit I am a Tim Drake fan boy but I believe I have a sound argument.

I feel like Tim Drake is an awesome character and I really feel he got the shaft in the new 52. I mean they made it so he was never technically robin and the only book he regularly makes an appearance in is pretty awful. So I feel he really needs to be in a book where he can either shine or at least be a part of a story that is not terrible. I also believe that he has proved himself (ill try to keep my examples new 52 canon) and they were going to offer a position to nightwing even though he turned it down. So here are the reasons why I think Tim Drake either needs to be a part of the justice league or get his own book:

1. He is a great leader that people look up to (and isnt the justice league meant to protect and lead the world?). Hes led the Teen Titans for awhile now and although the book is terrible, the team has faced some serious threats and big baddies. The Teen Titans also really look up to Tim. I mean they trust his word on everything and always look to him for answers.

2.Tim has the skill. It can be argued that Tim is the smartest of the bat family. I mean he found out (although i think they changed it to almost found out) who batman and robin where when he was a young kid. Tim has also showed that he is a capable fighter. I mean in battle of the cowl he took up the mantle of batman when no one else would and he took on Jason Todd who isnt a push over.

3. Tim has proven what it takes to be a hero. I think a great example was in the Death Of The Family crossover where the Titans came to Gotham looking for Tim and they notice how awful Gotham really is. One of them even makes a comment saying how brave Tim was and how every time they go into battle Tim goes in first even though he doesnt have any super powers. Leading the Titans has also made him popular with the public so they know hes a hero. He also took up the cowl of batman when no one else would even though he quickly gave it to Dick. Also look at what the Titans did in Forever Evil. When no one else was around to stop the crime syndicate Tim led the Titans against them and even though they lost terribly they still tried their hardest.

4. They have offered positions to non-powered people before. They just recently offered the job to nightwing but he turned it down. They are also short a member since they were betrayed in trinity war.

5. Tim kinda got the shaft on his spotlight. He used to be Robin and he kinda just got forced out of the job by Damian. He also had his own ongoing before the new 52 that ran for around 150 issues which is a big deal. Now that Damian is dead they could use him to fill the void instead of giving batman a fifth book but id rather see him on a justice league.

6. He could even join the justice league of america. I think he could fit in well there. Since the main purpose of the JLA is to be able to stop the Justice league if they get out of hand and who else really knows batman better than Tim? Also since him and Bruce dont really trust each other now Im sure TIm would understand that the world needs a protection against the justice league.

7. Tim is also a pretty popular character. I mean the guy had his own ongoing for about 10 years which is saying something. He is usually tied with Dick for favorite Robin in polls. He was also popular on the young justice show and batman the animated series.

So thats my argument as to why tim should join a justice league what do you guys think?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I don't really care what they do with Tim. He's unfixable at this point

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is tim drake red robin? the robin from new titans?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Is tim drake red robin? the robin from new titans?

yup

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gonna have to disagree. He's just not on the level of the League, really.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK cool

So to be clear

Robin #1 = Nightwing

Robin #2 = Dies, returns as red hood?

Robin #3 = Red Robin

Robin #4 = Damian, recently died in batman Inc.?

Am I wrong?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By longbowhunter

I'd rather just pretend Tim doesn't exist in the New 52. I've got bunch of Chuck Dixon back issues I can read if I want a dose of the Boy Wonder. It's really a shame. His Red Robin title was great, but he's just not the same character at this point.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be up for that. Tim certainly deserves more spotlight.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

if we were talking about the Pre52 Tim Drake then I would definitely agree with you...especially after the Red Robin series...but New 52 Tim Drake? No

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Na, the leagues have their 'endangering minors' quota filled with Shazam and Stargirl.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: I basically agree. Tim is better with younger heroes. Not that the reboot version is any good.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No if any former robin need to be in the league it's Dick

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

It's not that I don't feel he's on that level, it's just that I feel he does better with heroes his own age. If the Outsiders were still around than I would have said that he should rejoin/lead them but that won't happen.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim? Don't care what happens to him at this point

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No thanks

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I hate Tim, pre or new 52

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@longbowhunter: the words out of my mouth, sir.

@saint_rog_el: and I hate you, sir.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Captain13

Hmmm a NEW female Nightwing where have I seen that mentioned before….

O wait an Anonymous leak on /co/ over a month ago, which at the time I brushed off as just someone bullshitting as people do from time to time there.

>There will be three new Justice League titles launching in April. The already announced JUSTICE LEAGUE CANADA will replace JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA thru August as a result of events in FOREVER EVIL. The others will spin out of FOREVER EVIL as well:

>OUTLAW JUSTICE. In this modern day western adventure series, superheroes have been outlawed in post-FOREVER EVIL America and the most wanted man in the country is Dick Grayson. He will lead an underground band of heroes operating behind enemy lines, hunted by both sides.

*****>YOUNG JUSTICE will focus on the lives and loves of the next generation of superheroes. This series will include THE NEW 52 debut of heroes like: Aqualad and Miss Martian. *****

>All of these series will be part of the build up to September 2014’s big event: JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED, a 52-week long Justice League series, featuring heroes and villains from across time and space, led by Booster Gold and a popular returning hero not seen since THE NEW 52 started.

>Also debuting in April, THE ALL NEW NIGHTWING #30. Who is the mysterious new guardian of Gotham City? Not even Batman knows HER secrets.

She isn’t debuting in that issue really, but looking at things, #30 really IS the most likely issue for her to take over the Nightwing book, and this look into the future issue of Batman seems like an idea that just came up very recently cause Caupllo needed more time to finish pencils on the final issue of Year Zero and this was posted over a month ago.

Later in that same thread he also says.

>RED HOOD #30 will also launch a new direction and creative team.

And while that person seems to have been an issue off (which also could have just been plans changing slightly) Red Hood is indeed getting a new creative team post Forever Evil as was announced today.

Coupled with the fact that Jeff Lemire made and then deleted a Tweet teasing a new book called Justice League _N___D or something like that (really the only two possibilties for the blanks were United and Unlimited)

I think this leak actually has a lot of credibility to it now, I mean it could all be a crazy coincedence but is that really likely?

I don’t like the concept of “SUPERHERO’s BANNED IN AMERICA, which I presume happens cause Lex is probably going to save the world during Forever Evil and gain HUGE influence. Though if its pulled off right Outlaw Justice could be a fun book.

But on the other hand, Young Justice book with Aqualad (who I guess will be Kaldur or they might call him Jackson like preboot, but whatever you know Black Manta’s son) and M’gann, if this is real DC, PLEASE GIVE THIS A GOOD CREATIVE TEAM DC, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. It’s been ages since a good Teen team book. And what other characters could be there with our lovely lovley Kaldur and Meggles??? Im guessing it’ll be structured kind of like the YJ animated series with them being tied very closely to the League to really differentiate it from Teen Titans (and cause well the YJ animated series was popular so why not reuse a concept from a recent popular thing)

Regardless the reintroduction of those characters is long overdue.

O and im guessing the hero paired up with Booster in united is Ted Kord, they’ve been hinting at him coming back as of late and really everyone loves the two of them together so why not give the fans what they want. I just hope Ted’s return doesn’t mean DC is screwing Jaime over, that would be upsetting.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?478057-Rumors-About-DC-s-Post-Forever-Evil-Plans

--

The Young Justice Title underlined/italicized/asterixed above will likely feature Tim Drake, Jon Kent (?), Cassie Sandsmark, Bart Allen, Megan Morse, and Jackson Hyde. With so few Young Justice family titles left, this "Young Justice" book may be a Justice League title. Solicits come out next week, OP. You may get something close to your wish.

There needs to be a well-written teen team book, which we haven't seen from DC since like the 1980s.

If Gail Simone could write the book as well as she wrote Secret 6, I'd be on board with her as writer, but she's only been giving us cr** recently...

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@captain13: holy shit, this sounds great. If Young Justice can fix Tim than I'd be a happy man. I wonder if Hal will be rejoining the main league or hooking up with Nightwing's outlaw league.

kazekaine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm a NEW female Nightwing where have I seen that mentioned before….

O wait an Anonymous leak on /co/ over a month ago, which at the time I brushed off as just someone bullshitting as people do from time to time there.

>There will be three new Justice League titles launching in April. The already announced JUSTICE LEAGUE CANADA will replace JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA thru August as a result of events in FOREVER EVIL. The others will spin out of FOREVER EVIL as well:

>OUTLAW JUSTICE. In this modern day western adventure series, superheroes have been outlawed in post-FOREVER EVIL America and the most wanted man in the country is Dick Grayson. He will lead an underground band of heroes operating behind enemy lines, hunted by both sides.

*****>YOUNG JUSTICE will focus on the lives and loves of the next generation of superheroes. This series will include THE NEW 52 debut of heroes like: Aqualad and Miss Martian. *****

>All of these series will be part of the build up to September 2014’s big event: JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED, a 52-week long Justice League series, featuring heroes and villains from across time and space, led by Booster Gold and a popular returning hero not seen since THE NEW 52 started.

>Also debuting in April, THE ALL NEW NIGHTWING #30. Who is the mysterious new guardian of Gotham City? Not even Batman knows HER secrets.

She isn’t debuting in that issue really, but looking at things, #30 really IS the most likely issue for her to take over the Nightwing book, and this look into the future issue of Batman seems like an idea that just came up very recently cause Caupllo needed more time to finish pencils on the final issue of Year Zero and this was posted over a month ago.

Later in that same thread he also says.

>RED HOOD #30 will also launch a new direction and creative team.

And while that person seems to have been an issue off (which also could have just been plans changing slightly) Red Hood is indeed getting a new creative team post Forever Evil as was announced today.

Coupled with the fact that Jeff Lemire made and then deleted a Tweet teasing a new book called Justice League _N___D or something like that (really the only two possibilties for the blanks were United and Unlimited)

I think this leak actually has a lot of credibility to it now, I mean it could all be a crazy coincedence but is that really likely?

I don’t like the concept of “SUPERHERO’s BANNED IN AMERICA, which I presume happens cause Lex is probably going to save the world during Forever Evil and gain HUGE influence. Though if its pulled off right Outlaw Justice could be a fun book.

But on the other hand, Young Justice book with Aqualad (who I guess will be Kaldur or they might call him Jackson like preboot, but whatever you know Black Manta’s son) and M’gann, if this is real DC, PLEASE GIVE THIS A GOOD CREATIVE TEAM DC, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. It’s been ages since a good Teen team book. And what other characters could be there with our lovely lovley Kaldur and Meggles??? Im guessing it’ll be structured kind of like the YJ animated series with them being tied very closely to the League to really differentiate it from Teen Titans (and cause well the YJ animated series was popular so why not reuse a concept from a recent popular thing)

Regardless the reintroduction of those characters is long overdue.

O and im guessing the hero paired up with Booster in united is Ted Kord, they’ve been hinting at him coming back as of late and really everyone loves the two of them together so why not give the fans what they want. I just hope Ted’s return doesn’t mean DC is screwing Jaime over, that would be upsetting.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?478057-Rumors-About-DC-s-Post-Forever-Evil-Plans

--

The Young Justice Title underlined/italicized/asterixed above will likely feature Tim Drake, Jon Kent (?), Cassie Sandsmark, Bart Allen, Megan Morse, and Jackson Hyde. With so few Young Justice family titles left, this "Young Justice" book may be a Justice League title. Solicits come out next week, OP. You may get something close to your wish.

There needs to be a well-written teen team book, which we haven't seen from DC since like the 1980s.

If Gail Simone could write the book as well as she wrote Secret 6, I'd be on board with her as writer, but she's only been giving us cr** recently...

no solstice?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kazekaine1: No. I like the idea of just having legacy characters. But what I want isn't what is likely to happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.