thoughts on batman in JL

#1 Edited by fil123 (552 posts) - - Show Bio

im a pretty big batman comic fan (love what snyder is doing) but i had to drop JL after 13 issues because how batman is pretty much the most useless person ever. so i decided to add JLA to my pull list and i really have been enjoying it and it occurred to me that batman belongs in a group like this. where his strengths will be utilized.

batman shouldnt be in giant alien fights but doing black op type shit with the JLA. then again Geoff johns cant write batman to save his life (think he hates the character).

wanted to get some of your thoughts on batman in JL

#2 Edited by jayskee (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much the same. Oh and your right Johns does hate batman. Read batman earth one and see what I'm talking about

#3 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6255 posts) - - Show Bio
@jayskee said:

Johns does hate batman

This

#4 Posted by Al_capOWN (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman or no batman, Justice League owns!

#5 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayskee said:

Johns does hate batman

This

I don't think he hates him, I just think he doesn't really understand him too well. I mean Batman was one of the most useful members on the team and one of its most valuable assets prior to the New 52 and Johns.

#6 Posted by fil123 (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller said:
@jayskee said:

Johns does hate batman

This

I don't think he hates him, I just think he doesn't really understand him too well. I mean Batman was one of the most useful members on the team and one of its most valuable assets prior to the New 52 and Johns.

i would like to see batman be a part time member, while leading a small group or JLA. Stve trevor is too much of a b*tch to lead anything, he should just go cry about wonder woman

#7 Posted by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is not the only person whose talents are underutilized in the JL comics.

He does not fight much on the team but who else gets to do any thinking?

Dc needs to take an approach like Avengers. Its not hard to have fights split up in a manner that lets everyone fight, or have the team members work together on projects letting everyone show they have a brain besides Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.