The justice league series needs a change!

#1 Posted by Nighthunter (29553 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not saying it isn't good, what I mean is:

needed the first 8 issues to introduce the complete team- WTF?

then a crossover with the JSA that was decent at best

after that we have a story that introduces us to the Green Arrow/Black Canary wedding

then an introduction to the Tangent comics-Again WTF?

currently they are using the team to have a tie-in with Salvation Run

and as soon as that finishes it introduces Kobra for the Final Crisis event.

I mean after a very close beggining this comic has become a way to bring attention and/or introduce future events. This is DC's premier team and should be treated like that, instead books like Teen Titans, Outsiders, JSA and Checkmate between others are the only ones showing promising stories and quality.

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Renegade Lantern (7330 posts) - - Show Bio

It has lost a lot of steam! I am seriously about to take it off my pull list!

#3 Posted by Nighthunter (29553 posts) - - Show Bio

Renegade Lantern says:

"It has lost a lot of steam! I am seriously about to take it off my pull list! "

yeah, I'm giving it a few issues to see if it gains quality or if they'll finally do a self contained kickass JLA story, then again with Final Crisis near I doubt it will, at least until it ends

#4 Posted by Renegade Lantern (7330 posts) - - Show Bio

It fell off after lightning saga in my eyes!

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (29553 posts) - - Show Bio

Renegade Lantern says:

"It fell off after lightning saga in my eyes! "

meltzer had some good moments as the writer and could have done something better if:

a) he had moved things faster

because the first three issues (0-2) were quite good, what he failed to do was to keep the various stories moving.

b) there are a few flaws in his run, such as the aquaman talking in his last issue

#6 Posted by Zenma (5001 posts) - - Show Bio

superboyprime's fist says:

"JLA will be much better once Hal Jordan dies a slow, painful death."

you're lucky that not a lot of people are online

#7 Posted by Zenma (5001 posts) - - Show Bio

that is what you may think

#8 Posted by Zenma (5001 posts) - - Show Bio

well who knows, but there will be those who will disrespect you for it

#9 Posted by Zenma (5001 posts) - - Show Bio

Frisco says:

"It's so wrong to say that only 'sick' people like him..."

yes......

#10 Posted by Frisco (294 posts) - - Show Bio

It's so wrong to say that only 'sick' people like him...

#11 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to agree, the new run of Justice League just hasn't been up to the standard of the JLA days. The one with Vixen and Red Arrow trapped under a building was particularly dire. I think Justice Society and Teen Titans are the best team books out there at the moment and would definitely recommend them over the League (or either Avengers book at the moment)

superboyprime's fist says:

"I think most people would agree with me. Only sick people like Hal Jordan."

If this isn't text book trolling, I don't know what is.

#12 Posted by Nighthunter (29553 posts) - - Show Bio

Zemma and Superboy:

What the heck have you done to this thread?

Cosmic Sentinel:

I agree with you

#13 Posted by Nighthunter (29553 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"I think Dc might just be holding out for Final Crisis, thats why there havnt been many good story lines in the Justice League so far, i must agree though, it hasnt been up to scratch at all, and yeah what was with that issue with Vixen and red Arrow i mean WTF, relevance was where?????I dunno, i hope it picks up but really its going to take alot for it to get over it past mistakes."

well I just watched the solicits

After the Final Crisis issue, it is one about Red Tornado.

This looks selfcontained and I just checked an interview with Didio saying that Final Crisis won't have a lot of tie-ins.

I hope this is true and the JLA will finally get what it deserves

if not screw it and to look for another comic lol

still it doesn't feel right what they are doing to it

#14 Posted by Spectrum (4453 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Dc might just be holding out for Final Crisis, thats why there havnt been many good story lines in the Justice League so far, i must agree though, it hasnt been up to scratch at all, and yeah what was with that issue with Vixen and red Arrow i mean WTF, relevance was where?????

I dunno, i hope it picks up but really its going to take alot for it to get over it past mistakes.

#15 Posted by Spectrum (4453 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah im really not satisfied with what theyv done to it....oh wel heres to hoping!!

#16 Posted by Nighthunter (29553 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"Yeah im really not satisfied with what theyv done to it....oh wel heres to hoping!!"

in the end that's the only thing we can do lol

#17 Posted by Mighty Thorion (918 posts) - - Show Bio

The last couple of issues it just feels like we're waiting for the Final Crisis to kick off - it's as if the JLA can't get into its own adventures just in case the characters are needed for the FC storyline. Particularly weak for me was the Tangent/Flash issue - It had to be introduced here because...? While Benes' artwork remains the strongpoint of the magazine, Meltzer needs to get his writing up to scratch pronto. In membership terms this League looks like the strongest line up ever. Now just needs some menaces of similar stature to give the book some renewed interest and impetus.

#18 Posted by Nighthunter (29553 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Meltzer left the book since number 12

#19 Posted by Mighty Thorion (918 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"lol Meltzer left the book since number 12"

Oops - yeah you're right. Should've read Burnett/Macduffie need to get their writing up to scratch - apologies

#20 Posted by Nighthunter (29553 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Thorion says:

"Nighthunter says:

Oops - yeah you're right. Should've read Burnett/Macduffie need to get their writing up to scratch - apologies

"

lol np

Gotta admit that their story featuring the injustice league was something I was looking forward when it was announced....the best part of it was the first cover....the only good thing?

#21 Posted by Mighty Thorion (918 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Mighty Thorion says:
"Nighthunter says:
Oops - yeah you're right. Should've read Burnett/Macduffie need to get their writing up to scratch - apologies "
lol np Gotta admit that their story featuring the injustice league was something I was looking forward when it was announced....the best part of it was the first cover....the only good thing?"

I thought the story was okay, but the League was captured too easily and then they overcame the injustice league too easily. I thought for a while we were gonna be ripped off with those dual covers every month!

#22 Posted by Mighty Thorion (918 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Mighty Thorion says:
"Nighthunter says:
Oops - yeah you're right. Should've read Burnett/Macduffie need to get their writing up to scratch - apologies "
lol np Gotta admit that their story featuring the injustice league was something I was looking forward when it was announced....the best part of it was the first cover....the only good thing?"

I thought the story was okay, but the League was captured too easily and then they overcame the injustice league too easily. I thought for a while we were gonna be ripped off with those dual covers every month!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.