The Justice League's Top 5 Members (And Preferred Actors)

#1 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

great article. I actually like the pics. Don't think Jake Gyllenhaal works as Hal Jordan, but he is a good actor and could play Kyle Rayner or any other GL, but Jordan is suppose to be kind of an arrogant and cocky jerk, and I think there are better actors who can portray that.

also the descriptions for each characters are perfect

1)Superman
Superman heralded the beginning of the superhero genre, and he continues captivate the imaginations of millions of people. As a Justice League member, Clark has always been the hero that other heroes turn to for support. He's a natural leader who inspires the confidence of almost everyone around him. He carries hope on his shoulders when there is no hope. He's not not perfect, and he's not the goody two-shoes that people play him up to be, but he knows when and how to take a stand against things that are unpopular. Despite all of the amazing super powers that Clark brings to the team, his biggest strength has always been his sense of responsibility. It's why he fights for the little guy. It's what keeps him from being an absolutely terrifying force. And it's why people are willing to put their faith in the Justice League. He's not just a hero in costume either. He brings awareness to the causes of crime in his day job as a reporter. That way he doesn't just tear things down--he also helps to make things better in the long run. On the physical plane, Superman is always an asset and can carry his weight in almost any situation. His science fiction background opens up plenty of story possibilities, and it just wouldn't feel right to not have the Justice League without Superman.
2)Batman
Batman is a very close second. He is the night to Superman's day. As a Justice League member, Bruce has always been the brains and conscience of the team. He may not always be the most popular person among his teammates, but he commands respect and loyalty. Plus, who wants to read a story without drama or team-conflict? Batman may not have any powers, but he's always been one of the strongest assets to the team. His detective skills, strategic planning, stealth, cunning, and resourcefulness are on such high levels that he's an undeniably vital team member. And along with all of those skills, he brings financial backing and a vast network of non-combat resources. Similarly to Clark, Bruce does not end his war on crime when he is out of costume. As a philanthropist, he addresses social issues that Batman is unable to handle such as poverty and disease. Batman is just as vital to the team as Superman is.
3)Wonder Woman
Diana's nickname--the Amazon Princess--illustrates the beautiful dichotomy of her character. She's a powerful, strong-willed woman who would never back down from a fight or a challenge, but she's also a lover of peace who would never seek a fight or a conflict. She's simultaneously both the most fierce and most nurturing member of the team. With her powerful abilities and vast training, Diana is capable of going toe-to-toe with just about any hero or villain. She's also experienced at handling threats that range from common crime to crimes that are of a magical or supernatural nature. She commands respect both as Wonder Woman and Diana Prince, the ambassador of a warrior nation. She's got political connections that could be useful to the Justice League, and she's exactly who you want with you in the trenches.
4)Green Lantern
Hal Jordan is THE interstellar hero. He was chosen above all others for his courage, his willpower, and his honesty--two vital qualities in a Green Lantern. In many ways, Hal is the most human of the group. He's been irresponsible. He's felt fear. And he's overcome great challenges no matter what set-backs are sent his way. He's always willing to stare death in the face and put his life on the line--something that he does regularly as a test pilot. Not only is he a charming womanizer and light-hearted joker, Hal is also a man's man. He's the guy you want to share drinks with when you go out on a night on the town. He's a great foil for the other members of the League, and he has some very entertaining inter-personal dynamics with other members of the team. He's a rebel and he isn't afraid to let people know what's on his mind--sometimes to his own detriment. He knows how to make light of dire situations to put things into perspective. With his Power Ring, he's a strong asset to the team in almost any environment. His ring's translation skills come in handy with all of the exotic beings that the Justice League comes into contact with.
5)Cyborg
Victor Stone seldom receives the credit he rightfully deserves. He's been called the Swiss Army Knife of superheroes and that's not simply due to the vast range of his awesome powers. Victor has not only played the role of superhero, he's also played the roles of scientist and teacher. He is a tough-as-nails everyman--a people’s champion. He spends all of his time working as a superhero because he's kind of a workaholic. He's also very relate-able because he's been through tragedy and struggle. He had to give up his dreams after an alien invasion turned his life upside down, but at his core, he's always been a hero. All of these factors make Cyborg one of the most interesting and relevant members of the Justice League.
6)Flash
Unlike many of the other heroes, the Flash is a hero that the public is likely to run into on the streets and interact regularly with, whereas some of his team mates stick to the shadows or fly. He’s approachable and passionate, spending his spare time working on police cases and visiting children in orphanages. These attributes make him indispensable to the team, as he provides a vital link between the Justice League and the people they serve. He's also very relate-able because he's been shy, he felt overwhelmed, and he's felt out of his league. But he's also determined, focused, and kind. His speed is unmatched by any member of the Justice League, and he can solve several problems before they grow into huge issues. His police training is useful because it helps to keep his team mates and himself from crossing the line.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fan_fic/news/?a=70199#LPtc4Pwm0jzQehLc.99

overall just a nice article

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

great article. I actually like the pics. Don't think Jake Gyllenhaal works as Hal Jordan, but he is a good actor and could play Kyle Rayner or any other GL, but Rayner is suppose to be kind of an arrogant and cocky jerk, and I think there are better actors who can portray that.

also the descriptions for each characters are perfect

1)Superman
Superman heralded the beginning of the superhero genre, and he continues captivate the imaginations of millions of people. As a Justice League member, Clark has always been the hero that other heroes turn to for support. He's a natural leader who inspires the confidence of almost everyone around him. He carries hope on his shoulders when there is no hope. He's not not perfect, and he's not the goody two-shoes that people play him up to be, but he knows when and how to take a stand against things that are unpopular. Despite all of the amazing super powers that Clark brings to the team, his biggest strength has always been his sense of responsibility. It's why he fights for the little guy. It's what keeps him from being an absolutely terrifying force. And it's why people are willing to put their faith in the Justice League. He's not just a hero in costume either. He brings awareness to the causes of crime in his day job as a reporter. That way he doesn't just tear things down--he also helps to make things better in the long run. On the physical plane, Superman is always an asset and can carry his weight in almost any situation. His science fiction background opens up plenty of story possibilities, and it just wouldn't feel right to not have the Justice League without Superman.
2)Batman
Batman is a very close second. He is the night to Superman's day. As a Justice League member, Bruce has always been the brains and conscience of the team. He may not always be the most popular person among his teammates, but he commands respect and loyalty. Plus, who wants to read a story without drama or team-conflict? Batman may not have any powers, but he's always been one of the strongest assets to the team. His detective skills, strategic planning, stealth, cunning, and resourcefulness are on such high levels that he's an undeniably vital team member. And along with all of those skills, he brings financial backing and a vast network of non-combat resources. Similarly to Clark, Bruce does not end his war on crime when he is out of costume. As a philanthropist, he addresses social issues that Batman is unable to handle such as poverty and disease. Batman is just as vital to the team as Superman is.
3)Wonder Woman
Diana's nickname--the Amazon Princess--illustrates the beautiful dichotomy of her character. She's a powerful, strong-willed woman who would never back down from a fight or a challenge, but she's also a lover of peace who would never seek a fight or a conflict. She's simultaneously both the most fierce and most nurturing member of the team. With her powerful abilities and vast training, Diana is capable of going toe-to-toe with just about any hero or villain. She's also experienced at handling threats that range from common crime to crimes that are of a magical or supernatural nature. She commands respect both as Wonder Woman and Diana Prince, the ambassador of a warrior nation. She's got political connections that could be useful to the Justice League, and she's exactly who you want with you in the trenches.
4)Green Lantern
Hal Jordan is THE interstellar hero. He was chosen above all others for his courage, his willpower, and his honesty--two vital qualities in a Green Lantern. In many ways, Hal is the most human of the group. He's been irresponsible. He's felt fear. And he's overcome great challenges no matter what set-backs are sent his way. He's always willing to stare death in the face and put his life on the line--something that he does regularly as a test pilot. Not only is he a charming womanizer and light-hearted joker, Hal is also a man's man. He's the guy you want to share drinks with when you go out on a night on the town. He's a great foil for the other members of the League, and he has some very entertaining inter-personal dynamics with other members of the team. He's a rebel and he isn't afraid to let people know what's on his mind--sometimes to his own detriment. He knows how to make light of dire situations to put things into perspective. With his Power Ring, he's a strong asset to the team in almost any environment. His ring's translation skills come in handy with all of the exotic beings that the Justice League comes into contact with.
5)Cyborg
Victor Stone seldom receives the credit he rightfully deserves. He's been called the Swiss Army Knife of superheroes and that's not simply due to the vast range of his awesome powers. Victor has not only played the role of superhero, he's also played the roles of scientist and teacher. He is a tough-as-nails everyman--a people’s champion. He spends all of his time working as a superhero because he's kind of a workaholic. He's also very relate-able because he's been through tragedy and struggle. He had to give up his dreams after an alien invasion turned his life upside down, but at his core, he's always been a hero. All of these factors make Cyborg one of the most interesting and relevant members of the Justice League.
6)Flash
Unlike many of the other heroes, the Flash is a hero that the public is likely to run into on the streets and interact regularly with, whereas some of his team mates stick to the shadows or fly. He’s approachable and passionate, spending his spare time working on police cases and visiting children in orphanages. These attributes make him indispensable to the team, as he provides a vital link between the Justice League and the people they serve. He's also very relate-able because he's been shy, he felt overwhelmed, and he's felt out of his league. But he's also determined, focused, and kind. His speed is unmatched by any member of the Justice League, and he can solve several problems before they grow into huge issues. His police training is useful because it helps to keep his team mates and himself from crossing the line.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fan_fic/news/?a=70199#LPtc4Pwm0jzQehLc.99

overall just a nice article

that's not science.

#4 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I am baffled by the fact that they chose to list the greatest six members of the league... and there are only seven members in total. Someone seriously doesn't like Aquaman.

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

I am baffled by the fact that they chose to list the greatest six members of the league... and there are only seven members in total. Someone seriously doesn't like Aquaman.

seriously.

#6 Posted by ValendianKnight (297 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah.....that's some serious Aquaman hate there. I kinda like those choices, though Jake should definitely not play Hal. Also, Gosling is awesome, though I'm not sure he's Batman.

#7 Posted by Arcadian (376 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez, people keep placing Ryan Gosling on these "fan cast" lists because they can't think of anyone else :P As for this thread, please stop making them - we've already had like 5 similar posts already!

#8 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're gonna pick real life actors. I say find ones that look the closest to Alex Ross's art work. I mean the guy pretty much already made them real life.

#10 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrankenKong said:

If you're gonna pick real life actors. I say find ones that look the closest to Alex Ross's art work. I mean the guy pretty much already made them real life.

I'd rather not settle for Alex Ross' friends in pajamas

#11 Edited by FlashKnight (448 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by RustyRoy (10814 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice cast, I can see Gyllanhaal as Hal Jordan.

#13 Posted by Black_Claw (2883 posts) - - Show Bio

If anything, I think Chris Pine should play Hal Jordan. I mean seriously, have you seen the Star Trek movies? He'd be perfect for Hal Jordan.

#14 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: That's like typecasting. Not sure he would accept for that reason.

#15 Posted by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: I agree.

Also, why no Aquaman or Martian Manhunter? Both of them are critical members of the Justice League and are founders.

#16 Posted by RustyRoy (10814 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: Yeah Chris Pine is my choice for Hal too, but after seeing this I think Gyllanhaal would be great too.

#17 Posted by dcdyno (130 posts) - - Show Bio

please superman or someone else needs to put cyborg in the sun. alex ross or the cartoon team would be nice. and Christian bale said he would return if asked. and 'the dark knight' 's wayne enterprises symbol, was in 'man of steel'. and the jl tv show started with batman tas and then superman tas.

#18 Posted by drgnx (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

I could go with all those, though I hope we get Bale again

I like Gemma or I Bridget Regan for WW :)

Badley Cooper would also be my pick for Green Lantern, but I really like Gyllenhaal too as an option!

#19 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1188 posts) - - Show Bio

no offense to flash fan but i just dont see a flash live action movie working maybe animated series sure but live action one not so much. also change Charlie Hunnam to play Aqua man now that would work

#20 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like this list quite a bit. Id make pick someone else for Flash, like Chris Pine.

#21 Posted by Black_Claw (2883 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: I always thought Chris Pine would be perfect to play Hal Jordan. Especially since Ryan Reynolds said he doesn't want to return as GL.

#22 Posted by Justthatkid (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@valendianknight: Aquaman's also been in some versions that Hal hasn't.... Like 1mil, Detroit and some other JL strories.. Cyborg over Aquaman is a tremendous slap....

#23 Posted by booter24 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman=Henry Cavill

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)=Chris Pine

Aquaman=Alexander Skarsgård

Wonder Woman=Yuliya Snigir

Flash=Armie Hammer

Batman=Mark Wahlberg

#24 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by DoctorXander (947 posts) - - Show Bio

For Green Lantern I would cast Ben Browder, the actor for Colonel Mitchell in Star Gate SG-1 and the main guy in Farscape (sorry I don't know his name there).

#27 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

Not only is Cyborg not a top member of the Justice League, nobody refers to him as the Swiss Army knife. That usually goes to Martian Manhunter.

#28 Edited by JROCK72 (411 posts) - - Show Bio

Henry Cavill ~ Superman (Clark Kent)

Christian Bale ~ Batman (Bruce Wayne)

Bridget Regan ~ Wonder Woman (Diana Prince)

Mark Valley ~ Flash (Barry Allen)

Ryan Reynolds ~ Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Charlie Hunham ~ Aquaman (Arthur Curry)

#29 Posted by Nightwing661 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Bradley Cooper - The Flash

If Reynolds isn't Hal then I say Nathan Filion.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson - Martian Manhunter

Alex Pettyfer - Aquaman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.