The Justice League Roster I Want To See Someday

  • 59 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care if it's a future version of the main DCU or an alternate reality. I just want to see it.
Everyone on the roster is a legacy character, so don't expect to see all your favorite Titans. 
 
CORE MEMBERS

1. Superman (Kon-El/ Conner Kent)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
2. Batman (Tim Drake)

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
3. Wonder Woman (Cassandra Sandsmark)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
4. The Flash (Bart Allen)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
5. Aquaman (Jackson Hyde)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
6. Miss Martian Manhunter (M'gann M'orzz/ Megan Morse)  
#2 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

  I actually like it... though I disagree with Rose being a villain. 

#3 Posted by Liberty (9192 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13:   You need one more player.  Make it and even ten.  How about Misfit?
#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad.

Online
#5 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita: Yeah, I just got rid of that part because this is about the Justice League, not their enemies. I know Ravager has a lot of fans, but I always thought that she should be a Secret Six type villain--you know, likeable and bad@ss, but still on the wrong side of the law. A lot like Scandal Savage.
#6 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Liberty said:
" @Captain13:   You need one more player.  Make it and even ten.  How about Misfit? "
That could work. In Titans Tomorrow, she becomes the new Huntress, but I would rather she become a magic AND tech version of Oracle.
 
Or how about Mary Marvel as the new Captain Marvel?
#7 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13 said:
" @Liberty said:
" @Captain13:   You need one more player.  Make it and even ten.  How about Misfit? "
That could work. In Titans Tomorrow, she becomes the new Huntress, but I would rather she become a magic AND tech version of Oracle.  Or how about Mary Marvel as the new Captain Marvel? "

  NOOOOOO~~~@@@!!!!!  NEVARRRRRR!!!!  I love Mary but she must NOT BE CAPTAIN MARVEL1!  That title is reserved for Billy, and Billy alone.   
 
  I would love it though, if she became Lady Marvel.   =]  That would be cool.
 
  Really cool =D
#8 Edited by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13:  Also, Mary and Billy are the same age.  Why have Mary as the Cap when you can get the original for the same price =P?  Get my drift?
#9 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
" @Captain13:  Also, Mary and Billy are the same age.  Why have Mary as the Cap when you can get the original for the same price =P?  Get my drift? "
True. Let me think it over a bit...
He may be redundant with Superboy/man on the team...
But he's really cool...
Hmmmm....
#10 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13:  Not redundant. >:[  Thanks to Billy, Superboy was published.  Without Billy, there may not have been a Superboy.  Guarantee it =P.  
 
  And yes, Billy is suppperrrrrr cooooollllllll.   
 
  =]
#11 Posted by Liberty (9192 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13:   I really like Mary and Misfit on the team but you would have to get rid of one.  Don't make it Blue Beetle.
#12 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
" @Captain13:  Not redundant. >:[  Thanks to Billy, Superboy was published.  Without Billy, there may not have been a Superboy.  Guarantee it =P.  
 
  And yes, Billy is suppperrrrrr cooooollllllll.   
   =] "
Oh, Billy is really cool, but what usually makes him unique is already covered on this roster. The whole concept of CM is that he's a kid in Superman's body. If we age him, he'll just be more mature and experienced, which would make him Superman (personality-wise) basically wouldn't it? Conner is already maturing to be more like Clark anyway...
And the other cool thing about Billy is his magic pedigree and his magical experience. But an adult Wondergirl should have a good understanding of the supernatural anyway...
I think that I would more likely put Mary on the team, since even though she has the same powers and background as Billy, she doesn't bear a striking resemblance to Conner the way Billy does.
 
Final Ruling: Mary Marvel maybe...
                      Billy Batson-Justice League Reserves
 
@Liberty said:
" @Captain13:   I really like Mary and Misfit on the team but you would have to get rid of one.  Don't make it Blue Beetle. "

I wouldn't ever get rid of Blue Beetle. There's one spot left open, and I'll probably give it to a (would be) legacy.
 
So the choices for final member are:
 
Mary Marvel as Lady Marvel or Marvelwoman
Misfit as Oracle
Bombshell as Captain Atom
Offspring as Plasticman 
Zachary Zatara as the new... well he'd still be Zatara, but you get it...
#13 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

You need a Magical Heavy Hitter here...Mary Marvel sounds like a good choice or maybe someone new? Does Zatana have an apprentice?
#14 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Sadhu said:
" You need a Magical Heavy Hitter here...Mary Marvel sounds like a good choice or maybe someone new? Does Zatana have an apprentice? "
Kind of. Her cousin Zachary Zatara is following in her footsteps, but I wouldn't call him an apprentice.
#15 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8898 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13: That is not a JLA roster it's Teen titan's roster, lol, you need some first generation duded
 
My ideal JLA roster would be:
-Batman (Bruce Wayne)
-Superman
-Diana
-Zatanna
-Barry Allen
-Alan Scott
-Static
-Martian Manhunter
-Captain Marvel (Billy)
#16 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach:  Just age them all 10 years, and they wouldn't be teens anymore. Plus if Dick, Donna, and Mon-El can be in the JLA, I think my roster is still very possible.
 
Just imagine them:
 


But as good guys. And with a better looking Miss Martian.
 
You have a nice roster BTW.
#17 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13:  Billy shouldn't even be a kid.  I mean he was the third hero to appear in the second generation right after Batman and Superman.  He should be an adult already.  =[, and why wouldn't aging Billy work?  It worked back in the 1940's where they released a series with an adult Billy and people enjoyed it.  Billy would never be Clark, Billy is all about giving people another chance and seeing the best in people, even if they don't deserve it.  Heck the guy goes doesn't mind being called, The Big Red Cheese, =P. 
 
  Nevermind though, I'm ranting now.  Mary on the team makes me happy, Lady Marvel is an awesome name.  =]
#18 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather have one more girl on the roster, so it's down to either...
 
Mary Marvel as Lady Marvel or Marvelwoman
Misfit as Oracle

#19 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8898 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13: Some of them could make JLA as is but I prefer my choices. Not that these characters aren't cool.
#20 Posted by Liberty (9192 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13: 
 
  1. Mary Marvel as Lady Marvel or Marvelwoman = Good
  2. Misfit as Oracle = Good
  3. Bombshell as Captain Atom = Good
  4. Offspring as Plasticman = For the love of God.....NO!
  5. Zachary Zatara as the new... well he'd still be Zatara, but you get it. = No. 
 
A girl would even out the cast in gender.
#21 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Liberty said:
" @Captain13: 
 
  1. Mary Marvel as Lady Marvel or Marvelwoman = Good
  2. Misfit as Oracle = Good
  3. Bombshell as Captain Atom = Good
  4. Offspring as Plasticman = For the love of God.....NO!
  5. Zachary Zatara as the new... well he'd still be Zatara, but you get it. = No. 
 A girl would even out the cast in gender. "
Thanks for the input. I'm going with Mary. I think she would fit in with the group dynamic best of all the girls.
Bombshell can be a troublemaker... and I think Misfit would probably be treated the way Flamebird was--as an overeager outsider.
#22 Posted by Liberty (9192 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13:   Before you decide completely you alway need a foil.  i.e. a trouble maker.  You don't want the team to bland.
#23 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Liberty said:
" @Captain13:   Before you decide completely you alway need a foil.  i.e. a trouble maker.  You don't want the team to bland. "
Who do you think that should be?
#24 Posted by Liberty (9192 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13:  It is your team.  I just wanted you to think about the other side of that dynamic.  Every good Justice League has a foil and a jokester.  Sometimes they are the same person.  i didn't want you to eliminate Bombshell for that reason.
#25 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Liberty: I thought that Bart would be the lighthearted jokester, and Tim would be the edge now that he's heading in a darker direction...
 
The Star Sapphire isn't really established yet, so she could be a wild card. But I don't see her fitting the type of role that you're talking about.
 
I guess every team needs a Wolverine/Hawkeye/Raphael/Green Arrow to question authority, but I think that role could be filled by several of the team members already. Maybe Aqualad or Blue Beetle?
It seems as though Aqualad is set to be that character based on his background, but his personality hasn't really been established though... 

Looking back at the old JLU cartoon, one of my favorite characters was Hawkgirl, who the producers called their "female Wolverine." My roster doesn't have that as of now I guess. Bombshell would be a fine choice I suppose. I'll put her on tentatively until I know more about Aqualad and read some stories with her that aren't written by the current TT writer.
#26 Posted by Liberty (9192 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13: 

I thought that Bart would be the lighthearted jokester, and Tim would be the edge now that he's heading in a darker direction...
 
The Star Sapphire isn't really established yet, so she could be a wild card. But I don't see her fitting the type of role that you're talking about.
 
I guess every team needs a Wolverine/Hawkeye/Raphael/Green Arrow to question authority, but I think that role could be filled by several of the team members already. Maybe Aqualad or Blue Beetle?
It seems as though Aqualad is set to be that character based on his background, but his personality hasn't really been established though... 

Looking back at the old JLU cartoon, one of my favorite characters was Hawkgirl, who the producers called their "female Wolverine." My roster doesn't have that as of now I guess. Bombshell would be a fine choice I suppose. I'll put her on tentatively until I know more about Aqualad and read some stories with her that aren't written by the current TT writer.  

This is why your list is so good because you have thought it out.  Yes you have the jokester the dark edge the leader and the doubter but not a foil.  a foil is someone who plays against the other characters a person you love to hate, a trouble maker.
 
 

#27 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

This line-up would totally rock if they were all in their 20s. Hopefully Superboy would be the leader by then. He  and Wonder girl would be married. There would be a new Trinity. Blue Beetle and Kid Flash would be like Booster Gold and Ted Kord. Aqualad could be a truly bad@ss Aquaman--I mean a Darth Vader father, water manipulation, and a great destiny ahead of him, what's not to like? He could probably have a psychic connection with Miss Martian, which would be cool. I really love every part of this team.
 
Hopefully we don't have to wait forever to see this roster. Even if they aren't in the JLA, they could make one bad@ss team of Titans. Hopefully JT Krul or a future Titans writer will see this post.

#28 Posted by SlightConfuse (105 posts) - - Show Bio

not bad tough id replace Aqualad with green arrow

#29 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cryoedge:  Mia's there, so you have Golden Arrow.
#30 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superdork said:
" This line-up would totally rock if they were all in their 20s. Hopefully Superboy would be the leader by then. He  and Wonder girl would be married. There would be a new Trinity. Blue Beetle and Kid Flash would be like Booster Gold and Ted Kord. Aqualad could be a truly bad@ss Aquaman--I mean a Darth Vader father, water manipulation, and a great destiny ahead of him, what's not to like? He could probably have a psychic connection with Miss Martian, which would be cool. I really love every part of this team.  Hopefully we don't have to wait forever to see this roster. Even if they aren't in the JLA, they could make one bad@ss team of Titans. Hopefully JT Krul or a future Titans writer will see this post. "
Thanks for the support. This would be a great team of Titans too. If they weren't aged, Billy Batson could be in the line-up too. I left him out the JLA because he seemed redundant, but if Billy were still a kid, then he could bring a new dynamic to the team.  
 
I think what's so appealing about this roster is not just their personalities, but also the whole idea of legacies. I hope some writers see this line-up too.
 
@Amegashita said:
" @Cryoedge:  Mia's there, so you have Golden Arrow. "

Exactly. Green Arrow, Red Arrow, and Golden Arrow. Unless Cryoedge is talking about Connor Hawke/Green Arrow. But why have two archers on one team?
#31 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13:  Not only that, but Mia and Ollie have similar personalities.  And since she see's Ollie as a father, you know she'll do his legacy well =P
#32 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita: Exactly.
#33 Edited by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Perfect! I only would add Bette Kane/Flamebird as Batwoman. 
And Misfit as Huntress
 







 Misfit/Huntress
#34 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@JCJQLB:  Lol, you and that Flamebird =P
#35 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita: lol
#36 Posted by justice teen (471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach:
the point is they want the orginal jla replace with the successors. which i think is a good idea. 
 
Also add zachary
#37 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

Not keen on the new Aqualad... I just can't see how the characterisation of Jackson is supposed to fit in with the characterisation of Aqualad.
 
Other than that, this is pretty much Titans of Tomorrow.

#38 Edited by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio

Just edited the OP. Tell me what you think. Try to give me reasons WHY I should add certain members.
 
By WHY, I mean:
 
1. The Character should be inheriting a mantle used by a JLA member.
2. An aged version of the character's personality should be worthy of the JLA, and should make stories more exciting.
3. The character should bring something to the table that the first 8 don't.

#39 Edited by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio
@JCJQLB said:

" It's Perfect! I only would add Bette Kane/Flamebird as Batwoman. 
And Misfit as Huntress
 








 Misfit/Huntress
"
Having Batman and Batwoman would be kind of cheesey IMO. And the Huntress identity has never been used by a recurring JLA member.

@Hunter114

said:

" Other than that, this is pretty much Titans of Tomorrow. "

Not really. A line-up is just as much about personality as membership. The Titans of Tomorrow may be a similar concept, but their villainous personalities aren't an accurate portrayal of what this team would be.
#40 Posted by Ultimate JSA (2840 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13:
dude you just turned the teen titans into the JLA not cool man 
 
Heres my list 
Captain Marvel- Freddy Freeman 
Captain Comet 
Deadman 
El Diablo II 
Guardian 
those are the core members
#41 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultimate JSA said:
"@Captain13: dude you just turned the teen titans into the JLA not cool man  Heres my list Captain Marvel- Freddy Freeman Captain Comet Deadman El Diablo II Guardian those are the core members "
  None of those characters, beside Freddy, have any ties to the JLA.  And don't get me started on why Freddy shouldn't be in the League.
#42 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

I see that you've made some changes to this roster...
But I like it even better than the last one! You've got a great mix of personalities, legacies, powers, and diversity. These characters have big shoes to fill, and with big enough challenges, I could see some compelling stories with them. Props on finding some strong women and Asians for the team. 
I hope that this is the JLA or Titans or Teen Titans roster some day soon.

#43 Posted by DEGRAAF (7895 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13:

I like your choices except for Blue Bettle. I've never heard of Vixen though
#44 Posted by Vitality (1768 posts) - - Show Bio

Not me....I always like to original teams. 
 
If you're putting new members together...make a new team.
#45 Posted by Lvenger (20643 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice list. If DC were to ever do a series about the future superheroes, this would make a nice Justice League. I haven't heard of this particular Vixen though nor this particular version of Doctor Light. I'd sub those 2 for Zachary Zatara to provide a magic wielder on the team and the second Terra, the one called Atlee. Her powers would make a nice addition to this team. Nonetheless this is a very good list

#46 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" @Captain13: I like your choices except for Blue Bettle. I've never heard of Vixen though "
@Lvenger said:
" Nice list. If DC were to ever do a series about the future superheroes, this would make a nice Justice League. I haven't heard of this particular Vixen though nor this particular version of Doctor Light. I'd sub those 2 for Zachary Zatara to provide a magic wielder on the team and the second Terra, the one called Atlee. Her powers would make a nice addition to this team. Nonetheless this is a very good list "
This is Vixen. She was on the league during Dwayne McDuffie's run and she was on Justice League Unlimited. This is the person I set up to take her mantle: Empress. She was on Young Justice for a while. She's actually a magic user/fighter too.
 
The other girl isn't Doctor Light (yet), she's a new Teen Titan named Solstice, who has light-based powers. She's pretty new, but I've included her because she adds more diversity and she has an interesting personality.
 
Is Atlee a teen? I always assumed that she's in her early 20s since she's always hanging out with Power Girl. 
 
I'm not a huge fan of the Zataras...
#47 Posted by DEGRAAF (7895 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13:
sorry, i know who the current Vixen is, i ment i didnt know who the new one to replace her was
#48 Posted by NightFang (10117 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" Not bad. "
#49 Posted by Lvenger (20643 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13:  I checked out who Empress was after reading this thread. Since she's magic based she would make a better replacement magic wise than Zachary. His powers only affect non living things. And after reading the February DC solicitations I now know who Solsctice is and evidently I know who Vixen is particularly since I was reading the Dwayne Mcduffie run on JLA and watched the JLU cartoon. Finally I think Atlee is a teen because it states on this site she was born in 1993 so that would make her 17. However with the explanations you've given me, this shapes up to be a better group than I first gave it credit for. In terms of Batman though, what about the Damien Batman in the future? I'm not suggesting you replace Tim with him but I am asking how it fits in chronologically
#50 Edited by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:

" @Captain13: sorry, i know who the current Vixen is, i ment i didnt know who the new one to replace her was "

Gotcha. My bad. Haha.
 

@Lvenger

said:

" @Captain13:  I checked out who Empress was after reading this thread. Since she's magic based she would make a better replacement magic wise than Zachary. His powers only affect non living things. And after reading the February DC solicitations I now know who Solsctice is and evidently I know who Vixen is particularly since I was reading the Dwayne Mcduffie run on JLA and watched the JLU cartoon. Finally I think Atlee is a teen because it states on this site she was born in 1993 so that would make her 17. However with the explanations you've given me, this shapes up to be a better group than I first gave it credit for. In terms of Batman though, what about the Damien Batman in the future? I'm not suggesting you replace Tim with him but I am asking how it fits in chronologically "


My bad about the Vixen thing. 
 
Thanks for the info about Atlee. I guess that the only reason I would leave her out would be that both her and Miss Martian are developing so similarly. They both have the outsider trying to fit into our world thing going. I prefer Atlee because of her limited variety in powers, which is good for a team. And sometimes it irks me that Miss Martian has so many powers that she probably doesn't need a team. But I think that it would be a better idea for me to include MM because she probably has and will have more fans than Altee due to her exposure on the Young Justice cartoon. Plus MM's legacy is more well known than Atlee's. Having MM instead of Atlee would probably help sell more books, even though I think Atlee would fit onto a team better.
 
As for Damien, I see it like this: his future as Batman is one possibility for the DCU, along with the Titans Tomorrow, and Batman Beyond.
Now, if a writer were to want this Justice League I've organized, and still have the Damien future, there are a few ways of making this happen. Keep in mind that I haven't read Batman 666, so I could have some details fudged.
 
1) In that future, Damien respects 2 Batmen (Bruce and Dick) not 3 Batmen. This could be because he never thought Tim was a good enough Batman. Also Damien has made a lot of personal sacrifices for Gotham at that time, since it doesn't seem like he has a great support system the way previous Batmen did. A writer could say that Damien's only goal is protecting Gotham without distractions. He may be opposed to teams because Tim was so team oriented that during his time as Batman, he neglected Gotham more than he should have, which would also explain his lack of respect for Tim.This is somewhat rational considering that Tim has been on many teams over the years. I could see this scenario happening if Tim took up the mantle for the JLA, but ends up dying. In this scenario, chronologically, Damien would be Batman after Tim.
 
2) There are currently more than one Batman in the DCU. Maybe that tradition continues. In another possible version of the future, maybe both Tim and Damien become Batman around the same time. With Tim being the JLA Batman and Damien being the Gotham Batman. It's also possible that other cities have Batmen also because of Batman, Inc. The mention of 2 Batmen may be a reference to the fall of the two Batmen who most affected Damien's development (Bruce and Dick).  In this scenario, chronologically, Tim and Damien would both be Batman at the same time, but would have different jurisdictions, missions, and styles. 
 
I can't really see Tim allowing Damien to take up the mantle before he takes it himself. But another possibility is that Damien kills Tim in that future, which would have very Dark implications.
 
Now as for this League I've organized, I see a few possible origin:
 
1) With so many legacy characters, one has to wonder: where are the mentors? Maybe some crisis killed them off, and wiped out the JLA, leaving these young heroes to pick up the pieces. At first they may not take up the identities of their mentors, out of respect, but they would come to realize how much the world needs a Superman, Batman, etc. So they would take up the mantles, to help them do a better job. With so many heroes gone, this team would need to watch out about overextending themselves, plus they would need to get the public to trust them, and villains to respect them.
 
2) Another possibility would be that there are two Justice Leagues. One team, the Justice League (International?), would deal with Global and Interplanetary threats, while the other team, The Justice League of America, would deal with American issues. There could be other Justice Leagues too, like the Justice League of the United Kingdom, the Justice League of China, etc. The older heroes would have the more planetary Justice League, while the younger ones could have the JLA. Or vice versa if you decide the the global Justice League should be covert like the Outsiders.
 
There are just plenty of possibilities. And thank you for the credit btw.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.