Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

The Justice League of America core concept

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
    RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

You're a senior member of A.R.GU.S. Amanda Waller and Steve Trevor have come to you with an idea called the Justice League of America, a strike force capable of taking down the Justice League if need be. There will be seven members, each specifically chosen to parallel a member of the Justice League. They are asking for your recommendations. Who do you select to combat each of the original seven Justice League members? Example:

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Press Oblivion

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

You're a senior member of A.R.GU.S. Amanda Waller and Steve Trevor have come to you with an idea called the Justice League of America, a strike force capable of taking down the Justice League if need be. There will be seven members, each specifically chosen to parallel a member of the Justice League. They are asking for your recommendations. Who do you select to combat each of the original seven Justice League members? Example:

Awesome Selections, some of these would never have occured to me.

• Superman - Icon -Awesome choice, I would have come up with Shazam
    • Barman - Green Arrow -That's logical, I would have picked Deathstroke
    • Wonder Woman - Fairchild -That's good choice too, I might have though Zealot
    • Green Lantern - Simon Baz -agreed
    • Flash - Jenny Quantum -I have no clue who that is so I'll trust you on that one. :)
    • Aquaman - Hawkman -That's epic! I have no idea who would fit here otherwise.
    • Cyborg - Hardware -Another awesome choice! I might have gone with Sister Superior

Cool to see you Milestone selections in there, it would have been a great way to introduce them to the DCU

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KnightRise

Martian Manhunter in a serious fight would beat Superman IMO. Icon was shown to be Superman's equal, and thats why I wouldn't use him.

Midnighter to defeat Batman. GA won't cut it.

Shazam (if I could convince him its for the greater good) to defeat WW. I have to go with pre-N52 feats, though

Maybe Captain Atom or Firestorm. Simon Baz is way to inexperienced to think about coming at Hal.

Hawkman vs Aquaman would be a brutal sight that I'd love to read.

Disguise Cyborg Superman as a hero and see if technopathy works on Cyborg.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By ComicStooge

Superman - Shazam

Batman - Deathstroke

Wonder Woman - Orion

Green Lantern - Martian Manhunter

Flash - Captain Atom

Aquaman - Firestorm

Cyborg - Blue Beetle

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Veshark

@KnightRise said:

Martian Manhunter in a serious fight would beat Superman IMO. Icon was shown to be Superman's equal, and thats why I wouldn't use him.

Shazam (if I could convince him its for the greater good) to defeat WW. I have to go with pre-N52 feats, though

Maybe Captain Atom or Firestorm. Simon Baz is way to inexperienced to think about coming at Hal.

Pretty much this. Midnighter's the perfect counterpart for Batman, and I like how there's a 'hidden' villain on a team with Cyborg Superman. I kind of prefer the idea of Zealot for Wonder Woman though, as present Shazam is way too inexperienced. Plus, more Wildstorm characters!

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@RideASpaceCowboy: Cyborg vs Hardware is not a good match up. Yes, they are both tech heroes, but Batman and Superman are both fist-fighters, ya dig? Cyborg can literally hack any technological device on the planet. No other tech hero is in his League. In Justice League issue 1, Waller tells Steve that the government tries to avoid putting sensitive information on computers because they know that Cyborg will access it. Cyborg not hacking something properly is now PIS. So he would easily shut down Hardware's gear.

And people always forget about Cyborg's boom tubes. Hardware has no answer to that. I'm saying this and I like Hardware.

Your other match-ups are good though.

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#7  Edited By Mighty Thorion

Don't see Green Arrow taking down Batman, not sure about Fairchild against Wonder Woman, don't know enough about Jenny Quantum to comment and the Aquaman V Hawkman battle would depend on the environment in which it happened - don't see Hawkman winning a sea-based contest.

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Nightwing4

Best 1v1 matchups I've seen are Manhunter vs Supes and Beetle vs Cyborg. Deathstroke would be good, good enough to distract Batman until everyone else is down, anyway. Not sold on Hawkman taking Aquaman. Icon or Shazam vs WW is a close matchup. Put Captain Atom against Green Lantern then your only problem is Flash.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Lvenger
    • Superman - Martian Manhunter. New 52 Superman has been shown to be vulnerable to mental attacks which MM can deliver in spades. And since he's taken on the whole League so far he's got good physical stats too and better overall power versatility
    • Batman - Midnighter. Catwoman's nowhere near Batman's level whereas Midnighter is an expert combatant and is able to predict his opponent's tactics. Plus he's more ruthless than Batman.
    • Wonder Woman - The only person who I think would be a fair match for taking down Wonder Woman would be Orion. He looks like he'll be pitted against Wonder Woman in the future and with superstrength, his 'Astro-Harness' plus being the best warrior New Genesis has to offer, he should be the right guy to take down Wonder Woman
    • Green Lantern - Baz is way too inexperienced to take down Hal. Captain Atom would be the best counter for a Lantern given his new matter manipulation powers.
    • Flash - This one is tricky. I'll come back to Flash.
    • Aquaman - I don't know whether Hawkman can take Aquaman down but the sheer awesomeness of that fight would be worth it!
    • Cyborg - Engineer. She's a fellow machine with plenty of tech herself and is smarter than him. Or Steel. He took down Cyborg in Rotworld.
    colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By colonyofcells

Superman vs Martian, majestic, apollo, icon, ultraman, captain atom, hawkman. Batman vs midnighter, Wrath, Lady Shiva, Bronze tiger, Richard drgon, cassandra cain, judomaster. Wonder Woman vs supergirl, Cheetah. Flash vs ray, Zoom, captain cold. Green Lantern vs captain comet, blue beetle.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By SoA
      • Superman - Apollo
      • Batman - Midnighter
      • Wonder Woman - Power Girl
      • Green Lantern - Alan Scott
      • Flash - Jay Garrick
      • Aquaman -Animal Man
      • Cyborg - Blue Beetle
    Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spawn92

Superman - Martian Manhunter

Batman - Midnighter

Wonder Woman - Power Girl?

Green Lantern - Captain Atom

Flash - The Ray

Aquaman - Animal Man

Cyborg - Engineer

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By JakeN7

@RideASpaceCowboy: Who the hell is Barman?

RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

@JakeN7 said:

@RideASpaceCowboy: Who the hell is Barman?

Thanks; it's fixed now. I was typing this at work, so I had to be quick and post it without proofreading.

wrestlgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By wrestlgurl

Don't know the post-52 world too well, but I'll try: I'm not going to try to match them up with similar heroes, as much as just people I think could take them down:

Superman - Phantom Stranger

Batman - Midnighter

Aquaman - Firestorm

Green Lantern - Martian Manhunter

Flash - Deadman

Wonder Woman - Jack Hawksmoor

Cyborg - Metamorpho

Not sure if all these characters are still around or whatever changes may have happened to them, but if they are anywhere near like what they were pre-52, then they should be able to take down the Big 7.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#16  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Press Oblivion said:

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

Awesome Selections, some of these would never have occured to me.

• Superman - Icon -Awesome choice, I would have come up with Shazam
    a very good choice
    • Barman - Green Arrow -That's logical, I would have picked Deathstroke
    • Wonder Woman - Fairchild -That's good choice too, I might have though Zealot
    i wouldnt go with either Fairchild is strog but i doubt she's as good fighter as diana is whereas Zealot is a great fighter but not as strong.
    • Green Lantern - Simon Baz -agreed
    • Flash - Jenny Quantum -I have no clue who that is so I'll trust you on that one. :)
    • Aquaman - Hawkman -That's epic! I have no idea who would fit here otherwise.
    • Cyborg - Hardware -Another awesome choice! I might have gone with Sister Superior
    couldnt Cyborg just control them?

Cool to see you Milestone selections in there, it would have been a great way to introduce them to the DCU

RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

@KnightRise said:

Admittedly some of my selections were for reasons other than the stated premise. In some cases I was choosing characters from a writer's perspective; the clash of Hawkman's conservatism with Green Arrow's ultra-liberalism would make for interesting interactions between the two. I also wanted representation from all three of the universes which merged during Flashpoint (the DC universe, Wildstorm, and Milestone). Of these, some such as Hardware were chosen for conceptual and visual symmetry. Finally, some choices just made sense in the context of the current story. Simon Baz has begun a de facto partnership with Agent, so it stands to reason that Fed would lobby for his involvement (plus Waller could promise to drop any criminal charges in exchange for his cooperation.

Also, check out the ComicVine page for Icon. His power set is far more diverse than Superman's, and where there is overlap Icon is at least Superman's equal, if not superior in fact.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KnightRise

@RideASpaceCowboy: I know I'm looking forward to Hawkman clashing with Green Arrow, like the classic O'Neil GA/GL stories

But I don't think Icon would beat Superman. They had a serious battle in Worlds Collide (I think that was the title). Superman said he'd rarely been hit that hard, but he was also able to make Icon bleed earlier. In contrast, MMH is also Superman's near equal in durability and strength, but his extra power are way more useful in combat (intagiblility, shapeshifting, wicked bloodlusted TP>energy manipulation, forcefields vs Superman)

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Yai_Inn
    • Superman - Shazam
    • Batman - Mr. Terrific
    • Wonder Woman - Orion
    • Green Lantern - Martian Manhunter
    • Flash - Captain Atom
    • Aquaman - Firestorm
    • Cyborg - Black Lightning
    Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if Jenny is my matchup for Flash, seems either he tags her or he doesn't? This is literally who draws first.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By the_tree
    • Superman - Icon
    • Batman - Midnighter
    • Wonder Woman - Zealot
    • Hal Jordan - Kyle Rayner
    • Barry Allen - Captain Atom
    • Aquaman - Hawkman
    • Cyborg - Spartan

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.