Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3312 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

The Fate of the Justice League after 'Darkseid War' Revealed

• 145 results
    _Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By _Nox_

I'm beginning to feel like a Bat-God.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

its good to see substantial things happening in the summer without a mega crossover

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lettsplay10 said:

That picture of Darkseid and Anti-Monitor fighting is Awesome

but one question how is Anti-monitor fighting Darkseid

Darkseid gets beat by the JLA

i thought Anti-Monitor was Galactus level or higher

He was way above Galactus, in fact the AM is perhaps the first 'universe buster' in comics.

'Was' is the key word however, while Darkseid appears to have been beffed up with the New 52, the AM appears to have been vastly depowered.

He doesn't seem depowered, just hungry. IIRC in the finale of Forever Evil he was getting back his strength but in JL 40 Metron was afraid that he could bring about another Crisis, similar to the one he orignally caused indicating he's at least still in the same ballpark as his former self.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat God isn't really surprising he's always been superhuman.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Then why didn't he eat a Universe first before fighting Darkseid

he would have beaten him easy

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick: For all intent and purposes, this is her arc. The story revolves around her.

Anyway, I'm going to try to answer as much as I can going by JL40.

1.) BATMAN: In JL40 Metron says that Anti was Metron until he was removed from the chair and fell to disgrace. Metron is a title that is awarded to those who sit on Mobius (the chair). In JL40 (SPOILERS!)

Metron was knocked off by Darkseid's daughter and Mobius was left empty. Anyone who sits on Mobius becomes Metron. Logically speaking, I'm guessing Batman sat on it.

2.) Green Lantern: they could very well be killing off Hal to make room for Jessica Cruz in JL. He's been gone from GL for a while now and Geoff has hinted at trying to make Jess more prominent.

3.) Superman got erased from existence. Why? Because Geoff likes taking him out of the JL. This is the 4th arc he's done it. The only arcs where Superman is prominent is the Amazo virus arc.

4.) Aquaman is a mystery to me.

5.) This all happens before Convergence. The post-convergence Comics have nothing to do with JL. The JL book will make the jump after The Darkseid War Arc.

It isn't. Metron is his name. Mobius is the Anti-Monitor's name, hence why Metron called him by it.

So Superman wasn't in Justice League Origins where he took on Darkseid or during the Trinity War where he was the main focus.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Well now the Bat-God jokes are never going to end

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:

Then why didn't he eat a Universe first before fighting Darkseid

he would have beaten him easy

He doesn't want to as it would create another crisis, which is the point he made to Metron.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By Superguy1591

@dondave: Mobius is Also the name of the chair, so, I don't know what's up there.

As far as Superman: No, he was removed entirely by Darkseid and while the other 5 JL members fought on and Batman had to save him. The only thing he did in JL: Origins was show he's stronger than Batman and Hal.

In Trinity War he was removed entirely by the kryptonite in his brain. Unless you mean him going to the middle east with Diana. Trinity War had more to do with Diana and Batman trying to figure out how to save him.

Geoff takes him out of the story almost every time.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@dondave said:
    @outside_85 said:
    @lettsplay10 said:

He was way above Galactus, in fact the AM is perhaps the first 'universe buster' in comics.

'Was' is the key word however, while Darkseid appears to have been beffed up with the New 52, the AM appears to have been vastly depowered.

He doesn't seem depowered, just hungry. IIRC in the finale of Forever Evil he was getting back his strength but in JL 40 Metron was afraid that he could bring about another Crisis, similar to the one he orignally caused indicating he's at least still in the same ballpark as his former self.

Well, that's not how I read it, especially since Metron also attributed the changes wrought to Flash both with COIE and Flashpoint.

Aside that, considering he had to make some effort into destroying Earth-3 while in the past he shattered universes, I'd say it's pretty clear he's a shade of his former self... pretty much like he's always been when Johns uses him.

themiddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope Hal Jordan shines in this because I'm tired of the way the character as been written in the GL books.

this.

really tired of seeing hal portrayed as ineffective and a class clown.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:
    @outside_85 said:
    @lettsplay10 said:

Well, that's not how I read it, especially since Metron also attributed the changes wrought to Flash both with COIE and Flashpoint.

Aside that, considering he had to make some effort into destroying Earth-3 while in the past he shattered universes, I'd say it's pretty clear he's a shade of his former self... pretty much like he's always been when Johns uses him.

What Metron showed was the changes to the multiverse. I.e Anti-Monitor destroying the Mulitverse and leaving one Universe, Parallax during Zero Hour restarting the Universe, the rebirth of the Multiverse and Flash remaking the Multiverse. If he couldn't destroy universes why would Metron fear that he'd cause another crisis?

He didn't try to destroy Earth 3, he's on it. He just consumed power of the planet not try to destroy the planet itself.

Where exactly did you see him make effort to destory Earth 3?

liheibao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman disappeared a long time ago. Around 2011.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... Batman literally become Bat-god? Lawl

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be dope.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Batron" would be awesome, even if only for a little while. Very curious to find out how he gets to that point.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jeevanjacobjohn
    Jeevanjacobjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jeevanjacobjohn

This is where the Continuity Police starts screaming about Batman's appearance here and what just apparently happened to change him in his series.

This is just sad...I have been to a few sites now, talking about the Divergence issue. It's sad that most of you are ignoring DC's focus, post-convergence.

They have already made it clear that they are giving more importance to stories - stories over continuity. And each book will sort of have its own continuity (events in one book may or may not happen in another).

In that case, it is certainly possible that we will have Bat-New God in JL and Gordon Mech-Bats in Batman (and/or Batfamily titles). It's all up to the writers. I hope they stick with Bat-New God doe a while - perhaps explore more cosmic events (Well, JL traveling to other planets and helping them out - Bat-New God trying to use his powers etc). Perhaps eventually giving it up knowing that he can't interfere and help people (Metron has made that clear in JL#40) or maybe he just loses it.

Avatar image for jeevanjacobjohn
    Jeevanjacobjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saoakden said:

I am beyond excited for this story arc. I've been loving Geoff Johns run on Justice League and Jason Fabok on art is just awesome.

I just have one question. There is this one character listing off names in the comic saying who's going to be there. One of the names dropped was Jason. No last named is given so my question is the Jason their talking about Firestorm?

Or Etrigan?

Got that from CBR!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm hyped.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

So Batman will become a Bat-God?....I'm okay with that!

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so pumped for this story.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#77 frozen  Moderator
    @teerack said:
    @blacklegraph said:
    @teerack said:

Wait... so there are two Darkseid's fighting?... Shouldn't that be totally impossible with Old Gods being multiversal constants?

The other is the Anti-Monitor. He's ah.........a bit smaller in the New 52.

Holy crap... they really just made someone who used to be the size of galactus the size of a person? That's crazy.

Anti Monitor in his original body was the same size. He only got Galactus size once he got more powerful.

So no, they didn't reduce him.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Takion? Successor for High Father, used to be a blind man until Izaya found him and turned him into a New God?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@primebonnick: For all intent and purposes, this is her arc. The story revolves around her.

1.) BATMAN: In JL40 Metron says that Anti was Metron until he was removed from the chair and fell to disgrace. Metron is a title that is awarded to those who sit on Mobius (the chair). In JL40 (SPOILERS!)

Metron was knocked off by Darkseid's daughter and Mobius was left empty. Anyone who sits on Mobius becomes Metron. Logically speaking, I'm guessing Batman sat on it.

2.) Green Lantern: they could very well be killing off Hal to make room for Jessica Cruz in JL. He's been gone from GL for a while now and Geoff has hinted at trying to make Jess more prominent.

3.) Superman got erased from existence. Why? Because Geoff likes taking him out of the JL. This is the 4th arc he's done it. The only arcs where Superman is prominent is the Amazo virus arc.

5.) This all happens before Convergence. The post-convergence Comics have nothing to do with JL. The JL book will make the jump after The Darkseid War Arc.

I doubt Superman is going to get erase. I Remember in a comic I saw him in a comic the future version of himself older an the only one alive.

If they do kill him who is going to bring him back.They only make it look that way from the comic I doubt it goes that way.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

DC is funny to me.

Try try again to "fix" the continuity.

Eventually: screw continuity we'll just have each title have their own.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@dondave said:

What Metron showed was the changes to the multiverse. I.e Anti-Monitor destroying the Mulitverse and leaving one Universe, Parallax during Zero Hour restarting the Universe, the rebirth of the Multiverse and Flash remaking the Multiverse. If he couldn't destroy universes why would Metron fear that he'd cause another crisis?

He didn't try to destroy Earth 3, he's on it. He just consumed power of the planet not try to destroy the planet itself.

Where exactly did you see him make effort to destory Earth 3?

Look at it this way, Darkseid did not have the power to destroy the multiverse either, yet when he died he caused the Final Crisis and nearly took everything with him. Likewise, Alex Luthor did not have that kind of power either, but he built himself a machine that was capable of smashing universes together. Metron might fear the Anti-Monitor building another tower to boost his powers.

Yes, and everything else on it is dead.

Let me just say this is a hunch on my part, based on the fact that the CSA are not people who just run away when something threatens their stuff. By the sound and look of it, they tried to fight the AM, lost and retreated to Earth-1. These people are nearly identical in power to their counterparts on Earth-1, and they survived the fight whereas the COIE AM could stand against nearly every single hero at once. If he had been as powerful as he once was, he would have given Ultraman the same treatment he gave the Silver Age Supergirl.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman will return on the third day

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How is Batman here. Is this set before Batman 40?

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MrDevil

@_nox_ said:

I'm beginning to feel like a Bat God, Bat God

All my people from the cave to the Bat Car, Bat Car

Now who thinks their arms are long enough to B*tch-slap robin, Slap Robin?

They said I rap like a robot, so call me Batbot

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By DEGRAAF

@sgtsasquatch:

I think this is what DC meant by worrying more about making good stories and less about continuity

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#87  Edited By DrF8

Seems awesome

odvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Divergence and jl40 it seems like the best arc of justice League (and even in all the new 52 arcs From all books) until now.

LeaderVladimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

You'd think DC would treat Superman, their most famous star, with more respect. At least Geoff does.

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly got chills reading these panels... everything looks insane! So excited for this, I really can't wait.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

This is where the Continuity Police starts screaming about Batman's appearance here and what just apparently happened to change him in his series.

This is just sad...I have been to a few sites now, talking about the Divergence issue. It's sad that most of you are ignoring DC's focus, post-convergence.

They have already made it clear that they are giving more importance to stories - stories over continuity. And each book will sort of have its own continuity (events in one book may or may not happen in another).

In that case, it is certainly possible that we will have Bat-New God in JL and Gordon Mech-Bats in Batman (and/or Batfamily titles). It's all up to the writers. I hope they stick with Bat-New God doe a while - perhaps explore more cosmic events (Well, JL traveling to other planets and helping them out - Bat-New God trying to use his powers etc). Perhaps eventually giving it up knowing that he can't interfere and help people (Metron has made that clear in JL#40) or maybe he just loses it.

In case you missed them, we did report from when we talked to Jim and Dan about the idea of looser continuity. Reported here:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/jim-lee-and-dan-didio-reveal-post-convergence-plan/1100-151595/

Also, I wrote a feature about the idea of enjoying stories and not worrying about the immediate tiny details here:
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/action-comics-40-and-the-argument-for-looser-conti/1100-151695/

That "continuity police" statement was for those that don't agree. So Comic Vine is not ignoring it. We're actually in favor of it.

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil said:
    @_nox_ said:

I'm beginning to feel like a Bat God, Bat God

All my people from the cave to the Bat Car, Bat Car

Now who thinks their arms are long enough to B*tch-slap robin, Slap Robin?

They said I rap like a robot, so call me Batbot

Beautiful.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I am routing for Darkseid or Anti-Moniter

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, the bat-wank will reach another level.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks so much for the info this answers all my questions. Oh so anti monitor still keeps his dark monitor origin while also showing a connection to the new gods i do like.

hugebone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) That's not what I got from it. What I got was that the Anti-Monitor is actually named Mobius and was the one who used to sit on the chair. Hence the name of that chair. Has in Mobius' chair.

and 5) Did he say that in interviews? I haven't read any. My understanding was just that it's part of the looser continuity of DC post-convergence. Which is why Bruce is there, Hal has a ring, etc.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Superguy1591

@hugebone:

1.) We shall see.

5.) No, but post-Darkseid Justice League has been released yet to my knowledge.

The Darkseid War runs into the post-Convergence issues.

We'll just have to see how it pans out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: how does the story revolve around wonder woman? Its called Darkseid war and is about Darkseid vs anti monitor. Its also a justice league story.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Darkseid's daughter is half-Amazon. Plus, the FCBD issue said She was at the center of the story.

TheParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lettsplay10: Antimonitor can still absorb universes. He can also still destroy them. How is he weak? But yes, Darkseid seems to be really powerful.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.