Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3313 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Should Warner Bros just jump to the Justice League movie?

Avatar image for captainlantern76
    CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Edited By CaptainLantern76

Poll Should Warner Bros just jump to the Justice League movie? (47 votes)

Yes, they should 30%
    No, they should make a few more superhero movies first 70%

Honestly, I feel they should make a few more superhero movies first. Specifically, they should make films for Barry Allen and Wonder Woman, as well as a reboot for Hal Jordan. And THEN they make the Justice League movie, where the DC Cinematic Universe Batman is introduced.

What do you guys think?

• 
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13

They can't just ripoff Marvel. And this could boost the profiles of heroes whose movies may or may not take off like Flash and Wonder Woman and John Stewart Green Lantern, so yes.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

YES! I honestly can't wait 5 years for a justice league movie. Start off with the union of the team, and go from there.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

They should make a Wonder Woman and Flash movies first. Then, they can go and make JL movie

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should make a Wonder Woman and Flash movies first. Then, they can go and make JL movie

Agreed.

• 2014 : The Flash.
    • 2015 : MoS 2 and WW.
    • 2016 : JL.
    • 2017 : Batman and GL reboot.
    CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@perethorn said:

Agreed.

Mostly agree. Just switch the places of the GL reboot and MoS 2 and I agree completely with you.

Mild_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Avengers became such a success because of the ingenious 4 year build up. Rope of Silicon (one of my fav movie sites, check if out if you haven't already), wrote up a bit about why The Avengers became a phenomenon in a post about the new Mortal Instruments movie, of all things. This part in particular stands out.

Why is Marvel's The Avengers working? Because they've treated it like a television show with two massive episodes a year and now even a television show, "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.", coming this Fall. And each theatrical episode has a little teaser for the next one built right into its credits and I'm sure the television series will do the same for not only the show, but for the movies coming out that year.

I think this approach to the universe works so well because they treated each story as essential to the main attraction along with introducing beloved comic characters to the mainstream. Singular experiences that when tied together prove more compelling. I don't think a Justice League movie without that build-up would be a mistake for two reasons:

1. You aren't introducing characters properly to the mainstream. Note that Avengers didn't do a particularly great job of introducing Hawkeye & Black Widow to the team. Some of the blame is on them not being quite as compelling characters in comparison to the rest of the team, but also, the movie was just so overstuffed with other goings-on that they couldn't properly flesh out those characters up to that point. America knows Batman & Superman (and probably Green Lantern even though some of us would like to forget it) but Wonder Woman? Flash? Martian Manhunter? It'd be hard enough to introduce one of them in the film, but 3? You won't do the character (and the comic book fans) justice & you'll just be confusing the audience members who had no prior experience with these characters.
    2. You're giving the main attraction away at start. When watching Wonder Woman fight alongside Superman and Batman in order to save the world, isn't a sole Wonder Woman a way less enticing proposition afterwards? Iron Man 3 smartly dodged this by acting as a Tony-centric epilogue to The Avengers, but still, the aim for the DC Universe film franchise is for audience growth. Solo adventures of DC characters after the big team-up film isn't growing the audience, just retaining & limiting the audience they already have.

My word isn't law, all just opinions at the end of the day, but I feel like with a more esoteric roster of characters & much more limited success in Hollywood, it could be bad for DC to try to deviate from the formula that Marvel proved successful.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

we need another Superman movie.

Batman doesn't need a reboot audiences already have a good idea of Batman's deal, he can be introduced in the Justice League or another Superhero film.

Green Lantern just had a film so he isn't an option anytime soon.

You could give the other heroes solos but it shouldn't be a problem to introduce them in the Justice League either. Lets not pretend everyone who saw the Avengers watched Captain America, Thor or Hulk.

I think Victor Stone should be introduced first in Man of Steel.

Flash they need to come up with a creative way to do his powers. Aquaman and Wonder Woman seem like they should have cool origins, but not sure DC is committed to giving them films

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@sunman: Wonder Woman has a higher chance of getting a film than Aquaman does due to the fact that she has a better reputation with the general public than Aquaman.

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman: Wonder Woman has a higher chance of getting a film than Aquaman does due to the fact that she has a better reputation with the general public than Aquaman.

Indeed, and it's all because of Hanna Barbara. Well, at least Aquaman wasn't the only one who suffered because of Super Friends (lookin' at you, Hawkman)

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@black_claw said:

Indeed, and it's all because of Hanna Barbara. Well, at least Aquaman wasn't the only one who suffered because of Super Friends (lookin' at you, Hawkman)

Hawkman has probably recovered from Super Friend-itis because he isn't as mainstream as Aquaman is and so the general audience isn't reminded that he is lame unlike with Aquaman (thank Family Guy and other things for that).

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Who cares about a Justice League movie we already know they would beat the Avengers heads into the ground.

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine this:
    The Dark Knight Trilogy happened and ended right before Zod destroying Metropolis. Bruce saw this happen on a television in Italy. He's trying to leave the life as Batman behind, but seeing so much destruction to the world, he can't anymore. He comes back to America (maybe Gotham) en finds Lucius Fox' son who is also trying to fight crime. But the digital crime, so his body is mostly integrated with computers and he will later become Cyborg. Bruce puts the cowl back on. Let's forget JGL's Robin. Batman and Cyborg are looking for the real identity of Superman and because Cyborg has the whole internet in his body, they do an analysis scan or whatever and they figure out that Superman is Clark Kent. Bruce then confronts Clark. But without the suits, so it's man vs. man.
    Clark thinks he doesn't need help from a human, because he says that a human could easily have died in a fight with an alien.

I don't quite know how to fit the other JL-characters into this. Maybe some suggestions? I would rather see a World's Finest movie first...

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takeluutzen: Not a bad start and is plausible (although i would eventually like to see Dick Grayson in a movie - k a movie that doesnt suck) but i would either have them searching for superman's true identity or Bruce could have uncovered a small group of terrorists planning on attacking america trying to get America to retaliate only to find out they are from Atlantis and are trying to start World War 3 so they can get revenge on the land dwellers for sinking Atlantis millennia ago without risk to Atlantis or people finding out Atlantis still exists. The self imposed ruler of Atlantis (Aquaman's brother) can want to take over the land above as well.

In the mean time There could either be an on going war with the Amazon's against Atlantis bc that is where Atlantis started their war and Wonder Woman becomes the representative of Themyscira for the US to get aid from them and joins the fight as while Themyscira is losing the battle.

Flash could simply just want to be part of a bigger picture and do his part with no one believing he is much help since all he can do is run and he jokes around so much (by the end becoming a key player in winning against Atlantis or stopping World War 3.

Green Lantern (John Stewart IMO but probably Hal Jordan) could get word that his planet is being consumed by World War and comes to helpout trying to stop the war and mitigate thinking he is the superior law

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: Yeah buddy! Now let's pray that this is going to happen!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

They can't just ripoff Marvel. And this could boost the profiles of heroes whose movies may or may not take off like Flash and Wonder Woman and John Stewart Green Lantern, so yes.

But then they risk making the same mistake as Man of Steel did. Compressing the characters in a short time and not fully developing or exploring them.

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@captain13 said:

But then they risk making the same mistake as Man of Steel did. Compressing the characters in a short time and not fully developing or exploring them.

Indeed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nope,they need to make at least Wonder Woman movie to introduce her to the audience and then make Jl movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@perethorn said:

Agreed.

That works for me!

Aquaman anyone?

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only films that need to be made is Wonder Woman and maybe Flash ... They are the Justice Leagues other main heroes, and it wouldn't feel right just introducing them into a JL film. WW more so.

Nobleman_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nobleman_

I think that if they started with a JL movie introducing Batman, GL, Wonder Woman and Flash, it would be unfair to them as characters (specifically Flash and Wonder Woman). Regardless of their recognition, these guys still deserve proper origin stories like Superman has just gotten - in other words, their own movie...

Nobleman_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and btw can people stop bringing up a World's Finest film? The film is a fantasy that won't happen for years or forever... Honestly, as big as Supes and Batman are, a World's Finest movie would be both a waste of money (compared to a full-on JL film) and an obvious cash-in for Warner Brothers :P

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another Superman movie and a Flash and WW movie.

NovaRichRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC doesn't need to jump or rush to anything for that matter. Quality is where it counts.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could go either way, there is no sure fire way to release super hero movies. I wouldnt mind seeing a JLA flick, so long as it is taken seriously.

Avatar image for markstephan1972
    markstephan1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Warner Brothers is thinking big, they roll out at least two films in the next three years -- Wonder Woman and the Flash. Either movie could include hints of other possible JLAers (e.g., cameo of Aquaman in the Wonder Woman movie). Then within five years there is the JLA movie. Possible script? Scaled down version of a JLA classic of some sort. I've got one idea, but would rather not spell it out here.....as I've said in another post, the script is key.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

@rustyroy said:

@perethorn said:

Agreed.

I'd be down for this. They don't need to introduce EVERY JL member like Marvel did, but they should definitely start off with more than just Superman.

Dolces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they should make movies for more heroes in the Justice League. And as long as they make a GL reboot. That would be nice. :)

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder though...How is JL gonna top MOS in level of action at least? Whoever the main villain is gonna be, I'm sure he is gonna have some sort of tie with Superman. Brainiac? Darkseid? Whoever it is, needs to be able to take down Superman. But, Superman should be able to kick his ass later on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.