Shared Film Universe Confirmed, JLA Movie On The Way

#1 Posted by FlashKnight (470 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

That's awesome! It still depends on Man of Steel's reception, though. Still, very exciting!

#3 Edited by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

Good. Now let's hope they don't chicken out and let's also hope they end up doing a good job.

#4 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: I think that if they continue in the vein of Man of Steel and The Dark Knight trilogy (good writers with fun directors) everything will start looking up for live action DC movies. Hopefully that's what happens.

#5 Posted by FlashKnight (470 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing I have to add is that I doubt The Dark Knight Trilogy will be a part of this universe, and I agree with that decision, even though Bale's Batman is my all time favorite depiction of the character.

#6 Posted by Akindoodle (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Great that DC's finally getting their sh*t together. Hopefully, general audiences won't feel inundated with Superhero films by the time the JL comes out. (Come on DC, show 'em the JL can wipe the floor with the Avengers!... yes Iron Man, I love you too)

#7 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashknight said:

One thing I have to add is that I doubt The Dark Knight Trilogy will be a part of this universe, and I agree with that decision, even though Bale's Batman is my all time favorite depiction of the character.

I agree. I want a little more fantasy in the next Batman. Loved Bale's Nolan's Batman, but that universe is too well meshed in the fabric of reality to fight monsters and aliens.

#8 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

So if/when Man of Steel fails, what then?

#9 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets hope it is great, and I think a reference to Wonder Woman would be the most appropriate in a Superman movie. Maybe show Steve crashing on Paradise Island or something.

#10 Posted by Black_Claw (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, the DC cinematic universe is becoming a reality.

#11 Posted by lilben42 (2593 posts) - - Show Bio

The tone of man of steel I think will be edgy, serious, and intense. Which is what I want for all the movies so that's good.

#12 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

DC should capitalize on the Superhero love in theaters right now and just jump into the JLA movie. Then after the first one, they should do "origin" movies for the characters. This way they get the team movie out of the way instead of doing what Marvel did (even though they had proper build).

#13 Posted by SupBatz (1814 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a big fan of the idea of a shared DC cinematic universe. I like the idea of every film series in itself being stand-alone. Even though it might be a bit more confusing for casual movie-goers. But I suppose a shared universe could go well. There's just more pressure to get all the right actors, writers, and directors.

#14 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

Warner needs some franchise hits now more than ever. Justice League needs to move forward. I can't wait to see Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Flash on the screen together on the silver screen. That said, I hope the appropriate level of care is given to these characters/projects.

Henry Cavill as Superman
Ryan Gosling as Batman
Gemma Arterton as Wonder Woman
Charlie Hunnam as Flash
Chadwick Boseman as Green Lantern
#15 Edited by FlashKnight (470 posts) - - Show Bio

They can take as much time as they need for the JLA movie, as long as they get it right (which it looks like they are on their way).

#16 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

For the Green Lantern movie, they did use Amanda Waller so maybe Amanda Waller will also show up in the Superman movie. Other possible universe characters are Steve Trevor, Dale Gunn, Snapper Carr, Maxwell Lord, Godfrey, Detective John Jones, Professor Ivo, Dr Arthur Light, etc.

#17 Posted by FlashKnight (470 posts) - - Show Bio

The most exciting thing (for me) about this is the possibility of finally seeing Flash and Martian Manhunter on the big screen, my two favorites outside of Batman :)

#18 Posted by flazam (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

finally

#19 Posted by Loki9876 (3053 posts) - - Show Bio

I like DC but they had to do this sooner.

#20 Posted by GWHH (585 posts) - - Show Bio

Gemma Arterton as Wonder Woman?

MAYBE!!

#21 Posted by Akindoodle (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

For the Green Lantern movie, they did use Amanda Waller so maybe Amanda Waller will also show up in the Superman movie. Other possible universe characters are Steve Trevor, Dale Gunn, Snapper Carr, Maxwell Lord, Godfrey, Detective John Jones, Professor Ivo, Dr Arthur Light, etc.

Waller, Trevor and Det. Jones would be wonderful little shout outs. Maybe Max Lord if they ever adapt the OMAC story where he was killed (AMEN) No Godfrey. Please God no. I hate that little sh*t. He's like J. Jonah with red hair and a more annoying voice

#22 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are dc jumping to the big film without doing a flash or Wonder Woman movie

#23 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are dc jumping to the big film without doing a flash or Wonder Woman movie

Because Warner is a afraid that those films will flop, so they want to market them via Justice League first. It doesn't seem fair, but it makes sense that is the decision they would make once you look at their track record.

#24 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

they look good -_-

#25 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9142 posts) - - Show Bio

@outlawrenegade: Never thought of her for the role, interesting choice and moreover she acts well

#26 Edited by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

If they succeed they have a big chance of overtaking marvel, hope they fail but survive :)

#27 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it makes a chnage

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.