Proof that the Justice League Movie will be based on the New 52

  • 83 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Captain13 (3332 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns, DC's CCO, is an executive producer and he apparently wrote a treatment (early draft) for the film. Is this good news or bad news.

(P.S. I know "proof" may be a strong word)

#2 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not coming out that soon, they have no movies to start it up. Christian Bale won't be in it, so Man of Steel is all they have so far and they can't start up the Justice League with just Superman. Earliest would be 2020 if they want a successful, well planned out movie.

#3 Edited by Captain13 (3332 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: Not true. They plan on spinning the other heroes out of a Justice League movie and pulling a reverse Avengers.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/70324863.html

11:45 pm - 07/11/2012

'Justice League' movie targeted for 2015 release by Warner Bros

Warner Bros and DC Entertainment is planning to release its Justice League movie within the next few years.

In a Variety article detailing the studio's forthcoming plans for its DC properties, a 2015 date is mentioned as a target to get the

comic book team - featuring Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman - together on the big screen for the first time.

Following the box office success of The Avengers earlier this year, Warner Bros announced that Gangster Squad screenwriter Will Beall had penned a script for a Justice League blockbuster.

Warner Bros film group president Jeff Robinov revealed that plans for its superhero movie slate will be announced after the release of The Dark Knight Rises.

"My hope is that over the next month or so we'll be ready to lay out the plan for the next DC movies," he told the Los Angeles Times.

Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan recently disclosed that he will not have any involvement in the Justice League movie or the proposed Batman reboot.

"It was a conversation we had," Robinov said. "Obviously anything you can get Chris involved in is great."

A Justice League feature was previously in the works with Mad Max director George Miller at the helm. The cancelled project would have starred Armie Hammer as Batman, DJ Catrona as Superman and Megan Gale as Wonder Woman.

Following the release of Dark Knight Rises on July 20, the next DC Comics adaptation to hit the big screen will be the Henry Cavill-led Superman revamp Man of Steel.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/70324863.html#ixzz21Z412zTe

#4 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

@AweSam: Not true. They plan on spinning the other heroes out of a Justice League movie and pulling a reverse Avengers.

That's what they originally planned, but then they realized the cast, plot, and timing sucked, so they scrapped it. Trust me, it's not happening. Instead of competing with Avengers by making a Justice League movie, they should do it with individual character movies, then take the box office by storm with a Justice League movie.

#5 Posted by The_Tree (7493 posts) - - Show Bio

Booooo. Johns' JL origin wasn't that good, and I don't want Cyborg as a founding member.

#6 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7549 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

Booooo. Johns' JL origin wasn't that good, and I don't want Cyborg as a founding member.

Fan hate. The worst kind of hate.

#7 Posted by Lvenger (20058 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait aren't DC putting a stop on all movies after Man of Steel until 2015? How are they going to set up a Justice League film? They need to set it up with Man of Steel, have another few solo movies such as Green Lantern (reboot), Wonder Woman and maybe the Flash. Then they also need to reboot Batman if he's going to be in the League but that could be a tricky move. Also I'd introduce a new character in the League movie like Aquaman to see how audiences react to him. I doubt Aquaman can hold his own film atm.

#8 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@The_Tree said:

Booooo. Johns' JL origin wasn't that good, and I don't want Cyborg as a founding member.

Fan hate. The worst kind of hate.

Agreed. It does not help the industry.

#9 Edited by Captain13 (3332 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@Captain13 said:

@AweSam: Not true. They plan on spinning the other heroes out of a Justice League movie and pulling a reverse Avengers.

That's what they originally planned, but then they realized the cast, plot, and timing sucked, so they scrapped it.

No they didn't.... It would be stupid not to for several reasons.

1) The movie people want to see is Justice League and solo films won't satiate that.

2) Marvel has 4 movies coming out before 2015 (one of which is Guardians of the Galaxy). The more properties that Marvel puts on the big screen before DC does, the more likely DC's stuff will feel like redo-s to the general public. People who don't know better will say that Darkseid is too similar to Thanos or the Green Lantern Corps is too similar to the Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.

@Lvenger said:

Wait aren't DC putting a stop on all movies after Man of Steel until 2015? How are they going to set up a Justice League film? They need to set it up with Man of Steel, have another few solo movies such as Green Lantern (reboot), Wonder Woman and maybe the Flash. Then they also need to reboot Batman if he's going to be in the League but that could be a tricky move. Also I'd introduce a new character in the League movie like Aquaman to see how audiences react to him. I doubt Aquaman can hold his own film atm.

They want to do a reverse Avengers so they don't seem like they're copying Marvel and so they can boost the popularity of characters who haven't had films yet like WW, AM, Flash, etc. It will also be an opportunity for them to reboot Batman and Green Lantern.

#10 Posted by The_Tree (7493 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@The_Tree said:

Booooo. Johns' JL origin wasn't that good, and I don't want Cyborg as a founding member.

Fan hate. The worst kind of hate.

Agreed. It does not help the industry.

I'm just calling it how I see it, it's not my fault that I have an opinion.

#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Man... I was seriously hoping for the JL origin they used in the Timm series.

#12 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Nolam stays with Supes anyway.

#13 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9073 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Geoff Johns wrote Green Lantern. So, this may not be great news

Online
#14 Posted by Captain13 (3332 posts) - - Show Bio

Studio ramps up effort to maximize DC's Justice League heroes via games, TV, pics

By Marc Graser

'Batman: Arkham City'

DC Entertainment relaunched the Justice League comic books as part of “The New 52” last year.

Until Warner Bros. assembles its creative team around a "Justice League" movie, the studio and DC Entertainment are focusing on getting audiences used to seeing the group's superheroes together in other ways.

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Flash

already appear in Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment's "Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes," released in June, and will reunite for the videogame division's "Injustice: Gods Among Us," out next year.

But Variety has learned that WBIE is expected to reteam some of the characters in some form for the next installment in Rocksteady Studios' gritty vidgame series that began with "Batman: Arkham Asylum" and "Arkham City."

New, highly stylized title is being developed as a prequel that revolves around Batman's first meeting with the Joker. It's based on the Silver Age of DC's comicbooks from the 1950s when the Caped Crusader teamed with other heroes like Superman and founded the Justice League of America.

Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill voiced Batman and the Joker, respectively, in the previous games. Hamill has already said he won't be back to play the villain in the next game.

Warner Bros.' games group introduced the gritty "Batman: Arkham Asylum" game in 2009, followed by last year's "Batman: Arkham City," which was heavily promoted at Comic-Con.

Sequel sold 2 million units worldwide in its first week and quickly topped 6 million within the first month, besting the 4.3 million that the first sold overall.

New game would likely bow in 2014 at the earliest. Title was not discussed during the E3 games confab in June, with WBIE focusing on unveiling "Injustice."

Opening up Batman's world would make sense given that Warner Bros. is eager to replicate the success Marvel and Disney have had with "The Avengers," which has grossed $1.5 billion this summer at the worldwide box office and minted even more coin from the sale of toys and other licensed merchandise.

As Warner Bros. polishes a "Justice League" script by "Gangster Squad" scribe Will Beall that it hopes to get up on the bigscreen in 2015, the rest of the studio's divisions are making moves to fulfill Time Warner's mandate to monetize its stable of iconic superheroes:

•The studio is prepping the family pic "Lego: The Piece of Resistance," which will star Batman and Superman as animated mini-figures.

•Warner Home Video released its animated feature-length direct-to-homevid pic "Justice League: Doom" in February.

•Cartoon Network launched a new DC Nation programming block in the spring, showcasing heroes from DC's library, with shows anchored by "Young Justice" and "Green Lantern: The Animated Series."

•The CW will premiere "Arrow," about the Green Arrow, this fall.

•Warner Bros. Consumer Products brokered a deal with Lego and Mattel to create action figures and playsets featuring all of DC's heroes, which include the Justice League's main members. Division earned $6 billion from licensing deals last year and hopes to grow that through the new toy pacts.

•DC Comics relaunched the "Justice League" books last year as part of the New 52 reboot.

•And DC Entertainment kicked off its "We Can Be Heroes" campaign in January, with singer Chris Daughtry as its ambassador, to raise awareness and funds to fight hunger in Africa. Effort involves Warner Bros. and Time Warner's other divisions and leans on the Justice League characters to educate the public on the issue. At Comic-Con, DC is hosting a "Darkness & Light: Art Inspired by Heroes & Villains, Hope & Heroism" art exhibit at the Michael J Wolf gallery, with sales benefitting the campaign.

These are just the first of a slew of projects expected to bow from WB's various divisions, sources tell Variety.

The first films to feature DC's heroes are coming together after Warner Bros. Pictures president Jeff Robinov took back control of how the characters are utilitzed in the studio's features in 2009. At the time, "Harry Potter" franchise steward Diane Nelson was put in charge of the reorganized DC Entertainment. Shortly thereafter, plans for "Man of Steel" were announced in 2010.

While Nelson is consulting on all projects involving the Justice League and its characters, the mandate for all of WB's divisions to boost their exposure comes from higher up the Time Warner executive ladder, perhaps from CEO Jeff Bewkes, sources tell Variety.

It will be another several months before Warner Bros. announces a new slate of superhero pics, Robinov has said. Until then, all roads already appear to lead to a "Justice League" team-up in some form.

"Green Lantern" scribes Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green are writing "The Flash" for director Greg Berlanti, while another "Green Lantern" scribe, Michael Goldenberg, has been hired to write "Wonder Woman."

Warners toppers say they plan to reveal their upcoming film plans for DC's characters within the next several months.

Until then, it's clear that Christopher Nolan -- who has close ties to DC's top crime fighters after his Batman trilogy and producing duties on Superman reboot "Man of Steel," out next summer under helm of Zack Snyder -- won't direct "Justice League." While promoting "The Dark Knight Rises," he told reporters he's "finished" with Batman and "this is the end of our take on this character…I've got no plans to do anything more and certainly no involvement with any Justice League project."

WBIE declined to comment on upcoming game plans, as did DC Entertainment on the "Justice League."

#15 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

@AweSam said:

@Captain13 said:

@AweSam: Not true. They plan on spinning the other heroes out of a Justice League movie and pulling a reverse Avengers.

That's what they originally planned, but then they realized the cast, plot, and timing sucked, so they scrapped it.

No they didn't.... It would be stupid not to for several reasons.

1) The movie people want to see is Justice League and solo films won't satiate that.

2) Marvel has 4 movies coming out before 2015 (one of which is Guardians of the Galaxy). The more properties that Marvel puts on the big screen before DC does, the more likely DC's stuff will feel like redo-s to the general public. People who don't know better will say that Darkseid is too similar to Thanos or the Green Lantern Corps is too similar to the Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.

Green Lantern already came out, so it can't be similar since it was released before GOTG. Nobody wants to see a JLA movie. People want Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. DC can't possibly dominate the big screen with a JLA movie, they need individual characters to gain popularity, like Marvel did.

#16 Posted by Lvenger (20058 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: So let me get this straight. They're doing one, maybe two Man of Steel films, possibly another Green Lantern film then a Justice League film with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and maybe Aquaman? It seems quite heavy to introduce three new characters in one film but oh well.

@Gambit1024: Now you're getting me all nostalgic about Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. Those were the good ol' days...

#17 Posted by Captain13 (3332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Captain13: So let me get this straight. They're doing one, maybe two Man of Steel films, possibly another Green Lantern film then a Justice League film with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and maybe Aquaman? It seems quite heavy to introduce three new characters in one film but oh well.

@Gambit1024: Now you're getting me all nostalgic about Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. Those were the good ol' days...

DC are looking to release 2 films a year. So expect something like this:

Man of Steel (2013) Zack Snyder; David Goyer & Christopher Nolan; HenryCavill

Lobo (2014) Brad Peyton; TBA

Justice League (2015) TBA;

The Batman (2016)

Wonder Woman (2016) TBA (Most Likely Nicolas Winding Refn); Michael Goldenburg

The Flash (2017) TBA; Greg Berlanti, Marc Gruggenheim & Michael Green; TBA

Source:

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/everything-were-told-about-justice-league-movie-directors-batman-superman-green-lantern-flas

#18 Posted by Lvenger (20058 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: Wait Lobo gets a movie before Wonder Woman and Flash? Really? Lobo's not exactly my first choice for a DC Comics movie? What makes Lobo able to hold a movie together better than Wonder Woman?

#19 Posted by Captain13 (3332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Captain13: Wait Lobo gets a movie before Wonder Woman and Flash? Really? Lobo's not exactly my first choice for a DC Comics movie? What makes Lobo able to hold a movie together better than Wonder Woman?

His movie has been further along the development process for years. Not my first choice for a film either.

#20 Posted by Lvenger (20058 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: Huh I didn't know that. Makes more sense now but I still don't like it. I love Lobo but he doesn't deserve a film before the other characters in the Justice League.

#21 Posted by Captain13 (3332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Captain13: Huh I didn't know that. Makes more sense now but I still don't like it. I love Lobo but he doesn't deserve a film before the other characters in the Justice League.

WB is just weird. Jonah Hex got a movie before a lot of more popular heroes too

#22 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really want a JL movie, but if I did, Johns would be the last person I'd want writing it.

#23 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

So DC plans on doing what Marvel did in reverse, by releasing their big movie and then branching the heroes out into their own film franchises. I'm still not Happy about Wonder Woman not getting her own film before Lobo or a JLA movie for that matter.

#24 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

Well Geoff Johns wrote Green Lantern. So, this may not be great news

Johns didn't actually write the film. Greg Berlanti, Michael Green, Marc Guggenheim, and Michael Goldenberg did. Johns is though one of the reasons why the film did turn out so awful because he did have quite a hand in its' production.

#25 Posted by Lvenger (20058 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: Yeah but Jonah Hex sucked. Worse than Green Lantern. The whole Hex being able to bring back the dead thing amongst other things pretty much ruined the film.

#26 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

@Twentyfive said:

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@The_Tree said:

Booooo. Johns' JL origin wasn't that good, and I don't want Cyborg as a founding member.

Fan hate. The worst kind of hate.

Agreed. It does not help the industry.

I'm just calling it how I see it, it's not my fault that I have an opinion.

You are absolutely right, and you have a right to your opinions. No one is blaming you.

I certainly am not. And I am also not blaming you for the fact that the industry finally wants to move on. It is not your fault.

#27 Posted by Pwok21 (2389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Wait aren't DC putting a stop on all movies after Man of Steel until 2015? How are they going to set up a Justice League film? They need to set it up with Man of Steel, have another few solo movies such as Green Lantern (reboot), Wonder Woman and maybe the Flash. Then they also need to reboot Batman if he's going to be in the League but that could be a tricky move. Also I'd introduce a new character in the League movie like Aquaman to see how audiences react to him. I doubt Aquaman can hold his own film atm.

Aquaman is one of the heroes I could see holding his own movie.

I could see problems with Cyborg, Green Lantern, The Flash and Wonder Woman.

#28 Posted by Lvenger (20058 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21: Funny I can only see Aquman and Cyborg having problems with their own films. Green Lantern should have had a good film and Flash and Wonder Woman have potential for good films.

#29 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it is good, but I'm having a hard time thinking of any DC live-action films I actually like outside of Batman, Superman and a few DC imprint films.

#30 Posted by Pwok21 (2389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger:

True that they have potential but I can see what I will call 'The Green Lantern Effect' happening to Wonder Woman and Flash.

They SHOULD have good movies but because of the translation they end up having trouble. Also Hollywood trying to make them mainstream.

Aquaman is low profile enough to not be tampered with too much, I think. Considering the Pilot for his TV show was well received as well...

#31 Posted by cameron83 (7352 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think flash might be that good,especially because of the costume,unless they can make it work...and they'll say all he can do is run fast,he needs to do good,damn good...and aquaman,if the trailer looks good and they make him cool,etc.....and not make him have bright orange,bright green...people might lose the negative image...and how the hell does lobo (and no rock,your not screwing up lobo,oh yeah,and their making lobo a REALLY tame family friendly comedy movie i hear) and jonah hex (who's movie sucked and i don't really like him and knew he wouldn't do good in a movie) gets a movie before wonder woman OR THE JUSTICE LEAGUE,dc is terrible with plans

#32 Posted by DEGRAAF (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

after watching Green lantern again recently it actually wasnt that bad. I think their biggest faults in the movie were making Paralax look like a similar version of the guardians instead of how it look in the comic and they should have kept Hector Hammond away and just done the Sinestro corps thing. He should have got his ring later in the moviie or shown Sinestro more as the lead hero of the GLC then maniacal on his home planet (while Hal is there watching him in training)

#33 Edited by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

With WB starting a major effort to get the world re-acclimated with the League, the movie line up will be more apparent.

The New 52 Justice League will probably be the movie line up. There is a reason why the first Justice League arc was structured the way it was. It was essentially a movie template.

And Cyborg will be apart of the team if the movie is new 52 inspired. He's already starting to get some push (Injustice game). It's all about brand synergy folks.

#34 Posted by hyperman (391 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard about a possible Wonder Woman cameo or reference in the forthcoming "Man of Steel", does anyone know something about that?

#35 Posted by Captain13 (3332 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperman said:

I heard about a possible Wonder Woman cameo or reference in the forthcoming "Man of Steel", does anyone know something about that?

No one is even casted as Wonder Woman, so I doubt it

#37 Edited by SHAZAM117 (3033 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman has a lot of potential. Especially with todays effects, it could be pretty epic if filmed in 3D. If MARVEL Studios can bring Asgard to life, I'd love to see Atlantis done the same justice(though MARVEL Studios is likely to beat them to it with a Namor film seeing as how slow WB/DC works)...All WB/DC characters can florish and succeed as long as they put some effort into it with the right people involved. I wouldn't recommed doing a "reverse MARVEL" with Justice League 1st and then seperate movies afterward, doesn't really make sense (at least to me). I don't see what the big rush is to get the League on the big-screen is. WB/DC needs to at least establish their big three/Holy Trinity on screen before they even think about something on the scope of the Justice League...We haven't even had a Wonder Woman film yet...I say slow down WB/DC and at LEAST get a Wonder Woman movie and Flash film out 1st, they have plenty of time here, I don't care how long it takes as long as it's done right.

Online
#38 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

JL movie? Sweet.

N52 roster? Good I guess, I prefer MM over Cyborg though, and I like Stewart a teeny bit more than Jordan.

GL2? Bah... although it's a bit soon, I'd prefer a reboot. Btw, I thought MOS wasn't in a JL universe.

Geoff Johns? Bah... he's a good writer for solo books... but he's just not good at team books IMO, or at least the JL. It's just been so... lacking this far... too much action not enough story. Not to mention the fact that about half of comic book fans blame him for GL.

#39 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

I think doing the JL film first would be better for the characters in the long run as characters like Wonder Woman and Flash have been hard to do as a TV series let alone a film. The only films that would benifit a lead in is Man of Steel or The Batman as they are the only 2 characters that have worked on the big screen so far so if you had them 2 and then a teaser for JL at the end of one would be a good follow in as I think Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman films would fail on there own like Green Lantern (although I'd be happy to be wrong as I love the characters just would rather see nothing than rubbish. Well thats my opinion

#40 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@Captain13 said:

@AweSam: Not true. They plan on spinning the other heroes out of a Justice League movie and pulling a reverse Avengers.

That's what they originally planned, but then they realized the cast, plot, and timing sucked, so they scrapped it. Trust me, it's not happening. Instead of competing with Avengers by making a Justice League movie, they should do it with individual character movies, then take the box office by storm with a Justice League movie.

Isnt that copying marvel's way of doing things?

I rather they go completely opposite. Set the movie in realistic world and continuity from MOS. Get Snyder to direct the Justice League movie then Malick to continue MOS 2.

Start Justice League right away and spin off into individual movies.

Don't use bright colours and all from Avengers/Iron Man/Green Lantern, use more muted colours seen in MOS and TDK.

Make them "gods among men" where the film inspires instead of awes. Have inspiring speech like in MOS, TDK, previous spiderman films and not show how cool their characters are.

That is how you differentiate yourself from marvel.

Also don't just get pretty faces, go the MOS and DKR route. Hire all the actors and actresses that won or are nominated with oscars or really good actors.

#41 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@AweSam said:

@Captain13 said:

@AweSam: Not true. They plan on spinning the other heroes out of a Justice League movie and pulling a reverse Avengers.

That's what they originally planned, but then they realized the cast, plot, and timing sucked, so they scrapped it. Trust me, it's not happening. Instead of competing with Avengers by making a Justice League movie, they should do it with individual character movies, then take the box office by storm with a Justice League movie.

Isnt that copying marvel's way of doing things?

I rather they go completely opposite. Set the movie in realistic world and continuity from MOS. Get Snyder to direct the Justice League movie then Malick to continue MOS 2.

Start Justice League right away and spin off into individual movies.

Don't use bright colours and all from Avengers/Iron Man/Green Lantern, use more muted colours seen in MOS and TDK.

Make them "gods among men" where the film inspires instead of awes. Have inspiring speech like in MOS, TDK, previous spiderman films and not show how cool their characters are.

That is how you differentiate yourself from marvel.

Also don't just get pretty faces, go the MOS and DKR route. Hire all the actors and actresses that won or are nominated with oscars or really good actors.

DC wouldn't be copying anything. Marvel recruited each member after every movie. Releasing a film of superhero isn't a form of copying. In that case, Marvel copied DC by releasing a superhero movie after Superman. The Justice League united against a something that threatened them. The Avengers is a team that was formed to face a crisis, before that crisis occurred. If DC can go with a darker atmosphere, then they'll have a different tone or feel to the movies that's different than Marvel.

#42 Posted by Captain13 (3332 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@sethysquare said:

@AweSam said:

@Captain13 said:

@AweSam: Not true. They plan on spinning the other heroes out of a Justice League movie and pulling a reverse Avengers.

That's what they originally planned, but then they realized the cast, plot, and timing sucked, so they scrapped it. Trust me, it's not happening. Instead of competing with Avengers by making a Justice League movie, they should do it with individual character movies, then take the box office by storm with a Justice League movie.

Isnt that copying marvel's way of doing things?

I rather they go completely opposite. Set the movie in realistic world and continuity from MOS. Get Snyder to direct the Justice League movie then Malick to continue MOS 2.

Start Justice League right away and spin off into individual movies.

Don't use bright colours and all from Avengers/Iron Man/Green Lantern, use more muted colours seen in MOS and TDK.

Make them "gods among men" where the film inspires instead of awes. Have inspiring speech like in MOS, TDK, previous spiderman films and not show how cool their characters are.

That is how you differentiate yourself from marvel.

Also don't just get pretty faces, go the MOS and DKR route. Hire all the actors and actresses that won or are nominated with oscars or really good actors.

DC wouldn't be copying anything. Marvel recruited each member after every movie. Releasing a film of superhero isn't a form of copying. In that case, Marvel copied DC by releasing a superhero movie after Superman. The Justice League united against a something that threatened them. The Avengers is a team that was formed to face a crisis, before that crisis occurred. If DC can go with a darker atmosphere, then they'll have a different tone or feel to the movies that's different than Marvel.

Alright fair enough. But I'll prefer the reverse way of doing things.

#44 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

DC wouldn't be copying anything. Marvel recruited each member after every movie. Releasing a film of superhero isn't a form of copying. In that case, Marvel copied DC by releasing a superhero movie after Superman. The Justice League united against a something that threatened them. The Avengers is a team that was formed to face a crisis, before that crisis occurred. If DC can go with a darker atmosphere, then they'll have a different tone or feel to the movies that's different than Marvel.

Making movies to build up to a single movie? That is pretty much Marvel's thing right about now. No one else has done that before, and if DC takes the route, especially with the Avengers so fresh, it will be nothing more than copying.

I kinda like Sethysquare's idea, but I have doubts it can be pulled off effectively.

#45 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Man... I was seriously hoping for the JL origin they used in the Timm series.

What, the "Superman is somehow powerless against alien invasion that somehow wiped out Martin Manhunter's people" origin?

#46 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@AweSam said:

DC wouldn't be copying anything. Marvel recruited each member after every movie. Releasing a film of superhero isn't a form of copying. In that case, Marvel copied DC by releasing a superhero movie after Superman. The Justice League united against a something that threatened them. The Avengers is a team that was formed to face a crisis, before that crisis occurred. If DC can go with a darker atmosphere, then they'll have a different tone or feel to the movies that's different than Marvel.

Making movies to build up to a single movie? That is pretty much Marvel's thing right about now. No one else has done that before, and if DC takes the route, especially with the Avengers so fresh, it will be nothing more than copying.

I kinda like Sethysquare's idea, but I have doubts it can be pulled off effectively.

Me too. I have doubts how it can be pulled off effectively. However I have faith in the script. It was reported Will Beall, the scripter for Gangsta Squad is going to be writing the script. I really like the idea of that.

#47 Posted by _Zombie_ (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Man... I was seriously hoping for the JL origin they used in the Timm series.

What, the "Superman is somehow powerless against alien invasion that somehow wiped out Martin Manhunter's people" origin?

Is Martin Manhunter like.. a guy named Martin that hunts men? Or is he Martian Manhunter's estranged black cousin?

Online
#48 Posted by Lvenger (20058 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Man... I was seriously hoping for the JL origin they used in the Timm series.

What, the "Superman is somehow powerless against alien invasion that somehow wiped out Martin Manhunter's people" origin?

Is Martin Manhunter like.. a guy named Martin that hunts men? Or is he Martian Manhunter's estranged black cousin?

LMAO. I can just see a cop show with these two in now.

#49 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@AweSam said:

DC wouldn't be copying anything. Marvel recruited each member after every movie. Releasing a film of superhero isn't a form of copying. In that case, Marvel copied DC by releasing a superhero movie after Superman. The Justice League united against a something that threatened them. The Avengers is a team that was formed to face a crisis, before that crisis occurred. If DC can go with a darker atmosphere, then they'll have a different tone or feel to the movies that's different than Marvel.

Making movies to build up to a single movie? That is pretty much Marvel's thing right about now. No one else has done that before, and if DC takes the route, especially with the Avengers so fresh, it will be nothing more than copying.

I kinda like Sethysquare's idea, but I have doubts it can be pulled off effectively.

And if the JLA movie's not successful? Then they have a bunch of unwanted spin-offs on their hands.

#50 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@The_Tree said:

Booooo. Johns' JL origin wasn't that good, and I don't want Cyborg as a founding member.

Fan hate. The worst best kind of hate.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.