Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Pick A New Creative Team For The Justice League

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

We all know the current Justice League isn't the best book coming out of DC's New 52 at the moment, with most peoples opinions being that the book is "Meh" at best, I think Geoff Jones should remain as the writer on Green Lantern and Aquaman but should be taken off the JL and given a Shazam book instead. Now who should  replace him? I think it would be amazing if DC somehow got Robert Kirkman writing Justice League, but who do you guys want to see take over DC's core book?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Yeah, give Johns a Cyborg or Shazam book. I'd like Mark Waid on it.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: Argh not on Cyborg, if I get to pick anyone for Cyborg it would be Hickman 
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Captain13

I want a Cyborg book too. Johns should write the first few issues since he is the person who changed Cyborg. Plus Johns is good at flushing out side characters and villains. Right now Cyborg needs his side characters and villains to be flushed out. After that Hickman or Waid wouldn't be bad choices to take over.

Anyhoo, I'd like Gail Simone and Ivan Reis on Justice League.

Gail Simone can write a great team book (Secret Six and Birds of Prey) and Ivan Reis is the best artist at DC.

No Caption Provided
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Captain13: I'd prefer Gary Frank on art
    kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

I really like the art work, so Jim Lee can stay. But nonetheless, I am obsessed with Grant Morrison's run on JLA. I would have liked to see his New 52 interpretation of the JLA forming for the first time.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Captain13

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Captain13: I'd prefer Gary Frank on art

This guy? Really?

Keep him on Shazam or Batman. Not Justice League.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#8  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Just to clarify my vote was for either Grant Morrison and Jim Lee or Mark Waid and Ivan Reis

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By the_tree

Realistically, I think it'd be cool to see Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti writing, with Nicola Scott on art.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Captain13: I cant see that pic?
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Captain13

Just google Gary Frank Justice League variant. His Aquaman, Batman, Cyborg, and Superman look terrible. And his colors are too dark for a Justice League book. He makes Green Lantern and Wonder Woman look like zombies.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Captain13 said:

Just google Gary Frank Justice League variant. His Aquaman, Batman, Cyborg, and Superman look terrible. And his colors are too dark for a Justice League book. He makes Green Lantern and Wonder Woman look like zombies.

What you talking about? That variant is awesome, especially his Wonder Woman, she's actually normally proportioned for a change 
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Captain13

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Captain13 said:

What you talking about? That variant is awesome, especially his Wonder Woman, she's actually normally proportioned for a change

Agree to disagree. And Reis has a proportional WW too.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Captain13 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Captain13 said:

What you talking about? That variant is awesome, especially his Wonder Woman, she's actually normally proportioned for a change

Agree to disagree. And Reis has a proportional WW too.

looking at the curve of her back in that scan you posted I wouldn't agree
    Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Funrush

In order:

Story:

• Scott Snyder
    • Joe Kelly
    • Robert Kirkman
    • Marv Wolfman
    • Jonathan Hickman
    • Kyle Higgins
    • Dan Slott
    • Mark Waid
    • Grant Morrison
    • Peter Tomasi

Art:

• Ivan Reis
    • Greg Capullo
    • Brian Buccelato/Francis Manapul (Whichever does the art for Flash, I can't remember.)
    • Eddy Barrows
    • Jesus Merino
    • Nicola Scott
    • Gary Frank
    • Kenneth Rocafort
    • Cliff Chiang
    • Tony Daniel
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By TDK_1997

I want Jim Lee to stay artist on this book but the writer should be Grant Morrison or Mark Waid.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sethysquare

I would get so pissed if either Geoff or Jim leaves the book.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By OutlawRenegade
    SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SandMan_

Grant Morrison and Jim Lee.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Lvenger

I don't mind the current creative team but if I had to choose a replacement writer, I'd make it Joe Kelly or Mark Waid. As for new artists now Jim Lee's leaving the book, I'd like Ivan Reis on the book.

Avatar image for spiderman20991992
    spiderman20991992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

i actually like Geoff Johns on the book. i would miss Jim Lee, but Ivan Reis is fantastic as well.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

Mark Waid and Ivan Reis.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#24  Edited By knighthood
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sethysquare

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@TDK_1997: @sethysquare said:

Jim Lee is leaving the book with issue 12. Sorry. He wants to revive WildCats...

Sources: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/05/jim-lee-to-leave-justice-league-position-available/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/14/jim-lee-to-relaunch-wildcats-and-other-fourth-wave-rumours/

That would be awesome

Its a rumour and chances are he would not leave Justice League for Wildcat.

Everyone knows Justice League is DC's top priority right now. WB is pushing Justice League every way they can.

Be it tying it into Batman franchise (lego batman 2) or creating a new fighting game franchise (injustice) or having them and their villains in a teen titans show (Young Justice). Its pretty obvious that WB would want to put their top talents on Justice League. Even if Jim Lee is leaving the book, it would not be for Wildcats. It kinda isn't up to him really. Guest artist for the first issue, possibly. But Wildcat is DC's lowest priority right now.

Don't get me wrong, I love wildstorm titles, Grifter, Stormwatch and I really like their characters. But this rumour would be far from the truth. Even if Jim Lee decides to leave the book, its due to heavy workload and he would likely be assigned to Superman or Green Lantern or a character that is up on WB's list.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sethysquare

@spiderman20991992 said:

i actually like Geoff Johns on the book. i would miss Jim Lee, but Ivan Reis is fantastic as well.

Ivan Reis is fantastic, but I would never want him to leave Aquaman.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @sethysquare: Wildstorm is still a high priority as well, Grifter, Voodoo, Stormwatch, Team 7 and all the Wildstorm characters appearing in  Ravagers show this also I'm pretty sure that Lee's position as Co-publisher and creative director would give him to bring back Wild'C.A.T's if he wished  
    OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@sethysquare said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

Jim Lee is leaving the book with issue 12. Sorry. He wants to revive WildCats...

Sources: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/05/jim-lee-to-leave-justice-league-position-available/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/14/jim-lee-to-relaunch-wildcats-and-other-fourth-wave-rumours/

That would be awesome

Everyone knows Justice League is DC's top priority right now. WB is pushing Justice League every way they can.

Be it tying it into Batman franchise (lego batman 2) or creating a new fighting game franchise (injustice) or having them and their villains in a teen titans show (Young Justice). Its pretty obvious that WB would want to put their top talents on Justice League. Even if Jim Lee is leaving the book, it would not be for Wildcats. It kinda isn't up to him really. Guest artist for the first issue, possibly. But Wildcat is DC's lowest priority right now.

Don't get me wrong, I love wildstorm titles, Grifter, Stormwatch and I really like their characters. But this rumour would be far from the truth. Even if Jim Lee decides to leave the book, its due to heavy workload and he would likely be assigned to Superman or Green Lantern or a character that is up on WB's list.

1. BleedingCool's rumors are almost always right.

2. Jim Lee created WildCats, so it makes sense that he would want to go back to it. No one can force him to stay on Justice League. And building up the WildCat franchise would be a good idea to give the Justice League some competition a la AvX.

3. Just wait and see.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Funrush

@OutlawRenegade said:

@sethysquare said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

That would be awesome

2. Jim Lee created WildCats, so it makes sense that he would want to go back to it. No one can force him to stay on Justice League. And building up the WildCat franchise would be a good idea to give the Justice League some competition a la AvX.

3. Just wait and see.

Tony Daniel is on art for a Cheetah arc on #13-14.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/07/06/tony-s-daniel-joins-justice-league-as-guest-artist-for-2-issue-arc

So... yeah...

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sethysquare

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@sethysquare: Wildstorm is still a high priority as well, Grifter, Voodoo, Stormwatch, Team 7 and all the Wildstorm characters appearing in Ravagers show this also I'm pretty sure that Lee's position as Co-publisher and creative director would give him to bring back Wild'C.A.T's if he wished

I believe your definition of high priority is different from mine. I meant high prioirty with regards to any character that WB is planning to build a franchise with.

Currently there are plans for Justice League, batman, superman, wonder woman, flash, green lantern, aquaman, lobo, metal men, suicide squad and green arrow.

Team 7 was a smart way of using a wildstorm concept and title but replace 70% of the members with DC characters.

@OutlawRenegade said:

@sethysquare said:

3. Just wait and see.

1. They're only say 60/40 right.

2. There are no plans for a DC vs wildstorm and its not what they're planning to do. Like I said, its at utmost importance to WB to present characters with a possible franchise and push them in whatever way possible. (Injustice, DC nation, batman lego 2, Trinity War) They can still push wildcats but its unlike at the sake of Justice League which is DC's top priority. Why would they remove their top artist on their book whom they are planning to make a movie out of to a book that is not important at all to WB atm. Its not true that no one can force him to stay on Justice League. Everyone is assigned to their books. Sure Jim and Geoff has the biggest say, but its unlikely Jim would leave the book considering he would be also working closely with the producers and all for the Justice League movie and franchise. Jim and Geoff became more like businessmen where they would have to consider the overall growth of DC more than what they want to do.

Geoff came unto Aquaman because Ivan Reis wanted to draw Aquaman and its crucial to DC to be building their league members, so he went unto it as well. Jim and Geoff on Justice League has been planned months before any other books because they wanted to relaunch Justice League as the book front and center of DC. Traditionally all the solo books are the important books where the stories are more important than Justice League. Now every book would be in 2nd position where Justice League would be the most important book to tell the stories. If JL says something, none of the other books can go against that. Do you really think DC would allow Jim to leave the book for Wildcats?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sethysquare

@Funrush said:

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/07/06/tony-s-daniel-joins-justice-league-as-guest-artist-for-2-issue-arc

So... yeah...

Jim Lee has said he can't do monthly books anymore. He can only make do with 4 issues for half a year. So thats what they plan to do so he can keep up with the schedule.

There were also 2 guest artist on issue 7 and 8. He would likely return on issue 15 for another 4 issues then break again.

Avatar image for spiderman20991992
    spiderman20991992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@sethysquare: of course, i wouldn't want him to do justice league at the expense of aquaman, that book has one of the best creative teams in comics right now.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sethysquare

@spiderman20991992: indeed

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @sethysquare: Grifter, Deathblow and Alex Fairchild are all on Team 7 so I'd hardly say 70% also I hardly think changing one artist on JL will "affect the growth"
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sethysquare

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@sethysquare: Grifter, Deathblow and Alex Fairchild are all on Team 7 so I'd hardly say 70% also I hardly think changing one artist on JL will "affect the growth"

its john lynch not deathblow. And its 57% of the team being dc members and formed to solve the superman problem. Yes changing one artist wouldn't affect the growth. Buts its literally like pulling out Cliff Chiang to draw Blue devil. It just doesn't make sense as a business standpoint. Also Green Arrow is hinted to join Team 7 which makes it even more DC members

Jim Lee would probably only draw the first issues' cover to Wildcats

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lvenger

@spiderman20991992 said:

Pretty much my view on Justice League at the moment.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Funrush

@sethysquare said:

@Funrush said:

So... yeah...

Jim Lee has said he can't do monthly books anymore. He can only make do with 4 issues for half a year. So thats what they plan to do so he can keep up with the schedule.

There were also 2 guest artist on issue 7 and 8. He would likely return on issue 15 for another 4 issues then break again.

Damn it. Does that mean we're just gonna keep getting four-issue arcs? No big thing? :( It seems obvious DC doesn't want to be artist inconsistent.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sethysquare

@Funrush said:

@sethysquare said:

@Funrush said:

So... yeah...

Damn it. Does that mean we're just gonna keep getting four-issue arcs? No big thing? :( It seems obvious DC doesn't want to be artist inconsistent.

Actually there was always an overarching plot. David Graves was introduced in the first arc. Then the 2 individual issues would set up stuff for later. I assume the same going on. And yes, Jim Lee can't keep a schedule, but considering how dynamic he draws the characters, its no wonder he can't keep a schedule. Also DC is more interested in keeping datelines than being inconsistent, which is why there are so many guest artist. I prefer it that way. Besides thats the same thing with marvel, they have all the double shipping that ends up having alternate artist, its worst that way when reading in trade. At least with DC theres some kinda flow. 4 issue then break for 2 issue.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lvenger

@Funrush: @sethysquare: So does that mean Jim Lee is doing Wildcats and Justice League still? Or is he not doing another story arc on Justice League?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sethysquare

@Lvenger: He is still the regular artist on Justice League unless stated otherwise.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lvenger

@sethysquare: That's a relief. Thanks for that.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Funrush

@OutlawRenegade said:

If that's true, as it is only a rumor, it would make sense, as it is not possible for Jim Lee to stay on a book for more than a year. XD

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.