Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3313 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Off My Mind: What Was the Best Justice League of America Roster?

• 173 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

With the relaunch of the DC Universe in "The New 52," it's fitting that it all kicks off with the Justice League. If you have a bunch of heroes and the supervillain threats are getting out of hand, the world's greatest heroes would logically band together.

They made their original appearance in Brave and the Bold #28 in 1960. Green Lantern, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Martian Manhunter worked together to fight Starro's plan to conquer Earth. This wasn't actually their first meeting. We later found out in Justice League of America #9 how exactly they first got together. A group of aliens from the planet Appellax began attacking and the heroes (along with Superman and Batman) joined forces to defeat them.

No Caption Provided

They became known (to readers) as the Justice League of America's "Big Seven." This was DC's biggest heroes together. Green Arrow joined shortly after and over the years, there have been numerous members and different incarnations of the team. With the release of Justice League #1, we have a chance for a new original team. While the cover appears to show us the team, obviously things can change. The question is, what would be the best roster for the Justice League?

== TEASER ==
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Again, you cannot deny that the Big Seven is the premiere team. Adding Green Arrow served to give the team another street level hero (and of course to cause friction in the team). Former mascot, Snapper Carr betrayed the team during the time when the team was joined by Black Canary and Atom while Wonder Woman and Aquaman took some time off. Eventually others like Elongated Man, Zatanna and Firestorm joined.

The mixture we had here brought in some interesting changes. Each new member had something to add to the team, whether it was super-human abilities or a different way of approaching the team. Batman wasn't always around as part of the team, having his own responsibilities. Elongated Man is a detective in his own right, just not on the same level as Batman. Zatanna gave the team access to magic and a way be prepared for any mystical opponents.

No Caption Provided

The team went through...big changes in the 80s, mainly when they relocated to Detroit. Vibe along with Vixen, Gypsy and Steel tried to carry on the team with Zatanna and Aquaman. This would be an example of what didn't work in a Justice League roster. Aquaman was the only Big Gun they had. This team was even responsible for the cancellation of the long running series. The team's roster needs the big heroes.

No Caption Provided

In the mid-eighties we saw a return to a more traditional Justice League. And then later the Justice League International and Justice League Europe. Batman had returned. Along with new member, Captain Marvel as well as Martian Manhunter, things were looking up for the team.

Of course having a Green Lantern, even if it was Guy Gardner, also helped to increase the status of the team. With Black Canary back and Dr. Light, Mr. Miracle, Blue Beetle and Doctor Fate, the team was back to a powerful roster.

Unfortunately this team's origin also involved Maxwell Lord, who would lead to some dark times in the DC Universe years later.

Batman didn't stick around long but the team did add Booster Gold, Captain Atom and Fire and Ice. The roster had potential but whether it was the book's humorous tone, it didn't quite feel as if it quite made it to being considered a truly powerful roster. When you have Guy being Guy and Booster and Beetle joking around, it was hard to take them seriously (even if the series was entertaining.

No Caption Provided

Later we saw the Justice League Task Force and the Extreme Justice Team but what did it really come down to? Grant Morrison and Howard Porter brought the return of the Big Seven...sort of.

No Caption Provided

Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter along with the current Flash (Wally West) and Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner). Other characters were added such as Plastic Man, Huntress, Oracle and Steel.

In other words, the Big Seven are the heart and soul of the team. They're the glue that keeps it together. They're the ones that can carry the team. Adding in the others and just having the majority of the originals makes for a strong roster.

There are others in the team's history worth mentioning. 2006's team consisted of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, Black Canary, Roy Harper, Vixen, Black Lightning, Hawkgirl and Red Tornado. The Cry For Justice team of Hal Jordan, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Captain Marvel Jr., Congorilla, Starman wanted to be a more proactive team. But we know that didn't end well when faced against Prometheus. The last team was also brilliant with former side-kicks and b-list heroes graduating to the Justice League. The team included Dick Grayson as Batman, Donna Troy, Supergirl, Jesse Quick-Chambers, Jade, Starman and Congorilla.

And now we're going to see the team for the first time once again.

No Caption Provided

From the looks of things, we can't be completely sure who will be on the final roster. The promotional image above shows other characters on the side besides the strange new addition of Cyborg. The cover to issue #1 also shows the main seven characters. We do have the original team except Martian Manhunter has been replaced (and will be seen in the pages of Stormwatch). If anything, at least we're off to a strong start. We'll have to see how this new team interacts with each other and if they even get along.

Who I would like to see on the team?

• Batman
    • Hal Jordan
    • Barry Allen
    • Wonder Woman
    • Captain Marvel
    • Zatanna
    • Plastic Man

Batman of course to lead and strategize. Hal Jordan for cosmic problems. Barry, even though I love Wally, for his speed, experience and maturity. Wonder Woman for her nobility, strength and leadership. Captain Marvel for his strength and some magic. Zatanna for even more magical abilities and past experience. And Plastic Man because if you're read his Justice League appearances, you know some of the things he's capable of. I'd like to get Black Canary in there but we're going to limit it to seven.

What does the rest of Comic Vine think?

I asked my fellow writers who would be on their dream team of the Justice League.

Sara Lima

• Wonder Woman
    • Wally West
    • Superman
    • Batman
    • Vixen
    • Hawkman
    • Hawkgirl
    • John Stewart

(It's only supposed to be SEVEN, Sara!)

OR her 'all girl dream team'

Mat Elfring

Explanation: As much as I love the original line-up, I'd like to see more of the successors of each original character come together and work as a team. Mainly Nightwing, John Steward, and Donna Troy. As for Dr Light and Mr Terrific, I just really like those characters.

Matt Demers

• Batman (Grayson) - Leader, tactician, hand-to-hand, youth-to-adult transition
    • Captain Marvel (Batson) - Big gun, magic, speed, knowledge,
    • Green Arrow - Liberal, marksman, voice of reason
    • Black Canary - Hand to hand, tactician, martial arts
    • Blue Beetle (Reyes) - Tech, "the youth", reader analogue
    • Flash (West) - Speed, scouting, second-in-command
    • Green Lantern (Gardner) - Wildcard, mouthy, big gun

Corey Schroeder

• Superman
    • Wonder Woman
    • Steel (daughter, not the original and as more of a Tony Stark Inventor-type than a Superman analog)
    • Kyle Rayner
    • Deathstroke (having a sort of redemptive arc. And as a stand-in for Batman since I never really felt like he fit on the team)
    • Big Barda (shamelessly stolen from Sara, but also because I needed someone cosmic)
    • Frankenstein's Monster

What do you think would be the best roster?

No Caption Provided
    dragorith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dragorith

Batman, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl/woman

The DCAU got it perfectly right.

CanucksXVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CanucksXVX

Superman 
    Batman 
    Wonder Woman 
    Flash- barry allen 
    Green Lantern- hal jordan 
    Hawkman 
    Firestorm 
    Martian Manhunter
    noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By noj

You cant beat the original seven

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By JonesDeini
    @dragorith said:
    Batman, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl/woman  The DCAU got it perfectly right.
    Yup, yup
    kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5  Edited By kennybaese

Batman (Wayne)

Superman

Wonder Woman

Martian Manhunter

Flash (West or Allen)

Green Lantern (Jordan or Raynor)

What can I say? I love the Morrison JLA run a bunch.

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ips
    @dragorith: amen. DCAU roster is perfect.
    humanfly26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By humanfly26

I think Grant morrison's line-up of 12-14 members was my favorite (around the time Zauriel and Plas joined the team)

As for the latest roster, I completely agree that Mr. Terrific should be on the team. I like the classic JLA characters, but here's a random team with none of the "big 7" on it:

Mr. Terrific - leadership, tactics
    Power Girl - brute strength
    Firestorm - raw power
    Zatanna - magic
    Captain Comet - telepath, space
    Hardware - tech
    Plastic Man - comic relief, stretchiness

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself

I liked the idea of the JLU....everyone is a member of the Justice League and called on when their powers are needed

slick23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By slick23

Superman 
    Batman 
    Wonderwoman 
    Flash 
    Zatanna 
    Hal Jordan
    Firestorm

Bat_Mite51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bat_Mite51
    @walkingcarpet: This.
    pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#11  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

I always preferred the JLE/JLI to any of the JLA's.

elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By elayem98

Batman 
    Superman 
    Wonder Woman 
    Flash(Wally) 
    GL(Hal) 
    Aquaman 
    Green Arrow 
    Martian Manhunter 

Its unoriginal and its 8 not 7 but its what i want

EdgerJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EdgerJoker

All Black JLA  
    Cyborg  
    Black Lightning 
    Mr Terrific  
    Steel 
    Green lantern (John Stewart) 
    Vixen 
    Firestorm (Jason Rusch) 
    *****Back-Up members******
    *Aqualad (Jackson Hyde)
    *Static Shock

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Darkmount1
    @dragorith
    Love that lineup, I like the DCAU even better than the regular DCU. 

On my latest Comicvine blog entry, I envisioned something akin to Marvel's Heroes Reborn, where while the big guns were on that pocket Earth, the rest of the superhuman community pitched in to fill in the void. I did something similar and made up a separate event where the heroes who were going to be benched use a large tuning fork, similar to the ones in COIE, to split the Earth into two separate ones: one where Flashpoint didn't happen and it's like how we knew it till now, and one where DCnU occurs. On the unchanged Earth, the League reforms with a new approach in the form of a rotating roster for each 'shift'. The first five teams I came up with were the following: 
    *The Justice League reforms with a new approach, taking the new name of the Justice League Unlimited and having a global presence (a la the TV show). Bases are the Watchtower, the Hall of Justice, and the retro-fitted cave in Happy Harbor, Rhode Island (each location bearing statues of the former League members currently in the DCnU, with the founding seven in the cave). Squads are divided into the following groupings: 
     -Team A is Power Girl (doubling in the JSA as well), Donna Troy, Azrael, Jade, Jesse Quick, Congorilla, Mikaal Tomas, and Connor Hawke as Green Arrow. 
     -Team B is Steel (John Henry Irons), Artemis (the Amazon), Batgirl (Stephanie Brown), Plastic Man, Gypsy, Red Tornado, Wally West as the Flash, and Doctor Light (Kimiyo Hoshi). 
     -Team C is the Guardian, the Question (Renee Montoya), Grace Choi, Sebastian Faust, Jemm, Metamorpho, Onyx, and Maya. 
     -Team D is Gangbuster, the Creeper, Faith, Firehawk, Bulleteer, Adam Strange, Halo, and Freight Train.
     -Team E is Captain Comet, Manhunter (Kate Spencer), Richard Dragon, Blue Devil, Red Torpedo, Nemesis (Tom Tresser), an upgraded and now AI-fitted GI Robot, Acrata, and Icon.
    Other teams to be determined, but a few fan-favorites, among others, are on different League teams.

See this for more info: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/darkmount1/whatever-happened-to-the-heroes-benched-because-of-dcnu/87-72766/
    SleepyDrug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SleepyDrug

Why seven?  The JLA had 12 at one point.   

But if I need to stay with seven then.... 

Martian Manhunter -- leadership, raw power, detective skills, psychic  
    Power Girl - raw power
    Green Lantern (Kyle) - raw power, willpower, galactic lore 
    Flash (Wally) -- speed, recon  
    Zatanna - magic
    Metamorpho - raw power, adaptability
    Batman (Bruce) - martial arts, stealth, tech support, research 

J'onn is the heart and soul of the JLA.  He is also powerful, and very underrated.  Power Girl has tons of raw power, and really needs a place she fits in.  Kyle is the ultimate GL.  I know Hal has a large fan base....but Kyle exceeded Hal (in my opinion) when he resisted Parallax.  Wally is a hero....it is really all he does, and the team needs a Flash on it.  Zatanna is the best mystic available given that Fate never seemed JLA material.  I'd love to explore her friendship with Bruce and J'onn.  Metamorpho brings raw power and tons of odd skills as a treasure hunter.  He also has a lot of versatility.  Batman is the tech supplier and team ninja; although i'd probably cast Blue Beetle in this role if Ted was still alive. 

I'd love another 5 to 7 as reservists, members, or regular guest stars.  I thought the 12 person JLA roster made the team feel epic.  These would be Elongated Man, Firestorm, Black Canary, Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Atom, and Vixen.
    DDevil2887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DDevil2887

Batman (Grayson) for his tech, tactical ability and compassion. 
    Captain Marvel- big guns 
    Dr. Fate- strongest magical source in the DC universe 
    Green Lantern- Kyle Raynor because he is powerful and not a  mavericks like Hal Jordan for team cohesiveness. 
    Green Arrow- keeping the team grounded 
    Martian Manhunter- for his  alienness. 
    Flash- Barry allen- always need a speedster on the team.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17  Edited By lorex

Superman
    Batman 
    Wonder Woman
    Wally West the "True Flash" (Death to Barry Allen)
    Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    Martian Manhunter
    Zatanna

Never really cared for Aquaman, plus Zatanna adds that magical aspect which always seems to bite a conventional team in the ass.

SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By SuperXAsh

so hard to pick. With a good writer, even the seemingly silliest of line-ups can be handled superbly.

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the_fallen11

batman . superman. wonder woman. green lantern (hal). flash (wally). element woman. aquaman.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By katanalauncher

I really wish they would exclude Batman(not that it will never happen), and let him dwell in his own little world.

Superman alone could handle the leadership and help out cyborg with tech.

RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RScottH08

Superman

Batman 
    Wonder Woman 
    Flash - Wally West 
    Green Lantern - Kyle Rayner 
    Captain Marvel 
    Martian Manhunter

GraveSp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22  Edited By GraveSp

Superman - just because 
    Batman - lets go with Grayson, Bruce can have the Outsiders or Inc 
    Green Arrow - Ollie, just because he seems to work  
    Flash - Wally, Gives the team some humor 
    Martian Manhunter-  he is green and psychic what more do you need?
    Wonder Woman- for some Estrogen 
    Jason Blood/Etrigan- Give the team some magic 

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jubilee042

superman 
    batman 
    flash(wally) 
    wonder woman 
    zatanna 
    green lantern 
    aquaman  
    plus as a substitute i want hawkwoman or hawkgirl

Nightw BR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By Nightw BR

Nightwing 

Oracle 

Batman 

Superman 

Wonder woman 

Shayera Hol 

Flash (Wally West) Guest charcters would be Tim Drake, Green Lantern (Kyle Raynor/ Hal/ John Stewat), Zatanna, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Supergirl ,Powergirl, Huntress.
    GraveSp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25  Edited By GraveSp
    @EdgerJoker: I would read that book, although i would like to have Static as the main member rather then Steel.
    dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dondasch

May as well.

Superman
    Batman (Bruce Wayne, not Dick Grayson wannabe)
    Wonder Woman (Because you just cannot leave her out, sorry.)
    Green Lantern (John Stewart.  Best one in my opinion)
    Flash (Wally West.  Grew up with him on JL.  Same as John Stewart)
    Martian Manhunter (Cohesive link for the team)
    Aquaman or Hawkgirl.  Im happy with either one.

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By Jekylhyde14

Superman- As close to the Silver Age version as possible. He's Earth's mightiest champion, after all. 
    Batman- The grim, uncompromising vigilante who always has a plan. 
    Wonder Woman- I enjoy her the most when she's steeped in Greek mythology. 
    Zauriel- That way the league would be pulled into adventures involving Judeo-Christian lore.  
    Vixen- I've always had a thing for Mari (especially in her Animal Man cameo). Her animal powers give her a spiritual link to nature. 
    Plastic Man- Because he's just great. Comedic relief, stretch powers, and he'e referred to a number of times in Gravity's Rainbow. 
    Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)- I have good memories of Kyle. His development as a hero was one of the best parts of the 90's. 

That's the way I'd want my league for tonight at least. Maybe I'll feel different tomorrow. 

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

My favorite so far has been:

No Caption Provided
    I loved the odd grouping, the fun, and the family they became.  Plus the art was awesome.
     My own team that I put together myself???
    Hrm.
     How about this
    JLA Powerhouses:
    1. Superman 
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Captain Marvel
    4. Martian Manhunter
    5. Big Barda
    6. Green Lantern
    7. Powergirl

I'll think of more later.
    TheBuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By TheBuck

I know I'm in the few here when I say that the latest (pre new 52) was a really good team and quite possibly my fav.
    I would love to the following on a team:
    Dr.Fate
    Batman (Dick)
    Liberty Belle 
    Icon 
    GL (Guy)
    Blue Beetle
    Booster Gold

Avatar image for dark_phoenix00x
    Dark_Phoenix00x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Dark_Phoenix00x
    @dragorith said:
    Batman, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl/woman  The DCAU got it perfectly right.
    This is my choice too
    Henrypm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Henrypm

Superman  
    Batman 
    Wonder Woman 
    Hal Jordan 
    Barry Allen 
    Zatanna 
    Captain Marvel  2 man of steel is better than 1
    or replacement  
    Aquaman

EdgerJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By EdgerJoker
    @GraveSp: Steel came to mind before Static...
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#33  Edited By ImperiousRix

I like the Justice League animated series line-up (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Wally West), Green Lantern (John Stewart), Hawk Girl, and Martian Manhunter), but I guess if I had to make a team of seven for myself, it'd look something like this...  

Power Girl (Kryptonian, financial backing, comic relief) 
    Barry Allen (Super speed, detective skills) 
    Black Canary (Supersonic scream, hand-to-hand combat specialist) 
    John Stewart (Energy projection, military/tactical expert) 
    Green Arrow (Stealth, financial backing, volatile) 
    Robotman (Technological, bruiser, comic relief) 
    Bane (Super strength, intellect, tactical expert, volatile)

Yes, I'd put Robotman on the team.  I think the Doom Patrol deserves a larger platform to play on!  I also wanted a "villain" on the team, and feel like Bane'd be one that'd fit while also being plausible.  I know, an odd team, but that's why I don't make the decisions at DC...

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ssejllenrad

I'm a traditionalist so...

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Flash (here's an exception, I pick wally)
    Green Lantern (Hal or Kyle)
    Aquaman
    Martian Manhunter

or something like Titans of Tomorrow but not entirely like it
    Superman (Conner)
    Batman ( Tim Drake)
    Wonder Woman (Cass)
    Flash (Bart)
    Green Lantern (Yat)
    Aquaman (Arthur Joseph Curry)
    Green Arrow (Connor)

CanucksXVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CanucksXVX

oops forgot aquaman
    Master_Of_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By Master_Of_Evil

this already proves there is no continuity here because Hal Jordan was fired and his ring taken away from him 

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Bestostero

I can never decide on a dream team especially when there's a limit number of characters...but my favorite incarnation would have to be...

No Caption Provided
    Tolliver_Trask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Tolliver_Trask

I'm partial to this incarnation, lol: 

No Caption Provided
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By JonesDeini

Maybe it's just my childhood nostalgia but I've always been fond of Morrison's original 97 team.

MrFantastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By MrFantastic

Captain America - Leadership
    Iron Man  - Tech & Money
    Thor - Raw Power
    Hawkeye  - Stealth
    Giant Man - Science
    Wasp  - Eye Candy
    Scarlet Witch - What can't she do?

JLA - Justice League Avengers

Bobcat14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bobcat14

Hey G-man I would like to encourage you to make similar post detailing other line ups. For example TEEN TITANS, LEGION OF DOOM,  THE G.L.C. HONOR GUARD, JSA and more.
    CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#42  Edited By CrimsonTempest

What would I think would be the best JL roster?

Batman (Wayne) Obvious financial support, world's greatest detective, tactician, leader
    Superman (Silver Age) inspiration to heroes, motivator, all-around powerhouse
    Wonder Woman (Diana) Experience, compliments Superman in roughhousing tactics
    Green Lantern (Stewart) He's killed two planets. Also, good choice for cosmic threats.
    Flash (West) speed, heart of the team, jokester
    Aquagirl (Lorena) a little twist of having an Aqua-themed character, great asset in fighting underwater
    Red Arrow (Harper) rising from tragedy, overcoming his addictions, all-around marksman, voice of youth

Zuckuss_02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zuckuss_02

My dream team consists of... 

1. Superman 
    2. Batman 
    3. Wonder Woman 
    4. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) 
    5. Flash (Wally West) 
    6. Aquaman 
    7. Martian Manhunter 
    8. Hawkman 
    9. Green Arrow 
    10. Black Canary 
    11. Zatanna

WizardShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WizardShazam
    • Batman (Bruce)
    • Captain Marvel (Billy)
    • Green Lantern (Kyle)
    • The Flash (Barry, I like Wally but Barry has the maturity and experience)
    • Plastic Man (Eel)
    • Zatanna
    • Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)/Booster Gold (they pretty much count as one, right?)
    • Firestorm (Jason/Ronnie) (if Beetle/Booster won't work)

Batman for leadership, tech, money, general smarts. Captain Marvel for the heavy hitter without the lame weakness and Billy gives some innocence and a different perspective (being a kid and all). Green Lantern for space crime (and Kyle because I am sick of Hal and he seems to best fit). Flash because you need a speedster. Plastic Man for comedic relief and an under-appreciated power set. Zatanna for magic, and because Dr. Fate is a JSA guy. Blue Beetle/Booster Gold for the duo dynamic and for time travel business, plus Beetle has some tech/smarts and Booster has some leadership experience. Firestorm for matter manipulation and because he is apparently a god-tier hero now, at least according to Brightest Day.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By Bestostero

Also... hurray for Mat Elfring for picking Dr. Light! :)

Burnstar1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By Burnstar1230

I would have it with the original seven branching out to instruct the lesser known heroes to take care of the big baddies in case they were gone. For example:
    Wonder Woman (One of the original seven) 
    Blue Beetle
    Doctor Fate
    Red Arrow
    Fire
    Static
    Atom

Kind of balance between the powerhouses like Wonder Woman, the martial arts and weapon skills like Red Arrow, a 'brain' like Atom, someone experienced in magic like Fate, Someone with alien knowledge like Blue Beetle, Fire for her long-range powers and a young hero that could be like their 'hero-in-training', making them take on high-quality missions with the older, more experienced members, hence Static.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By KRYPTON

I think this is the longest Off my mind yet

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Eyz

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

If you ask me...well you probably guessed it already a'right!
    Ol' buddy, ol' pal!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Personally for me, any Justice League is worthy as long as the Trinity is present, because other wise for me its just a poser-team or substitutes.  So as long as Clark, Bruce, and Diana are on the team that works just fine for me.  But yes, I do have to admit I'm a little partial to the JL's first "magnificent seven" incarnation when they first came together in the 1960s. Anyone who comes after that is welcome, but what I like to term "the magnificent seven" are who the heart and soul of the JLA are.  Period.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

#50  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

screw the rules. if there was ever a time to overachieve in my life, this is it and i'm going Grant Morrison on yo asses
     My JLI
    Superman-Zeus 
    Batman-Phobos 
    Wonder Woman-Hera 
    Green Lantern-Apollo 
    Flash-Hermes 
    Aquaman-Poseidon 
    Martian Manhunter-Chiron 
    Elongated Man-Dionysus 
    Huntress-Artemis 
    Oracle-Athena 
    Hawkman-Ares 
    Starfire-Aphrodite 
    Cyborg-Hephaestus 
    Vixen-Demeter 
    Demon-Hades 
    Bulleteer- Hestia 
    Aztek- Asclepius 
    Booster Gold-Eros 
    Stargirl-Hebe 
    Captain Marvel-Hercules 
    Congorilla-Pan 
    Black Orchid-Persephone 
    Cyclone-Aura
    Nightshade-Nyx 
    Zatanna-Hecate 
    Sandman- Hypnos 
    The Creeper-Momus 
    Deadman-Thanatos 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.