Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Off My Mind: Looking at the New JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA Roster

• 141 results
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#51  Edited By Lvenger

@Barkley: Yeah I realised that after I'd made the comment. Well done for picking me up on that.

@JayMar89: Captain Marvel/Shazam's joining the first Justice League team. He's more suited to that team anyway. The new one looks quite shadowy and covert, not quite the style of the fantasy direction Johns is taking Shazam in.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Wow, maybe Trinity War will come down to JL and JLA fighting one another. I guess I'm just still confused about why Selina Kyle would be on the team. She just never struck me as a good team player type and her position on the team just intrigues me is all. As for Courtney's presence on the team, it just makes me still sad that the JSA is no longer. I still have big faith in this though and will certainly want to get it when its out.

ZiPPY45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By ZiPPY45

What issue is that of the picture in the middle of Martian Manhunter fighting the JL?

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By feargalr

I'm really looking forward to this book. But if this Justice League is going to be concerned with America, I hope the original League starts looking more at world wide threats. Also I hope that they aren't some kinda government sanctioned or set up team. Hopefully Steve is just there as a liaison, or perhaps even as an independent agent

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By BatWatch

@mikeclark1982 said:

@PsychoKnights: Aquaman's wife, Mera.

I thought Aquaman and Mera were back on good terms since her resurrection. Has that changed?

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

1. Why didn't they just change the writer and roster of JLI and keep the book going?
    2. Why is everyone moaning that Katana is on the Justice League, it's not any worse than having Wolverine on the Avengers
    3. Whats the point of ARGUS when there are at least four other government agency's that do the exact same thing?

1. This is a whole new team. It would make little sense to keep the old name yet try to shoehorn in a new team.

2. I have no problem with Katana on the Justice League, but I do take issue with Selina being on the team.

3. Fair question. However, there are multiple agencies in the real world doing much the same thing, so it is not necessarily an unrealistic idea.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#56  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @JayMar89: Why would Shazam be on the Justice League AND the Justice League of America?
    Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Funrush

@PsychoKnights said:

@mikeclark1982 said:

I thought Aquaman and Mera were back on good terms since her resurrection. Has that changed?

They still are as of the first six issues of the New 52 series.

I'm assuming that what's going down in Trinity War is Pandora teaming with JL, Question with JLA, and Phantom Stranger with the characters in the promo that aren't on teams and then some (Aquaman).

On topic, I think I've accepted Catwoman's being on the team. I still don't like Katana, though.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @RedheadedAtrocitus: and Justice League Dark 

@PsychoKnights:  
    1. Not really when they have done it with other teams, why make a new team when it does the exact same thing as another?
    2. Selina has been offered a position on the League before, has she not?
    3. Still, having Blackhawks, Checkmate, DEO and ARGUS is kind of redundant and makes them all seem less unique 
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By sethysquare

@Shoe said:

so...Catwoman=Black Widow, Green Arrow=Hawkeye, Stargirl=Cap...etc does this seem like DC is trying to leech of the popularity of the avengers, kinda like the Squadron supreme was leeching off the justice league to anyone else?

Avengers and FF was created to emulate Justice League's success. So no, they both leeched of Justice League's popularity in the 60s.

Also, Green Arrow was in Justice League since 1961,

Hawkeye only joined Avengers in 1965

Who is leeching off whose success?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Funrush: the Phantom Stranger would be teaming up with Justice League Dark 
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By sethysquare

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

1. Why didn't they just change the writer and roster of JLI and keep the book going?
    2. Why is everyone moaning that Katana is on the Justice League, it's not any worse than having Wolverine on the Avengers
    3. Whats the point of ARGUS when there are at least four other government agency's that do the exact same thing?

1. Because the lineup had nothing international about it. Everyone of the are Americans with the exception of Katana.

3. I believe there are more than 4. Just like how there are millions of unit in police and government depart doing slightly similar things.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BatWatch

@Funrush said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@mikeclark1982 said:

I'm assuming that what's going down in Trinity War is Pandora teaming with JL, Question with JLA, and Phantom Stranger with the characters in the promo that aren't on teams and then some (Aquaman).

On topic, I think I've accepted Catwoman's being on the team. I still don't like Katana, though.

Interesting theory.

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@RedheadedAtrocitus: and Justice League Dark

@PsychoKnights:
    1. Not really when they have done it with other teams, why make a new team when it does the exact same thing as another?
    2. Selina has been offered a position on the League before, has she not?
    3. Still, having Blackhawks, Checkmate, DEO and ARGUS is kind of redundant and makes them all seem less unique

1. I've never seen them completely change a team without a reboot. Can you cite an example? Also, this team works for the United States not the U.N. That is a significant difference.

2. Good question. Does anybody know the answer to that? As far as I know, she has never been offered a position with the League.

3. Agreed. It seems like the DCNU is being constructed piece by piece. I don't think there is much in the way of an overarching structure, but perhaps DC will manage to bring it all together.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @sethysquare said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

1. Because the lineup had nothing international about it. Everyone of the are Americans with the exception of Katana.

3. I believe there are more than 4. Just like how there are millions of unit in police and government depart doing slightly similar things.

But thats my point, why make a team like that? There's already a "fully American but one" Justice League team and there was already a Justice League team run by the government 

But this is comic books world, making loads of redundant government factions that do the same thing does not aid the storys in anyway all it does is separate the continuity that little bit more, DC needs a SHIELD like agency than the rest come under, they had set up Blackhawks to be that but now there like "eh we'll just pull this new agency out our buts for no particular reason other then we can"  
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @PsychoKnights: Storywise would difference would it make between being run by the Us or the UN?
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By sethysquare

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@sethysquare said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

But thats my point, why make a team like that? There's already a "fully American but one" Justice League team and there was already a Justice League team run by the government But this is comic books world, making loads of redundant government factions that do the same thing does not aid the storys in anyway all it does is separate the continuity that little bit more, DC needs a SHIELD like agency than the rest come under, they had set up Blackhawks to be that but now there like "eh we'll just pull this new agency out our buts for no particular reason other then we can"

Thats what DC do.

Justice League Detroit

Justice League International

Justice League Antartica

Justice Society of America

Justice League Europe

Also, DC have their own ways of doing things I guess. They also wanna diversify their line and not make everything link to a few franchise. Like how Marvel does it. Avengers, Xmen, Spiderman. Other than that, any other books can't survive at all.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By hyperman

don't really like the idea of Steve Trevor turning into a superhero

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @sethysquare said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@sethysquare said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

But thats my point, why make a team like that? There's already a "fully American but one" Justice League team and there was already a Justice League team run by the government But this is comic books world, making loads of redundant government factions that do the same thing does not aid the storys in anyway all it does is separate the continuity that little bit more, DC needs a SHIELD like agency than the rest come under, they had set up Blackhawks to be that but now there like "eh we'll just pull this new agency out our buts for no particular reason other then we can"

Thats what DC do.

Justice League Detroit

Justice League Antartica

Also, DC have their own ways of doing things I guess. They also wanna diversify their line and not make everything link to a few franchise. Like how Marvel does it. Avengers, Xmen, Spiderman. Other than that, any other books can't survive at all.

But they cancelled International just to make America what provides the exact same function, they ignore all the other established government units  that provides the exact same function just to create ARGUS, . What was so wrong in making Steve Trever a member of Blackhawks and have them run the JLA/I? It would have served to tighten the continuity and feel more like a shared universe it also would have brought more readers on to the Blackhawks book and would have stopped it from getting cancelled    
    Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#68  Edited By Green ankh

pass

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BatWatch

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@PsychoKnights: Storywise would difference would it make between being run by the Us or the UN?

The cast of character, the nature of the missions, the locations of the stories. All of those things would interact with the story.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @PsychoKnights said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@PsychoKnights: Storywise would difference would it make between being run by the Us or the UN?

The cast of character, the nature of the missions, the locations of the stories. All of those things would interact with the story.

No they wouldn't, they would all be the same ether way. the JLI was based in the US run by two Americans that worked for the UN.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By doordoor123

Tony, if you read the interview with Johns and Finch, a lot of these questions would have been answered. Like how ARGUS IS behind it (you make it sound like their might be behind it) and how Stargirl is 17-18 in this, etc.  

Im actually surprised how little research you guys are doing. Even for the previous article of this team being announced -- you guys thought it was the same book as Justice League.    

You guys really should do a little more research. 

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By sethysquare

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@sethysquare said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@sethysquare said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Thats what DC do.

Justice League Detroit

Justice League Antartica

But they cancelled International just to make America what provides the exact same function, they ignore all the other established government units that provides the exact same function just to create ARGUS, . What was so wrong in making Steve Trever a member of Blackhawks and have them run the JLA/I? It would have served to tighten the continuity and feel more like a shared universe it also would have brought more readers on to the Blackhawks book and would have stopped it from getting cancelled

Its a change of roster. DC has done it for years.

Also, like I said having too much in continuity relationship with each books have lotsa editorial problems. Also it serves to make everything connected to everything. Soon enough, people would not buy books without ARGUS or JLA. Eventually it'll be like Marvel. Also they needed to diversify their roster. You can have Steve Trevor micro manage Amanda Waller. Waller is a great character and it'll be a waste to have her being someone else's bit*h. But either ways I can see it happening soon enough. Blackhawks just didn't last long enough. Also they wanted to focus on characters within the group. So the edge books wanna focus on edge books characters which was why Spartan was given the job to oversee Blackhawks and then Voodoo. Which would eventually form Wildcats. This way they can diversify the line up with different characters. Different companies do things differently.

DocFishstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DocFishstick

i will pick this book up for sure. Its a good mix of members I feel.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Lvenger

@Funrush said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@mikeclark1982 said:

Interesting theory. Do you think Phantom Stranger will side with JLD?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @sethysquare said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@sethysquare said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@sethysquare said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Thats what DC do.

Justice League Detroit

Justice League Antartica

But they cancelled International just to make America what provides the exact same function, they ignore all the other established government units that provides the exact same function just to create ARGUS, . What was so wrong in making Steve Trever a member of Blackhawks and have them run the JLA/I? It would have served to tighten the continuity and feel more like a shared universe it also would have brought more readers on to the Blackhawks book and would have stopped it from getting cancelled

Its a change of roster. DC has done it for years.

Also, like I said having too much in continuity relationship with each books have lotsa editorial problems. Also it serves to make everything connected to everything. Soon enough, people would not buy books without ARGUS or JLA. Eventually it'll be like Marvel. Also they needed to diversify their roster. You can have Steve Trevor micro manage Amanda Waller. Waller is a great character and it'll be a waste to have her being someone else's bit*h. But either ways I can see it happening soon enough. Blackhawks just didn't last long enough. Also they wanted to focus on characters within the group. So the edge books wanna focus on edge books characters which was why Spartan was given the job to oversee Blackhawks and then Voodoo. Which would eventually form Wildcats. This way they can diversify the line up with different characters. Different companies do things differently.

Blackhawks only had one book, if they thought it was hard to tie it in to another then the editors really have no business having a job and I fail to see how creating an all American team adds more diversity. Well DC are doing it stupidly and I am losing my interest in them FAST
    AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By AlKusanagi

What, is this like the DC version of the Great Lakes Avengers?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just the result of crying fans over Martian Manhunter without appreciating Stormwatch for what it is and DC pandering to them. Every other character just seems thrown in to complete the set.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Funrush

@Lvenger said:

@Funrush said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@mikeclark1982 said:

Interesting theory. Do you think Phantom Stranger will side with JLD?

I can imagine it. I just say the extra characters because the only JLD character in the promo is Deadman, and rumor is he'll be joining the regular team.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @sesquipedalophobe said:

This is just the result of crying fans over Martian Manhunter without appreciating Stormwatch for what it is and DC pandering to them. Every other character just seems thrown in to complete the set.

BushidoBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By BushidoBlack

This really is a weird group of characters to put on a team labeled as the JLA.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BatWatch

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

No they wouldn't, they would all be the same ether way. the JLI was based in the US run by two Americans that worked for the UN.

Are you telling me that Justice League International operated solely in the United States?

Iridium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#82  Edited By Iridium

Hey nothing at all against a new GL. Although with the universe being so big, does seem that Earth has way too many. And his ethnicity is a neat twist, I hope they write him well.

For what my opinion is worth, he pretty much a direct copy of Kick-Ass.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @PsychoKnights said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Are you telling me that Justice League International operated solely in the United States?

I'm telling you that the JLI was based in America, run by an American with 4 American members, are you telling me that the JLA will be more American than that? 
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#84  Edited By Mbecks14

I've been so disappointed with the Justice League series, the new roster is a strange patchwork collection of odd choices but I'll follow the story. Maybe it'll get better. But I'll probably just wait until the next reboot.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By BatWatch

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I'm telling you that the JLI was based in America, run by an American with 4 American members, are you telling me that the JLA will be more American than that?

You seem oddly hostile about this.

If the new team operates in the U.S. of A., then yes.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @PsychoKnights said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I'm not trying to be hostile so sorry if my comments seem like that. 

The JLI also operated in the US but not solely and I highly doubt the JLA will ether 
    Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Funrush

@Iridium said:

Hey nothing at all against a new GL. Although with the universe being so big, does seem that Earth has way too many. And his ethnicity is a neat twist, I hope they write him well.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

My friend actually missed the FCBD issue, and when I told him about the new Lantern, he asked me what he looked like. I told him he looked exactly like Kick-Ass.

mikeisonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By mikeisonfire

Why does Baz dress like Kick-Ass?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Iridium said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

#Cantbeunseen lol

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By BatWatch

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I'm not trying to be hostile so sorry if my comments seem like that. The JLI also operated in the US but not solely and I highly doubt the JLA will ether

No problem. Just another example of how tone is difficult to grasp in online conversations. (grins)

Okay, I concede. Still, my other points remain valid. It would be very awkward to give an entirely new team the same name as Justice League International.

Dead_raccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#91  Edited By Dead_raccoon

Yay. Selina and Oliver being in this issue make it a definite addition to my echalons of monthly issues

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

You know, I'm quite surprised nobody has called racism on the new Green Lantern yet 

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Funrush

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

You know, I'm quite surprised nobody has called racism on the new Green Lantern yet

How so?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Funrush said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

You know, I'm quite surprised nobody has called racism on the new Green Lantern yet

How so?

Well black guy that uses a gun and has to cover his face
    Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Funrush

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Funrush said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

How so?

IT's not like he's the first superhero to cover face and use guns, only different is that he's Arabic.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Funrush said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Funrush said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

How so?

IT's not like he's the first superhero to cover face and use guns, only different is that he's Arabic.

I know I'm just surprised nobody has said anything yet
    KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By KnightRise

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Funrush said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Funrush said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

How so?

I know I'm just surprised nobody has said anything yet

Because that rush of uninformed accusations came and went already.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @KnightRise said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Funrush said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Funrush said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

How so?

I know I'm just surprised nobody has said anything yet

Because that rush of uninformed accusations came and went already.

I must have missed it then
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Lvenger

@Funrush: Deadman on the regular League team? With Shazam as well, it seems like the regular League is recruiting mystical members now. Do you think Element Woman will join at some point like Johns promised she would? The regular League is a bit biased when it comes to gender.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By KnightRise

I think it needs more power, like Shazam. Plus, if he goes back to his more good natured roots, Billy could serve as a foil to what looks like a darker team. Or if Captain Atom was still a conservative military stalwart, he could juxstapose the more liberal Green Arrow, similar to the O'Niel run.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.