New Members [spoilers as of Justice League #16]

#1 Edited by SUNMAN (6902 posts) - - Show Bio

so we know from today's issue of the Justice League that Cyborg has ot enlist some help from other heroes via the Grid

these members are:

Vixen, Black Lightning, Zatana, Shazam, Gold Rush, Element Woman, Green Arrow and Hawkman

I received the image from this blog: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2013/01/23/is-it-good-justice-league-16-review/

There are 6 other spoilerish images on that website fyi

I'm really excited I like all these additions.

Thoughts on the new members and which one might potentially be a traitor?

What do you see each member bringing to the table?

#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm....brand new character without any history? Seems like a traitor to me!

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11720 posts) - - Show Bio

Its either Hawkman or this Goldrush character

Black Lightning is the social conscience

Vixen-i have no freaking clue

Shazam- buddy for Cyborg/powerhouse

Element woman will be Cy's love interest

Zatanna will be the magic expert

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11720 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

probably but do we really want to just assume Geoff is that bad at story telling?

#5 Posted by SUNMAN (6902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Vixens that versatile X-factor. In my mind her animal mimicry makes her a force to be reckoned with in a fight. She's incredibly agile and quick and can pack a punch not to mention she can be stealthy and is a quick healer.

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11720 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Vixens that versatile X-factor. In my mind her animal mimicry makes her a force to be reckoned with in a fight. She's incredibly agile and quick and can pack a punch not to mention she can be stealthy and is a quick healer.

i would probably put EW down as the X-Factor but i guess they could both fit.

#7 Posted by SUNMAN (6902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@SUNMAN said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

i would probably put EW down as the X-Factor but i guess they could both fit.

yeah EW works in that role too. Personally I'd probably classify her as a walking chem lab just like Metamorpho was

#8 Posted by SmashBrawler (4741 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Icarusflies said:

probably but do we really want to just assume Geoff is that bad at story telling?

Great. Another character Johns can't make a traitor, otherwise the writing in this title gets even worse.

#9 Posted by Black_Claw (2813 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright! It's nice to see Vixen and Zatanna!

#10 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy ****! I just read this issue

10/10. This is the book Justice League should be every month.

And Cyborg is a ****ing badass!

#11 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

With Black Lightning and Vixen again, the JL is looking like the pre-flashpoint JL again (minus poor Red Tornado who got dumped into earth 2). Goldrush seems to be a reboot of Gold from Metal Men. I hope the powers are similar to that of Engineer from Stormwatch so the Metal Men can be more like Cyberforce and Ghost in the Shell. For a Wetworks reboot, I prefer the members have different origins. One member can have the old symbiote gold covered look. Grail can have a different origin for his blue chi power. The traitor could be Zatanna who is probably more loyal to Constantine.

#12 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

1) I could see Green Arrow being the traior since he and Hawkman fight in Trinity War and they have a history of not liking each other. I could also see Green Arrow because he was originally rejected by the Justice League and because he believes in the JLA. Hawkman is the sleeper agaent in the JLA. Green Arrow is the sleeper agent in Justice League.

2) I think Goldrush is one of the revamped Metalmen mentioned in this issue.

#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11720 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

1) I could see Green Arrow being the traior since he and Hawkman fight in Trinity War and they have a history of not liking each other. I could also see Green Arrow because he was originally rejected by the Justice League and because he believes in the JLA. Hawkman is the sleeper agaent in the JLA. Green Arrow is the sleeper agent in Justice League.

2) I think Goldrush is one of the revamped Metalmen mentioned in this issue.

Green Arrow didnt join did he? I assumed that only the characters whose names were shown were becoming members.

#14 Posted by Mr_Winchester (638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Icarusflies said:

#15 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: The image in the OP is cut off. The new Justice League members are Green Arrow, Hawkman, Black Canary, Black Lightning, Vixen, Goldrush, Zatanna, Shazam, Element Woman, and Firestorm

#16 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad goldrush has clothes bec. dc still has too many naked characters roaming around. Green Arrow and Hawkman probably won't stay long in JL and will probably be recruited by Martian/Steve/Amanda and they will just move over to JLA quickly. Another possible traitor is Captain Marvel Shazam who probably is getting orders from the Circle of Eternity who probably don't like the war of Pandora, Phantom Stranger and Question.

#17 Posted by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

It's an improvement on Justice League but still not what it could be. And it pales in comparison to actually good JL runs like Morrison's, Waid's and Kelly's. But it was better than usual.

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27334 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow and Hawkman in the JLA and the Justice League? That's pretty stupid

#19 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA will be a public govt group so maybe Green Arrow/Hawkman will transfer to JLA once JLA is formed in JLA 1.

#20 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11720 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Winchester said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Icarusflies said:

whats this supposed to be telling me?

#21 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11720 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: The image in the OP is cut off. The new Justice League members are Green Arrow, Hawkman, Black Canary, Black Lightning, Vixen, Goldrush, Zatanna, Shazam, Element Woman, and Firestorm

i see.

#22 Edited by Mr_Winchester (638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Thought you weren't aware that there would be a traitor among the ranks of the JL. Never mind, misread your earlier post.

#23 Posted by marvel123 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

i like All of those additions............they are good enough to even form their own team

#24 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Read it this morning.

SQUEEE! BLACK LIGHTNING! :D

#25 Edited by Comicman1000 (30 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by SUNMAN (6902 posts) - - Show Bio

I also left out two member in in the op

Black Canary and Firestorm

my bad guys lol

#27 Posted by JakeN7 (4627 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Green Arrow and Hawkman in the JLA and the Justice League? That's pretty stupid

This

@colonyofcells said:

JLA will be a public govt group so maybe Green Arrow/Hawkman will transfer to JLA once JLA is formed in JLA 1.

Hopefully

#28 Posted by SUNMAN (6902 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7: I don't think its clear as of yet how JLA will play out. Will see I'm not going to jump to conclusions yet

#29 Posted by SUNMAN (6902 posts) - - Show Bio

This just in from DC's Blog "The Source"

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/01/25/this-just-happened-calling-in-reinforcements

With The Flash off battling Gorilla Grodd and Green Lantern presumed dead, Cyborg is now earth’s only protection against Atlantis. Or so it seems …

As Cyborg prepares for surgery in S.T.A.R. Labs to enhance his powers and help the imprisoned Leaguers, he broadcasts a distress call to save the world. But who will answer the call? Place your bets in the comments section and find out what happens when “Throne of Atlantis” continues in next week’s AQUAMAN #16.

So it looks like all the heroes called might not necessarily be joining the team. Guess will have to wait and see who actually answers the call

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.