New Members Announced for JUSTICE LEAGUE

Posted by G-Man (30644 posts) - - Show Bio

We've seen the issue where it was shown that the Justice League refused to allow other members to join the team. Something really big went down with Martian Manhunter. Green Arrow was determined to join but they would't have anything to do with him. All that's about to change.

Today at Fan Expo, it was announced that the roster is changing, big time.

You should notice one difference. This is going to be JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA. Geoff Johns will be joined by David Finch and the team will be under the guidance of Steve Trevor. On the team we see Vibe, Catwoman, Martian Manhunter, the new Green Lantern, Stargirl, Katana, Hawkman and Green Arrow.

You can check out an interview with Johns and Finch over at MTV Geek.

What do you think about this roster? Does this team make sense? We'll see more of this in 2013. Are you ready for another Justice League comic?

EDIT

To clarify, this is a NEW title. It's mentioned above but to be clear, we'll have JUSTICE LEAGUE and JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA.

From DC's blog:

Launching in 2013, DC Comics will publish a new ongoing comic book series, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, written by Geoff Johns and drawn by David Finch.
Staff
#1 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7583 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good, I'm sure the Manhunter's fans will be happy to see him back on a JL team. Catwoman though, that's interesting.

#2 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17297 posts) - - Show Bio

catwoman?

#3 Posted by Skies327 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

I for one will be looking forward to Catwoman/Green Arrow interaction. That dialogue alone should be fun enough to warrant buying this for a bit.

#4 Posted by ObsideonDarman (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Are they changing the name of the current JUSTICE LEAGUE book or this going to be a completely new title?

Excuse my confusion.

#5 Edited by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally something new from DC that I'm looking forward to. The line up is leagues more interesting than the current Justice League team. I'm excited about this.

And the Martian Manhunter fans can stop bitching and complaining now.

#6 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

This is interesting.I noticed they were trying to be more diverse within the team.

#7 Posted by MAGIC_HORSE (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited!!!!

#8 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks really cool, and though I am a fan of Catwoman, not sure she should be on this team???

#9 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm...looks cool.

#10 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

F*** yea, Star-girl really hope theirs something between her and Billy like in JSA

#11 Edited by zachkastner (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks to be a new title, guys.

I'm VERY interested in Justice League 12 now that so much is spinning out of it's wake.

(And with GL Baz fighting the main Justice League, J'onn fighting them, and Green Arrow not welcome in, does that instantly put these two groups at odds?)

#12 Posted by Billy Batson (57761 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a pretty weak roster :-/
BB

#13 Posted by EscoBlades (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman? *scratches head*

BRB.....

Catwoman?

#14 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I can already tell this will be better than the current Justice League.

#15 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a new title. Also surprised they didn't tease this the same way Marvel does some Avengers teams. Don't know if this will be a sort of Black Ops team? Meh.

#16 Posted by yupfrank (22 posts) - - Show Bio

this looks like a really fun roster, i am excited to see how this team can work together

#17 Posted by jordanderson (4 posts) - - Show Bio

So, this is going to be the government sanctioned Justice League?

#18 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

...Selina?

#19 Posted by RalfvdH (648 posts) - - Show Bio

Must say I kinda like this line-up...

#20 Posted by Solomonwreath (192 posts) - - Show Bio

who's the new green lantern

#21 Posted by VyseCarma (258 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

catwoman?

I was thinking the same thing man.

#22 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that in the interview they compare the members of this JLA to Archie Andrews and company :P

#23 Posted by mrp0p0 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

So Steve isn't actually dead...

#24 Posted by G-Man (30644 posts) - - Show Bio

@zachkastner: That link is in the article...

Staff
#25 Edited by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

FINCH DOING THE JUSTICE LEAGUE! OH YES!!!!!!! P.S. look at the title. Justice League of AMERICA. The one we are reading now is Justice League. WHOO! THIS IS GOING TO BE DOPE!!!!!!!! And they are finally making Finch THE artist at DC!

do not delay this book!

#26 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

Courtney's back!! steve isn't dead and ofcourse The Martian Manhunter!!!! one word- YES!!!!!!!

#27 Posted by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordanderson said:

So, this is going to be the government sanctioned Justice League?

Seems like it. This is the group Steve Trevor was asking Green Arrow to join in one of the previous Justice League issues. It's also would explain JLI's out of the blue cancellation.

#28 Posted by leosol (17 posts) - - Show Bio

But spoilers.....

steve trevor is dead in the last issue of justice league, how can he lead here?

Roster looks cool, hope this is a new series and doesn't straight up replace current JL. As run of the mill as it is, I still enjoy the classic roster too.

#29 Posted by _Cain_ (23613 posts) - - Show Bio

@ObsideonDarman said:

Are they changing the name of the current JUSTICE LEAGUE book or this going to be a completely new title?

Excuse my confusion.

This.

Also, Are they scraping all the other members?

#30 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised Catwoman is there, but I'm looking forward to seeing her, as well as Hawkman, Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter!

#31 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

...... Catwoman..? *raises eyebrow*

#32 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Like the line up just hope it doesn't actually replace JL

#33 Posted by LifePool (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#34 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8884 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually really like this rooster. I am defenitely going to get this series!!

#35 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Trevor FTW.

#36 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman?....

#37 Posted by lightsout (1823 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it's a new title, or not replacing the main cast, I'm good (I didn't care much for JLoA v4 when the trinity left & it was a bunch of scab-leaguers). I'm definitely glad MM will be getting to be featured in an environment I'm much more familiar with though (I was sad he wasn't in the new JL, and I tried to read Stormwatch (just for him), but I just didn't care for it).

#38 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh for f*ck's sake.

#39 Posted by Robrat93 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm definately excited but wish teams had a core roster of 6 members, books start to feel overcrowded with more than that

#40 Posted by jpblair88 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

looks fun! glad to see J'onn back in the spotlight and GA hopefully handled better than in his book. cant say i really care for the idea of another Lantern. why not use John or Kyle? and why is Katana leaving BoP? and im really interested in seeing how Catwoman fits in to this.

#41 Posted by Outside_85 (8130 posts) - - Show Bio

In a way it's interesting, in another way it's pretty sad that with the massive failure of the UN's JLI that the US will now have a sole go at the idea.

Also, I don't know if I want to get my hopes up, Johns' JL is already in a poor state...hows this going to turn out?

#42 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman on the JLA? Oh, GOD no! This is going to suck eggs!

#43 Posted by G-Man (30644 posts) - - Show Bio

@leosol: The answer is simple. "Comic Books."

I'm excited for this. This roster will work better than the JLI one, sadly.

Staff
#44 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

That's a pretty weak roster :-/
BB

Weak as in power? It could definitely use Shazam. Or weak as uninteresting?

#45 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

'JLA', 'of america', 'giant flag'

Seriously ? We are in 2012, when dc and marvel should think on how they could sell their comic on the world they are still thinking "amurica"...

#46 Posted by RudeCherub (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Trevor Lives! New GL John Stewart?

#47 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooh, exciting :D

#48 Posted by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Johns steps up in the writing department with this book. As much as I'm digging the line up, I'm not going to be buying this if the writing is the way it is in Justice League.

#49 Posted by noj (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

This is AWESOME! As long as this is a secondary title and not actually replacing Justice League. I know it isnt the most popular book on Comicvine but Im personally LOVING Johns and Lee's JL. But this definatly looks like its going to be a government sanctioned Justice League which would explain JLIs cancellation as well as the team that Steve Trevor was putting together.

#50 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Really was caught off guard, I'm excited!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.