New Justice League Cartoon 2013?!

• 82 results
#1 Posted by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_sho...borg-clip.html

The video in the link above has a profile for Cyborg--with an animation design that he's never had before.

This signifies one of three things for me.

1. He is appearing on Young Justice (unlikely due to the style looking so different)

2. There will be a new Justice League Cartoon (win, win, win!)

3. That is his design for an upcoming Justice League movie such as Flashpoint

#2 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know....There is a(nother) new Batman cartoon coming. And most likely a new Superman cartoon for next year.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmm... I don't think so. I'll need some more evidence before I went to that conclusion

#4 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, I think it looks fairly similar to YJ's style. Or possibly a new animated feature

#5 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Franchise1590 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

The video in the link above has a profile for Cyborg--with an animation design that he's never had before.

1. He is appearing on Young Justice (unlikely due to the style looking so different)

That art style is pretty similar to Young Justice imo. I think you're overreacting.

#7 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like Cyborg is part of the next Justice League cartoon just as we know he will probably be in the live action Justice League movie also. Cyborg is also in the Justice League in the Warner brothers theme park.

#8 Posted by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

new justice league cartoon awesome ! looking forward to it.

#10 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

YJ/Justice League crossover! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope...I wish...

#11 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like cyborg will be in the next Teen Titans cartoon and also the next Justice League cartoon.

#13 Posted by Black_Claw (3107 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing he'll show up in Young Justice sometime in the future.

#14 Posted by KZR (481 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow he's everywhere.

#15 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

@KZR: He's the new steel.

#16 Posted by TheCannon (19454 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Young Justice. I have no clue why anyone would think otherwise. Same animation style.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (15085 posts) - - Show Bio

If that is actually right,I am really happy!

#18 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw said:

I'm guessing he'll show up in Young Justice sometime in the future.

Yeah.

And they call him "The newest member of the Justice League".

#19 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

I fucking hope so. that would be awesome.

#20 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Season 2 of Young Justice is almost over so I am not sure if they will bother to add Cyborg into the Justice League in season 2 altho this is possible bec. of the current promo which must be for some appearance somewhere soon or maybe it was really a promo for the upcoming Teen Titans cartoon. Maybe if there is a season 3 of Young Justice, they can put in Cyborg into the Justice League. Maybe they will just replace Young Justice cartoon with a Justice League cartoon.

#21 Posted by AssertingValor (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

Doubt it

#22 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

Truth be told if a new Justice League cartoon was coming out in 2013 we would have heard of it by now. Maybe 2014 or 2015, but it seems unlikely it will be 2013. Why would DC be so secretive about it if they were producing it. You know how comic fans are they dig for any little scrap of info. If a new JL toon was coming out this year the word would be out by now.

I mean remember all the hype for Young Justice, months and months before it came out.

#23 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

New Justice League cartoon will probably come out around same time as the live action movie. The Cyborg appearance is probably for the Young Justice cartoon which does have the Justice League. Hopefully, there will be a season 3 of Young Justice.

#24 Edited by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope I can say this without offending too many people...

Why is it the characters no one really cares about are designated the 'heart' of their team? Like Elongated Man back in the day. Him and his wife, once she died, were called the heart of the Justice League. Manhunter, while I like him, really isn't that well known or liked, and has also been designated the heart of the League. Now Cyborg, the one Leaguer without their own title, the one character who was tossed onto the League in place of Manhunter and thus changed the roster, now HE'S apparently the 'heart of the DC nation'?

#25 Posted by danhimself (22716 posts) - - Show Bio

doubtful....we've known about the new Batman cartoon for how long now and it still hasn't started yet so to see character designs for a show that we haven't even heard of and to expect it to be coming out this year is a bit of a stretch

#26 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

They also made a spotlight segment for The Atom/Ray Palmer. If they do make a JL cartoon, I would greatly love to see him in it. He is one of the most awesome underrated characters in DC.

We need more of him.

#27 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: They said "digital heart" of the DC Nation. Not the "heart" of the DC nation. So...

#28 Posted by cattlebattle (13397 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCannon said:

It's Young Justice. I have no clue why anyone would think otherwise. Same animation style.

Its not. Greg Weisman, one of the producer/writers of Young Justice is very vocal about the series on his website, he disclosed that they chose not use Cyborg or Starfire or Raven for that matter in the second season, which is finished actually and just didn't air yet. 
There is no confirmation for season 3 even so it is unlikely we would see artwork from it yet. Season 3 will time skip again anyways so its doubtful they would have Cyborg in it.

Its just an image of Cyborg someone drew for DC Nation promos most likely.
#29 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

They also made a spotlight segment for The Atom/Ray Palmer. If they do make a JL cartoon, I would greatly love to see him in it. He is one of the most awesome underrated characters in DC.

We need more of him.

Absolutely.

#30 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The are doing some shorts of Black Lightning so maybe they are also planning to do some shorts of Cyborg aside from using him in the upcoming Teen Titans cartoon series.

#31 Posted by DJBRACHA (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: i love the animation style of young justice is better than dcau and batman the brave and the bold

#32 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13665 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

I hope I can say this without offending too many people...

Why is it the characters no one really cares about are designated the 'heart' of their team? Like Elongated Man back in the day. Him and his wife, once she died, were called the heart of the Justice League. Manhunter, while I like him, really isn't that well known or liked, and has also been designated the heart of the League. Now Cyborg, the one Leaguer without their own title, the one character who was tossed onto the League in place of Manhunter and thus changed the roster, now HE'S apparently the 'heart of the DC nation'?

Cyborg is being pushed like hell, and i have no idea why Ralph & Sue were called that.probably to add more weight to their unnecessary deaths. Just because Martian Manhunter wasn't popular to reader/non readers doesn't mean he wasn't the heart/soul of his team.

#33 Posted by Mediumguy (166 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

You don't know how bad I want another JL Cartoon....written by Paul Dini

#34 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in! I would love to see a New52 Justice League TV show!

Click to Enlarge
#35 Posted by Freddy_F_Freeman (47 posts) - - Show Bio

well they are working on a new justice league series and theres also the flashpoint movie that they are making this year

but it does look alot like young justice animation style or like twentyfive said for a dc nation short like the atom one

#36 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't Kevin Conroy let slip in an interview that he'd recorded his part for a flashpoint movie? Wouldn't be surprised to see that as an animated film followed by the likes of Justice League new 52 Origin etc. during the gap between Man of Steel and the Justice League movie.

#37 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrArrogant said:

didn't Kevin Conroy let slip in an interview that he'd recorded his part for a flashpoint movie? Wouldn't be surprised to see that as an animated film followed by the likes of Justice League new 52 Origin etc. during the gap between Man of Steel and the Justice League movie.

That would be awesome!

#38 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

cant wait.

#39 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8066 posts) - - Show Bio

Would love to see new JL cartoon!!! It would make sense cuz the Justice League movie in 2015.

#40 Posted by DJBRACHA (22 posts) - - Show Bio

with young justice animated style

#41 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

uh, thats justice league doom. sadly, were not getting any new cartoons other than teen titans go which is a total waste of time.

#42 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

I'm in! I would love to see a New52 Justice League TV show!

Click to Enlarge

this look spectacular. why didcha miss out aquaman and flash?

#43 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I wasn't as much of a fan of how they turned out. I like them as characters though. =]

#44 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: i thought they still looked great though

#45 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh well, but we still have Young Jutice, which I suppose you could call a Justice League show....if you squint.

#46 Posted by atomicfist (23 posts) - - Show Bio

link doesnt work here in the uk, can someone post a screen shot please :D

#47 Posted by Eye_C_You (15 posts) - - Show Bio

That'd be dope.

#48 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer to see solo Cyborg animated shorts and in comics, a solo title.

#49 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

I prefer to see solo Cyborg animated shorts and in comics, a solo title.

Same

@atomicfist said:

link doesnt work here in the uk, can someone post a screen shot please :D

#50 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The way the cyborg promo was done and written (a lot of descriptions from the New 52 Geoff Johns Cyborg) suggests to me that the promo was for cyborg solo animated shorts similar to the solo shorts of Black Lightning and Atom, both of whom are also in the Justice League of the Young Justice cartoon. In the first Atom solo animated short, it even starts with Atom talking to Hawkman bec. both are members of the Justice League and then after that, Atom crashes into the land of the tiny people.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.