New Justice League book/team by R. B. Silva?!?!?!

• 81 results
#1 Posted by SUNMAN (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

Head on over to R. B. Silva's Instagram to check out some more of these images: http://rbsilva.com/instagram/

so far the rooster looks like:

-Hawkman

-Boostergold

-Shazam

-Black Canary

-Batgirl

-Red Tornado

-Nightwing

thoughts on this? I think the artwork looks great

#2 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

Me like

#3 Posted by Squalleon (3062 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the new JLI.

God,Nightwing in JL! How awesome is that :-)

#4 Posted by longbowhunter (5872 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn I love this roster. Have to keep an eye out for this.

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11762 posts) - - Show Bio

meh

#6 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

meh

#7 Posted by Jodez (150 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be pure awesome.

#8 Posted by SUNMAN (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

on instagram if you go to his page the team is tagged as JLI but in talking to some people on twitter it doesn't seem like the titles been confirmed. But people seem clear it will be a JLI title.

Will see when this title sees the light of day and if the line up changes at all before than

#9 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

Throw Batgirl out and we're gravy :)

#10 Posted by SUNMAN (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

Throw Batgirl out and we're gravy :)

just throw her out or replace her with someone?

#11 Posted by The_Tree (6438 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm. I wonder how Booster's going to be in it, y'know, since he was seemingly erased from time.

#12 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN: I don't care. Lets face it, the only reason she got a spot on the team was because of her relationship with Nightwing. She's about as random as Catwoman in the JLA.

#13 Posted by SUNMAN (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

Hmmm. I wonder how Booster's going to be in it, y'know, since he was seemingly erased from time.

who knows with time travel, so many random things could have happened

@SmoothJammin: Does she have a relationship with Nightwing anymore? I thought all that got wiped. Batman's probably the one asking them to be on the team. I'm kind of surprised they dind't go with Batwoman to be honest but regardless I'm okay with it. This could be good for Barbara cause frankly I have not enjoyed the Batgirl book so far

#14 Edited by The_Tree (6438 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN: If it's a post-Trinity War series, I wouldn't be surprised if time altercations took place after dealing with Pandora in the event, which could possibly restore Booster's place in time.

#15 Edited by marvel123 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good.............is booster gold any good, maybe i'd trade him for captain atom or icon

#16 Posted by SUNMAN (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: interesting point. Yeah I'm never good at predicting time travel stuff so I'm curious to see what happened. I'll bet Rip Hunter is involved somehow

#17 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN:I wound up buying into all the Gail Simone hype and tried getting into Batgirl myself but it left me so disappointed. I called it a wrap with the series. Their existed some form of attraction between NW and BG, or so we're led to believe in early crossover issues although seemingly the chemistry wasn't meant to last. The last thing I want is a rehash of Dixon's Ice Queen babs aka ultimate cockblock.. Dick deserves better. He needs to fly free, as long as Barbara is around she will only tie him down.

#18 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (11762 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay!!!! finally we have a JLI composed mostly of white ame......WAITAMINUTE!!!!!!!!!!

#19 Posted by TDK_1997 (13740 posts) - - Show Bio

This may be the new Justice League International.

#20 Edited by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how this is the JLI. Most of its members are American. And this source hasn't been identified so they could just be sketches. Having said that this is an interesting roster. I love the fact Nightwing and Red Tornado are on the team as they were both fitting members during their tenure on the Pre New 52 JLA. But it is getting a bit ridiculous that Shazam, Hawkman and Black Canary would be on 2 JL teams at a time. And there are 3 JL teams already. Isn't that enough?

#21 Posted by Squalleon (3062 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

I don't see how this is the JLI. Most of its members are American. And this source hasn't been identified so they could just be sketches. Having said that this is an interesting roster. I love the fact Nightwing and Red Tornado are on the team as they were both fitting members during their tenure on the Pre New 52 JLA. But it is getting a bit ridiculous that Shazam, Hawkman and Black Canary would be on 2 JL teams at a time. And there are 3 JL teams already. Isn't that enough?

maybe they are the new Outsiders.

Also I don't believe Black Canary will be a permanent member of JL.

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27716 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN: It's not real Red Tornado is in Earth2

#23 Posted by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

@Lvenger said:

They don't look like Outsider material to me. Shazam I can see fitting given his new attitude and Red Tornado could feel rejected from society being a robot but aside from that the rest aren't Outsiders material to me.

#24 Edited by Squalleon (3062 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

You know that Earth 2 has a Flash and a Green Lantern right 0_o

The RT of earth 2 could be Cyclone

@Lvenger said:

@Squalleon said:

@Lvenger said:

They don't look like Outsider material to me. Shazam I can see fitting given his new attitude and Red Tornado could feel rejected from society being a robot but aside from that the rest aren't Outsiders material to me.

Hawkman is definetely Outsider material.And Canary was a Super Spy for Team 7.

It is possible.

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27716 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Except Cyclone isn't a robot and James already called the character "Tornado" not to mention the Green Lantern and Flash are totally different characters

#26 Posted by Squalleon (3062 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Except Cyclone isn't a robot and James already called the character "Tornado" not to mention the Green Lantern and Flash are totally different characters

So, Superman and batman of earth 2 was still Supes and bats.There could be two RT.

#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27716 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

So, Superman and batman of earth 2 was still Supes and bats.There could be two RT.

and thats the reason they died in the first issue, word on high says "no duplicates"

#28 Posted by Squalleon (3062 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

and thats the reason they died in the first issue, word on high says "no duplicates"

So we have the female RT in Earth 2 and the original in Earth-0

They will not be the same character.

#29 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27716 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

It's still the same character with a mechanical gender swap

#30 Posted by SUNMAN (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

@Lvenger said:

I doubt it. If DC does put out another Outsiders all info point to Katana being on the team

@Lvenger said:

I mean there are like 5 Avengers teams at any given moment I don't think its too big a deal its clearly a secondary type team

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

wait Red Tornado made in appearance on Earth 2?

#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27716 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN: yea

#32 Posted by Squalleon (3062 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Doesn't change the fact that there could be two RT.

I much as you can't believe it.

#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27716 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Squalleon said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Doesn't change the fact that there could be two RT.

I much as you can't believe it.

Other than the fact DC said no duplicates?

As much as you can't believe this might just be sketches

#34 Edited by Squalleon (3062 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: If you look at the comments on the site.

Silva says that this is a project and he can't talk about it because it is too early.

No they are not just sketches.

And how exactly the female earth 2 RT we only saw in one panel is the same with a RT that's haven't even been introduced yet!

#35 Posted by Squalleon (3062 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27716 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: yea comments on the interweb are totally legit

#37 Posted by Squalleon (3062 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Squalleon: yea comments on the interweb are totally legit

Well the creators usually don't comment at all about rumors.

But Silva said that this is a project in action and in it's early stages so i don't see why i shouldn't hope it's real.

#38 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27716 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: until DC actually comes out an says this is a new JL book I'm gonna ignore it

#39 Posted by Squalleon (3062 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Squalleon: until DC actually comes out an says this is a new JL book I'm gonna ignore it

Good for you.

#40 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (11762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

@Lvenger said:

worst Outsiders team ever.

#41 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Intrigued, but they could just be sketches

#42 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is for real, I'm totally down for it. Great roster.

#43 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Dr. Morrow mentioned his "Weather Machine" in JL 16, and Silas said they didn't need androids, and if they did he'd got to Dr Magnus. Sounds like Red Tornando to me.

#44 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27716 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: Well thats another way to make Earth-2 less unique, more redundant and more confusing

#45 Posted by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

Intrigued, but they could just be sketches

This still. Even with Silva's comments, they look more like sketches rather than concept art for an unannounced project.

#46 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer to just forget earth 2 and let dc put all the properties on main earth 21st century. Main earth already has Stargirl, Sylvester Pemberton and Pat Dugan. Main earth can also use a main earth Solomon Grundy on secret society. Dr Fate on main earth might one day be popular enough to compete with marvel's Dr Strange. The concept seems valid since it is similar to Batwing on JLI. Now they might try Batgirl and Dick Grayson and maybe also Superboy to help boost the sales of JLI. Maybe they might even get James Robinson to write Dick Grayson in a Justice League again.

#47 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@KnightRise: Well thats another way to make Earth-2 less unique, more redundant and more confusing

Multiple versions of characters shouldn't be confusing at all to someone who reads comicbooks. And Red Tornado doesn't belong on Earth 2; he's Silver Age not Golden Age. He was in the JSA recently, but not back in the 40s/50s. Earth 2 isn't totally restricted to original/GA characters, either. Robinson used Kendra Saunders rather than Shiera Sanders and Dr. Fate's name will be Khalid.

#48 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27716 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: that was the point in the "no duplicates" rule, DC said that Earth-2 was to confusing and now there doing it all over again also this a stupid line-up, all it is, is a JLA/JL hash.

#49 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Tornado is valid in both main earth and earth 2. Historically, a Red Tornado was in the golden age. For silver age onwards, Red Tornado is more known as somebody on main earth. For main earth, there seems to be no place for a hawk female right now since they prefer to focus on Hawkman. Similarly, focusing on Captain Marvel shazam means no mary marvel/junior/lieutenant marvels. I think a rebooted Dr Fate on main earth has promise. Pre-coie, Dr Fate was a regular back up in Flash. Post-coie, Dr Fate managed to have several regular series. I think DC should try a rebooted Dr Fate again on main earth. It is ok to let earth 2 have an egyptian Dr Fate. People are used to duplicates on other dimensions bec. of sci fi tv shows.

#50 Posted by SavageDragon (2173 posts) - - Show Bio

Post trinity war maybe

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.