My thoughts on the new JLA lineup artwork

Posted by MattDemers (362 posts) - - Show Bio
  • I don’t like Flash’s new mask. If my assumption that it's Barry is correct, it looks much too futuristic for him. It's unnecessary highlighting (especially the chin strap) for something that's worked perfectly for so long.
  • Cyborg’s body looks really bad. I preferred it when he didn’t look like Doomsday.
  • Aquaman’s collar makes me smile. I'm glad to see he's stayed relatively the same. His hand's off-panel. Hmm.
  • I really miss Wonder Woman’s jacket. Her boobs must be held in there by super Amazonian double-stick tape. She also looks very… diminutive? Diana looks tiny compared to the rest of them.
  • As Chris pointed out, Hal looks like he’s overcompensating for something. The placement of the minigun is unfortunate.
  • I’m kind of missing Supes’ red briefs. I know that’s something very nitpicky, but it makes his character look too alien. Also, his collar looks a bit too garish. I don’t know why his doesn’t fit in while Aquaman’s does, but… hey! Hal’s got the exact same collar! Lazy art, or did they just visit all the same tailor?
#1 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11715 posts) - - Show Bio

i like it all.  (note-im not bashing your opinion, im just stating my own)

Cy looks like a tank, a bad dangerous mama jama 

i doubt Hal walks around with a big gun in place of his crotch 

wonder womans boobies are held in place by ancient amazonian magic
#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

The looks are definitely unique to say the least. I guess they'll just need getting used to.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them with the exception of Flash. Not sure how I feel about Cyborg on this team. Where's MM?

#4 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

They look cool.I'm happy to see that Supes lost the underwear to be honest.

#5 Posted by StarKiller809 (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that art is really good. 

If this was just s coustume change and not a revamp, I would be totally okay with it. 
-Superman's new coustume dosen't look so bad. 
-Aquaman, Green Lantern, Flash, and Batman coustumes have changed very little. 
-Wonder Woman's coustume is something I think looks 10 times better then the current one.
#6 Posted by Jake Fury (17922 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the Metrosexual League of America! Look at those haircuts and popped collars!
#7 Posted by Jake Fury (17922 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman looks the best. I don't like Flash's chinstrap either.
#8 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg and Flash look like they are on steroids. Other than that, I like them.

#9 Posted by djotaku (440 posts) - - Show Bio

Love your comment about WW's top.  In real life with a costume like that she'd be like those girls at the club that are constantly pulling up their tube tops to keep from flashing the entire club.

I like Bat's costume - it looks like a mix of his original blue/grey costume and the new one.

#10 Posted by Vitality (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing I would change...is Wonder Womans silver to gold.
#11 Edited by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like WW's costume on this cover, but in the other art it looks pretty okay, which as ringing an endorsement as I'm prepared to give it right now. 

I'm also not keen on the silver, but I'm not sure I'd switch it to gold. Maybe a shiny bronze.

#12 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.