My Justice League Movie

#1 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

Director- Brad Bird, Producer- JJ Abrams

Keep it close to the New52 comics for brand synergy, and keep it small so everyone has enough screen time IMO

#2 Posted by TheCannon (18732 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the heck would you not have Martian Manhunter.

#3 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@TheCannon said:

This...Martian Manhunter is the most important Justice league member and the coolest

1, he takes up unnecessary screen time because he's not even a popular character. 2, He's too powerful. 3, Can you name any memorable/iconic Martian Manhunter stories? 4, I just find him terribly boring. 5, He swagger jacks Superman and I can't have that. 6, there are may version of the Justice League without MMH, and his absence is nbd, so move on.

#4 Posted by TheCannon (18732 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@TheCannon said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@TheCannon said:

This...Martian Manhunter is the most important Justice league member and the coolest

1, he takes up unnecessary screen time because he's not even a popular character. 2, He's too powerful. 3, Can you name any memorable/iconic Martian Manhunter stories? 4, I just find him terribly boring. 5, He swagger jacks Superman and I can't have that.

1. And Cyborg is?

2. Town him down. They did in the Justice League cartoon.

3. Is the Ghosts of Mars considered a MM story? Plus, name me one for Cyborg.

4. I find Superman boring, yet he's in my League movie. And Cyborg isn't boring?

5. Again, town his power down.

#5 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: @BlueLantern1995 said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@TheCannon said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@TheCannon said:

1, he takes up unnecessary screen time because he's not even a popular character. 2, He's too powerful. 3, Can you name any memorable/iconic Martian Manhunter stories? 4, I just find him terribly boring. 5, He swagger jacks Superman and I can't have that.

To adress your errors one at a time:

1. Martian Manhunter is way more popular than Cyborg so your point isn't valid
  2. Superman is on your list so this is once again invalid
  3. That is Martian Manhunter's character. He is supporting the team, he is the glue that holds the team together.
  4. Most people find Cyborg incredibly boring
  5. I do not understand what you meant by that...I litterally do not know what you said.

1 Cyborg bring what MMH doesn't--racial diversity. Oh, and powers that no one else on the team has.

2 Superman can be taken down or over powered. With MMH's skills like telekinesis and Shapeshifting, he should be unbeatable. Plus having that many powerhouses is dumb. Oh, and I dislike psychics.

3 Lame. Lame. Lame. The team should be all alphas.

4 I don't, and did you read the thread title?

5 Too many similarities powerwise to the MOS, so it makes the MOS seem a little less special.

Also, read the thread title. There's no false advertising. I said MY league. It's not designed for you. Dur. If you don't like it, leave. MMH sucks IMO.

#6 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

Keep it close to the New52 comics for brand synergy, and keep it small so everyone has enough screen time IMO

Director- Brad Bird, Producer- JJ Abrams

Opening Theme:

I like Ryan as Batman, and I like the roster

#7 Posted by monkeyonurback_ (84 posts) - - Show Bio

i think this is a good lineup..i wish they'd just make each character's movie before the JLA film that's what's going to cause it to fail so bad =/

#8 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7849 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman >>> Martian Manhunter

#9 Posted by preptimecomics (5 posts) - - Show Bio

http://preptimecomics.blogspot.com/ Read my blog and respond with your thoughts in the comments. I love hearing honesty and love good discussions, so be sure to comment and follow.

#10 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

Gosling as Bruce?! 0_0

Maybe I need to catch up on some of his new work cuz I think of him as too much of a softie.

#11 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001 said:

Gosling as Bruce?! 0_0

Maybe I need to catch up on some of his new work cuz I think of him as too much of a softie.

Same.

@OutlawRenegade: If you want some diversity you should switch out Hal Jordon for John Stewart.

#12 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

If you switch Gosling with Jonn Hamm or Micheal Fessbender it would work.

#13 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001 said:

Gosling as Bruce?! 0_0

@DarkKnightDetective said:

If you switch Gosling with Jonn Hamm or Micheal Fessbender it would work.

@Vortex13 said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

Gosling as Bruce?! 0_0

Same.

#14 Posted by coolsam125 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Henry Cavil or Tom Welling-Superman

Christian Bale-Batman

Angelina Jolie or Cobie Smulders- Wonder Woman

Owen Wilson-Barry Allen (Flash)

Ryan Reynolds-Hal Jordan (Green Lantern)

Paul Walker- Aquaman

Denzel Washington- Martian Manhunter

Ben Affelek- Green Arrow

Vin Diesel- Lex Luther

Marion Cotillard-Tahlia al Ghul

Blake Lively- Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire

Ashley Judd-Cheetah

Christopher Nolan- Director

#15 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

Make Superman black, replace Hal Jordan with John Stewart, and put in Martian Manhunter and you have a perfect movie.

#16 Posted by darktiger (4566 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolsam125 said:

Christian Bale-Batman

Paul Walker- Aquaman

Ben Affelek- Green Arrow

Vin Diesel- Lex Luther

Ashley Judd-Cheetah

agreed

#17 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

martain manhunter or no film

#18 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arkhamc1tizen: Just stop

#19 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

People, if you have to work this hard to convince people Martian Manhunter doesn't suck, he sucks. He's obscure, overpowered (even compared to Superman), and has overlapping themes with the other founders. He doesn't even have the name recognition of Aquaman, who might be made fun of but people still knew who he was.

#20 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting thoughts. Although Darkseid is the logical choice, there are two issues with that:

1. People might think that the JLA film is copying the Avengers in terms of an alien invasion and Darkseid being very similar to Thanos.

2. If you use Darkseid's New 52 incarnation, all you're left with is a super powerful brute which lacks the intelligence and dictatorial megolamania of his pre New 52 incarnation. We got little backstory on Darkseid and he was reduced to the status of a powerful villain the League had difficulty fighting rather than a galactic tyrant responsible for calling the shots in several major comic book storylines. One of the problems I had with the New 52 is that if they wanted a big super powerful threat, there were plenty of other choices.

#21 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: what martain manhunter is the best justice league member(tied with batman)

#22 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

If i could pick the Director and writer and such, i'd go with David S. Goyer. Yes, he's made soem bad movies, but he also wrote the Story of Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel. I feel that he is one of few people who could actually write/direct Justice league and get it to work.

#23 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arkhamc1tizen said:

@OutlawRenegade: what martain manhunter is the best justice league member(tied with batman)

That's all down to opinion though. Superman is my favourite Justice League member but that doesn't make him the best. It's all subjective really. And OutlawRenegade is of the opinion that Cyborg makes for a better Justice League founder than MM. That's not something I agree with but then again I don't think MM works as a League founder. The good thing about the New 52 is that he's out on his own amongst Stormwatch and soon on a new JLA series. MM's far too powerful and smart to be overshadowed by the other Big 6 on the main Justice League.

#24 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: im okay with this except gosling as batman , NO.

and i agree that having MM and supes on same team for a movie is overkill

#25 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@OutlawRenegade: im okay with this except gosling as batman , NO.

and i agree that having MM and supes on same team for a movie is overkill

What about Charlie Hunman as Batman?

#26 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: can see him as aquaman , pine as batman, and bradley cooper as flash

#27 Posted by btmt (222 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolsam125 said:

Christian Bale-Batman

Paul Walker- Aquaman

Ben Affelek- Green Arrow

Vin Diesel- Lex Luther

Ashley Judd-Cheetah

Totally Agreed.

Christian Bale is the right choice for modern batman.

I'm not being rude but ryan gosling will be bad choice for new Batman.

May be Jared Padalecki will be better as new Batman.

#28 Posted by TheGraySon (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Chris Pine and Ryan Gosling if youre going with a younger version of the heroes. Dont know about Cyborgs actor.

#29 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13155 posts) - - Show Bio

MM fans stop!!! You're making us look like freaking Raindrops....Is that what you want? Having an opinion is one thing but this is ridiculous.

#30 Posted by TheGraySon (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Aquaman isnt part of this but i think Alexander Skarsgard fits perfectly.. If he got a little more buff.

#31 Posted by coolsam125 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait instead of Vin Diesel as Lex luthor, Pitbull is a better choice and Justin Hartley as Green Arrow.

#32 Posted by Tyrus (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Warner Brothers are gonna go with lesser-known actors to portray their characters unlike Marvel has done - but hopefully this time the list won't disappoint us, unlike the one back in 2007/2008 - MAN, that was terrible...

#33 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#34 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one wondering why you chose the Bird/Abrams director/producer combo?

The two have done one film together, MI: Ghost Protocol. I just wondered what about that film made them your go-to choice.

#35 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery said:

Am I the only one wondering why you chose the Bird/Abrams director/producer combo?

The two have done one film together, MI: Ghost Protocol. I just wondered what about that film made them your go-to choice.

Bird directs because if you count MI: GP, then he's directed 2 superhero(ish) films with several leads. He knows how to tell serious, lightherted stories without seeming to take himself too seriously.

Abrams produces because he did Star Trek, a film with a large cast, millions of dollars worth of special effects, and a good story. Plus he did characters with decades of history Justice.

#36 Posted by Red_Jack (285 posts) - - Show Bio

ZOMG!!

You should defo have aquaman and j'onn. cyborg can bugger off. I think the original poster is alone on the cyborg opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.