More "exclusive" rumors from CosmicBookNews

#1 Edited by Bludhaven (32 posts) - - Show Bio

CosmicBookNews has posted some interesting rumors surrounding the Justice League movie.

• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.

• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn't really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.

• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man's world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script MichaelGoldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.

• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.

• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.

• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.

• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.

• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.

• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.

• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.

• Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.

CosmicBookNews has in the past posted correct information about certain films prior to their release so it is possible that there could be some truth in this, however they have also been wrong on several occasions so I'd take this with a pinch of salt for now. What do you think?

#2 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many characters. Needs more Cyborg. I don't believe any of this--especially the ideas that the Ryan Reynolds GL and Man of Steel Superman are in the same universe and that Flash can exist in a Man of Steel or Dark Knight universe. He just doesn't make sense in terms of origin, powers, or villains in a realistic universe.

This is clearly a rumor article or the movie will be *****. I choose to believe the former.

Warner should take some notes:

All you need is DC's highest selling heroes (Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern) to bring people in. And you need people who will help build the world and increase diversity. Wonder Woman and Cyborg do that. Wonder Woman brings magic to the universe, and Cyborg brings the ridiculously advanced tech.

After Justice League, give everyone solo films, establish Flash as a Superman fan who somehow gets powers. Cameo Martian Manhunter. Give Aquaman and Shazam movies. Have Cyborg recruit new members. Then do a Justice League sequel and more solo films for Hawkman, Booster Gold, etc.

#3 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: I don't care, no Gosling! He has no top lip, and thats just ugly.

#4 Posted by SUNMAN (7227 posts) - - Show Bio

this rumor is probably fake........I really hope its fake

#5 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3504 posts) - - Show Bio
@KnightRise: How dare you insult The Gosling? How DARE you?!
#6 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: u dunno what beauty is.

#7 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

also this cant be true. cyborg is in the film

#8 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The real line up is probably Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, plus Wonder Woman and Flash. I am not even sure if they will throw in Cyborg in the first movie and Cyborg might need to wait for the 2nd movie. Fan fiction tends to include Martian Manhunter which everyone is quite sure will not be in the first Justice League movie.

#9 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

I like what I hear.

#10 Edited by Shutdown (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. The idea of Darkseid's Elite being the villains seems like a good idea because that should stop most of the Avengers 2- Justice League comparison. Steppenwolf plus the Furies and others should definitely be enough of a threat. I hope Martian Manhunter is in the League because most of the public know of him from the JLU series. Marvel sold Avengers not just to comic book fans but the general public as well. That's what WB has to do. which I think means they should go with J'onn over Vic because Vic is more known for being part of the TT. If this film is successful, then they should definitely go for a TT film.

I'd love to see some cameos like Orion, Barda, Mr Miracle, G. Gordon Godfrey,Dr Impossible and maybe even Knockout an a certain Parademon

#11 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see : Kalibak vs Superman, Kanto vs Batman, Lashina vs Wonder Woman, Mantis vs Green Lantern, Black Racer vs Flash, Bedlam vs Cyborg, Slig vs Aquaman, Steppenwolf vs Martian.

#12 Posted by Shutdown (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: Steppenwolf vs Martian Manhunter is a really good match as are the other ones.

#13 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice info, didnt say whoes potraying batman though

hehe

#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12879 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

I like what I hear.

me too.

@colonyofcells said:

I would like to see : Kalibak vs Superman, Kanto vs Batman, Lashina vs Wonder Woman, Mantis vs Green Lantern, Black Racer vs Flash, Bedlam vs Cyborg, Slig vs Aquaman, Steppenwolf vs Martian.

i would have picked Kanto for J'onn considering their history

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@KnightRise said:

That dude was born to play Aquaman, I'v no idea why everyone casts him as Bats
#16 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@KnightRise said:

Batman

Bruce Wayne

I like how people say he should play timid Barry Allen or angry Aquaman just because he's blonde. We have invented hair die, and it's not like Val Kilmer (blonde) was a bad Batman. Oh, and he'll be wearing a cowl anyway.

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superdork said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@KnightRise said:

Batman

Bruce Wayne

I like how people say he should play timid Barry Allen or angry Aquaman just because he's blonde. We have invented hair die, and it's not like Val Kilmer (blonde) was a bad Batman. Oh, and he'll be wearing a cowl anyway.

It's nothing to do with his hair, hie personality is exactly like Aquaman
#18 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: I read Aquaman, and I disagree. He's more of a Batman. But I respect your opinion and your right to have it.

#19 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

so this is what i've surmised from this thread: i need to see drive right now!

#20 Posted by Lvenger (19121 posts) - - Show Bio

Take it with a healthy pinch of salt people. Rumours spring up all the time. I'll wait for some official information before judging. Though I remain heavily sceptical about the Justice League film for all the right reasons.

#21 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Gosling as Flash.

Hopefully Aquaman and Superman will steal the show.

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superdork: I think he can play a stoic, badass that takes no nonsense better than an angry, distrustful one 

@theTimeStreamer: it's a good film
#23 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@The_Tree said:

I like what I hear.

me too.

@colonyofcells said:

i would have picked Kanto for J'onn considering their history

So do I. This actually sounds really good.

I'm okay with either MM or Cyborg because you could bring either of them into the second or third movie if they don't get in the first.

The only person that isn't in the main three that I would be super upset if left out is Aquaman. Seriously, we need to wipe away the image Superfriends threw on him..

#24 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on the rumors, it will probably be similar to the last season 10 of Smallville TV. Smallville adapted Legends and Smallville used Godfrey, Desaad, Granny, and Mad Harriet.

#25 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Superdork: I think he can play a stoic, badass that takes no nonsense better than an angry, distrustful one

We have pretty different ideas of who Batman and Aquaman are.

My Batman--the Denny O'Neil, Scott Snyder, Bruce Timm Batman--is stoic and rarely displays real anger. He's cold and he's no nonsense. And that can be his flaw. That's why Gosling is my choice for Batman.

Your "angry, distrustful" Batman sounds like something Frank Miller dreamed up.

My Aquaman--the Peter David, Geoff Johns, Bruce Timm, Grant Morrison Aquaman--is angry and distrustful, but he's noble and regal too. Yes, he's passionate, but he has every right to be with all the crap his people put up with like oil spills and pollution. He's got a King Leonidas or Thor thing going. That's why Armie Hammer is my choice to play Aquaman.

Your Aquaman sounds like Cyclops. You need to read more Aquaman than the present-day Geoff Johns stuff before you tell me who Aquaman is.

@Funrush said:

The only person that isn't in the main three that I would be super upset if left out is Aquaman. Seriously, we need to wipe away the image Superfriends threw on him..

Aquaman is always going to be a joke no matter how many good movies starring him come out. Look at Batman--he's had great movies and he's respected--but people still make gay jokes about him and Robin. People still bring up the Adam West 1960s Batman for laughs. Heck--that's all Batman: The Brave and The Bold was. Just google Batman jokes. Sure a movie can get Aquaman more respect but the jokes will never stop--they are too fun and too easy. One of the reason's Geoff Johns's Aquaman has succeeded is because he's embraced those jokes.

#26 Edited by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@Funrush said:

Aquaman is always going to be a joke no matter how many good movies starring him come out. Look at Batman--he's had great movies and he's respected--but people still make gay jokes about him and Robin. People still bring up the Adam West 1960s Batman for laughs. Heck--that's all Batman: The Brave and The Bold was. Just google Batman jokes. Sure a movie can get Aquaman more respect but the jokes will never stop--they are too fun and too easy. One of the reason's Geoff Johns's Aquaman has succeeded is because he's embraced those jokes.

Yeah, but that's different. Batman has a wide array of different adaptations in TV and movies, the majority of which are respected upon non-comic fans, minus Brave and the Bold and the Adam West show, which you mentioned.

All Aquaman really has is Superfriends (although he did make appearances in the JL cartoon) and that's basically the only thing that the non-comic reading people know of him. A badass interpretation of him in a huge blockbuster movie could seriously boost his reputation.

#27 Posted by Krissyjump (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

I have to agree. I cringe every single time I see him suggested as Batman.

#28 Posted by Black_Claw (2958 posts) - - Show Bio

Not believing this rumor for a second. I think it's more likely DC is going to use its current line up for the movie. Martian Manhunter should be saved for a sequel IMO.

#29 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

Gosling IS Batman

#30 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

And the OP better be a rumor.

#31 Edited by Krissyjump (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

Gosling IS Batman

Gosling is an absolutely terrific actor, but he's not Batman. The features of his face are too soft, and I don't think he has the voice for it.

#32 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Krissyjump said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

Gosling IS Batman

Gosling is an absolutely terrific actor, but he's not Batman. The features of his face are too soft, and I don't think he has the voice for it.

No one thought Heath could be the Joker either...

Gosling has Bruce's face--a handsome one. And he has the chin to pull of the cowl.

Furthermore, his resume shows that he'd be perfect for Bats. Some videos in this thread help to illustrate why.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.