List which JLA members you would include in a Justice League Film

#1 Posted by Lvenger (19346 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty simple really. State which members you would like to see in a future Justice League film if DC ever get round to doing it. Oh couple of rules:

1. No Superman or Batman. I learnt in a forum here couple months ago that Batman's off limits due to the fact Nolan doesn't see his version of Batman mixing well with the superpowered JLA whereas apparently Superman is not going to be included in the future Justice League film as he would steal the show from the other characters.
2. No more than 7 members in the JLA film
3. State which heroes you would first include in their own feature length film and which heroes you would only include in the actual JLA film. I know this is similar to the Avengers route but imo it's a good tactic.

You can go into further details if you wish. Feel free to comment away!

#2 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio

Own films:  
Green Lantern  
Flash 
Wonder Woman  

JL only: 
Aquaman  
Hawkman  
Wonder Twins :P

Villians: 
Zoom 
Sinestro  
#3 Edited by Lvenger (19346 posts) - - Show Bio

My ideal movie Justice League would be:

1. Green Lantern - Hal Jordan (Already has own film)
2. The Flash - Barry Allen (Possibly will have own film in the future)
3. Wonder Woman (Feature in own film first)
4. Martian Manhunter - Superman replacement (Feature in own film first)
5. Hawkman - Batman replacement to keep this superpowered team grounded, similar to Hawkeye in Avengers (JL film only)
6. The Atom - Brings some intelligence to the team (JL Only)  
7. Black Canary - Adds a woman's touch to the team and brings spunk as well (Appears first in JLA film)

#4 Posted by jakeeboi17 (4363 posts) - - Show Bio

Ideal JLA Film.  
1 - Back Canary
2 - Zatanna
3 - Fire 
4 - Ice 
5 - Martian Manhunter 
6 - Green Arrow 
7 - Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

#5 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman-Henry Cavill 
Batman-Christian Bale 
Green Lantern-Ryan Reynolds 
Wonder Woman-(whoever's palying her in the TV series) 
Flash-Bradley Cooper 

Director-Christopher Nolan or Zack Snyder.
#6 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123 said:
"Director-Christopher Nolan or Zack Snyder. "

How bout.... Nolan AND Snyder. Let that sit with you for a while..... 

#7 Posted by Lvenger (19346 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123:  Sorry but I did say no Superman or Batman for the reasons I've already provided
#8 Posted by humanfly26 (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

1.) Green Lantern (featured in own film first)
2.) Flash (featured in own film first)
3.) Black Canary
4.) Martian Manhunter
5.) Aquaman
6.) Green Arrow - aids throughout film, joins team at end of movie

Essentially it would be JLA: Year One. I didn't include Wonder Woman because I think she would draw too much attention away from the other characters (like Superman or Batman would).

#9 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio
@cpt_linger said:
"@Moomin123 said:
"Director-Christopher Nolan or Zack Snyder. "

How bout.... Nolan AND Snyder. Let that sit with you for a while.....   "

Zack Snyder directing and Christopher Nolan co-directing a JLA movie...that's the greatest sentence ever formed. 
#10 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

superman 
batman
wonder woman
green lantern hal
flash   wally west
martian manhunter
 hawk girl

support   / cameo
 atom
aqua man
black canary
green arrow
mr Terrific
 zatana
 eventually young justice    spin  off

#11 Edited by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman 
Barry Allen
Hawkman 
Atom
Martian Manhunter 
Green arrow
Black canary

Solo Films first:

Green Arrow  and Black Canary in a movie
Aquman
The Flash.

#12 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern (as others have said, got his own film) 
Flash (Barry) - possibly get his own film
Martian Manhunter - more than just a "green Superman" - would be good to see him use his invisibility powers, for example. 
Wonder Woman - increased popularity / awareness of the character due to upcoming TV series 
Zatanna 
Black Canary 
Hawkman 

I would also include another female character to make the team gender equal - possibly Batgirl or Huntress

#13 Posted by Bearded Justice (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord, duh.  and possibly played by Ed Helms) 
Booster Gold 
Fire 
Ice 
Captain Atom 
Black Canary 
Martian Manhunter 

this is quite obviously just the JLI 
id do the movie kinda like a comedy/action film and have it very light-hearted.  id like Ted to sort of be the main character, or at least the character we are introduced to this world through  (a la wolverine in x-men 1?)    i did make some casting choices for the others in a thread long time ago   aaannnnddd i could probably post it here buuuttt im not going to 
oh and i wouldnt have any of these characters in a movie before this one, as i feel none of them could hold their own.  
#14 Edited by WhitOro (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Atom, Plastic Man, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Flash (Barry Allen), Hal Jordan, The Question (Vic Sage).
#15 Posted by Kozmik (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Flash (Barry Allen), Martian Manhunter, Aquaman. 

I don't see how this can work any other way, quite frankly. The Justice League of America finally showing up on the silver screen with less than their best is a death sentence in my opinion. Superman and Batman are above and beyond. Snyder and Nolan's work on them respectively can be viewed as prestige and definitive and does not need to fit in to the world of the Justice League (like All-Star Superman to the rest of the DC Universe). Besides, Nolan's Batman work ends soon, so he will eventually have no say. 

If Green Lantern is any good, this movie should fit into that continuity. I already heard that John Stewart will make a cameo appearance in the film. The League should face something big. I'm thinking so big that it takes the Green Lanterns out of commission for the duration of the film causing the Oans to scamper for replacements. John is Hal's stand-in who realizes that the cosmic threat is centered on Earth and requires the attention of the world's most powerful heroes. 

Flash and Wonder Woman should be featured in their solo movies before this. Furthermore, This movie should be the first of a thematic trilogy.

#16 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

I would at least like to have a Superman and Batman cameo or something.... 

These people should get their own movies first!
1.) Wonder Woman  
2.) Green Lantern 
3.) Flash  

These people should make their first apperance in the film 
4.) Martian Manhunter 
5.) Aquaman 
6.) Zatanna (To have a scene where her and Wonder Woman totaly kick some ass) 
7.) Hawkman (I'm not sure about the 7th place. It could really be anyone)
#17 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio
For a feature length theatrically released animated movie 

Hawkman (Katar Hol)
Barry Allen
Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson)

Kyle Rayner 
Wonder Woman 
Aquaman 
Superman-you just can't do an animated JLA movie without him.
#18 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
Ideally:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Flash 
Aquaman
Martian Manhunter

But if they do it without Superman and Batman, i'd accept that. Other heroes i'd like to see on the big screen with the JLA:
Green Arrow and the Atom

I feel like Hawkman, Black Canary, Zatanna, and the rest of the classic JLA crew wouldn't really work for a JLA movie. maybe in a sequel or seomthing

#19 Posted by Kairan1979 (16730 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Flash

#20 Posted by RYU/BATMAN (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman
Superman
Hal Jordan
Wild Cat
Flash
Wally West
Jay - Flash 1
Wonder Woman (The Actress who plays here in the new tv show)

#21 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
J'onn J'onzz
Red Tornado
Zatanna Zatara
Kent Nelson
Scott Free
Kara Zor-L
Jason Blood
#22 Posted by KJPPPimp (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if anyone remembers Wizard's Ultimate DC article from way back but I thought it would be the perfect set up for a JL movie. Set up Superman, Batman, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Flash (Barry Allen) and Wonder Woman in their own franchises then Martian Manhunter can bring them all together in a League movie to face a world threatening villain (I think they used Despero).

#23 Edited by A_O_N (352 posts) - - Show Bio

WW
GL
Flash
Zatanna
MM
Aquaman
Atom

First 3 should get their own movie.
P.S. I actually read the opening posts =P

#24 Posted by War Killer (20138 posts) - - Show Bio

My JLA:

• Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Green Lantern (I'd personal love to have Kyle though...)
  • Flash
  • Zatanna
  • Atom
#25 Posted by Dumbseid (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

I feel like Hawkman, Black Canary, Zatanna, and the rest of the classic JLA crew wouldn't really work for a JLA movie.

I think youre right about this

#26 Posted by Comic_Sans96 (13 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

The main 7 of the DCnU JL.

#28 Posted by Hector (446 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Wonder Woman
  • Zatanna
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman
  • Aquaman
  • Hawkgirl
#29 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@KJPPPimp said:

I don't know if anyone remembers Wizard's Ultimate DC article from way back but I thought it would be the perfect set up for a JL movie. Set up Superman, Batman, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Flash (Barry Allen) and Wonder Woman in their own franchises then Martian Manhunter can bring them all together in a League movie to face a world threatening villain (I think they used Despero).

OR

But no (permanent) faceplate on Cyborg

#30 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@KJPPPimp said:

OR

yes

#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (14704 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern,Black Canary,Green Arrow,Martian Manhunter,Wonder Woman,Hawkgirl,Flash.

#32 Posted by Captain13 (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@KJPPPimp said:

OR

yes

#33 Posted by Lvenger (19346 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh forgot I made this thread. I've been finding a few old threads of mine recently. I wonder if there are any others?

#34 Posted by Supermansito (197 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Moomin123: Sorry but I did say no Superman or Batman for the reasons I've already provided

Sorry but i cant find myself watching a JL without superman -.-

#35 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Solo films:

• Green Lantern- A reboot to replace that green piece of garbage. Starring Kyle Rayner as Hal's protege. Hal goes bad as Paralax, and is the film's main antagonist. At the end credits, it's revealed that Hal is now the Spectre, and is quietly observing Earth's champions, and is anticipating the arrival of the Apokolips. He's seen in every other solo film, but not saying a word. Just attending.
  • Flash- He'd get two films, much like Iron Man did prior to the Avengers. Barry Allen used to be the Flash, but passed the mantle onto his nephew Wally, while he stays at home and concentrates on raising a family. The first film's main antagonist is Mirror Master, and the second film's is Zoom.
  • Wonder Woman- Have it set entirely in Themyscara (sp?) and Hell (or wherever Ares is, because he's the villain.). Introduce the concept of her even thinking about going to "the man's world" at the very end. This film would introduce Felix Foust at the end credits, who is a worshiper of Darkseid. He arrives on Themyscara to obtain a bible-like book that summons the Apokolips.

Justice League movie:

Plot-

Felix Foust summons Darkseid for him to conquer the planet. Darkseid has dealt with many planets before (including Mars way back when), but Earth has an essence that he yearns. So he gathers a multitude of creatures and pretty much begins hell on Earth. From the oceans, he releases the Starros (the little starfish-looking things). From the skies, he releases the Parademons (or whatever they're called). Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and the Martian Manhunter not only fend Darkseid off, but they liberate many of the prisoners on Apocolyps (who are later revealed as the New Gods, Mr. Miracle and Barda).

• Aquaman- When the big city is in the middle of the fight that establishes the mini-villains (in this case, Starro), have Aquaman say that these creatures have been pouring out of the deepest ocean trenches and have been leveling Atlantis. He knows the air-breathers are too simple-minded to know what this is about, so it must be the doing of something else. Atlantean prophecies read that such creatures would bring about the "end of days," and that "the five champions will destroy the dark one." This is the King Arthur-type Aquaman. He's strongly attracted to WW, the leader.
  • Martian Manhunter- He's a prisoner on Apokolips. Long ago, upon the slaughter of the Green Martians, the White Martians captured him and they struck a deal with Darseid. Darkseid later destroys Mars, leaving it as the barren wasteland it is today. Darkseid uses MM as the telepathic link to direct the Parademons and Starros to pretty much raise hell on Earth. He's liberated by Kyle and Wally, who've just been transported in via boom tube (which Spectre was responsible for).

At the end, the Justice League are the best superhero team ever, and the government gives them the Watchtower, and all that other cool stuff. Specter is having one of those meetings with all those really powerful people, like the wizard Shazam, Ganthet, Phantom Stranger, and the leader of the New Gods. That meeting will set up the next JLA threat, a Captain Marvel movie, the sequel to GL, and a New Gods film.

#36 Edited by Lvenger (19346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supermansito: Although I'm not sure now whether what I've said in the OP still applies, I do feel Superman and Batman would kind of steal the show from the other heroes. Imagine if Spider-Man and Wolverine were in the Avengers. One is the amongst the most well known superheroes of all time whereas all of the X-Men films were taken up by Wolverine. I wouldn't want that happening in a Justice League movie.

@Gambit1024: Wow. Just wow. Awesome ideas as usual. If I were working for Warner Bros, you'd be hired instantly. But if guys like us can come up with good ideas for a Justice League movie why can't Warner Bros?

#37 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3765 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Batman

Wonder Woman

John Stewart

Martian Manhunter

Flash

Aquaman

#38 Posted by TheCannon (18319 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Pretty simple really. State which members you would like to see in a future Justice League film if DC ever get round to doing it. Oh couple of rules: 1. No Superman or Batman. I learnt in a forum here couple months ago that Batman's off limits due to the fact Nolan doesn't see his version of Batman mixing well with the superpowered JLA whereas apparently Superman is not going to be included in the future Justice League film as he would steal the show from the other characters. 2. No more than 7 members in the JLA film 3. State which heroes you would first include in their own feature length film and which heroes you would only include in the actual JLA film. I know this is similar to the Avengers route but imo it's a good tactic. You can go into further details if you wish. Feel free to comment away!
  • Flash (Barry) - Bradley Cooper (leader)
  • Green Lantern (Hal) - Ryan Reynolds
  • Wonder Woman - Yvonne Strahvoski
  • Martian Manhunter - Doug Jones?
  • Aquaman - Alexander Skarsgard
  • Huntress-Gina Carano

WW, Flash, and Aquaman would get a lead in movie. I'm tying it into the GL movie. Manhunter and Huntress come in without a lead in film, although Huntress gets a spin-off while Manhunter gets a prequel.

#39 Posted by CaptainLantern76 (551 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Superman WILL appear in the Justice League film now. Man of Steel will be set in the same universe, and Batman will be rebooted in the film. So...my lineup is the original team. But if they weren't appearing, this would be my lineup:

Wonder Woman (Megan Gale)

Flash II (Ryan Kwanten)

Green Lantern II (Nathan Fillion or Ryan Reynolds)

Aquaman (Justin Hartley)

Martian Manhunter (Doug Jones)

Cyborg (Edwin Hodge)

and

Captain Marvel (Armie Hammer)

Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, and Captain Marvel get their own films, and then JL introduces Manhunter and Cyborg.

#40 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by TheCannon (18319 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg IT already said in the OP no Supes or Bats.

#42 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@fodigg IT already said in the OP no Supes or Bats.

Okay, I'll cut them from my team and add in Booster Gold.

#43 Posted by Lvenger (19346 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't believe this thread of mine is still going strong.

#44 Edited by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Pretty simple really. State which members you would like to see in a future Justice League film if DC ever get round to doing it. Oh couple of rules: 1. No Superman or Batman. I learnt in a forum here couple months ago that Batman's off limits due to the fact Nolan doesn't see his version of Batman mixing well with the superpowered JLA whereas apparently Superman is not going to be included in the future Justice League film as he would steal the show from the other characters. 2. No more than 7 members in the JLA film 3. State which heroes you would first include in their own feature length film and which heroes you would only include in the actual JLA film. I know this is similar to the Avengers route but imo it's a good tactic. You can go into further details if you wish. Feel free to comment away!

1.Then we'll use a new Batman.

So? Thor, Hulk, and Captain America were in the Avengers, did that take away from Hawkeye and Black Widow? Moreso Black Widow?

#45 Posted by Lvenger (19346 posts) - - Show Bio

Firstly this thread was made at a time when it was rumoured Superman and batman were not going to be in the JLA film. Secondly it adds more variation and choices to other characters who may never have a film of their own. It's just the rules of this thread, no need to make a fuss.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.