Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3323 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Let's Be Real--Not Every Member of The JLA Needs A Lead-In Film

• 92 results
    OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OutlawRenegade

Now that the Avengers is a huge financial success, JLA fans want a movie more than ever. And Warner is probably listening.

Even though the Avengers was a 2.5 hour epic, one wouldn't have a strong emotional attachment to the characters without the lead-in films to Avengers. That's why the film wasn't just senseless action like Clash of the Titans or Transformers or 300.

So it's clear to just about everyone that before a JLA film, there's got to be films for individual members of the JLA. But it's not going to happen the way that you want it to--even if you complain.

The Avengers film did not have all of the original founding members from the comics. Sure you had Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor, but there was no Ant-Man or Wasp. There were only five lead-in films. There was no Black Widow film or Hawkeye film.

The Warner studio will probably only have about the same amount of lead-in films. Especially since people want a JLA film asap.

So who do is see getting a film?

Superman and Batman for sure. A Flash Film has been waiting in the wings for a while, and Warner wants a Green Lantern sequel (probably going to be a soft reboot). And if these films are successful and the studio can convince people that a Justice League film is coming--they may bank on a Wonder Woman film. It's the same idea as people seeing Captain America and Thor because they know that it leads to an Avengers film.

So who gets left out? Aquaman. Like Ant-Man, he probably won't have a film until AFTER Justice League.

Who else gets left out? Well, in many interations, the foundation of the JLA is also the origin of one superhero. Usually it's a White Martian invasion that leads to the introduction of Martian Manhunter. But rumors are that Geoff Johns is/would be co-producer on a JLA film, and that he's working on a treatment for the movie right now--probably with his current Justice League run. So no Martian Manhunter until AFTER Justice League, but Cyborg IN Justice League. That gives us a six-person JLA not including Johns' A.R.G.U.S. agents.

So...

while you may want a Silver Age JLA, you'll probably get a Modern Age Geoff Johns-ish JLA
    while you may want a Silver Age JLA, you'll probably get a Modern Age Geoff Johns-ish JLA

And before you say anything--just remember that the Avengers while not 100% true to the comics was close enough to be good. And Warner Bros. doesn't have a love for their characters like you do--they just want to cash-in.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sethysquare

i endorse this thread.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Funrush

We already have Batman, GL, and Superman movie(s). A Flash movie is currently in development. (I think the script was just finished IIRC). I think WW's TV show was supposed to be her intro to the movie, but it was cancelled, so I don't really know how that will work. I can only barely imagine movies for Wonder Woman and Aquaman, and they'd probably bomb. Cyborg or MM having a movie is unlikely. I'd like Flash and WW to get movies, and then the JL movie could be an adaptation of issues 1-6 of Geoff Johns's new JL comic, since it would have Cyborg's origin story and then throw a little more Aquaman character development in there. That would be a pretty cool movie.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Zombie_

@Funrush said:

We already have Batman, GL, and Superman movie(s). A Flash movie is currently in development. (I think the script was just finished IIRC). I think WW's TV show was supposed to be her intro to the movie, but it was cancelled, so I don't really know how that will work. I can only barely imagine movies for Wonder Woman and Aquaman, and they'd probably bomb. Cyborg or MM having a movie is unlikely. I'd like Flash and WW to get movies, and then the JL movie could be an adaptation of issues 1-6 of Geoff Johns's new JL comic, since it would have Cyborg's origin story and then throw a little more Aquaman character development in there. That would be a pretty cool movie.

Problem with that is Batman is detached from everything else, and will have to go through a reboot because Nolan is ending it with TDKR. Man of Steel is apparently going to likewise be in its own universe. So both will most likely require new movies to fit JLA.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By noj

They will for sure need a reboot on Batman, but HOPEFULLY they can make this new Superman film lead into a Justice League movie. Maybe thats why it was delayed a couple of months?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

A Justice League movie won't happen.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#7  Edited By TheCannon

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Why do you say that?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @sesquipedalophobe said:

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Or35ti

I totally agree with you but it's gonna be a while before a Justice League movie happens. DC seems to be moving backwards on the idea by establishing so many different characters in different universes. The irony is that Marvel managed to pull off this cinematic universe without a lot of their properties (Spider-Man, X-Men) whereas DC (Warner Bros.) still owns all of theirs and could get something like this going easy.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By desmond006

Why are we even discussing this. You people are not getting a JLA film. Also, the only reason were talking about this is because Marvel did ti first.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Superdork

@desmond006 said:

Why are we even discussing this. You people are not getting a JLA film. Also, the only reason were talking about this is because Marvel did ti first.

Please be polite and take your trolling to another forum. Thank you!

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Superdork

@sethysquare said:

i endorse this thread.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By desmond006

@Superdork: I was unaware that I was being rude. My intention was simply to state that this thread was several degrees of pointless, along with others just like it.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Superdork

@desmond006: Okay, but that's your opinion. Almost every thread on the internet is pointless to someone. If people want to discuss this for their own pleasure so be it--no one is being harmed. If you don't like the purpose of the thread or you don't have the same hopes as the people in the thread, then you don't have to read the thread.

No harm, no foul.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By desmond006

@Superdork: Just to be clear

The definition of pointless is "withoutforce, meaning,orrelevance". Synomyms= "meaningless,unproductive,futile,ineffectual." dictionary.com

Discussing something that isnt going to happen is very pointless. Thats exactly what this thread is.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Superdork

@desmond006: Look, this is my last reply to you. I don't know what your intentions are. You don't need to explain yourself anymore. This thread is mean to discuss a topic and you've shifted this thread away from that.

Let's get this thread back on point.

@OutlawRenegade: I agree with your points and see things playing out pretty similarly. I'm doubtful of a Green Lantern sequel or reboot before the Justice League film. And they could do what the Justice League cartoon did, which is tie Wonder Woman's origin to the origin of the JLA. Cyborg and Wonder Woman could both have their origin in the same film. I prefer things panning out your way, but I think that Warner could rush things and have just three lead-in movies: Superman, Batman, and Flash, but have a six-person team.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By _Zombie_

@desmond006 said:

@Superdork: Just to be clear

The definition of pointless is "withoutforce, meaning,orrelevance". Synomyms= "meaningless,unproductive,futile,ineffectual." dictionary.com

Discussing something that isnt going to happen is very pointless. Thats exactly what this thread is.

No, it's not. It isn't pointless to just ponder it. Last time I checked, nothing harmful came about from comic book fans contemplating how DC would go about making a JLA film. You also don't have any solid proof that at some point in time, DC will not make one, as there is a slight possibility of it happening.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By entropy_aegis

Fans complain about Nolan's Batman being an obstacle to the JL never mind the fact that DC has a lot more to worry about seeing as up till now they dont have a single stable franchise apart from Batman and by the time they are ready Nolan will be long gone. However they'll also complain about Batman being too awesome or PIS or whatever.

Point is they just want his brand value attached with the JL,I hope Batman never makes it to a JL film.

Viking_Funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Viking_Funeral

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Agreed. The first ingredient would be a large, successful film like Iron Man that could lead into the JLA. Right now they don't have that. Sure, Nolan's Batman movies are at that level, but there is no conceivable way audiences would accept that Batman running around with aliens & gods. Man of Steel could be that film, but it would have to do very well. At best, I foresee it doing the level of maybe Thor, Captain America, or X-Men: First Class. All good movies that did well, but none of them were runaway successes.

Even if Man of Steel broke the trend and became a runaway hit, they would have to start a new Batman film, which likely wouldn't do well so soon after the very popular Nolan films, especially if it were more 'comic book-y'. Then the Green Lantern would need either a reboot or to be subtly replaced like the Hulk was in The Avengers movie. And after all that, it would reek of trying to recapture the success that Marvel had with The Avengers. Yes, yes... DC is an older comic company, their characters have a longer and more storied history and all that, but we're comic fans. To the layman, it would seem like someone trying to chase the success of another franchise.

@Superdork said:

@desmond006 said:

You know, even if he were trolling, you only make it worse by responding. I hope you've been around the internet long enough to realize that it's better to just ignore than move on. And claiming "TROLL!' on top of that? You're just asking for a back 'n' forth commenting bitch-fest that everyone else in the thread has to scroll through while thinking lesser of the both of you.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Superdork

@entropy_aegis said:

Fans complain about Nolan's Batman being an obstacle to the JL never mind the fact that DC has a lot more to worry about seeing as up till now they dont have a single stable franchise apart from Batman and by the time they are ready Nolan will be long gone. However they'll also complain about Batman being too awesome or PIS or whatever.

Point is they just want his brand value attached with the JL,I hope Batman never makes it to a JL film.

I agree that the tone of the Nolanverse Batman is wrong for a JLA film. So does Nolan, which is why he's producing a Batman reboot for 2015/16. I'm certain that the rebooted Batman will be far less realistic version who fights villains like Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, etc. He'll probably do inhuman things like leap 20 feet at a time, make his motorcycle jump onto moving trains, and do other over the top--Transporter-type action stuff. Less Nolan more Scott Snyder

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Superdork

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

@desmond006 said:

You know, even if he were trolling, you only make it worse by responding. I hope you've been around the internet long enough to realize that it's better to just ignore than move on. And claiming "TROLL!' on top of that? You're just asking for a back 'n' forth commenting bitch-fest that everyone else in the thread has to scroll through while thinking lesser of the both of you.

Actually I was responding before someone else didn't see it and spent twenty comments falling for troll tactics. Let's just move on, okay?

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Funrush

@Superdork said:

@entropy_aegis said:

I agree that the tone of the Nolanverse Batman is wrong for a JLA film. So does Nolan, which is why he's producing a Batman reboot for 2015/16. I'm certain that the rebooted Batman will be far less realistic version who fights villains like Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, etc. He'll probably do inhuman things like leap 20 feet at a time, make his motorcycle jump onto moving trains, and do other over the top--Transporter-type action stuff. Less Nolan more Scott Snyder

Wait, when was this confirmed? I didn't know we were getting a reboot! TDKR hasn't even come out yet!

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sethysquare
    You guys are just jealous DC is cooler than marvel.

@sesquipedalophobe: @desmond006:

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethysquare: I'm just realistic.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Gambit1024

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Agreed. The first ingredient would be a large, successful film like Iron Man that could lead into the JLA. Right now they don't have that. Sure, Nolan's Batman movies are at that level, but there is no conceivable way audiences would accept that Batman running around with aliens & gods. Man of Steel could be that film, but it would have to do very well. At best, I foresee it doing the level of maybe Thor, Captain America, or X-Men: First Class. All good movies that did well, but none of them were runaway successes.

Even if Man of Steel broke the trend and became a runaway hit, they would have to start a new Batman film, which likely wouldn't do well so soon after the very popular Nolan films, especially if it were more 'comic book-y'. Then the Green Lantern would need either a reboot or to be subtly replaced like the Hulk was in The Avengers movie. And after all that, it would reek of trying to recapture the success that Marvel had with The Avengers. Yes, yes... DC is an older comic company, their characters have a longer and more storied history and all that, but we're comic fans. To the layman, it would seem like someone trying to chase the success of another franchise.

@Superdork said:

@desmond006 said:

Agreed. On everything.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By desmond006

@Superdork: You responded to me, My statement was actualy discussing the movie. Your statment was regarding me, so whos realy off topic? So I ask you when on the forums to please discuss the topic at hand, also dont act like I'm the jerk. @ZombieBigfoot: I never said talking about it was harmfull. I think we can all agree that discussing something that wont happen is indeed pointless, if not then you should read a dictionary. you are correct that I have no proof of the JLA movie not happening so I will change my Stament to "you people will not get your DC movie for many, many years."

for the topic. they should just do what marvel did and give movies to the big three (superman, bats, and WW). I think it would be cooler if they met flash during the movie and gave the rest cameos in the other movies.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sethysquare
    Firstly, this is a thread discussing, speculating the format of how JLA would happen when/if it does.This isnt a thread about if a movie will or wont happen. For those who are trying to trying to talk about another topic, there are already few other threads discussing it. Insisting on going off topic is just trolling really.
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sethysquare
    Also you are not discussing abt the topic. So if you wanna go off topic first dun blame someone else on going off topic. You were rude and seriously being a jerk. "you guys are not getting a jla movie" Gosh as if it'll affect you if theres a jla movie. If you hate it so much, when it comes out dont watch.

@desmond006:

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By desmond006

@sethysquare:Was I not talking about the movie? Was he not talking about me? How does that make me the jerk? I dont hate DC or the JLA. I did not mean to be rude, so I apologize if I hurt your feelings. My intention was to state the obvious, not offend anyone. Finaly, why are u even in this argument?

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Superdork

@sethysquare: Ignore him.

Another way that things could play out is this:

1. Superman Reboot Success

2. Batman Reboot and Flash film

3. Green Lantern sequel with John Stewart (and Hal Jordan)

4. Justice League with Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, John Stewart, and Barry Allen. Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter could both have their origin in the Justice League film the same way that they did in the cartoon pilot episode. Still a 6 person Justice League, but with only 4 lead-in films. Other solo films could come after.

The film JLA could look like this:

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WDW

It will be extremely hard to do 1 justice league movie. I believe a justice league movie would have to be a planned Trilogy to work.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sethysquare
    I really dont want martian manhunter in the movie. Not because I hate him but him plus supes will be too powerful as a team. No doubt nolans is probably going to depower supes but I really dont want the team to only fight cosmic level armies, plus im a huge fan of hal. So I would like the team's line up to be like the current new 52 line up.

@Superdork:

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Superdork

@sethysquare said:

I really dont want martian manhunter in the movie. Not because I hate him but him plus supes will be too powerful as a team. No doubt nolans is probably going to depower supes but I really dont want the team to only fight cosmic level armies, plus im a huge fan of hal. So I would like the team's line up to be like the current new 52 line up.

@Superdork:

Yeah, I totally agree with you about the preferable roster. I'm just saying that things could go down differently. But the more likely way is the OP, i think.

Who would you cast?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sethysquare
    I would certainly want the werewolf in trublood as batman. ryan reynolds could be either gl or flash. But at the end of the day Id rather they cast good actors as compared to good looking actors.

@Superdork:

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Superdork

@sethysquare said:

I would certainly want the werewolf in trublood as batman. ryan reynolds could be either gl or flash. But at the end of the day Id rather they cast good actors as compared to good looking actors.

@Superdork:

Acting comes first, but there a plenty of great, good looking actors too. Anyhoo, I think that unknowns are best--just because it help you focus more on the character than the actor.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By Deranged Midget

A JLA film doesn't need each member having their own stand-alone films but it would definitely help. Avengers was so successful because considering each character had their own film or cameo's for the most part, they already got the origin stuff out of the way letting Whedon take the characters to completely new places instead of revisiting unnecessary origins.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sethysquare

@Deranged Midget said:

A JLA film doesn't need each member having their own stand-alone films but it would definitely help. Avengers was so successful because considering each character had their own film or cameo's for the most part, they already got the origin stuff out of the way letting Whedon take the characters to completely new places instead of revisiting unnecessary origins.

Not really. Only Thor, Captain America and Iron Man have their stand alone films.

DC can easily tie MOS, a reboot batman, and either GL, Flash or Wonder Woman to the film. But I don't think theres a need to have stand alone films for all the 7 members, 3 or 4 would suffice.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sethysquare

@Superdork said:

@sethysquare said:

@Superdork:

Acting comes first, but there a plenty of great, good looking actors too. Anyhoo, I think that unknowns are best--just because it help you focus more on the character than the actor.

Thats true. Ofcourse I don't want a ugly Batman who is 5'7 or a fat Wonder Woman. What I'm saying is I hope they pick actors and actress that acts well and ofcourse looking good if the 2nd criteria. I would choose a mix of unknown actors and hugely popular actors.

dawsey28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dawsey28

As far as movies that lead into a JLA film...

If I were working on a live-action JLA movie, I would be terrified to do a Batman film after the Nolan films. I probably wouldn't want to do a Superman movie either. There are just too many Superman movies and too many Batman movies that have already been made.

What I would might consider, however, is a Superman/Batman film. A movie with both of DCs cash cows in it. A movie that either has them squaring off or teaming up to fight a threat (or both). Basically this would start the "teaming up" process for a the later JLA movie. See if that makes money and go from there.

Then I would probably give other members such as Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern their own films.

And yes I am aware that there are many problems with the idea of a Superman + Batman film, but I think that would get people a little more accustomed to the idea of Batman "fighting aliens." Superman technically is an alien and Batman would be interacting with him throughout the film.

Of coarse, if I was working on the film personally, it would probably fail miserably, but...

I think, with the right minds behind it, it could work.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WDW

@dawsey28 said:

If I were working on a live-action JLA movie, I would be terrified to do a Batman film after the Nolan films. I probably wouldn't want to do a Superman movie either. There are just too many Superman movies and too many Batman movies that have already been made.

What I would might consider, however, is a Superman/Batman film. A movie with both of DCs cash cows in it. A movie that either has them squaring off or teaming up to fight a threat (or both). Basically this would start the "teaming up" process for a the later JLA movie. See if that makes money and go from there.

Seriously a live action SUPERMAN BATMAN LIVE action would not work. Either you have to dumb down superman so much for Batman's sake or Turn Batman into the BATGOD I can do anything Batman. Batman is only cool live action if he is in Gotham. Batman "The way the main stream knows him" only l makes sense in Gotham. If you put Batman next to superman than Batman will fail like the George Clooney batman did Thus pulling down the Whole Batman Superman concept.

In my opinion a Justice League Movie must remove either Batman or Superman. Dont have them both. I would remove Batman or give him a small cameo role DO NOT make him one if the MAIN character.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Superdork

@WDW said:

@dawsey28 said:

Seriously a live action SUPERMAN BATMAN LIVE action would not work. Either you have to dumb down superman so much for Batman's sake or Turn Batman into the BATGOD I can do anything Batman. Batman is only cool live action if he is in Gotham. Batman "The way the main stream knows him" only l makes sense in Gotham. If you put Batman next to superman than Batman will fail like the George Clooney batman did Thus pulling down the Whole Batman Superman concept.

In my opinion a Justice League Movie must remove either Batman or Superman. Dont have them both. I would remove Batman or give him a small cameo role DO NOT make him one if the MAIN character.

Batman is the highest selling Superhero and the most popular. A JLA film will have Batman in a huge role. Let's be serious. It would probs be similar to how the Avengers had Black Widow alongside Thor.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By WDW

@Superdork said:

Batman is the highest selling Superhero and the most popular. A JLA film will have Batman in a huge role. Let's be serious. It would probs be similar to how the Avengers had Black Widow alongside Thor.

Batman is awsome and the highest selling. But having him in a Justice league movie along side Superman and Wonder Woman is a problem that needs to be delt with or he will suck like GEORGE CLOONEY batman. Batman is not immune to bad movies. Batman NEEDS Gotham to be cool his whole persona depends on it. That is the message behind every Batman movie and thats what the general public is expecting when batman is on screen which seriously limits what can be done in a JL movie with Batman as one of the major stars. Sure comics have him in SPACE in the OCEAN on Other Planets fighting Aliens and other things and it works kind of but that sort of thing will look silly Live Action trust me.

In order for Batman to work he needs to be the BatGOD like in the comics and I dont think the mainstream non-comicbook readers will buy that after Nolans Batman

Black Widow can be next to Thor because she is not a major star or the lead of the movie and Thor is obviously not on Supermans ridiculous level

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Superdork

@WDW: Superman will be powered down like Thor and Hulk were, just wait. All the Leaguers will probably be powered down from their comic book counter parts. That's what happens in all the cartoons too. And while Gotham is important to Batman, people are used to seeing him on supernatural and cosmic missions from JLU and Young Justice. Yeah some people will complain, but more would complain if he weren't there. Same way people complained that the Avengers didn't have Spider-Man or Wolverine.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By WDW

@Superdork said:

@WDW: Superman will be powered down like Thor and Hulk were, just wait. All the Leaguers will probably be powered down from their comic book counter parts. That's what happens in all the cartoons too. And while Gotham is important to Batman, people are used to seeing him on supernatural and cosmic missions from JLU and Young Justice. Yeah some people will complain, but more would complain if he weren't there. Same way people complained that the Avengers didn't have Spider-Man or Wolverine.

Yup they would have to be powered down I agree. WAY powered down especially Superman, Green Lantern, and Flash. But in Superman Solo movies he is still way to powerful. And it seems like Green Lantern is too.

People will will complain either way like you said and that's my point.

As I said before The batman in a Justice League film will be a VERY different Batman from the Nolan Batman. Will people accept him? I am talking about Movie goes not Comicbook fans. Movie Fans are WORLDWIDE and in the millions. people that read justice league comics number in the thousands.

Avengers could not have Wolverine or Spider-man because of license and trademark issues

I want a justice league movie I am really easy to please.... but I REALLY see a problem with how it can be done the problem with Batman and superman is a major problem I am just bringing forward.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By sinestro_GL

Like I posted in another thread, I think Warner should make a JLA film series, possibly 2-3 films.

dawsey28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dawsey28

SupermanANDBatman should be in the Justice League film.

There are about 5 JL members that NEED to be in the film. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern.

Of coarse there can be others added as well but are not absolutely necessary. (*Aquaman, Green Arrow, Balck Canary, Martian Manhunter, The Atom, Hawman/Hawkgirl, Zantanna, Cyborg)

And if people have a problem with Batman being beside characters such as Superman due to the Nolan films, then revamp or reinvent him with another movie.

*Don't get me wrong. I like Aquaman, but not everyone does. If I was making the movie, he would be in it as one of the, if you will excuse the pun, "fish-out-of-water" characters. (Like Thor and Captain America in The Avengers. Thor from a different realm and Captain America from a different time.)

fangirl101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By fangirl101

The best way to do a JLA film fast is to intro or cameo the members into the properties thatare already out there. The Batwing, or Wonder Woman running to help Superman, and then realizing that he's got it under control would be a great way to connect everything without really putting them directly in the fight for sure. Flash making a cameo in GL, or GL having to go to Atlantis to get advice from Aquaman on how to be a hero, or something would also be a great way to lead the others in. I think Green Lantern needs to be rebooted and put GL Jon in, like the cartoons. Put Hawkwoman in the GL movie and Martian Manhuner should take a statesman type role. Easy to do since GL is based in space anyway.

Erry_Gemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Erry_Gemini

In response to the first post about who'd get their own movie leading up to a JLA movie, if there is one, I honestly think that having anything more than a Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern movie would just put the whole thing into over-kill. Those four are the biggest members of JLA, with Flash and Aquaman coming in at a very close second.

As for the actual movie, I think it would consist of the main four I mentioned, the Flash, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman/Hawkgirl, Aquaman and MAYBE Black Canary or Green Arrow, although those two might be seen as too similar to Hawkeye and Black Widow... So it'd be tricky to have those two without Marvel fans screaming copy cat.

Also, I really hope Nolan doesn't direct it. I mean his Dark Knight movies are GREAT, but too realistic for a Justice League film. Remember, they have to fight in space and against super powerful aliens. If Batman got his ass kicked by Bane in "The Dark Knight: Rises", what makes you think he won't die from being beat up by Darkseid or by an enemy like Black Adam? He'd be out in the first five minutes because he's only human. So you have to take the realism factor out when it comes to the strength of someone like Batman. He either has to be smarter and stronger or have some hell of a good weapon.

And while I recognize they'd have to be powered down, I just think that making it realistic rather than based off of a comic book would just make it bad. There needs to be that unrealistic factor if they're going to do a JLA movie.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WDW

@Erry_Gemini said:

Also, I really hope Nolan doesn't direct it. I mean his Dark Knight movies are GREAT, but too realistic for a Justice League film. Remember, they have to fight in space and against super powerful aliens.

And while I recognize they'd have to be powered down, I just think that making it realistic rather than based off of a comic book would just make it bad. There needs to be that unrealistic factor if they're going to do a JLA movie.

I totally disagree with this. Please do not use super powered aliens. Just to use Super powered aliens. I would much rather have a lot of character development and earth based conflict. The threat the Justice League faces must be totally fleshed out and it must seem real. In the 3rd film Justice League film you can bring on the aliens.

Avengers was an entertaining family movie to appeal to the widest possible audience but it has no heart and was full of plot holes kind of like Transformers. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it mainly because of the special effects and all the anticipation from the previous marvel movies.

Justice League can do better if they do something original and not just copy the Avengers.

Green Lantern failed because they decided to make him fly around space rather than develop his character.

XMEN worked because it was not a comic book movie

XMEN first class worked because it was not a comic book movie

Same goes with iron-man hulk captain America and most others.

again keep the Justice League EARTH BASED or it will be stupid. Comics are comics. Live Action is very different demographic. less then 1% of the movie goers probably even read a Justice League comic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.