Justice League Year Two changing of the line up.

#1 Posted by Dernman (15437 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok Year two is just around the corner and there will be a lineup change. Martian Manhunter and Shazam will be joining the team some time in the year as will more. 
Who do you think will be leaving, staying and joining up? I personally think Hal Jordan will be leaving. With Shazam and Martian Manhunter joining could Superman or Wonder Woman be leaving?

#2 Posted by xforce96 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

how do you know this

#3 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dernman: If Hal stays Aquaman is gone and vise versa. Just my shot in the dark.

No way Kal El or Diana leave though.
#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13596 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal is the most likely to leave with the introduction of this new Lantern. There is also some suspicion that Clark might leave as well.

#5 Posted by Dernman (15437 posts) - - Show Bio
@xforce96: A change of lineup was stated at comic con. Same with was MM and Shazam joining. Green Lantern I'm assuming leaves because he is absent in future promos. He was even replaced in one. It also would bring the JLA and GL universes closer together fixing the discrepancies going on in both books. IE Hal having his own fully functional ring.
#6 Posted by Dernman (15437 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: Why wouldn't they stay if the other is on the team?
#7 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

GET RID OF HAL.

He is more annoying than Guy Gardner has ever been and thankfully has had to pay for it. He has been smacked around by bother Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman made him look like a joke by simply pulling off his ring. I know it's how Geoff is writing him but that doesn't change anything.

You can tell though that Johns has no love for Hal...I wonder if Sinestro will continue to be the star of Green Lantern or if they will be that one guy with the Arabic tattoos as the star.

#8 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

GET RID OF HAL.

He is more annoying than Guy Gardner has ever been and thankfully has had to pay for it. He has been smacked around by bother Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman made him look like a joke by simply pulling off his ring. I know it's how Geoff is writing him but that doesn't change anything.

You can tell though that Johns has no love for Hal...I wonder if Sinestro will continue to be the star of Green Lantern or if they will be that one guy with the Arabic tattoos as the star.

Johns wrote Green Lantern: Rebirth and makes Hal the be-all-end-all in Green Lantern. He clearly has love for Hal.

#9 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Kallarkz said:

GET RID OF HAL.

Johns wrote Green Lantern: Rebirth and makes Hal the be-all-end-all in Green Lantern. He clearly has love for Hal.

This.

#10 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Kallarkz said:

GET RID OF HAL.

wonderful.

Today he is written as a joke and Sinestros sidekick.

Tastes change.

#11 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

They WOULD not kick supers,WW and batman. You CANNOT have the justice league without them.

Hal will be gone =o. The new team will have 4 powerhouses. Sups,WW,Shazam, and Man martian hunter.

#12 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Kallarkz said:

GET RID OF HAL.

wonderful.

Tastes change.

Not really.

Justice League clearly takes place before the current Green Lantern stories, so Johns is portraying Hal as less mature and less serious. He needs someone to play the Lancer role.

#13 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Kallarkz said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Kallarkz said:

GET RID OF HAL.

wonderful.

Tastes change.

Not really.

Justice League clearly takes place before the current Green Lantern stories, so Johns is portraying Hal as less mature and less serious. He needs someone to play the Lancer role.

That's a desperate excuse.

He could easily have given that role to someone else. He is the writer.

ANd it doesn't change the fact that Sinestro is constantly showing up Hal in Green Lantern.

It's a pattern.

Follow it.

11 issues in J.L and Hal has already been shown up by Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

Cyborg is the kid yet he is more of an adult than Hal.

This is not some elaborate plan for Hal to be the scapegoat.

This is intentional writing and Hal is annoying as hel* and needs to leave.

#14 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Kallarkz said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Kallarkz said:

GET RID OF HAL.

wonderful.

Tastes change.

Not really.

ANd it doesn't change the fact that Sinestro is constantly showing up Hal in Green Lantern.

It's a pattern.

Follow it.

11 issues in J.L and Hal has already been shown up by Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

I can seperate incomplete sentences.

For no good reason too.

Are you familiar with the other characters? None of them would act like that.

Sinestro has always been showing up Hal in Green Lantern. Nothing new there.

Because he's been an asshole and deserves his comeuppance, so he receives it.

You're the one making something out of nothing, not me. Him needing to leave is your opinion, some people enjoy his role as the Lancer and the comedy relief he brings or gives at his expense.

Sidenote, why would you censor hell? It's not a swear word, especially not in that context.

#15 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

I can seperate incomplete sentences.

For no good reason too.

Are you familiar with the other characters? None of them would act like that.

Sinestro has always been showing up Hal in Green Lantern. Nothing new there.

Because he's been an asshole and deserves his comeuppance, so he receives it.

You're the one making something out of nothing, not me. Him needing to leave is your opinion, some people enjoy his role as the Lancer and the comedy relief he brings or gives at his expense.

Sidenote, why would you censor hell? It's not a swear word, especially not in that context.

I can for some reason...

attack how you type..

for no good reason....

unfortunately,.,...i don't argue with children on the internet. Ask me questions about comics. I have no interest in discussing with you why I do what I do it's pointless and takes us off topic.

SO..back to talking about the topic at hand =].

Johns has written Hal as a joke in Both J.L and Green Lantern. Period.

He is the most annoying member. Not comedic relief..he is annoying.

And yeah...him needing to leave is my opinion...that's what this topic is about. Giving opinions.

#16 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dernman said:
@Gambler: Why wouldn't they stay if the other is on the team?
Just a guess. There doesnt seem to be any love loss there.
#17 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: Yet you insult the other person? Please continue to use terrible grammar and sentence formatting, call me child, act above me, and then continue arguing with me.

He's hardly a joke considering he's constantly the Big Damn Hero in Green Lantern.

Not really annoying to me or plenty of other people.

#18 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes on a comic book website sentence structure is my highest priority. Once again. Stay on topic discussing anything other than what pertains to comic books with you is not something I'm interested in. How is he the big hero in green lantern?

#19 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: Then feel free to stop.

The Big Damn Hero(es) is a trope regarding when the hero(es) saves the day in an exciting way. Hal has done this in the "Sinestro," arc and the "The Secret of the Indigo Tribe," arcs.

#20 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

He contributed. Sinestro has obviously been the main hero in the green lantern series.

#21 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: He contributed? He did everything in "The Secret of the Indigo Tribe." The arc "Sinestro," was obviously centered on Sinestro, but he was pretty useless in the second big arc.

#22 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

The first arc He was in no way the big hero. Yes in the second arc he did manage to be of use. Either way, he is the most annoying character on the justice league, has already been made a joke of by three of its members. Of all the members Hal is the most expendable. He barley gets along with anyone on the team and there are better less hot head and arrogant lanterns that can take his place.

#23 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: Manage to be of use? You're saying that like he's never done anything worthwhile and is a horrible Lantern. Funny. He is without a doubt the book's main character.

He and Barry are best friends so that statement is out the window. He also seems to get along with Cyborg pretty well as there's no evidence to the contrary. Hehe, barley. He's been made to be the Lancer, the guy on the team who has to disagree with the leader. The book would be pretty boring and less humorous with a different Lantern, in my opinion.

Sounds to me like you have a personal distaste for Hal Jordan.

#24 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

So as long you have friends...you are not annoying? Interesting. How is he the main character of green lantern when the solicit for book one even said there would be a new lantern and he would be the focus.

#25 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: No, that was in response to this.

He barley gets along with anyone on the team and there are better less hot head and arrogant lanterns that can take his place.

You find him annoying, I don't.

That's a zero issue with the focus on a new Lantern. He's the main character of the book because the book follows his adventures as Green Lantern and his daily life as Hal Jordan.

#26 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

How has it not followed sinestro any less? And Hal Jordan has a ring..but he isn't a green lantern in current continuity.

#27 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: It's most certainly followed Hal more. Sinestro is a co-star sure, but it's not his book.

Yes, I'm aware of this, which supports part of what I said before about Justice League taking place before the current Green Lantern stories.

#28 Posted by Saucedo17 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

It's obvious that Kallarkz is a hater so I'm going to brake this little cycle and go back on topic, I think Superman might leave if Shazam is joining there powers are kinda of smiler, I don't know who the other one is going but I hope it's not Batman and yay Martian Manhunter back on JLA

#29 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro is the actual green lantern as the solicit to book one states that a new one will be on the scene yet Hal is the main character? Agree to disagree on that. Either way it still stands in my opinion Hal is the member who should leave

#30 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

A hater? For a comic book character? Grow up. I dislike his character as he has done and is doing a lot of things that I dont agree with obviously.

#31 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

Yes on a comic book website sentence structure is my highest priority.

It's a site about reading.

One would think knowing how to write would just be part of the deal.

Not to enter the argument, but you can't say "Oh, it's JUST a comic site!" to excuse bad grammar, yours or anyone else's. Not when we have the kind of comics we have.

#32 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

I just did. And if you don't like my sentence structure you can continue to correct me and I will continue to write how I please.

#33 Posted by TDK_1997 (15075 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Hal or Aquaman would leave.

#34 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

send hal to limbo.

#35 Edited by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Hal is pretty much all but officially confirmed missing after August. And if another leaves after him, I think it will be either Supes or Aquaman. Batman is the cash cow, so he's not leaving, Wonder Woman will stay for girl readers, Flash... I can imagine him leaving but it seems unlikely, and JL is pretty much Cyborg's book, so...

#36 Posted by Dernman (15437 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to be more pissed if Hal gets replaced in his book then Justice League. I do not want to read about this new character in Green Lantern. :(

#37 Posted by Skaddix (3119 posts) - - Show Bio

HAl and Aquaman out.

#38 Posted by mathematicscore (167 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it all depends on what Johns wants to do. If he wants to do drama and supervillains, we will probably see a balanced team in terms of power and personality; if he wants to do big, epic world shaking threats, a power heavy line-up will probably be it. J'onn, Shazam adding on to Supes, Wondy and whichever GL makes sense might suggest the latter.

#39 Posted by Teerack (7362 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully cyborg will go back to being insignificant.

#40 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Kallarkz said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Kallarkz said:

GET RID OF HAL.

wonderful.

Tastes change.

Not really.

It's a pattern.

Follow it.

oh boy another Hal hater.

Hal is the most important and popular GL. Face it.

#41 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Hence why his book sold so much when he was the main character. Oh wait...no it didn't. It sold when Kyle was the protagonist. Being well known and being popular are two different things.

#42 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal hasn't shown up on the Trinity War teaser poster so I have a feeling that he'll definitely be leaving at some point, hence establishing some continuity in the New 52 at last between Justice League and the Green Lantern storyline both pre and post New 52 as Green Lantern hasn't really changed much in the New 52. I know Shazam's joining the team but I thought Johns was just shedding light on Martian Manhunter's time in the League, not giving him full membership? Then again MM's leaving Stormwatch in issue 12 so that opens up a possibility of J'onn rejoining the Justice League. In that case, with two powerful members joining the team, I fear that Superman will also leave the team. Having Superman, Martian Manhunter and Captain Marvel on the team would be overkill.

#43 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13596 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: it's not 1994 anymore, Johns run with Hal as the main character sold great. Because it actually had a decent writer unlike Hals old series.

#44 Posted by JayMar89 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

since j'onn is leaving stormwatch maybe we can get majestic on that team i wanna see j'onn and shazam in the league but i dont want any of the current roster to leave

#45 Edited by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal is pretty damn annoying. The type of comedy that Johns uses with him is childish and comes off very forced. Compare him to the comedy relief in the Justice League cartoon (Wally West) for example and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm glad he'll be gone.

#46 Posted by bamaboykmb (149 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOSTER GOLD!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.