JUSTICE LEAGUE: Who's the Best/Coolest/Most Interesting--Black Lightning or Cyborg or Vixen?

#1 Posted by Captain13 (3015 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Edited by Captain13 (3015 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I know that they are all Black.

#3 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Vixen.

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (4732 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always preferred Jeff myself. But Cyborg and Vixen are pretty cool too.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Lightning hands down from me.

#6 Posted by TheCannon (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen

#7 Posted by The_Tree (6397 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Got that right, BL is awesome.

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Hell yeah.

#9 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@The_Tree said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Hell yeah.

Yeah, I like Cyborg too but he's nowhere near as awesome as BL

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11701 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Lightning.

#11 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this is going to make me unpopular, but I've never really connected with black characters (we don't really have blacks where I live...like, at all), and so it makes it strange to read about black characters seriously.

That being said, I enjoy Vixen the most.

#12 Posted by Aero_gt (838 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster "Not Green Lantern" Gold

Booster Gold #16 (V2)
#13 Posted by quirky_anecdotes (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

I know this is going to make me unpopular, but I've never really connected with black characters (we don't really have blacks where I live...like, at all), and so it makes it strange to read about black characters seriously.

Well hopefully you'll be able to live nineteen thirty five soon.

#14 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@quirky_anecdotes said:

@greenteaforme said:

Well hopefully you'll be able to live nineteen thirty five soon.

My country is very xenophobic. Even I am half white, and I am sometimes discriminated against.

I don't know what your 1935 comment was about, because I don't look down on black people. I'm just not used to them - I've never met one in real life.

#15 Posted by Kairan1979 (15740 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Vixen.

#16 Posted by Strafe Prower (11572 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Lightning for me.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (13666 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Lightining.

#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11701 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeff is my favorite, he has a lot of depth to him and he's one of the coolest Outsiders around. I love Vixen and Cyborg as well.

#19 Posted by Bruxae (9204 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen followed by Black Lightning.. Cyborg is just completely unintresting for me.

#20 Edited by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang.

Vixen. Given time, Cyborg.

I am not as intolerant as some people.

I honestly haven't read much on BL, but I will, starting next month.

#21 Posted by Captain13 (3015 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: Star with Black Lightning: Year One. It's epic.

#22 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: Will do, cap. I hope they don't forgo Vixen in the JL for Animal Man in the future. Seeing the way things are now, with AM's popularity sky-rocketing, and Vixen being taken out of commission in the pages of JLI, that may happen. The world needs more black heroines, and from DC, I only see Vixen, and Natasha Irons (whenever they introduce her). Waller is operating things from behind the scenes, so I won't count her (even though she's awesome!!!).

#23 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11701 posts) - - Show Bio

@TwentyFive: wasn't Vixen killed off in JLI? Or was she just injured? I'd personally rather see Mari with Booster and company in Global Guardians while Animal Man joins JL. Mari is arguably the most well known non-American super heroes DC has so it makes sense that she'd be there.

#24 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: I didn't directly receive that comment. She was injured. No big deal, but who knows when she'll be back. And you are right. Global Guardians seems like a better place for her. Too bad we won't be seeing that anytime soon.

#25 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11701 posts) - - Show Bio

@TwentyFive:Hopefully we will and I'm ecstatic that she wasn't killed off.

#26 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i'voted for vixen. i don't anything about black lighting so hopefully his new series with blue devil will make it interesting and cool.

#27 Posted by Lord Shiva (793 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Vixen. BL still feels like an Outsider to me.

#28 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva: yup, I prefer him in the Outsiders too. But I think this was just how people feel about the individuals and not whether they belong in the League or not.

#29 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Lightning by far.

#30 Posted by darth_jones (110 posts) - - Show Bio

I love all 3! But i prefer Cyborg in the Teen Titans so I voted for Black Lightning only because Vixen hasn't had enough material for me to enjoy. I think all 3 characters need more face time and/or their own series

#31 Edited by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

At one time I would have said Black Lightning, but ever since I read the New 52's Justice League; hands down Cyborg. To me he's just super awesome. They really improved his character by leaps and bounds. Spoilers beyond this point. .............................................................................................................................................SPOILERS .................................................................................................................................................SPOILERS................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ The new Cyborg is interesting cause in addition to having a really great new power set, his story really makes sense. His major conflict is that he was created because of an explosion. As some of you may know his father ( who is much more interesting then i might have imagained) made him into cyborg using a bunch of technology that had been aquired by STAR labs and reverse engineered. He did this to save his life. Whats interesting is that because Cyborg was created when he was in a near death state he teeter totters on the edge between life and death. In one comic, Cyborg was able to see into the afterlife because of the near death state he exists in. In addition, Cyborg carries a white noise cannon. White noise is typically associated with the afterlife. I see a great theme developing. Where Supermans conflict comes from the destruction of his planet and Batman's, the death of his parents, for Cyborg, it's his proximity to death and the question of whether he is alive on life support or whether he died and what's left of him is a soulless machine. Also the ability to fly, open boom tubes, the white noise canon, and the ability to constantly interface with any computer on the planet doesn't hurt either.

#32 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@ xybernauts that's statement you made make cyborg seems more interesting and sound a little like robocop.

#33 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2201 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Lightning

#34 Edited by Saren (24284 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Vixen but I haven't read that much Black Lightning material. He's been cool in the stuff I have read, though. The words "cool" and "interesting" might file lawsuits in response to OP associating them with Cyborg.

#35 Posted by Backflip (2251 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Lightning is the definition of awesome.

#36 Posted by Bruxae (9204 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen is more unique but Black Lightning feels more superhero so im torn, I dont care much for cyborg.

#37 Edited by matchesmalone21 (7608 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg,technologically speaking,because still need a better character development.

#38 Posted by DarkWriter (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I have love for all three, but I'll go Cyborg first, then Black Lightning, then Vixen. I want to get more familiar with BL, and I like Vixen, but I need to see more of her.

As an aside, anybody else notice the enormous missed opportunity to have Vixen show up during David Zavimbe's run as Batwing? Am I the only one who was anticipating that and was let down?

#39 Posted by Farkam (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen.

Cyborg is just all wrong. The only Cyborg that has depicted well was the one in TT shows.

I know nothing of Black lightning asides from the fact that he uses lightning. Is it black too? :v

#40 Posted by RustyRoy (9191 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Lightning, no contest.

#41 Posted by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

I would REALLY like to see more of Black Lightning. I've been exposed to him the least of the 3 but like him the most. Cools powers & I like that he's a teacher (a "real life hero"). Cyborg is cool in a team, and I've never really cared for Vixen (her story-lines in JL vol4 were very "meh").

#42 Edited by Black_Claw (2809 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man this is gonna be a tough one for me because all 3 of them are amazing. If I really had to choose I'd have to go with Cyborg, I basically grew up with the guy.

#43 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg, easily. Black Lightning is just boring, and I hate Vixen for taking attention away from the far superior Animal Man

#44 Posted by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel on this one, Cyborg is the only solid b-lister of the 3 so I'll say Cyborg. The other two have only been interesting in the hands of really good writers, otherwise the characters can not stand on their own and their generic powers leave them only useful on an otherwise weak powered team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.