Justice League, Warner Bros plans.

Posted by Pauldro (127 posts) - - Show Bio

My discussion question is pretty much simple. What do you think Warner Brothers will do to develop the JLA movie?

Include any movie ideas, cameos, plot points etc.

#1 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel (2013). - Leading into a big bad that is the mastermind behind the release of Zod and Faora. (could have a second film, before or after Justice League)

Justice League (2015/2016) - Battle against the big bad from MOS.

Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman spin off from Justice League.

Green Lantern - soft reboot with the same cast, set after Justice League.

Also a rebooted Batman with the Batman supporting characters like Robin and all in continuity with Justice League.

Basically the plan is to do exactly opposite of what Avengers did. Start off with Justice League then spinning into the other properties because DC characters are household names and much bigger than Marvel characters.

So many of which has had their own TV series, at least once so we don't really need another origins movies. I rather we go straight to the action. Then spin of from there.

Alot like how the new 52 started off. With Action Comics and Justice League set 5 years in advance then with the rise of Superman, led to the rise of all the other superheroes.

This way Superman would be the first Superhero created.

#2 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want a Wonder Woman done right.

#3 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: so man of steel to set-up superman. then just throw a league on the big screen, no backstories, just fighting. and a lot of hoping it will do well for the other leaguers to get their solo films. great plan. top-notch. success guaranteed.

#4 Posted by BatMark_ (49 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love the JLA movie first, then spin out into individual character movies, and then a Teen Titans movie that would lead into a JLA sequel. It'll never happen but damn, if it was done right, it would be amazing.

#5 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatMark_ said:

I'd love the JLA movie first, then spin out into individual character movies, and then a Teen Titans movie that would lead into a JLA sequel. It'll never happen but damn, if it was done right, it would be amazing.

What do you mean it will never happen?We must have hope.

#6 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7863 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want a Flash film. Just give me a damn Flash film.

#7 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6917 posts) - - Show Bio

They should try the MARVEL routine.
First, Make individualfilms for some of the heroes for the Justice League team like Avnegers.
I would love a Green Lantern Reboot, Last one sucked bad.
Wonder Woman Movie. 
A Flash Movie.
and the Superman: Man of Steel Movie.
All these movies should lead to the BIG  Justice League Film.
All these movies including Nolan's Batman Dark Knight Rises should connect to the JL film.

#8 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

All I want is Superman and Batman in the movie..That is all.

#9 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

I just want a Flash film. Just give me a damn Flash film.

#10 Posted by Sabatoge777 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a green lantern reboot, the first one leads up to a blackest night movie and has a message at the end darkside coming and green lantern has to return to earth and make a team to stop him and in that time his coming back we get a wonder women movie which steve trevor makes a cameo, and then man of steel has a atom cameo, then a flash movie then batman comes back and they make JLA and stop darkside

#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
@KainScion said:

@sethysquare: so man of steel to set-up superman. then just throw a league on the big screen, no backstories, just fighting. and a lot of hoping it will do well for the other leaguers to get their solo films. great plan. top-notch. success guaranteed.

Just talking about throwing the league to the big screen...

I don't see why not. A Justice League film could easily sell just as much as the avengers without needing a big buildup guessing that the movie is good. Superman and Batman alone would be good enough to sell as much, heck Batman alone almost made as much as the avengers put together and that was after 5 build up films and an a-list cast
#12 Edited by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's be real, aside from Batman and Superman, the rest of the league will have to have some time spent on their character if they're thrown in a movie together.

Batman and Superman's origin, alter ego, etc are pretty much ingrained into America's subconscious. You can't say that about the rest. The Flash is pretty much known as the guy who can run real fast. That's it. Diana is an icon, but does everyone know her origin story? You see where I'm going with this? You could make a case for Green Lantern, but it would depend if WB would still want to use Hal after the movie.

A Justice League movie will have to reintroduce the rest of the league if they don't go Marvel's route. Pretty much what KainScion alluded to .

#13 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter said:

@KainScion said:

Just talking about throwing the league to the big screen... I don't see why not. A Justice League film could easily sell just as much as the avengers without needing a big buildup guessing that the movie is good. Superman and Batman alone would be good enough to sell as much, heck Batman alone almost made as much as the avengers put together and that was after 5 build up films and an a-list cast

This. Thank you.

#14 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing is...do we really need the origin? The justice league animated series (along with the movie that formed the team) was greatly received and had great rating even though we didn't see any other of the origins.

We didn't need to see Black Widow's or Hawkeyes origin in the avengers movie, nor would their origins have made the movie better in either way.

Do we really need to see how Wonder Woman was made of clay so that we understand who she is? I say that not all comic movies have to start with the origin, unlike what Hollywood would have us believe. Wonder Woman is both an ambassador of peace and the world's greatest warrior, Green lantern is the space cop of our sector, the Flash runs really fast, aquaman can breath under water and martian manhunter is a new alien more powerful than superman who is here to help us fight __________(insert threat here)

We don't need origins because unlike the avengers the JL are icons. Heck even without movies people know who Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern and Flash are better than some of the heroes that have had movies. Here's all the people need to know (the world's greatest heroes join together to fight a new threat too powerful for either of them to face alone)

#15 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter said:

Thing is...do we really need the origin? The justice league animated series (along with the movie that formed the team) was greatly received and had great rating even though we didn't see any other of the origins. We didn't need to see Black Widow's or Hawkeyes origin in the avengers movie, nor would their origins have made the movie better in either way. Do we really need to see how Wonder Woman was made of clay so that we understand who she is? I say that not all comic movies have to start with the origin, unlike what Hollywood would have us believe. Wonder Woman is both an ambassador of peace and the world's greatest warrior, Green lantern is the space cop of our sector, the Flash runs really fast, aquaman can breath under water and martian manhunter is a new alien more powerful than superman who is here to help us fight __________(insert threat here) We don't need origins because unlike the avengers the JL are icons. Heck even without movies people know who Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern and Flash are better than some of the heroes that have had movies. Here's all the people need to know (the world's greatest heroes join together to fight a new threat too powerful for either of them to face alone)

Stop making so much sense. Its the internet. LOL.

#16 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Producer - Bruce Timm

Writer - Paul Dini

Director - Brad Bird

#17 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder made it quite clear that MOS will not tie-into any JLA film whatsoever. That being said, I wouldn't get anyone's hopes up about that, especially since filming is supposedly done.

#18 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofMadCows said:

Producer - Bruce Timm

Writer - Paul Dini

Director - Brad Bird

#19 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@KingofMadCows said:

Producer - Bruce Timm

Writer - Paul Dini

Director - Brad Bird

QFT

#20 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter: the problem with just throwing jl at the big screen is that except for batman and superman the rest arent as known as them. i doubt 25%

of the people that would see it would know MM, flash (maybe), WW very vague ideea (most will say female superman), green lantern (if they use reynolds some people will know him, anybody else no clue), green arrow total darkness, aquaman = spongebob with a trident (all of this is the point of view for someone outside of comics). so yeah just throwing it out there would be bad even if the movie would itself would be good. people would see the trailers/posters : whos that guy? what does he do? meh lets go see amazing spider-man 2.

#21 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Snyder made it quite clear that MOS will not tie-into any JLA film whatsoever. That being said, I wouldn't get anyone's hopes up about that, especially since filming is supposedly done.

Could be true. But then again it could be a lie to geyt a bigger reaction.

#22 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Would the spin-offs you suggested be prequels or the aftermath to the first film?

#23 Edited by cameron83 (7345 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Man of Steel (2013). - Leading into a big bad that is the mastermind behind the release of Zod and Faora. (could have a second film, before or after Justice League)

Justice League (2015/2016) - Battle against the big bad from MOS.

Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman spin off from Justice League.

Green Lantern - soft reboot with the same cast, set after Justice League.

Also a rebooted Batman with the Batman supporting characters like Robin and all in continuity with Justice League.

Basically the plan is to do exactly opposite of what Avengers did. Start off with Justice League then spinning into the other properties because DC characters are household names and much bigger than Marvel characters.

So many of which has had their own TV series, at least once so we don't really need another origins movies. I rather we go straight to the action. Then spin of from there.

Alot like how the new 52 started off. With Action Comics and Justice League set 5 years in advance then with the rise of Superman, led to the rise of all the other superheroes.

This way Superman would be the first Superhero created.

yes...............but they still have to interpret them accurately on-screen,so no bathing suit for wonder woman....she can atleast look like this...well thats one idea,but it's still not on point for a wonder woman,i dont want her to look like the tv show one that was cancelled,however i dont want a bathing suit one,and the odyssey one is okay

#24 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106: aftermath. I dont think its that neccessary to watch yet another origin.

#25 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Looks cool. I'll prefer navy boots though.

#26 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio
W/ More Slats
#27 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.