Justice League War showed the WW/SM relationship

#1 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10570 posts) - - Show Bio

Now if you're against this ship you might not like the clues that were set up. If you've read the comics this ship doesnt form much later (about 6 issues after the War arc). But they might try and form it in this movie

2 clues that point to it

1- The Shazam question. Yes it can be taken as a joke but it obviously happens in the comics so maybe it happens here.

2- The major clue being the chick who voices WW. She said "my darling Superman", now it might be underestimating her, but she doesnt look like the kind thats up on her comics. So it's possible that she's referring to this ship. Either that or she studied, or she thinks Superman is a great character.

Thoughts? Are you against this being in the movie?

Update

I was right!

#2 Posted by JetiiMitra (8631 posts) - - Show Bio

Good. Kids should grow up with this relationship.

#3 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok. But why is Shazam here?????F*ck that and give me Aquamam!

#4 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it.

#5 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Justthatkid (3925 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually hope they set up the relationship

#8 Posted by Hastalavista (361 posts) - - Show Bio

she said 'my beloved superman' not 'my darling superman'. and that could just be that she likes the character.

#9 Posted by PapiNacho (2409 posts) - - Show Bio

I truly hope not.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33452 posts) - - Show Bio

:(

#11 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10570 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

Good. Kids should grow up with this relationship.

I actually hope they set up the relationship

You guys seem to be the few here that do.

@sandman_ said:

I think its because they already did a Shazam origin movie and decided that Aquaman should get his own movie.

#12 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10570 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Edited by JetiiMitra (8631 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: TBH I half said that just to spite the haters I knew would be coming. I do hope it shows up, though.

#15 Edited by HumanRocket (8174 posts) - - Show Bio

I''m good with this. Haven't read the Superman/Wonderwoman comic so this would be interesting for me to watch and see how there relationship plays out.

#16 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10570 posts) - - Show Bio

This will most likely be a small at the end thing.

#17 Posted by DianaXKal (511 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope the movie has some Wondy X Supes moments! <3

#18 Edited by ZeroPlus (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate seeing WW and SM together !

#19 Posted by 2cool4fun (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

#20 Posted by Jayc1324 (12294 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not. I don't mind it that much but I don't think it should last forever, and it shouldn't be continued in this movie. I think it'll distract from the main point of the movie

#21 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10570 posts) - - Show Bio

Called it!

#22 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Edited by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

Good, I like them together. I love it when people come up at this point and say "yeah, you are a minority". They love saying that.

#24 Posted by Gizmorino (474 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it's kinda bitchy for ww to be with sm

#25 Posted by SanoHibiki (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

I was pretty sure that JL W creators wouldn’t be bold enough to use those scenes from original comic. Boy, I’m impressed (and very glad). Looks like DC taking SM/WW seriously - what I can’t help but like.

#26 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10570 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it's kinda bitchy for ww to be with sm

...explain?

I was pretty sure that JL W creators wouldn’t be bold enough to use those scenes from original comic. Boy, I’m impressed (and very glad). Looks like DC taking SM/WW seriously - what I can’t help but like.

Umm, not to harsh the mood but those scenes weren't in the comic. Cliana didnt start till Justice League #12, which was way after the War arc.

#27 Edited by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

DAMN IT!!!!

#28 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10570 posts) - - Show Bio

DAMN IT!!!!

Your tears are so yummy : )

#29 Posted by SanoHibiki (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_wildcard:

Umm, not to harsh the mood but those scenes weren't in the comic. Cliana didnt start till Justice League #12, which was way after the War arc.

As I said on the main page, scenes that hinted on potentially more than just friendship between Supes and Di. For example

I know that Cliana wouldn’t be here until after 5-years skip (by the way, that official name for this fandom?).

#30 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10570 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_wildcard:

As I said on the main page, scenes that hinted on potentially more than just friendship between Supes and Di. For example

I know that Cliana wouldn’t be here until after 5-years skip (by the way, that official name for this fandom?).

So many awkward scenes in that movie, that being one of them,. And yes, Ive coined CLIana.

#31 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark and Diana hinted in Justice League: War =

#32 Edited by SaintGeist (85 posts) - - Show Bio

You did call it pops : b

#33 Edited by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

its like a relationship between teenagers. I mean really DC? Really? They need to split them up SM fans don´t like it, WW fans hate it. It sucks.

#34 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and eff the haters gently, call them back then talk to their parents for a hand in marriage

raise children with them then live until the older years

#35 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10570 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26 said:

its like a relationship between teenagers. I mean really DC? Really? They need to split them up SM fans don´t like it, WW fans hate it. It sucks.

Remarks like this make me laugh

#36 Posted by Vitalius (1947 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: Well movie is going to centred on Aquaman. Shazam scenes were like Batman, we need put in scenes to shine to explain people why is there with rest of the characters.

#37 Posted by Primebonnick (2200 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Oscars94 (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a nice change. They don't have to worry about some street leveller hurting their partner. They're the definition of a power couple!

#39 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1529 posts) - - Show Bio
@jphulk26 said:

I like it and I'm a Superman fan

#40 Edited by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

It was hinted at and Steve Trevor got blindsided. Poor Steve!

#41 Posted by ClarkKent12 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

This is interesting, I can't wait to read the JL books and then the Supes/WW books as well to see the dynamics of this relationship... I may be a Supes fan, but I don't want to hastily condemn it or worship it, I want to see where it goes.

In JL: War, it looked very natural, just pure physical and sexual attraction, with a hint of "we're both different" thrown in, this could be promising.

#42 Posted by Justthatkid (3925 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping they would didn't care either way but they handled it poorly the scenes of them just felt more awkward then anything else hopefully that is changed in the follow up movie.

#43 Posted by ClarkKent12 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid:

Have you ever been really physically attracted to someone and had a few awkward moments starting out, it comes off as more natural than a forced show a la MOS's Clois relationship.

#44 Edited by Justthatkid (3925 posts) - - Show Bio

@clarkkent12: You didn't get a weird vibe with some of the lines that were said between them and scenes.

Like the one where Shazam is looking at Wondie and SM gives him the stare of death.

The comparison of the Gods, line which Supes is Zues but whatever.. :/

Or "Your Strong" "I Know" would of been better if she just smiled right after he said that or something.

She felt like a adolescent to :

#45 Posted by ClarkKent12 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@clarkkent12: You didn't get a weird vibe with some of the lines that were said between them and scenes.

Could some of it have been done better? Sure, but as a comic book fan, I've become accustomed to them ruining it horribly, so when it isn't too bad, I don't mind it.

Like the one where Shazam is looking at Wondie and SM gives him the stare of death.

I think you mean when GL tries to get at WW and Supes gets in between and then gives the stare of death.
And I kind of liked that part, it's kind of like going to the club and getting in between the guy who's trying to get at the same girl as you, seemed realistic to me.

I think she referred to Shazam as Zeus because of his abilities, you know the whole "Solomon's wisdom, Hercules' strength , Atlas stamina , Zeus power, Achilles courage, Mercury's speed, etc" to which Supes asked where he fits in there and she said he's nothing like she's ever seen before.
This was still realistic to me, I don't intend to sound pretentious, but girls have said some pretty corny/weird stuff like this to me when I feel like they're awestruck by my looks/body... Hell one girl told me, and I quote "you're so hot and so sweet, you're like the total package, I can't believe you're still single" haha, and I'm just a regular guy who goes to the gym a lot and takes care of himself, so I can definitely imagine someone saying that about Supes.

Or "Your Strong" "I Know" would of been better if she just smiled right after he said that or something.

Again, could that have been written better? Sure, but I've accepted that there will always be flaws with one thing or another, overall, that awestruck physical/sexual attraction between the two of them has laid a good foundation down for exploration of that relationship in future animated movies.

IMO of course.

#46 Posted by Justthatkid (3925 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid said:

Could some of it have been done better? Sure, but as a comic book fan, I've become accustomed to them ruining it horribly, so when it isn't too bad, I don't mind it.

I think you mean when GL tries to get at WW and Supes gets in between and then gives the stare of death.
And I kind of liked that part, it's kind of like going to the club and getting in between the guy who's trying to get at the same girl as you, seemed realistic to me.

I think she referred to Shazam as Zeus because of his abilities, you know the whole "Solomon's wisdom, Hercules' strength , Atlas stamina , Zeus power, Achilles courage, Mercury's speed, etc" to which Supes asked where he fits in there and she said he's nothing like she's ever seen before.
This was still realistic to me, I don't intend to sound pretentious, but girls have said some pretty corny/weird stuff like this to me when I feel like they're awestruck by my looks/body... Hell one girl told me, and I quote "you're so hot and so sweet, you're like the total package, I can't believe you're still single" haha, and I'm just a regular guy who goes to the gym a lot and takes care of himself, so I can definitely imagine someone saying that about Supes.

Again, could that have been written better? Sure, but I've accepted that there will always be flaws with one thing or another, overall, that awestruck physical/sexual attraction between the two of them has laid a good foundation down for exploration of that relationship in future animated movies.

IMO of course.

Well if they continue to market the relationship in animated movies or wherever I hope its written better and handled better.

Cause the concept of them being together sounds great to me.

#47 Posted by ClarkKent12 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if they continue to market the relationship in animated movies or wherever I hope its written better and handled better.

Cause the concept of them being together sounds great to me.

As do I, but looking at it realistically, with WW being written so poorly in JL War (she was basically a moron), it couldn't have been done much better... But I agree moving forward it could be done better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.