JUSTICE LEAGUE Video Game?

Posted by No_name_here (1225 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash is there in the bottom left.

It would make sense, wouldn’t it? Yesterday, we reported that talk of a Justice League movie has been revived, this time with Jonathan Nolan directing it.  A week or so before that, we reported that Warner Bros. had bought out Rocksteady Games, the company that produced BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM, and that the deal would be leading to more DC-based games. With all of that on the table, if I showed you these screenshots and said that they were for a new JUSTICE LEAGUE game, it would make a whole hell of a lot of sense, wouldn’t it?

Forget the Watchtower on the moon...

These come from Kotaku, and they suggest a few things to the contrary of that. First, the odds are that these screenshots are from a game that will tie-in to Nolan’s possible are unlikely, as the ball literally just got rolling on that.  Second, these pictures are from the portfolio of a designer from Double Helix, not Rocksteady - - though, Double Helix is making the Green Lantern movie game. And third, these are from his personal website, so they might not even be from a commissioned project at all, but just be some well-done fan art.

Like a curse from the past..

Anyway, the prospect is still pleasing isn’t it?

My mind turns, as it always does, to the last Justice League game I can recall - - the JUSTICE LEAGUE TASK FORCE fighting game that was console only. And this was back in the Super Nintendo days. Anybody else remember that? You could play as mullet Superman and bearded, hoodie-wearing Green Arrow. It didn’t exactly have the… smoothest gameplay, so there’s a good reason you probably don’t.

I give the controller to you, oh button-mashing Comic Vine community. Do you think these are legit? What would you like to see in a Justice League game?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

#1 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's by Rocksteady, i'll give it a chance

#2 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha Superman with a mullet

#3 Posted by aouric (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait, can't wait...!

#4 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"If it's by Rocksteady, i'll give it a chance "

As will I, they did a good job with Batman: Arkham Asylum.
#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Heroes wasn't bad, I've got it for PS2 surprisingly Green Arrow was the most fun to play. A game with maybe a bit more to do and greater selection of characters would be good, something somewhat like X-Men Legends or Marvel Ultimate Alliance would be cool.
#6 Posted by KingLoki (390 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope it's a Justice League Heroes sequel

#7 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool can't wait to see a video

#8 Posted by ManuelPrez (131 posts) - - Show Bio

If the game doesn't have Superman its gonna be good. My reason, superman is damn powerful. just as an unlockable character would be good and later playing the game with him would have another cutscenes and blah blah. 

#9 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4806 posts) - - Show Bio
@ManuelPrez said:
" If the game doesn't have Superman its gonna be good. My reason, superman is damn powerful. just as an unlockable character would be good and later playing the game with him would have another cutscenes and blah blah.  "
NO Way... WB... will make a game with No Superman...
#10 Posted by mathematicscore (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Heroes was clearly underpromoted, and while not perfect, underrated.  Like PrinceIMC said, more selectable characters, perhaps after an initial play through, would be awesome.  Especially in a sprawling, nextgen world.
#11 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9071 posts) - - Show Bio

I woud love to see a video game.
#12 Posted by Everything Green Lantern (17 posts) - - Show Bio

The Image with Flash in it looks kinda like it was from Justice League Heroes.

#13 Posted by The_Crow4 (16 posts) - - Show Bio
@ManuelPrez:
What about what they did with Mortal Kombat? All the of their enemies were magic. Magic makes Superman weak. They might have a story line where Supes cant use all of his power.
#14 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

is it DC online?looks like it...

#15 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7856 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Heroes was horrible.

Just copy everything about Marvel Ultimate Alliance and throw in a sh*tload of DC characters and a good storyline..

That would be epic.

#16 Posted by NightFang (10068 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123 said:
"@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"If it's by Rocksteady, i'll give it a chance "
As will I, they did a good job with Batman: Arkham Asylum. "
              And they are making a sequel too Arkham Asylum as well.
#17 Posted by qorecutter (154 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as its not published by Activision

#18 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked Justice League Heroes, and ive been praying for a followup. Hopefully we get one...

#19 Posted by Gregomasta (333 posts) - - Show Bio

No, don't want.

#20 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated Justice League Heroes. I would be great if DC made a game using the X-men Legends/ Ultimate Alliance platform. A game like that using DC characters and stories would be amazing!

#21 Posted by cadaver (143 posts) - - Show Bio

finally, some good news! I'll get it, but hope it's better than JL heroes. only complaint about that game was you couldn't chose your characters for certain parts.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.