Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3312 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Justice League to Film Back-to-Back With Batman vs Superman?

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OutlawRenegade

This isn't the freshest news, but I would love to see what you all think about this rumor:

No Caption Provided

The packed movie year of 2015 just got a little less crazy. After rumors swirled that Batman vs. Superman, or whatever the Man of Steel sequel from director Zack Snyder will be called, was going to be shot back-to-back with a Justice League follow-up, we have some disappointing news. Variety reports Warner Bros. has decided to push back the film to May 6th, 2016, instead of releasing it on July 17th, 2015 as originally planned. The film is still in pre-production, and we're betting that recent developments like Gal Gadot being cast as Wonder Woman have proven to be a little more complicated than originally thought.

However, this could potentially mean that the rumor about Batman vs. Superman and Justice Leagueshooting back-to-back could be true, because preparing for that production would take considerable more time than the studio may have thought. At least this way, Snyder and his team aren't rushing to meet a deadline and delivering a mediocre movie as a result. That just means fans will have to wait another year before seeing Ben Affleck suit up as Batman. And, this could mean that Affleck will have a clear schedule to direct Justice League if Warner Bros. was to make him an offer. However, this does put the sequel against an unknown Marvel project slated in that same weekend, so it'll be a comic book movie war.Thoughts?

--

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/warner-bros-pushes-back-batman-vs-superman-to-summer-of-2016/

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I think its a rumor from a website I've never heard of and that JL lineup is dumb.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I don't really care about the line-up as long as it has Batman, Superman, WW, a Flash and a Green Lantern; I just hope this is true because DCneeds to get their stuff together.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Captain13

Love the line-up, but don't know why people are discussing it considering the article doesn't mention it.

Anyway, this would be a great way for WB to build hype and to differentiate itself from what Marvel Studios is doing. I hope it's true, given that means we could get great films in 2016 AND 2017. Color me excited. :D

The only rumors that have me more excited are the John Stewart ones.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OutlawRenegade

ComicBookCast has been discussing this rumor in depth within the context of the other news and rumors we've gotten:

Loading Video...

I hope this is a sign we're getting some quality films from DC. Otherwise, I would be more bummed about the delay.

We need more solid news from this production.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I hope this happen. These films could be LOTR epic (and I'm not just saying that because they are rumoured to be shooting back to back). WB needs to go big if its got to stand of the crowd when it comes to superhero movies.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Captain13
    Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

As long as DC takes their time and put out stellar products I'm down for this. I'm really not bothered by the delay to be honest.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

As long as DC takes their time and put out stellar products I'm down for this. I'm really not bothered by the delay to be honest.

This.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Hal > John.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By lifeboy

This makes me happy. I want them to do it like the Hobbit where every year we get a new JL.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By LyraFay

Personally I think its good, I mean you have three icons (possibly more if we count Lex Luthor whom is just as well-known) in one movie and it would be complex, because you've got these larger than life characters and at the same time, different areas that also provide large scopes as well: Metropolis, Gotham, maybe some other DC fictional cities and of course Diana's home, Paradise Island. It's not like the Avengers which is basically in one spot for most of the time. Making it one year (alongside a Justice League movie) would be ridiculous, so doing it in two would make sense or even three. But if that's what it takes to make an excellent movies then do it that way. I can wait.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a way I don't think Justice League needs as much of a build up as Avengers did. Historically Justice League has always been a much bigger franchise then Avengers. If they limited themselves to the main five then they probably could pull it off with no more movies before Justice League. Although I think I might prefer it if the came out with a Wonder Woman movie, and maybe a Flash & Green Lantern movie first. If they established those characters it might be easier to throw a few more heroes in too.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather they go the build up route because it makes for better world building.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.