Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Justice League: The Abridged Series web show

Avatar image for watchtowerstudios
    WatchtowerStudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello, comicvine!  

Many of you no doubt at least know of abridged series online such as the very famous Dragon Ball Z Abridged by TeamFourStar. Abridged series condense series into shorter videos while adding comedic spins to them, so in a nutshell, are parodies. Most successful abridged shows are based off Japanese anime series such as Yugioh, Pokemon, and as already stated, Dragon Ball Z. I have been a comic fan all my life(almost entirely all DC. My Marvel info comes from animated series and the movies so it's much less vast than my knowledge on the DCU) So last year, I decided that I'd create an abridged series based off the popular Justice League animated series that eventually transformed into Justice League Unlimited. We've made 6 episodes now as well as started a Batman Beyond Abridged Series and have a small following of subscribers and viewers. One such viewer left a comment, suggesting ComicVine as a great place to show our series considering how many comic fans or fans of the show there probably are here. I have come to this site many times for new info on things but had never joined so decided that I finally would. So here's our latest episode of Justice League: The Abridged Series: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJbgpbJJSsE&feature=email&email=comment_received 

Is our show, perfect? Nope. Definitely not. Do I hope you'll get a few laughs out of it? Absolutely. That's all we are attempting to do, give people something that may make them at least a little happier or to get a little chuckle. We're not TeamFourStar quality when it comes to editing but someday we hope we'll improve enough to be somewhere near that level. Our first episode especially has very rough editing since it was only myself just kind of messing around for the first time. There was a drastic improvement in episode 2 according to most viewers(since I now was able to get a crew of like-minded writers and voice actors together) And our latest episode has also been noted as being the best yet, improving on the others.  

In usual comedic fashion, the main cast isn't quite as you'd expect. Superman's heroicness and boyscout attitude has been amplified, Batman is much more aggressive and self-righteous, Green Lantern has to deal all the time with people telling him he's only there to add diversity, Flash has trouble getting respect...from anyone, Wonder Woman has a tendancy to make sexual innuendos without realizing it, Hawkgirl's attitude is completely different, but the biggest change is probably from Martian Manhunter, now a sarcastic alien who absolutely loves to get under Batman's skin. So I hope you enjoy, watch the previous episodes to catch up if you'd like. We're not professionals. We're doing this for fun and to entertain.   

And now that I have a profile here...time to get adding to some characters' information!

-Watchtower

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

It was alright, I like the X-Men files better though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.