Justice League or Justice League Unlimited?

Edited 10 months, 16 days ago

Poll: Justice League or Justice League Unlimited? (59 votes)

Justice League 41%
Justice League Unlimited 59%

Which show did you like better and why?

#1 Posted by dbatdog (532 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League since it involves the big 7, unlike the unlimited which sometime does not include Batman :(

#2 Posted by TheCannon (17900 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked them both equally.

I guess I'll vote Unlimited though. It introduced me to characters like Huntress, the Question, & Captain Atom.

#3 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Format and style might be different but it's the same show. I like them equally

#4 Posted by judasnixon (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League....... They went back in time and fought Nazi for three episodes! Sooooooooooooo much fun!

#5 Edited by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlimited, because the plot was superb. Amanda Waller taking on the Justice League, Lex for President and the struggle of superheroes being feared or loved was prime storytelling for DC.

Also introduced new characters like Green Arrow, Question, and had good BM X WW episodes.

#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (38583 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlimited, because the plot was superb. Amanda Waller taking on the Justice League, Lex for President and the struggle of superheroes being feared or loved was prime storytelling for DC.

Also introduced new characters like Green Arrow, Question, and had good BM X WW episodes.

#7 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU because it had more characters.

#8 Posted by batmannflash (6189 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlimited for me.

#10 Posted by RustyRoy (10900 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved both, but I have to vote JL just because that was the first time I saw the big seven together on screen.

#11 Posted by ganon15 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I agree, my friends and I always preferred the original Justice League over Unlimited. Unlimited had to too many heroes.

#12 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@rustyroy: I agree, my friends and I always preferred the original Justice League over Unlimited. Unlimited had to too many heroes.

Yeah that's true but I love that some episodes of Unlimited featured only 2 or 3 lesser known characters and sometimes none of the original members.

#13 Posted by nigravirum1 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so for many years I liked the original Justice League much better because I liked just the original 7 better (with the occasional Aquaman and here and there). I felt that they had better stories and were much more funny. But as I recently watched all of the Justice League Unlimited again, I realized overall, it was better. I liked their first season of the government vs. the Justice League story because of how much it all fit together and because one of the main stars of that story was Green Arrow (my fav). Then the whole Secret Society thing happened which was even greater with the whole Lex Luthor and Brainiac thing. Loved it! So my vote is the Unlimited Series.

#14 Posted by SupBatz (1690 posts) - - Show Bio

Both had some really great episodes. Both had some pretty boring episodes. On average, I'd day I enjoyed Justice League more than JLU. But I usually just think of the two as one series.

#15 Posted by MajorJay (230 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU was far more interesting.. my favourite episodes were the Huntress and Question episodes..

Question was so good in it!!!

"little plastic caps at the end of a shoelace are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."

#16 Posted by SupBatz (1690 posts) - - Show Bio

@majorjay said:

JLU was far more interesting.. my favourite episodes were the Huntress and Question episodes..

Question was so good in it!!!

"little plastic caps at the end of a shoelace are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."

Agreed. They were my favorite part of JLU as well.

#17 Posted by thehummingbird (3378 posts) - - Show Bio

I preferred unlimited just because they did a really good job at balancing a large cast. plus the huntress and question arc was amazing.

#18 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them both equally, but my favourite episodes were both in Justice League, so it gets my vote (Maid of Honour and Only a Dream)

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

The two seasons of Justice League is what I preferred. A more focused, oriented look at the original team. Unlimited had a some great fights and episodes that focused on good characterization as well but I don't know, I'm just handing it to Justice League.

#20 Posted by sinestro_GL (3050 posts) - - Show Bio

The writing of JLU was on average better.

JL season 1 was pretty bad, but for me, season two of JL was the best out of JL/JLU, containing some very very good episodes.

I guess after the execs worked out the kinks in JL, they improved it when JLU was released.

#21 Posted by Deathstroke02 (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them both, but Unlimited had too many superheroes. I kinda prefer the original series, but I like them both

#22 Edited by HumanRocket (7440 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy both but JL for me is better. There were alot of great stories and the topics covered like the multiverse is something I enjoy a lot. I also like the interaction that the original 7 had in JL. JLU did have interaction but more with the new memebers with the original memebers and at times orignial members with other original memebers but I enjoy the content from the JL series.

#23 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlimited due to plot & introduction to lots of new characters.

#24 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlimited. Having a ton of characters was cool but I liked it more mainly because there were a couple of episodes with more of a comedic focus.

#25 Posted by Stefano (341 posts) - - Show Bio

i voted for Unlimited since it seemed more epic.

#26 Edited by PowerHerc (81623 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU was better.

JLU had:

• More heroes.
  • More villains.
  • A sense of linear time in which there were continuing storylines and subplots.
#27 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5500 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU by far.

#28 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU. The various characters have great personalities.

JL I didn't like. I refuse to enjoy a show about Jutice League that refers to the big 7 without Hal, Barry, or Aquaman.

#29 Edited by lightsout (1822 posts) - - Show Bio

Tie. I know people here tend to gush that JLU>>>>>>>>JL, but I didn't like that you rarely saw all of the main group. Not that I don't like the side-characters, but when you only get 20min a week, I'd want to see the big-guns every episode. (The negative of JL that makes it a tie, is that I didn't like that every damn episode was a multi-parter).

#30 Posted by dreamfall31 (523 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are fantastic and the Joker episode is hands down the best of both series, but I loved the variety in characters and stories in Unlimited.

#31 Edited by ganon15 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

And here I thought more people would like the first Justice League.

#32 Edited by RustyRoy (10900 posts) - - Show Bio

The two seasons of Justice League is what I preferred. A more focused, oriented look at the original team. Unlimited had a some great fights and episodes that focused on good characterization as well but I don't know, I'm just handing it to Justice League.

This

#33 Edited by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio

I consider them to be one.

#34 Posted by ganon15 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Yeah I prefer the original 7, they grew on me for the entire show span. JLU had a bunch of characters I could care less for, with the exception of Question and probably Green Arrow.

#35 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11091 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@deranged_midget said:

This

#36 Edited by Justthatkid (2749 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU. The various characters have great personalities.

JL I didn't like. I refuse to enjoy a show about Jutice League that refers to the big 7 without Hal, Barry, or Aquaman.

That bothered me to, Hawkgirl was great but I hate arguing about the 7 original members because of a cartoon. JLU: Hal Jordan, Mr. T, Green Arrow, Justice League Beyond and more

#37 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU: More heroes and a good ongoing story.

#38 Posted by ganon15 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, so many JLU lovers. Almost everyone I know preferred the original JL over JLU.

#39 Posted by HeckTate (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the original so much. The writing was top notch and most of the stories were 2 or 3 parts long so they didn't have to rush the conclusions. Just everything about the original Justice League was quality, it was one of my favorite animated shows of all time.

#40 Posted by War Killer (19971 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked both, but Unlimited gave the League a bigger feel as it felt like every threat was big. Not to mention that with all of the heroes and villains that appeared, the series just felt grand and world shattering.

#41 Edited by The Stegman (23041 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlimted easy. Especially since it had overarching plots instead of self contained two episode arcs

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.