Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Justice League Of America #42 Review

timrothsays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By timrothsays

Bagley's art is my biggest issue with this comics. It's awful & that's not hyperbolic
    But the story is promising. Must to overcome disgust to keep reading :(

Zombielunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Zombielunch

probably the best creative team the jla has had since benes and meltzer like three years ago.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mbecks14

What more could i ask for? a good JLA book.

Its too bad the Justice League sucks so much.  I miss the JLA. This is the Titans + Green Lantern Green Arrow and Atom.

keep those three and ditch the others. I hate Donna Troy. Starfire is a Titan. Cyborg is a Titan. I'm so tired of these rag tag "JLA"s. i DONT like this "new generation" of Justice League. its going to bomb. We'll have a new roster by September. I'm not impressed by Robinson or Bagely.

i wish i was more optimistic about this book and i hate being the whiny comic fan but...bleh

E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.

I love this idea about graduating the titans to the League. It was way past due. It is exciting , and it has me interested, but I can not stand James Robinson's writing. I think he is absolutely terrible with characterization, and some of his dialog is just weak to me. And honestly, this is some of the worst art I've seen from Mark Bagly. Not as bad as last issue, but still pretty bad. And all these characters Robinson's bringing in is fine for the story he's doing now, but I wanna see some character focus and interaction between the core league, especially the former Titans, and especially between Donna and Dick. If you look back at some old issues of the New Teen Titans, she never believed Dick could be Batman. I want to see that brought up, I wanna see BatmanII prove to his team that he's definitely a dark knight and not a boy wonder anymore.

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By brc2000

I wasn't much into the last issue mainly because of the dialogue feeling a bit off. This one is thankfully more enjoyable, but as previously mentioned Robinsons just isn't very good with his dialogue.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Theodore

Yeah, Robinson isn't too sharp on dialogue, but if G-Man rated it a 4.5 I will have to give it a read!

Caffeine Buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Caffeine Buzz

I really like this new lineup. Just wish they woulda showed more Congorilla. Can't wait for the next issue!

4Essence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 4Essence
    @E.I.S.A.M.:

I take all these points to heart, bro and agree; though I havent read Robinson's League yet. You were the first of a lot of guys on here to say that his writing is terrible. I wonder what could have happened to him. I thought his work on "The Golden Age" miniseries was terrific, but that was a little while ago. Hurm....
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Dick already has enough to deal with in Gotham, does he really have the time to lead the Justice League?

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Legacy_

Might pick this up...I hope Robinson does not disappoint >_>

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Donna stole the show in that issue

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#12  Edited By No_Name_
    @Zombielunch said:
    " probably the best creative team the jla has had since benes and meltzer like three years ago. "
    Seriously? I've got to disagree. This is the first good issue since McDuffie left the title.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iLLituracy

I did notice that Bagley's art isn't as sharp as it's supposed to be. Bagley is by no means a bad artist, but it looks sloppy.

@Mbecks14 said:

" What more could i ask for? a good JLA book.  Its too bad the Justice League sucks so much.  I miss the JLA. This is the Titans + Green Lantern Green Arrow and Atom.  keep those three and ditch the others. I hate Donna Troy. Starfire is a Titan. Cyborg is a Titan. I'm so tired of these rag tag "JLA"s. i DONT like this "new generation" of Justice League. its going to bomb. We'll have a new roster by September. I'm not impressed by Robinson or Bagely.  i wish i was more optimistic about this book and i hate being the whiny comic fan but...bleh "
    Just because they're Titans or started out as Titans doesn't mean they can't be the Justice League, not even if the majority of the team is composed of former or current Titans [I haven't read Titans since early on, I remember Dick leaving the team, so I don't know who else is still there].

You also left out Dr. Light, Black Canary, Guardian and Mon-El. Along with Ray Palmer, Green Arrow, and Hal Jordan, that means the majority aren't even Titans, so I don't really see what you're upset about on that front.

@FoxxFireArt said:
    " Dick already has enough to deal with in Gotham, does he really have the time to lead the Justice League? "
    I don't think Dick is established as leader, I believe it's Donna Troy that was leading it unless I overlooked when Batman was established as leader.
    IGMATIK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IGMATIK

IS THIS THE JLA OR A TEEN TITANS REUNION, IM GLAD AQUALAD(TEMPEST)IS NOT ON THE TEAM.........DOES HAL HAVE TIME FOR JLA WITH ALL THE BLACKEST NIGHT AND NOW BRIGHEST DAY COMING UP?PLEASE DONT TELL ME OLLIE IS GOING TO BE DOPEHEAD BECAUSE WHAT HAPPPEN 2 SPEEDY??????????NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WELL HE ALREADY IS AN ALCHOLIC ON SMALLVILLE ANYWAY............PLEASE GIVE MON-EL AN NEW SUIT OR SWITCH HIM WITH SUPERBOY.......
    the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By the_fallen11
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    "Dick already has enough to deal with in Gotham, does he really have the time to lead the Justice League? "

I agree. he's been having enough trouble keeping robin in check, the last thing he needs is to lead a team.
    Avatar image for secret_identity
    Secret Identity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By Secret Identity

I really enjoyed the JLA when it was rebooted before but it got REALLY bad recently (about the time Dr. Light joined the team) and has been very bad for a while. This new team gives me renewed hope though as i'm enjoying a lot of these characters else where.  
    Dick is a great Batman and i'm glad he's on the team.  
    Donna  I prefer to WW.  
    Mon-El and Guardian have been good in the Superman/Action Comics stuff and Mon-El is a welcome break from Superman.  
    Congarilla I absolutely love as a character.  
    Otherwise I think the team is fairly rounded and whilst yes Dick is dealing with other stuff (as are Mon-El and Guardian) that is something that has never been a problem for "The Big Three"(and their other team mates) before. Why should this team be any different. 
    I've never liked the Titans but have always liked certain members of the team (Roy, Dick and Donna in particular) and as such I don't a flying fryer about Cyborg or Starfire. I also NEVER liked Dr. Light so her consistent appearances don't do anything for me.  

That being said I think its a good team and a nice change. When I read the JSA before the best thing about it was the new members finding their feet. Now we have that plus some interesting dynamics that have and could form. For me the art is ok (The splash pages in particular) nothing exceptional but its certainly passable. The writing, again, not too bad. Not great but solid enough. Having just read this issue I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming next and have enjoyed the story so far (even if not much has happened yet). For me a 3.5 - 4 out of 5 is about right. 

And one other thing i would like to point out is that this arch is set AFTER Blackest Night and Cry for Justice (even though i know neither have actually finished yet) so their time in the group doesn't clash with their other activities elsewhere in the U as far as I can tell. (Which i'd say includes the fact the current Batman and Robin arch is taking place in London) 

I'd recommend going into this with an open mind. If you don't think it'll be any good you'll pick at it and not enjoy it. Read it on it's own for what it is and you may be pleasantly surprised.   

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By NightFang3

This was a pretty cool issue and i'm loving the "new generation" Justice League thing there doing.

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

It is very cool that Donna is actually in the JLA.

Avatar image for the_amazing_joe
    The_Amazing_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Amazing_Joe

I just do not like this book.  I look at my older issue of JLA and wonder, what went wrong?  It's like the heroes of the DC universe said, "Sure we don't have the good Justice League available right now.  So lets put together a team of 2nd stringers and "has-beens" and form a new JLA until such time as the Real team comes back from where ever they are."

This book has become unreadable.  I'm canceling my subscription until such time as the book becomes interesting again.

Zombielunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zombielunch
    @Babs: yeah, didn't like the whole icon thing at all.
    E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.

The best Justice League, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Aquaman, is surprisingly.... also the worst. Here's the thing. Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, GL, Flash, and most of the time... Aquaman, and J'on all have ongoing books. The best JLA has ever been is when it was an action adventure blockbuster, and there's only so long and so much you can do with that.  
    When the Justice League animated series came out, They had absolute freedom to tell stories heavy with romance,  drama, character development, and surprises. The comic is tied down by so many strings that it might as well be a parade float. However, it also depends allot on the writer of the book as well, and the leg room DC would allow him/her. I guarantee you all if Geof Johns walked in and said that he wanted to write the Justice League, everyone would differ to him, Gail Simone, James Robinson, Grant Morison, and anyone else that needed too, whether they wanted to or not. He's their bread winner, the architect of the DCU. 
    The only way DC's gonna get a unanimous vote of confidence on the direction of Justice League is if they go about it with some serious gusto. Justice League's writer should be top notch, and every writer on the other books should, in some way, differ to them. It can be done. It should be done. I want it to be done. But for the most part, it isn't.  
    Just my thoughts on the JLA matter in general :/

CaliComicFeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CaliComicFeen

Kinda brought me back to the old 80's/early 90's JLA.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.