Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Justice League of America #4 the road to Trinity War

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

Edited By broo1232

SPOILERS FOR JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #4!! MAJOR SPOILERS!

I have seen a ton of discussion about this particular issue and of course the demise of one of the most well known females in comics, Catwoman. I've seen a lot of theories as to what is going on and here I'm going to discuss them all, but in my opinion, this is the bigger trigger for Trinity War.

So what happened?

No Caption Provided

In Issue 4 Catwoman is shot through the head at point blank rangeby the leader of the secret Society. Now who is going to survive that? Catwoman wouldn't I could understand if it was someone with powers like Martian Manhunter, they could survive it (which is one of the theories) but Catwoman sure would be dead, and I believe she is dead or at least until after Trinity War.

She's dead!

Justice League of America #5

No Caption Provided

On the cover to Justice League of America #5 it shows a coffin and in the solicit it says that someone died at the end of issue 4 Catwoman, while this could obviously be misleading, or it could be someone else gets killed in it (Stargirl is a possibility), but seeing as she's on the cover to Trinity War I doubt it's here (so is Catwoman but more on that later). I do believe this is the death on the cover to issue 5 even thought it covers up who it is.

The solicit to issue 5

Reeling from the traumatic death following issue #4’s cliffhanger, the “world’s most dangerous team” discovers what the Secret Society is ultimately after—and who they are. But can Steve Trevor get this uncontrollable team under control before it’s too late? Plus, a revelation about Stargirl leaves one of her team members out for blood.

Trinity war

Trinity War it says in the solicit is caused by a death that brings all of the Justice League's into the fight and obviously the connection with this that will bring Batman and the Justice League when he finds out what happens, and I see no other way this event is going to start. It makes perfect sense for this to happen plus imagine how it's going to go down when the rest of the world and the Justice League find out.

No Caption Provided

Phantom Stranger

No Caption Provided

In the solicit for issue 11 of Phantom Stranger it says they go down to the afterlife to find the murdered soul of a Justice League member. Now on this cover it has the Phantom Stranger who will have a lot to do with Trinity War, Deadman (obviously he'd go he's dead) Katanna probably because of her soul sword, but then I thought what Batman? Batman would go to the afterlife? Then after I read this issue it made perfect sense. He cares for Catwoman and would probably go out of his way to save her.Batman looks looks very out of place in this group, but with issue 4 the whole thing falls into place.

She isn't Dead!

Martian Manhunter

This is the obvious one, Martian Manhunter was shot disguised as Catwoman, but one this feels like a cop out on Johns' part this is an over used plot point in comics these days, really overused. I doubt this considering the evidence, but it's possible and someone else dies.

Amanda Waller

Now I don't read Suicide Squad, but if I am correct Amanda Waller owns a serum that can bring anyone back to life if there body is still intact, and she has used this before. Also Amanda said she wanted Catwoman in the Suicide Squad in the first issue or at least suggested it, so I wouldn't rule this option out, but it still feels like this isn't going to happen.

Verdict

I believe she is dead there are arguments against, but from what I gathered from solicits and other bits of information it is likely Catwoman who was killed, and this leads to the clash of the two leagues and Trinity war.

This is my opinion please comment on what you think about issue and Trinity War as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.