Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Justice League movie set for 2015

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#251  Edited By cameron83

I think they should hurry up with it.I mean delaying it and bringing solos,would take about 6-7 years with DC.Nah,I guess marvel already beat you guys to it and won,sorry!

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By CrimsonCake

Releasing this movie in the same year as Avengers 2 could be problematic...

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#253  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

This is awesome. But I'm going to say it, It's more than likely going to suck. We all know it. Warner Brothers are clearly rushing this and it will fail horribly. Not in the box office, but just as a movie. Mark my word. I shall return in 2015! Even with a great writer and director I just don't see this working, especially with Warner Bros behind this.. All I can see is Green Lantern all over again.....

Nolan would have to give up his 'realism' stuff if he wants to do this.. I can see it now.. Wonder Woman is from some lost tribe of women in the jungles of Brazil.. The Flash is a super genius who creates shoes that make him run fast... Aquaman is a ripoff from Kevin Costner's character in Waterworld..... lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
    deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 roster would be pretty cool. However I find that Cyborg might just be too hard to do and could become a hastle for the movie. I'm thinking of just eliminating that position completely just for the movie =/

Galactic_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By Galactic_Man

@CrimsonCake said:

Releasing this movie in the same year as Avengers 2 could be problematic...

Marvel put DC and Warner Bros on suicide watch :P That's why they announced it so fast... It's like back in 2005 - Marvel announced their plans for Avengers then suddenly a Justice League movie goes into development... But fails, lol - imagine if it happens again.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

#256  Edited By FlashKnight

I don't see why people have to pick a side. Sure, I like DC more, but I enjoy Marvel a lot as well. I'm DC-first but I loved the Avengers, it became one of my favorite films. But does that make me any less of a Batman/Flash/etc. fan? No way.

Razero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Razero

Avengers 2 and Justice League in the same summer?

Pure awesomeness.

Skulexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By Skulexander

I think that in order for the JL movie to not be like the Avengers movie (alien invasion, or any kind of invasion for that matter), yet still have it interesting with interesting villains without using the biggest big bad they can find for just the first movie (Darkseid), they need to make the JL's enemies a supervillain team. Like the Injustice League, or maybe have a Crisis on Two Earths or Justice Lord-type plot.

marvelftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#259  Edited By marvelftw

I fear the movie's gonna bomb because of the general public's lack of knowledge with any DC hero not named Batman or Superman. Plus, I feel it'll be too soon to see a new Batman on the big screen again. Those points aside, the roster should have: Superman (duh), Batman (you kinda have to), Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern (make him actually good this time) Those are the must-haves. Aquaman, maybe. Make him really B.A. though. Martian Manhunter may be hard to explain in one film where he's not even the main character. And Cyborg just seems like more of a Titan to me.

JV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By JV

Them song: Thunderstruck by AC/DC. Supes busting through a brick wall; Batman swinging in from his rope; Flash racing across the city; Aquaman leaps out of the water; Wonder Woman jumps from a landing and GL comes flying down from space all to come meet at a central point to do battle..... and yes to Thunderstruck

Supes1903

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By Supes1903

AC/DC was and still is used as Tony's soundtrack for awesome. I doubt DC would want that correlation being made by the audience.

JV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By JV

@Supes1903: haha, I have no creativity at all, but for some reason when I hear that song and every time the chorus line chimes in with Thunder. I always visualize a camera shot to a each of the members coming in to join forces.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@JV: How about "New Dawn Fades" Instrumental by Moby. Gives them a more badass feel.

No Caption Provided

Or some Jay Z?

Supes1903

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By Supes1903

@JV said:

@Supes1903: haha, I have no creativity at all, but for some reason when I hear that song and every time the chorus line chimes in with Thunder. I always visualize a camera shot to a each of the members coming in to join forces.

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with your idea. I was just pointing out that Marvel has already made good use of their music so I doubt it would get re-used especially considering the context.

JV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By JV

@OutlawRenegade: Very cool

superbatprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By superbatprime

...and to think, I decried the very notion of a JLA movie.

I claimed a JLA movie would NEVER happen... I hereby return from beyond the void to publicly eat those words (as I said I would), om nom nom.

I've never been more happy to be wrong... but they better not screw it up.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

bad idea. bad idea. so many problems for Justice League 2015 (10 reasons why)

1) they don't even have a proper script, makes me wonder why wouldn't they take some of the story from the comics. ITS NOT THAT HARD

2) besides Henry Cavill they don't have a cast. they don't even have a director. they're fucked.

3) they haven't decided on the roster. I say keep the top 5 supes, bats, ww, flash and gl. others will come in later JL movies. too early for cyborg, aquaman etc to appear.

4) from the top 5 they don't have solo movies for ww or flash. I don't think they're even planning on making any before 2015. they should if they want the audience to understand the movie not be confused by how some of the characters got there.

5) they want to make the JL 2015 first before any solo movies. the general audience isn't going to like this, especially with characters who's origin they know not of.

6) they want to reboot everything. starting from Man of Steel every other DC character to be in JL 2015 will get rebooted. personally I think supes, bats and gl don't need to be rebooted seeing they've already braced the big screen and most people should know. If not they can't complain e.g a GL movie was never made because it was. Just give a ww and flash movie and its done. Unfortunately time constraints forces them to forget this otherwise they would need to make 6 other solo movies. 2 more movies is all that's needs. forget rebooting.

7) they feel pressured. they're rushing things. mistakes happen when things are rushed. that it slowly and do what Marvel did with their solo movies backing up Avengers. No one's gonna say or care about DC copying Marvel or JL being Avengers rip-off. No one cares. This movie should be for all not just comic book fans who understand how comics work. Many people in the world don't read comics.

8) They are competing with Avengers 2! bad mistake. Avengers is already big. Avengers 2 is arguably gonna be better, if not people will be eager to see it anyway regardless if its crap or not. JL 2015 on the other hand won't be. No back up solo movies, no sequence of events, rushing straight to the big screen. Very few would be eager to wanna see this. Star Wars is also coming out giving double bucks for Disney. Warner Bros can't compete in the same year. Instead of the JL being compared to Avengers 1 they end being compared to Avengers 2. If JL sucked compared to Avengers 2 then that's it even if JL is better than Avengers 1.

9) they're only a year away from release. they're running out of time. I would advise to reschedule the times and have a JL movie later, earliest 2017 after flash and ww have been done properly. If not 2020 with all the stupid time-wasting reboots. We may all be eager for a JL movie but I'm willing to wait. No point in being quick and crappy (which I assume might be like GL movie) when slow and steady accounts for mistakes. Avengers 1 may be good now, Avengers may be better but in the long run JL should get the edge unless they stuff up now, then they'll find it hard to recover.

10) if the JL movie sucks (hopefully it won't) then DC is done for. Warner Bros goes bankrupt after being so successful. Marvel is currently more popular than DC. This could be DC's turning point to gain the lost ground over Marvel. DC doesn't need Stan Lee or anything that makes Marvel famous. They just need to take things slowly and carefully, they're characters can be epically awesome on the big screen but they need to be handled properly. DC doesn't prize themselves on popularity unlike Marvel but they need to be careful when spending big bucks. DC animated movies, comics, tv series from what I've seen are much better than Marvel animated movies, comics, tv series. I expect the live-action film to be the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.