Justice League Movie Roster

  • 96 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's on your film roster?

#2 Edited by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Batman

Wonder Woman

Flash

John Stewart

Aquaman

#3 Posted by abtk21 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Batman

Wonder Woman

Martian Manhunter

Flash (Wally)

Green Lantern (John Stewart)

#4 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: Can Martian Manhunter count as a black guy if that's what he picks as a secret identity?

#6 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10096 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: I was legit just about to ask this. Because its thats the case I choose: Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman, GL, Flash, and Martian Manhunter. If MM doesn't count as the black person.....then I guess I would have to go with.... STEEL.

#7 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@Superdork: Can Martian Manhunter count as a black guy if that's what he picks as a secret identity?

No. That's part of the challenge.

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Steel would be my go to pick as well. Steel > Cyborg.

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright. 6 Person JLA movie roster with a woman and a black character:

  1. Superman
  2. Batman
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Flash
  5. Hal Jordan
  6. Steel
#10 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#11 Edited by The_Tree (6430 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
  • Flash (Barry Allen)
  • Black Lightning
#12 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman - Immediatly lends the JL prestige and makes it easier for the public to trust, and he is also a major power house.

Batman- He'll bring in fans and he's a great strategist for the League

Flash ( Barry ) - Every super team needs a speedster

Green Lantern (Hal)- I'd have put John stewart in here to satisfy my minority need but the relationship between GL Barry and Bats is too good to pass up

Cyborg- satisfys my race based need and could be a cool character for this set up.

Wonder woman - as much as i don't like her she needs to be in this for fans

#13 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#14 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

icon

rocket

vixen

john stewart

black lightning

flash (played by donald glover)

#15 Edited by Captain13 (3029 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Black Lightning
  • Green Lantern
  • Flash
#16 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe said:

Superman - Immediatly lends the JL prestige and makes it easier for the public to trust, and he is also a major power house.

Batman- He'll bring in fans and he's a great strategist for the League

Flash ( Barry ) - Every super team needs a speedster

Green Lantern (Hal)- I'd have put John stewart in here to satisfy my minority need but the relationship between GL Barry and Bats is too good to pass up

Cyborg- satisfys my race based need and could be a cool character for this set up.

Wonder woman - as much as i don't like her she needs to be in this for fans

#17 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#18 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Steel would be my go to pick as well. Steel > Cyborg.

Pretty much every African American DC character other than Cyborg is better than Cyborg lol  
  
Every character that has appeared in their own film (Superman, Batman and GL) will be in this JL, just for arguments sake
  • Superman (Henry Cavill)
  • Batman (Christian Bale)
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash
  • Green Lantern (Hal)
  • Vixen
#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Steel would be my go to pick as well. Steel > Cyborg.

Pretty much every African American DC character other than Cyborg is better than Cyborg lol

Totally lol. Good call on Vixen. DC doesn't give her enough to do.

#20 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Batman

Wonder Woman

Martian Manhunter

GL (John Stewart)

Flash (Wally)

#21 Posted by Aero_gt (838 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Batman

Wonder woman <-Main Three obviously

Green Lantern(John)

Flash(Wally)

Zatanna

#22 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#23 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe said:

Superman - Immediatly lends the JL prestige and makes it easier for the public to trust, and he is also a major power house.

Batman- He'll bring in fans and he's a great strategist for the League

Flash ( Barry ) - Every super team needs a speedster

Green Lantern (Hal)- I'd have put John stewart in here to satisfy my minority need but the relationship between GL Barry and Bats is too good to pass up

Cyborg- satisfys my race based need and could be a cool character for this set up.

Wonder woman - as much as i don't like her she needs to be in this for fans

Pretty much my response.

#24 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

The Trinity obviously

Wally West - The best and most entertaining Flash in my opinion

John Stewart - Loved the way he worked with the team in the JL cartoon

Cyborg - I actually like him in the JL and think the team could use a good modern day tech expert. Not to mention the fact that he'd look awesome on the big screen, with his current look.

#25 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Superman
  2. Wonder Woman
  3. Batman
  4. Zatanna
  5. John Stewart
  6. Martian Manhunter
#26 Posted by TheCannon (16096 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Batman

Wonder Woman

Martian Manhunter

Flash (Wally)

John Stewart

#27 Posted by TAneT62 (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe: Lol Wonderwoman is one of the main founders of JLA, and the first female superheroe to join, the oldest female superheroe aswell, i dont know why you'd put her at the bottom of ur list ....

#28 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

1. superman

2. batman

3.wonder woman

4. flash- wally west

5. Dr. fate

6. firestorm ( jason rusch)

#29 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@TAneT62: It's quite simple. I really don't like her. She has always come off as rude and abrasive and her mission has never made sense to me. Hypollyta made a better wonder woman than Diana IMO. I'd much rather see Black Canary as a member. Black Canary is a strong female character who stands up for herself but doesn't come off badly. Also Canary doesn't have an invisible plane.

#30 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by TAneT62 (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe: Rude and Abrasive? dude do you even know or understand WW? its ignorant people like yourself making statements such as the statement you just posted irrelevent"/

But hey, thats your personal opinion and im not going to question it. Black Canary can never be what WW is.

#32 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

@TAneT62 said:

@SuperShafe: Rude and Abrasive? dude do you even know or understand WW? its ignorant people like yourself making statements such as the statement you just posted irrelevent"/

But hey, thats your personal opinion and im not going to question it. Black Canary can never be what WW is.

To be fair to

#33 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@TAneT62 said:

@SuperShafe: Rude and Abrasive? dude do you even know or understand WW? its ignorant people like yourself making statements such as the statement you just posted irrelevent"/

But hey, thats your personal opinion and im not going to question it. Black Canary can never be what WW is.

To be fair to

Yeah my opinion isn't based on her solo serieses. My problems with her originate from things like kingdom come, Her appearance in secret six, trinity, and other team focused stories. The only time I bothered with wonder woman solo was when JMS was in charge and I enjoyed that.

Seriously though. Black Canary can never be What Wonder Woman is? JLA year one, she was the first woman on the League. Black Canary has also led the league quite successfully and is an excellent role model for women.

#34 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe: I think Black Canary has far more successful tenures with Birds of Prey and JSA than with the JLA. Her time leading the JLA was short and uninspiring. When they closed the chapter on that book they had to include a scene where characters reflected on their time together and the writer had to make up a bunch of adventures we never saw them have because the run was so bad.

Or wait, maybe I'm thinking of the JLA that came after them. The one with Grayson and Mon-El. We've had some bad JLA runs lately.

#35 Edited by Captain13 (3029 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

Just in case anyone is having trouble thinking of all DC's black heroes, here's as complete a list I could think up after sitting on it a while:

There's a lot of good options on that list.

#37 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Superman

Wonder Woman

Vixen

Green Lantern Hal

Flash Wally West

#38 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

Kanye West - Stronger

Powered by mp3skull.com

Interesting... No sixth?

#39 Edited by Captain13 (3029 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@Captain13 said:

Kanye West - Stronger

Powered by mp3skull.com

Interesting... No sixth?

Can't think of one. I wanted a futuristic, pseudo-science Justice League w/o magic. Can't think of anyone else who fits the bill. Booster Gold has the pedigree, but I already have a tech guy, a time traveler, and an energy wielder. So he isn't necessary.

Martian Manhunter kinda works but I already have two aliens. And I think that the sixth member should be female.

Thought about adding Raven, but then it has too many former Titans. Maybe Raven could be used for the sequel, in which they battle Trigon.

But when you get right down to it. There's no need for a sixth member.

#40 Posted by richardjohngrayson (393 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Batman
  2. Wonder Woman
  3. Flash (Barry Allen)
  4. Green Latern (Hal Jordan)
  5. Superman
  6. Cyborg
#41 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Wonder Woman

Superman

Flash (Barry, or Wally)

Green Lantern (Hal)

and Steel

You could put Cyborg in for Steel if you want, but I just prefer Steel.

#42 Posted by The Monkey Manhunter (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

Batman

Cyborg

Robin

Flash (Wally)

Wonder Woman

#43 Posted by TheCannon (16096 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

Batman

Flash

Green Lantern

Aquaman

Martian Manhunter

#44 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8756 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n said:

Superman

Batman

Wonder Woman

Martian Manhunter

GL (John Stewart)

Flash (Wally)

#45 Posted by dawsey28 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I would go with the Classic 6 members. JLA mainstays.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash, and Green Lantern.

Just make Green Lantern John Stewart instead of Hal Jordan.

#46 Posted by desmond006 (594 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd pick

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman obviously.

then Aquaman, GL (john), and MMH.

#47 Posted by TheCannon (16096 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do we have to have a black person? Can't we just have Cyborg in a sequel?

#48 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Why do we have to have a black person? Can't we just have Cyborg in a sequel?

no

#49 Posted by TheCannon (16096 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@TheCannon said:

Why do we have to have a black person? Can't we just have Cyborg in a sequel?

no

Why? The only real options are John Stewart and Cyborg, but you have to have Hal as the GL, and Cyborg would suck in a Justice League movie.

#50 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@Superdork said:

@TheCannon said:

Why do we have to have a black person? Can't we just have Cyborg in a sequel?

no

Why? The only real options are John Stewart and Cyborg, but you have to have Hal as the GL, and Cyborg would suck in a Justice League movie.

Dems the rules. If you don't like them, then don't reply to the thread. It's not that hard to make a choice.

Also, there are a lot more than 2 Black heroes to choose from. You don't necessarily need to follow comics to the letter. The X-Films didn't and they turned out fine.

Black Heroes:

Amazing Man I, II, III, and IV

Aqualad II

Batwing

Black Lightning

Bronze Tiger

Bumblebee

Coldcast

Cyborg

Empress

Firestorm

Green Lantern

Jakeem Thunder

Hot Spot

Mister Terrific II

Mister Miracle III

Rocket

The Spectre

Steel

Vixen

Vox/Herald

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.