Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Justice League movie given tentative green light by Warner Bros.

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ironshadow

Several weeks ago, Warner Bros announced they are planning on fill the gap left by the culmination of the Harry Potter franchise with DC superhero films. With Green Lantern due out in theaters next summer, along with the third installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy and a rebooted Superman film the following year, fans were beginning to wonder how soon it would be before these heroes came together into one ensemble movie. Now we're a few steps closer. 

A Justice League of America film has been given the tentative green light by Warner Bros. Though the film is still in it's very, very early stages (no script has been officially worked on, but the basic plot is outlined), actors are quietly being pursued to test for the roles. The big surprise is the current team roster: Green Lantern, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter. That's right, folks, no Superman or Batman; at least not yet. The film will be used to introduce Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter to general audiences. Both Green Lantern and The Flash movies would have already been released in theaters, so there would be no need to delve into their origins. Either Superman or Batman, or both, could eventually make their way into the script; though at this time the studio is slowly moving forward without their inclusion. Several comics series, including the team's first outing in The Brave and the Bold, have worked quite well without Batman and Superman as a part of the initial team. 

With the role of Green Lantern already taken by actor Ryan Reynolds, four slots are waiting to be filled. Can a JLA film meet the expectations of fans, and gain general audience approval, without the inclusion of DC Comics' "big two" heroes? Fans will have to wait and see.      

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

It sounds good but I don't know if it is a good idea not to have Superman and Batman in.

gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gambit987

souns like avengers

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ironshadow
    @Edamame said:
    " Nolan has stated that he wants his Batman out of any Justice League film. Pity. "
    As if Batman is actually his, and besides since he's ending "his" Batman with the 3rd movie there's no reason why Warner couldn't use Batman in the JL movie and have Bale again, that is if he want's to and if not then they should just get someone else to play Batman.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I can understand not having Batman, his awesomeness can be overwhelming, and you get an X3 effect. But not having Supes is asking for trouble.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ms__omega

Good News

nicknicholby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By nicknicholby
    @Edamame: 
    That is the single most pompous thing I have ever read.  He didn't create Batman.
    Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

That sounds like they're chickening out of giving Wonder Woman a solo gig until they see how she does in Justice League which is disappointing. I can understand why on paper, every major female led superhero film has failed. Of course that misses the reason why: they both sucked and failed to utilise the characters properly.

ahumancartoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ahumancartoon

Bale's Batman dosen't fit in the shared universe. The genius that Nolan is put a real world spin in his movies and took out any of the more outlandish elements. I knew DC would shoot themselves in the foot when they let him handle the franchise. and just think, this is what we have to look forward to now that he's doing Superman. 

FAIL!!!

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By RedK

sounds awesome, 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

" I can understand not having Batman, his awesomeness can be overwhelming, and you get an X3 effect. But not having Supes is asking for trouble. "
     Superman and Batman didn't join the league at the begining so it could still work if they joined in the second film
    ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ironshadow
    @RedK said:
    " sounds awesome, 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " I can understand not having Batman, his awesomeness can be overwhelming, and you get an X3 effect. But not having Supes is asking for trouble. "
     Superman and Batman didn't join the league at the begining so it could still work if they joined in the second film "
    That's one version of the story.
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By TheMess1428

A little part of me wants them to trade Wonder Woman for Black Canary. But this is sounding a lot like Avengers. Ant-Man and Wasp have to wait til Avengers 2 and now Superman and Batman have to wait til JLA2. And Flash and GL leading up to the movie just like Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Cap. Also introducing Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter in the movie is just like introducing Hawkeye in Avengers.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RedK
    @ironshadow said:
    " @RedK said:
    " sounds awesome, 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
     Superman and Batman didn't join the league at the begining so it could still work if they joined in the second film "
    That's one version of the story. "
    yea but from the sounds of it thats the version their going with
    ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ironshadow
    @RedK said:
    " @ironshadow said:
    " @RedK said:
    " sounds awesome, 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    That's one version of the story. "
    yea but from the sounds of it thats the version their going with "
    Well I sure hope not, they should keep out MM and Aquaman, how many underwater scenes could a JL movie have anyway and have Hal fight some badass alien on Mars and uncover MM in a stasis pod or somethin' like, I'm just sayin' I think the JL movie should be with Supes, Bats, WW, GL and Flash.
    Avatar image for oihooliganismoi
    oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oiHooliganismoi

with no superman their is no justice league ....... can deal with out batman..... but not superman.... he is the leader thats like having the avengers movie with out captain america again batman can be left out and it wouldnt effect the story much... infact rather not have batman in cause they will have him be the hero that saves every one else which would be total bogus... especially if they use nolan's reality based batman

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RedK
    @ironshadow:  actually if they went with MM being on earth for years, observing humans, the intro could be an account of all the heroes coming out people accepting them and MM feeling comfortable enough to debute. as for not having the trinity starting up the JLA, i am kind of disapointed with it, these thre are like the Titans and all the other heroes are gods looking up to them, if you know what i mean.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEGRAAF

im not happy with the roster but i think as long as they are going to leave supes and batman out of it then they should put Green Arrow on the team, he can fill in as the digruntled team member for bats 

i do think its wrong tho and they should start out with the original 5 or whatever
    Avatar image for comix_christian
    comix christian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By comix christian
    @ironshadow:
    And where do you have this news from? I haven't seen news of this anywhere online except for here, so how did you get you're information?
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By johnny_spam
    @ironshadow:   
    @Pheonix of the white throne:   
    @Ms. Omega:
    @Cosmic Sentinel:   
    @ahumancartoon:
    It's from comicbookmovie.com half the stuff is just made up and can be put by anyone and not anyone official take it with a grain of salt  IT"S JUST A RUMOR NOTHING IS CONFIRMED!
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Crom-Cruach

you cannot make a JLA movie without Batman and Superman.

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Amegashita

Hmmm, no Batman huh?  I guess this is one rumor/ possible movie to watch that I can cross off my "To Watch List".

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Replace Bats & Supes w/Booster and Blue Beetle.
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By johnny_spam
    @Amegashita: @Amegashita said:
    "   Hmmm, no Batman huh?  I guess this is one rumor/ possible movie to watch that I can cross off my "To Watch List". "
    If it were fact then DC or Warner Brothers or Geoff Johns would have announced it themselves.
    Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Amegashita
    @johnny spam:  Yeah that's true.  But if there is no Batman then I definitely won't be feeling any possible urge to go see this movie.  I'll sit at home and curse it and hope it bombs horribly in the box office.
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By johnny_spam
    @Amegashita: @Amegashita said:
    " @johnny spam:  Yeah that's true.  But if there is no Batman then I definitely won't be feeling any possible urge to go see this movie.  I'll sit at home and curse it and hope it bombs horribly in the box office. "
    It could work without Superman and Batman there would be more focus on the others but it wouldn't be as big without Superman and Batman.  

Still it's not like it's not like it's anything more than a rumor what makes me annoyed is all the "exclusives" comicbookmovie.com has when there is nothing but rumors and stuff repeated from other websites and yet somehow it's official news.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.