Justice League Movie Director Should be J.J. Abrams

#1 Posted by kingdomenic (158 posts) - - Show Bio

The script needs to be similar to the Avengers in the sense that its needs to have plenty of action and humor. At the end of the day all of these movies are made in order to make money. They are not made for the small group of us who have a pull list at comic book shops around the country. These have to appeal to the masses. I think that JJ could do a great job handling the type things this movies needs to be a success. I thought he handle Star Trek beautifully and I think the Justice League could really benefit from his vision. He has a lot of respect for the original content but he's not afraid to put his own spin on things. It seems to me that I am the only one saying this at the moment but I wanted to see if anyone agreed with me. I really don't think Affleck is the way to go here. I don't think he is a bad director, just not the right one.

#2 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone suggested Peter Jackson but I just really want to see this project progress.

#3 Posted by kingdomenic (158 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: I could get on board with Peter Jackson, but would him directing mean that the Justice League would have to include hobbits in someway?

#4 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingdomenic said:

@CrimsonCake: I could get on board with Peter Jackson, but would him directing mean that the Justice League would have to include hobbits in someway?

Maybe prawns.

#5 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Abrams doesn't write it, I'm fine with that.

#6 Posted by The Stegman (20734 posts) - - Show Bio

i Actually heard they are doing the opposite of the Avengers, instead of making a series of tie in movies then the JL they will make JL with the tie ins coming afterwards...at least that's what the rumor is.

#7 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont want the script to be a knock-off of the avengers they dont need to throw in dumb one-liners in every scene to make the movie good. Green lantern tried to be funny and look how it turned out. and since they are doing Man of Steel in a serious fashion i doubt they are going to make justice league funny anyway.

#8 Posted by kingdomenic (158 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19: I am just saying you don't get to 200+ million in a weekend without having something for everyone in your movie. Like I said these movies are for the masses not for the people who love reading comics enough to come to this site. And just for the record, I would prefer to see a darker JL movie myself.

#9 Posted by RazzaTazz (9350 posts) - - Show Bio
@kingdomenic said:

@ratman19: I am just saying you don't get to 200+ million in a weekend without having something for everyone in your movie. Like I said these movies are for the masses not for the people who love reading comics enough to come to this site. And just for the record, I would prefer to see a darker JL movie myself.

Abrams would be ok, but the problem with the League is finding some great story to tell it with.  I think this is how Nolan succeeded so well with Batman, as he had a vision.  Another superhero origin movie might not fly so well at the moment seeing as there are so many.  Also Kathryn McCormack for Wonder Woman ... just saying.  
#10 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Abrahms produces. Brad Bird directs.

#11 Posted by kingdomenic (158 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: Obviously having the Wonder Woman look is important, but she has to be able to fight. Nothing is worse than when its the girl's time to step up to the plate and she looks like a drunken boxer from the 20s.

#12 Posted by SavageDragon (2166 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingdomenic said:

@RazzaTazz: Obviously having the Wonder Woman look is important, but she has to be able to fight. Nothing is worse than when its the girl's time to step up to the plate and she looks like a drunken boxer from the 20s.

LOL to that figvht scene. Just bouncing around with open palms and then moaning like an animal at 2:09 ahah!.

But really I'm not sure who should direct a Justice League movie cause its really hard to picture without a movie universe in place. I am not saying DC needs to necessarily have 4 superhero movies that tease Justice League but we have no idea of the tone of the movie yet. The only recent DC movie that was out other than the Nolan Trilogy was Green Lantern and that was pretty bad... Abrams is a good director but to me it seems like they are rushing this project. I really hope it can succeed expectations liek Avengers did because the Justice league is awesome and DC rocks.

#13 Posted by RazzaTazz (9350 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingdomenic: They could probably teach Kathryn McCormack to do fight choreography seeing as she is an accomplished dancer

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio
@RazzaTazz: What do you think the story for the a JL movie would be? Everyone says Darkseid and Parademons but that seems to much like the Avengers IMO
#15 Posted by RazzaTazz (9350 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: I always thought that a good matchup would be the Crime Syndicate

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio
@RazzaTazz: Thats a hell of a lot of characters for one film 
#17 Posted by kingdomenic (158 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: Agreed about the dancer to fighter possibility.

And I think that whatever they do, they are going to make it some villain that makes it possible for Batman to matter. Someone that helps show off his skills as general, not someone who could just easily over power him.

#18 Posted by RazzaTazz (9350 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Agreed, but there was a decent story arc from JLA with them in it that I would think would make a great movie. Essentially they would have to adapt a really good story, not make their own. You are right about Darkseid though, that is over done.

#19 Posted by JayMar89 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of him directing he did a great job with star trek and got me interested enough to check out the original movies, I think it should be done the way it happened in the new 52 them coming together to face darkseid but include the furies granny goodness, kalibak and steppenwolf that way they wont just be fighting nameless aliens like in avengers

#20 Posted by RazzaTazz (9350 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingdomenic: So then we are agreed that the villains should be the Royal Flush Gang? :P

#21 Posted by kingdomenic (158 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: You heard it her first. I'll be sure to let everyone know that it was your idea.

#22 Posted by RazzaTazz (9350 posts) - - Show Bio
@kingdomenic: To be honest though, I think the White Martians story that started off the Justice League animated series was pretty good.  It worked well to draw all the characters together, and I think it would be hard to explain Martian Manhunter otherwise.  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.