Justice League Movie

Posted by DustinFun1704 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is trying to produce a Justice League movie to keep up with Marvel. Marvel is putting on a lot of pressure on DC comics to hurry and come out with a JLA movie to rival the Avengers movie. From the looks of it DC is rushing to release of it by hastening the release of the Flash movie and Green Lantern movie. I'm not even 100% positive that Batman would even be in the movie. Warner Brothers owns the rights to batman if I'm not mistaken. In order to come out with a Justice League movie they would have to have a Mtian Manhunter movie, a Green Aarow movie, and even an Aquaman movie. There are so many people and things that need to be introduced before DC can ever think of comeing out with a Justice League movie. It is a movie that is many years in the making. And when it "does" happen it will be the best superhero movie that has ever be made, if it's not rushed that is.     

#1 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8736 posts) - - Show Bio

This will seem mean, but if they want to make a good JLA movie without rushing things. They should say screw it to having Flash and MM in it.

They should just make it a movie with GL, Batman and Superman. Then once Flash and MM are out, have a sequel with them joining along with WW.

#2 Posted by LP (673 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed I like Flash too, but neither him or MM have made good entertainment as far as the non-comic appearances go.

DC will rock this.

#3 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8736 posts) - - Show Bio
@LP said:
" Agreed I like Flash too, but neither him or MM have made good entertainment as far as the non-comic appearances go "
Both were awesome in the Justice League animated series I think.
#4 Posted by LP (673 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach: Oh yeah for sure - plus it helps that Bruce Timm can make any character awesome.
#5 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8736 posts) - - Show Bio
@LP said:
" @Crom-Cruach: Oh yeah for sure - plus it helps that Bruce Timm can make any character awesome. "
that's true.
#6 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

If they don't have MM in it, i'm not watching it. The most badass JLA character must be present in the movie.
#7 Posted by kristop (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Rushing into a movie is never a good idea.  Even Nolan wants to keep the Bats and Supes movies separate in order to establish the characters.  I would hope that DC has the respect for the fans not to put out crap films just to "keep up".

#8 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@LP said:
" Agreed I like Flash too, but neither him or MM have made good entertainment as far as the non-comic appearances go.  DC will rock this. "
IDK i kind of liked the TV series of the Flash.
#9 Edited by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@LP said:

Agreed I like Flash too, but neither him or MM have made good entertainment as far as the non-comic appearances go. DC will rock this.

What, so the Green Lantern movie that came out last year was any better?!? Flash has SO much potential to be great in a live-action movie, animated series, animated movies, etc. but for some reason DC refuses to use him outside of Justice League. Same with Martian Manhunter. Both of those characters have so much potential but DC doesn't want to use them OR Wonder Woman; they would rather focus on the cash cows of Batman, Superman & Green Lantern (even though THAT film flopped in the box office and they're still planning sequels) -__- If DC wants to make their Justice League movie, fine, thing is they HAVE to make movies on Flash, MM & WW before to fully establish their legacies and make the audience give a crap about them in the JL movie.

And last time I checked, there was a live-action show on The Flash that wasn't bad, if not a bit corny...

#10 Posted by TheCannon (17910 posts) - - Show Bio

What they need for a Justice League movie:

Superman movie

Batman movie

Green Lantern movie

Flash movie

Aquaman movie

Wonder Woman is optional. They could have it like the Justice Lague cartoon where she first enters man's world to team up with the Justice League. Manhunter they can explain his origin into the League movie.

#11 Posted by Illuminatus (9491 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie is never going to happen outside of animation. Warner Bros. is too busy making sequels to Clash of the Titans.

#12 Edited by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

@DustinFun1704 said:

I'm not even 100% positive that Batman would even be in the movie. Warner Brothers owns the rights to batman if I'm not mistaken.

Uhhh, Warner Brothers owns DC. Just like Disney now owns Marvel.

#13 Posted by The Stegman (23088 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie is never going to happen outside of animation. Warner Bros. is too busy making sequels to Clash of the Titans.

This, and for some reason, Warner Bros doesn't want to acknowledge that the heroes exist in the same continuity.
#14 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@LP said:

Agreed I like Flash too, but neither him or MM have made good entertainment as far as the non-comic appearances go. DC will rock this.

What, so the Green Lantern movie that came out last year was any better?!? Flash has SO much potential to be great in a live-action movie, animated series, animated movies, etc. but for some reason DC refuses to use him outside of Justice League. Same with Martian Manhunter. Both of those characters have so much potential but DC doesn't want to use them OR Wonder Woman; they would rather focus on the cash cows of Batman, Superman & Green Lantern (even though THAT film flopped in the box office and they're still planning sequels) -__- If DC wants to make their Justice League movie, fine, thing is they HAVE to make movies on Flash, MM & WW before to fully establish their legacies and make the audience give a crap about them in the JL movie.

And last time I checked, there was a live-action show on The Flash that wasn't bad, if not a bit corny...

Easy there fellow Flash fan. In controooooooool. :P

I agree, btw. In order for a JLA film to be extremely successful, they need to have some solo films first. I'm not saying that one's needed for all of the original 7, but Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and GL definitely need one beforehand. The only problem with that is that it'd be incredibly expensive. Like, we're talking John Carter and Avatar numbers combined.

@Illuminatus said:

The movie is never going to happen outside of animation. Warner Bros. is too busy making sequels to Clash of the Titans.

That really grinds my gears. They know for a fact that the DC characters (and I'm not even talking about JLA at this point) can make bank if they took them seriously.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.