Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3312 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Justice League Monsters

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Superdork

There are parallels between some Justice League members and some famous monsters. For example, Batman is Dracula, Cyborg is Frankenstein's monster, and Aquaman is the creature from the black lagoon. Hawkman is a Garuda or an Angel...

But are there monstrous analogues for other Justice League members?

Superman? Wonder Woman? Green Lantern? Etc.?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By moywar700

i guess

the jl have been compared to greek gods...

sm is hercules and the flash is hermes

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SUNMAN

@Superdork: interesting comparisons. I wouldn't classify an angel as a monster though

following this train of thought

Hawgirl= a harpy

Wonder Woman= an Amazon (technically she is one but its all I can really think of)

Black Canary= a Siren

Flash= only thing I could think of would be a centaur because they are so quick

Cyborg could also be seen as a Golem since he is made up of inanimate matter

I can't think of anything for Superman or Green Lantern in terms of monster comparisons. Maybe some sort of demons cause they are so powerful and can do so many things

Bludhaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bludhaven

I guess you could compare Superman to Jesus, although you probably wouldn't consider him a monster :P

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.