Justice League Monsters

#1 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

There are parallels between some Justice League members and some famous monsters. For example, Batman is Dracula, Cyborg is Frankenstein's monster, and Aquaman is the creature from the black lagoon. Hawkman is a Garuda or an Angel...

But are there monstrous analogues for other Justice League members?

Superman? Wonder Woman? Green Lantern? Etc.?

#2 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess

the jl have been compared to greek gods...

sm is hercules and the flash is hermes

#3 Posted by SUNMAN (6902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: interesting comparisons. I wouldn't classify an angel as a monster though

following this train of thought

Hawgirl= a harpy

Wonder Woman= an Amazon (technically she is one but its all I can really think of)

Black Canary= a Siren

Flash= only thing I could think of would be a centaur because they are so quick

Cyborg could also be seen as a Golem since he is made up of inanimate matter

I can't think of anything for Superman or Green Lantern in terms of monster comparisons. Maybe some sort of demons cause they are so powerful and can do so many things

#4 Edited by Bludhaven (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess you could compare Superman to Jesus, although you probably wouldn't consider him a monster :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.