Justice League Issue 15 (Throne of Atlantis) Preview Pages

#1 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

This seems like it's going to be the shot in the *** Justice League needs right now. I'm expecting Aquaman-level Geoff Johns writing on this one. And Ivan Reis and Joe Prado are killing it on the art duties. This is what I'm talking about! I can't wait to pick this up.

From Newsarama:

Atlantis Starts The War In Justice League #15!
#2 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

These give me hope! Why is it not Wednesday yet?

Oh, and Reis rocks!

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13005 posts) - - Show Bio

my lord, even the seahorses look badass........why wasn't Reis on this since the beginning?

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

Badass artwork.

#5 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

This...... is..... AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Posted by DarklyDreamingDeadpool (174 posts) - - Show Bio

i really love the new justice league series very much, and aquaman was never as interesting like he now is. but i think cyborg is very underused here, he needs his own book.

#7 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't the release of Justice League #15 out on Dec. 26th and not of this Wednesday? If the release date has been moved to the 19th, I'll be more than happy to pick it up this week instead of next week's pull list.

#8 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

Isn't the release of Justice League #15 out on Dec. 26th and not of this Wednesday? If the release date has been moved to the 19th, I'll be more than happy to pick it up this week instead of next week's pull list.

Yup, DCComics.com pulled a Marvel.com with bad solicits. This comes out tomorrow apparently. =]

@DarklyDreamingDeadpool said:

i really love the new justice league series very much, and aquaman was never as interesting like he now is. but i think cyborg is very underused here, he needs his own book.

^

#9 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@ckuakini said:

Yup, DCComics.com pulled a Marvel.com with bad solicits. This comes out tomorrow apparently. =]

^

wait really?!?!? This is even better cause I was expecting this to drop next week.

#10 Posted by SmashBrawler (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Aquaman has been great for years.

#11 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@ckuakini said:

^

wait really?!?!? This is even better cause I was expecting this to drop next week.

@ckuakini said:

Sorry for spreading misinformation! I was wrong; we do have to wait until the 26th. My bad. =(

#12 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: no worries, solicits can be misleading. Wish it was this week though. Next week I have no time to go to the comic store. I guess I could order it online........................but I prefer the hard copy to flip through

#13 Posted by The Stegman (24017 posts) - - Show Bio

Soooo, does this mean I get to see Diana all Clark Kentalized??

#14 Posted by ComicMan24 (147085 posts) - - Show Bio

The art looks very good. So apparently they are all friends now since they are talking on a first name basis?

#15 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Probably. I'm wondering if she'll "pass"

@ComicMan24 said:

The art looks very good. So apparently they are all friends now since they are talking on a first name basis?

I think that they've been friends since the Cheetah arc in which they supported each other. The whole Graves fiasco taught them a lesson.

#16 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

I think this as a shout out to Wonder Woman's alter ego Diana Prince

@ComicMan24 said:

By all do you just mean Superman and Wonder Woman? Cause its been 5 years and they have only recently started hanging during their free time.

As for Cyborg he is just talking to his dad. We know Batman and Superman are friends, and Barry and Hal are friends. Aside from that we can't really assume anything other than Superman is dating WW

#17 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@SUNMAN said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@ckuakini said:

^

@ckuakini said:

Sorry for spreading misinformation! I was wrong; we do have to wait until the 26th. My bad. =(

Actually looks like you were partially right

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/18/delayed-comics-mixed-in-with-tomorrows-comics/

some of the comics got leaked early if we are lucky we might be able to pick up the issue tomorrow

#18 Posted by SmashBrawler (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/18/delayed-comics-mixed-in-with-tomorrows-comics/

some of the comics got leaked early if we are lucky we might be able to pick up the issue tomorrow

Actually...

The photo has horrible quality, but I managed to read "Justice League #15" in that list, so...

#19 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

Asm 700 too? Wow, that sounds like a massive clusterfu%&

#20 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@SUNMAN said:

Actually...

The photo has horrible qualhttp://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-of-america/65-31815/justice-league-issue-15-throne-of-atlantis-preview-pages/92-736368/?page=1#div_shout_post_8743913ity, but I managed to read "Justice League #15" in that list, so...

sigh......guess this means I have ot pay a little extra to my comic guy under the table

@Stormbox said:

@SUNMAN said:

Asm 700 too? Wow, that sounds like a massive clusterfu%&

yeah thank you diamond comics

#21 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN: Lol, i wouldnt be surprised if all this stuff has been scanned and posted online already

#22 Posted by DarklyDreamingDeadpool (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: well, for me he wasn't. teh best aquaman incarnation for me was, the emeperor aquaman from the flashpoint series.

#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (14718 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait.

#24 Posted by SmashBrawler (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarklyDreamingDeadpool: What about Peter David's Aquaman? The badass Aquaman in Morrison's JLA or Crisis of Conscience? Aquaman Vol 6, with stuff like Sub Diego? Hell, even Black Lantern Aquaman was a scary yet badass SOB.

And of course, there's also Brightest Day.

#25 Posted by RustyRoy (12045 posts) - - Show Bio

The artwork is AMAZING. I really hope the writing gets better.

#26 Posted by DarklyDreamingDeadpool (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: ok, you're right, to be honest i totally forgot that stuff, shame on me.

#27 Posted by SmashBrawler (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarklyDreamingDeadpool: I hope that wasn't sarcasm.

#28 Posted by DarklyDreamingDeadpool (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: i knew you would say that. no, that was not sarcasm.

#29 Posted by SmashBrawler (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarklyDreamingDeadpool: Oh, OK then. Yeah, it kinda sounded like sarcasm :P

#30 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

nice

#31 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2142 posts) - - Show Bio

im sorry this just dosent stand up to jim lee

#32 Posted by SmashBrawler (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arkhamc1tizen said:

What are you talking about? Lee did a mediocre job in this book (much like the writer...). At least Reis is as good as always.

#33 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arkhamc1tizen said:

Lee is so slow that his second arc looked rushed and ****ty even though he had months to work on it. He couldn't even do a fully 12 issues. His villain's journey arc looked hollow, and his work is flat. Reis's work looks three dimensional. It's emotionally expressive. Just look at the character's faces. You can tell so much about them by the art alone. And he is more consistent with how he draws characters than Lee is. That's why Lee is being given months and months to work on his book with Scott Snyder.

#34 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2142 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Arkhamc1tizen said:

Lee is so slow that his second arc looked rushed and ****ty even though he had months to work on it. He couldn't even do a fully 12 issues. His villain's journey arc looked hollow, and his work is flat. Reis's work looks three dimensional. It's emotionally expressive. Just look at the character's faces. You can tell so much about them by the art alone. And he is more consistent with how he draws characters than Lee is. That's why Lee is being given months and months to work on his book with Scott Snyder.

@SmashBrawler said:

@Arkhamc1tizen said:

What are you talking about? Lee did a mediocre job in this book (much like the writer...). At least Reis is as good as always.

im sorrry but what.

lee is way better

#35 Posted by SmashBrawler (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arkhamc1tizen said:

im sorrry but what.

lee is way better

When he does stuff like this, he's a great artist. Fantastic, even:

But when he does stuff like this...

No, he's not.

#36 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2142 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@Arkhamc1tizen said:

im sorrry but what.

lee is way better

When he does stuff like this, he's a great artist. Fantastic, even:

But when he does stuff like this...

No, he's not.

im sorry I just don't agree with you just different opinions

oh and hat about

#37 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

its a matter of taste, their art styles are different. Reis has a more 3 dimensional quality and Lee's has a faint hint of anime... right now my favourite is Chiang.

#38 Posted by SmashBrawler (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arkhamc1tizen said:

oh and hat about

What about what? That's just a cover. It proves nothing, the important part is the interiors. Plus, if we're going to do an artist showdown...

You're really not going to sway me from liking my favorite artist.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.