Justice League Dark?

#1 Posted by GillaDro (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the Justice League Dark series any good? Wondering if I should buy or not.

#2 Edited by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I'm actually pretty fond of it. I initially started reading it because I'm a fan of Zatanna, but the other characters have really grown on me as well (most notably Deadman). The artwork has a very elegant penciled look to it, and the stories are entertaining. I suppose it mainly just depends on if you like the characters and enjoy magic-based settings and heroes.

#3 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't read from number one. Waste of money. Start with 8 or 9. Whichever Lemire started his run.

#4 Posted by Queso6p4 (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

It's definitely a solid series so I'd say go for it. Both the art and story are pretty good and go well together. The first few issues are kinda confusing but the story takes on more clarity around where Twentyfive posted.

#5 Edited by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

Don't read from number one. Waste of money. Start with 8 or 9. Whichever Lemire started his run.

Yeah, this is pretty sound advice. I mostly started reading later down the line, myself. Issue 9 is the one to start on.

#6 Posted by Saucedo17 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it I didn't like the vampire arc but that just me

#7 Posted by The Stegman (23258 posts) - - Show Bio

Do It.

#8 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Depending on the kind of reader you are you can enjoy Milligan's first few issues. They're rich with characterization and interesting ideas that don't quite get fleshed out and explored. I can fully recommend Lemire's current run on the book which began with issue 9, especially if you dig the mystical/vertigo tinged corner of the DCU.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.