Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Justice League #5 preview

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By entropy_aegis
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

That's what i love about the Omega Beams, they just won't leave you the hell alone

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Whisper_

Just read issue 4 yesterday. Dropping this book. It pains me, because it's Jim Lee art. But I just...I just can't. The writing is doing absolutely nothing for me here and I'm already buying the solo titles of the characters in this who I give a sh!t about (Bats, Wonder Woman, Aquaman).

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Saren

If an inexperienced League actually manages to beat Darkseid, I'll walk into my store and set fire to every copy of JLA #5 available.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson

meh.
    BB

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

CirizenBane is gonna go to jail for arson. Quick somebody get ready to steal his comic book collection. :p

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By ReVamp

@CitizenBane said:

If an inexperienced League actually manages to beat Darkseid, I'll walk into my store and set fire to every copy of JLA #5 available.

They seem to be changing Darkseid a lot in Flashpoint, so that he's actually weaker than he was before, which I'm totally fine with since they want to make him a League-Villain instead of being a New Gods villains, since New Gods don't even have a title. Its much better the former Darkseid go hand-to-hand with Supes and lose. This way at least there's a justification for the Darkseid being beaten, though I understand why some people may not be happy with the change, its for the better. Otherwise we'd be having so many PIS and bad writing moments every time Darkseid was in a comic.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Saren

@ReVamp said:

@CitizenBane said:

They seem to be changing Darkseid a lot in Flashpoint, so that he's actually weaker than he was before, which I'm totally fine with since they want to make him a League-Villain instead of being a New Gods villains, since New Gods don't even have a title. Its much better the former Darkseid go hand-to-hand with Supes and lose. This way at least there's a justification for the Darkseid being beaten, though I understand why some people may not be happy with the change, its for the better. Otherwise we'd be having so many PIS and bad writing moments every time Darkseid was in a comic.

If he can lose to Supes alone, what's the point of being a League villain? If one member of the League is sufficient to beat him, then what's the draw for future arcs with him?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ReVamp

@CitizenBane said:

If he can lose to Supes alone, what's the point of being a League villain? If one member of the League is sufficient to beat him, then what's the draw for future arcs with him?

I was talking about his appearance in Superman/Batman and the Loeb force. I meant to say that the effect of him being tonned down to simply a League-Villain is that we won't see horrible bad writing like that.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Saren

@ReVamp said:

@CitizenBane said:

I was talking about his appearance in Superman/Batman and the Loeb force. I meant to say that the effect of him being tonned down to simply a League-Villain is that we won't see horrible bad writing like that.

I don't think that was toning down, simply Loeb being a hack as usual. In one of them Batman was able to draw blood from him with a kick. That's idiocy, not some grand plan to eventually tone down his power. Besides, he had much better showings after the two incidents in Superman/Batman. Every issue of that series is filled with PIS in some form or another, it's extraordinary.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By super_psycho
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ReVamp

@CitizenBane said:

I don't think that was toning down, simply Loeb being a hack as usual. In one of them Batman was able to draw blood from him with a kick. That's idiocy, not some grand plan to eventually tone down his power. Besides, he had much better showings after the two incidents in Superman/Batman. Every issue of that series is filled with PIS in some form or another, it's extraordinary.

You continue to misunderstand. I'm saying that Loeb was being a hack there.

However, by toning down his power in post-Flashpoint comics, it measn that he can be a League-Villain without PIS or Bad Writing.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Saren

@ReVamp said:

@CitizenBane said:

You continue to misunderstand. I'm saying that Loeb was being a hack there.

However, by toning down his power in post-Flashpoint comics, it measn that he can be a League-Villain without PIS or Bad Writing.

Yeah, I figured out what you were saying just when I hit the Reply button >.<

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By dernman

@ReVamp: @CitizenBane: I'm confused. Did I miss something? Where does it show that he is weaker here. First thing that happened was Darkseid knocked everyone out with a show of power then he is using his beams to chase Superman and Flash. It's looks to me like they are making it look like the entire League needs to bands together to defeat him. Which is different from pre52 where they would just have Superman win with a little help. While the rest of the JLA dealt with minions.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReVamp

For those that want an explanation on the PoVs being discussed:

What you're saying is wrong. It is an extremely common mistake and misconception that was spurred in the Superman/Batman book, where Loeb showed that Superman could take on Darkseid and also came from the Justice League animated series from the 90s. Unfortunately, it is completely wrong. Superman, even when holding back is in no shape or form a challenge to Darkseid, and the Justice League for that matter [Pre-Flashpoint Darkseid, this is], however he is often portrayed this way because they're the most powerful characters that DC has to contend with him that have a series.

It should be that Darkseid is only going to be matched by the New Gods put together, however because the New Gods don't have an ongoing and don't appear regularly anywhere, when DC wants to have Darkseid show, they generally pit him against opponents that are weaker than he is, which is where the misconception comes from. A lot of people refuse to believe this, but its the truth.

What I'm saying here, is that if they want to make him [DS] a being that can be matched by the Justice League, I have no qualms with that because it means that there is going to be less bad writing and PIS when he shows up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.