Superman is cheetah?

#2 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no image?

#5 Posted by Superdork (914 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy! Members of the Justice League fight each other... again...

#7 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though. I ditched JL after issue 1, because there was no plot. 8D

#8 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

About goddamn time they give Supes some spotlight.

#9 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

looks like a vamp though

#10 Posted by CrimsonCake (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

His nails...

#11 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1512 posts) - - Show Bio

i wonder how batman's not dead already the amt of time supes picks a fight with him (n dont give me the reason...cuz he's Batman),plus this is the same pose as JL #2,awesome cover though lookin forward to seein the finished product.

@SandMan_ said:

Totally!!!

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

That's basically the extent of Johns' run on Justice League... Pure garbage.

#13 Posted by Saucedo17 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

The Justice League fighting $10 on Hal getting his butt kick (again)

#14 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Why must you cycle through these generic, overused plots, Geoff Johns?

#15 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

You mean you read the issue already?

#16 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

Wow. I think Superman got possessed by the Cheetah spirit?

On another note, we've seen Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Cyborg.

Whats happening to Hal and Aquaman? Why is Geoff Johns removing two of the characters that he is writing? So unfair.

#17 Posted by thespideyguy (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

I just stay becuase of the art and SHAZAM

#18 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Funrush said:

No, I mean, according to the cover, we'll be seeing more fighting between JL members, which he's already done twice.

#19 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

@sethysquare said:

@Funrush said:

No, I mean, according to the cover, we'll be seeing more fighting between JL members, which he's already done twice.

Oh, you're right. Because we can usually tell the story via the cover. As the saying goes, Always judge the book by the cover.

#20 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like Justice League. Sure the first story arc was kinda bad but IMO it is picking up.

#21 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Funrush said:

@sethysquare said:

@Funrush said:

Oh, you're right. Because we can usually tell the story via the cover. As the saying goes, Always judge the book by the cover.

Actually, in terms of comic books, where many stores (at least mine) don't let you flip through the issues, being able to tell the mood, or basic plot of the book by the cover is helpful for those buying them.

#22 Edited by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Superdork said:

Whats happening to Hal and Aquaman? Why is Geoff Johns removing two of the characters that he is writing? So unfair.

Here's what we know:

Justice League issue 12 has Aquaman fighting Superman and Batman on the cover. And JLI is getting cancelled to make way for a new Justice League book.

Aquaman hasn't done anything in Justice League (but some fans think that he should lead the team). So I'm speculating that he leaves the Justice League and leads a new Justice League team kind of like Justice League Detroit (it will probably be called Justice League of America and have Aquaman working with the U.S. Government officials in Justice League issue 7). This would explain Vibe's return, and it would give DC comics a team to fight against the Justice League (a la AVX) during the Trinity War. This would also further enhance Aquaman's presence and significance in the DCnU.

There's two pieces of evidence that fly against this theory. And I'll resolve them right here.

1) The cover for Justice League issue 13 has Aquaman on the cover. This could be a fake out. They could easily replace Aquaman's head with Hal Jordan's head. That's exactly what DC did with JLI issue 1.

2) The cover of the Green Lantern annual is a play on the Death of Superman logo, which leads many to believe that Hal will die. I don't think that Hal will be the Green Lantern who dies. It could just as easily be the death of Sinestro (then Sinestro becoming a Black Lantern) or it could be the figurative death of the 2nd Army/Green Lantern Corps. Or both.

So the Justice League franchise will continue to have a Trinity of books for the Trinity War. None of the founders are dying. And Aquaman is king.

#23 Posted by The Stegman (26047 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how people are literally judging a book by its cover and complaining already, when in actuality DC is notorious for printing misleading covers.

#24 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

@sethysquare said:

@Funrush said:

@sethysquare said:

@Funrush said:

Actually, in terms of comic books, where many stores (at least mine) don't let you flip through the issues, being able to tell the mood, or basic plot of the book by the cover is helpful for those buying them.

I get where you're coming from. But one thing about the new 52 is that I never know what exactly is going on in the book looking at the cover. Take Wonder Woman for instance, her covers are always so misleading and they never tell you any clues on whats going on. Usually I pay more attention to solicits and previews. I almost never bother about the cover. The cover only gives me an idea who is going to appear in the book.

#25 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

@sethysquare said:

@Superdork said:

Here's what we know:

Justice League issue 12 has Aquaman fighting Superman and Batman on the cover. And JLI is getting cancelled to make way for a new Justice League book.

Aquaman hasn't done anything in Justice League (but some fans think that he should lead the team). So I'm speculating that he leaves the Justice League and leads a new Justice League team kind of like Justice League Detroit (it will probably be called Justice League of America and have Aquaman working with the U.S. Government officials in Justice League issue 7). This would explain Vibe's return, and it would give DC comics a team to fight against the Justice League (a la AVX) during the Trinity War. This would also further enhance Aquaman's presence and significance in the DCnU.

There's two pieces of evidence that fly against this theory. And I'll resolve them right here.

1) The cover for Justice League issue 13 has Aquaman on the cover. This could be a fake out. They could easily replace Aquaman's head with Hal Jordan's head. That's exactly what DC did with JLI issue 1.

2) The cover of the Green Lantern annual is a play on the Death of Superman logo, which leads many to believe that Hal will die. I don't think that Hal will be the Green Lantern who dies. It could just as easily be the death of Sinestro (then Sinestro becoming a Black Lantern) or it could be the figurative death of the 2nd Army/Green Lantern Corps. Or both.

So the Justice League franchise will continue to have a Trinity of books for the Trinity War. None of the founders are dying. And Aquaman is king.

Great analogy.

I hope none of the GL dies. I want Sinestro, Hal, Guy, Kyle and John. The new arab one can die for all I care.

#26 Edited by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

@sethysquare said:

@Superdork said:

Here's what we know:

Ah, that's a good theory. I also do not believe that they will be dying, but disappearing or going missing somehow, as the Green Lantern #0 solicit says: • Where are Hal Jordan and Sinestro?

Also, I like how the JLD could be opposing the JLA during Trinity War. Looking at the Four Page spread in the FCBD issue, the JLD roster could depict of: Aquaman, Mera, Atom, Green Arrow (or Hawkman), the new unnamed Green Lantern, Element Woman, Vibe, and Black Adam (or Deadman). At that point, the JLA roster could depict of: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, Shazam, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman (or Green Arrow), and Deadman (or Black Adam)

As much as I like the idea of a second team, I don't think it will enhance Aquaman's presence in the nDCU, If anything, it might actually decrease it due to the fact that he'll be on "The Second Team" instead of the first.

I just seriously hope Johns isn't writing the book if your theory is correct. He's terrible with team books IMO.

#27 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

Ah, that's a good theory. I also do not believe that they will be dying, but disappearing or going missing somehow, as the Green Lantern #0 solicit says: • Where are Hal Jordan and Sinestro?

Also, I like how the JLD could be opposing the JLA during Trinity War. Looking at the Four Page spread in the FCBD issue, the JLD roster could depict of: Aquaman, Mera, Atom, Green Arrow (or Hawkman), the new unnamed Green Lantern, Element Woman, Vibe, and Black Adam (or Deadman). At that point, the JLA roster could depict of: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, Shazam, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman (or Green Arrow), and Deadman (or Black Adam)

As much as I like the idea of a second team, I don't think it will enhance Aquaman's presence in the nDCU, If anything, it might actually decrease it due to the fact that he'll be on "The Second Team" instead of the first.

I like the idea of a second team as well. As much as I enjoyed JLI, I just face palm at the idea of all these C-list heroes coming together. Probably the only thing I'll miss is Booster Gold. I hope he can reappear somewhere.

But yes, I love the idea of Aquaman, Mera, Atom, Green Arrow (or Hawkman), Arab GL, Element Woman, Vibe and Black Adam (or Deadman)

The line up is much better than JLI's one definitely. I hope Booster Gold joins either Team A or B.

#28 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

The line up is much better than JLI's one definitely. I hope Booster Gold joins either Team A or B.

Me too. Him and OMAC were the best on the roster IMO.

#29 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

I actually like Justice League. Sure the first story arc was kinda bad but IMO it is picking up.

My view on Justice League atm.

@sethysquare said:

@Superdork said:

Personally I have a sneaking suspicion that Hal will leave at the end of the Villain's Journey storyline. He's without his ring at the start of the New 52, it would make sense for him to quit the League, finish the New Guardians storyline then be without his ring.

#30 Posted by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: In the most recent issue of Green Lantern, Hal gets a normal GL ring. Sinestro loses his and Hal creates a weaker copy for him. So the current Justice League could happen after that arc. It doesn't make much sense to me for Hal to die or not be a GL, because then you'd have to tell another Green Lantern Rebirth story. More likely Sinestro--the official GL of 2814--will die and he'll get turned into a Black Lantern. New guy replaces Sinestro and teams up with Hal, who becomes his mentor. Then You have Hal in the GL mentor role in the same way that Sinestro was for him. When Sinestro stops being a Yellow Lantern, he can go back to his corps and the GL status quo returns.

#31 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: Oh is that the latest issue of Green Lantern? I haven't read that yet. I'm usually a month behind on my comics because I order them online so that's Green Lantern spoiled for me. Ah well. Also there was another thing you mentioned that's contradictory. This statement:

@Captain13 said:

More likely Sinestro--the official GL of 2814--will die and he'll get turned into a Black Lantern. New guy replaces Sinestro and teams up with Hal, who becomes his mentor.

and this statement:

@Captain13 said:

When Sinestro stops being a Yellow Lantern, he can go back to his corps and the GL status quo returns.

Do you mean Black Lantern here when you said yellow lantern? I can see the logic behind the statement that Sinestro would be more likely to die than Hal. It was prophesied in Green Lantern 6.

#32 Posted by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Captain13: Oh is that the latest issue of Green Lantern? I haven't read that yet. I'm usually a month behind on my comics because I order them online so that's Green Lantern spoiled for me. Ah well. Also there was another thing you mentioned that's contradictory. This statement:

@Captain13 said:

More likely Sinestro--the official GL of 2814--will die and he'll get turned into a Black Lantern. New guy replaces Sinestro and teams up with Hal, who becomes his mentor.

and this statement:

@Captain13 said:

When Sinestro stops being a Yellow Lantern, he can go back to his corps and the GL status quo returns.

Do you mean Black Lantern here when you said yellow lantern? I can see the logic behind the statement that Sinestro would be more likely to die than Hal. It was prophesied in Green Lantern 6.

By mentor, I meant unofficially since Hal is not in the corps. Sorry for the spoiler.

And I did mean Black Lantern in that last quote

#33 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8068 posts) - - Show Bio
@thespideyguy: yep me too!
#34 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush: Yes Booster and OMAC. Sadly, I don't care much about Fire, Ice, Vixen, Godiva or August General. Batwing already has his own book and I can read Guy in GLC. So theres that.

@Lvenger: I know thats what I feel. So many mysterious and we have no clue what exactly is going on.

#35 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

I just had a thought. Could this be Bizarro?

#36 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Bizarro? Johns said he was focusing on the Cheetah being the villain for the next filler storyline I think. And you can see claws and sort of cat like skin on Superman just about. Maybe he gets taken over by the Cheetah... uh spirit or something? Lol terrible response but the cover looks like it has more to do with the Cheetah than Bizarro.

#37 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare: Bizarro? Johns said he was focusing on the Cheetah being the villain for the next filler storyline I think. And you can see claws and sort of cat like skin on Superman just about. Maybe he gets taken over by the Cheetah... uh spirit or something? Lol terrible response but the cover looks like it has more to do with the Cheetah than Bizarro.

I guess you're right. Its probably the cheetah spirit or something.

#38 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Funrush: Yes Booster and OMAC. Sadly, I don't care much about Fire, Ice, Vixen, Godiva or August General. Batwing already has his own book and I can read Guy in GLC. So theres that.

Well, Vixen joining later would be cool, and if Batwing's book gets cancelled, him joining wouldn't be bad. But I agree with the other characters you mentioned.

#39 Posted by TDK_1997 (15085 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns has to stop making the JLA fighting eachother and make them an actual team.

#40 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

Co-Signed.

#41 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

@sethysquare said:

Well, Vixen joining later would be cool, and if Batwing's book gets cancelled, him joining wouldn't be bad. But I agree with the other characters you mentioned.

I like Batwing, but haven't read much on Vixen, so I don't particularly care about her.

#42 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/08/09/green-lantern-vs-%E2%80%A6-the-justice-league

So I guess Aquaman is in the league after all.

#43 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/08/09/green-lantern-vs-%E2%80%A6-the-justice-league

Blah... I thought we all had a really good thing going with the JLD thing. XD

#44 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

@sethysquare said:

Blah... I thought we all had a really good thing going with the JLD thing. XD

Yeah. Was really hoping for JLA team. It could still be a fake out. We're told to expect major changes in #12

#45 Posted by supermanfan1234 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

get geof off jla and have jim krueger write jla

#46 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Captain13 said:

and this statement:

@Captain13 said:

Ah but you see Hal was also dead in the prophecy, at the hand (pun not intended) of black hand no less. Definitely think they will both either die or not be in the book for a while to shift the spotlight to the new Arabic lantern. Johns did say that changes where afoot, regardless exciting times ahead.

#47 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrArrogant: Given that a Justice League film is in the works, it would be illogical for DC to kill Hal Jordan now. It took ten years to bring him back to life in a legitimate way. Hal's only been back for less than a decade, killing him once again in a universe where DC claimed 'dead is dead' this time would be a bad move on their part financially. The bloody GL logo on the cover of Green Lantern Annual 1 a la Death of Superman would suggest a major death and I am partial to the viewpoint that Sinestro may bit the dust redeeming himself. But we'll have to see I guess.

#48 Posted by Z3RO180 (6712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: is there a cover for the first superman annual yet ?

#49 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by hoole100 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Every 2 issues one member of the League fights another member. Johns can do better than this (he really can, I swear!),

I really only buy this on a monthly basis due to the stellar art and the hopes of seeing more Shazam!

More Shazam please.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.