JLA: New 52 lineup

#1 Posted by mcclellanscott (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do you like in the announced line-up? Who do you think should probably lose their solo book now?

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13626 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter and Stargirl the most. I just hope Geoff writes J'onn

#3 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Vibe: I approve. I like that he's getting more spotlight.
  • Stargirl: Same as Vibe.
  • Katana: I... why?
  • Catwoman: Um... I don't like it. I guess it could work.
  • Baz: I approve.
  • Martian Manhunter: I approve. Would have preferred him on the main team, though.
  • Green Arrow: Although it'd be cool to see him on main team, it seems that won't happen due to Aquaman's hate for him (that still hasn't been explained yet), so, I'll approve.
  • Hawkman: Approve.

Cancel Hawkman, shuffle creative team on Arrow, if that doesn't work, cancel. Undecided on if Catwoman still deserves a book.

#4 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (330 posts) - - Show Bio

If Catwoman is going to be written as well as her 0 issue, then I think DC should just cut their losses on her solo and keep her on JLA until they can find a suitable writer who can writer her well.

#5 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm OK with everybody (even Catwoman), but I wish there was at least one Wildstorm character in the team. I feel like the DC and Wildstorm universes are still too separate.

#6 Posted by Superbat420 (253 posts) - - Show Bio

stargirl should be dropped from the team, as well as catwoman, why have her and katana?

#7 Posted by BigBDawg (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess we'll wait and see how that goes. But I also agree with you, SmashBrawler. It would be nice to see a WIldstorm character or two on the Justice Leagues...

#8 Edited by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

Characters that i fully approve:

Martian Manunter- I wanted him on the main team, but its ok he is on a Justice league title none the less

Green Arrow - I like Green Arrow alot, he has fit well in teams in the past, and i especially like him here because Hawkman in on the team.

Hawkman - Same reasons as Green Arrow

Characters that im OK with:

Vibe - I'll be honest, i know very little about him, im hoping he'll give some comic relief as well as spotlight so i know more about him.

Stargirl - i know this character means alot to Geoff so i see why he'd put her in the team, shes not my favorite but Geoff is gonna write her well since its related to his real life sister. and that's all that matters, i guess

Characters that i do not like on this team:

Katanna - I don't hate this character, i just feel that she isnt interesting enough, barley intereacts with the BOP on a social and team level, only her sword(husband) and i feel that Supergirl or a wildstorm character to highlight, shouldve been placed in a spot on this team.

Baz - As of today he has only appeared ONCE in an issue (twice if you count those 5 panels in the FCBD) I feel he we do not know alot about him yet and he is already dealing with just becoming a green lantern as well as dealing with the not even started events of "rise of the third army" I feel this character needs more build up before joining a team. Im pretty sure geoff johns is only putting himm here for Political reasons.

Catwoman - *Cracks knucles * drinks water *sigh alright here we go ill just say it, i do NOT like this character ...not just on the team just AT ALL. The only purpose this character should serve is her adventures in gotham and her love game of cat and mouse to batman. I have never liked any story i have read from catwoman, even in the cartoon in the 90's I liked her character the least, only when she would betray batman to get her steal for the day. I do not see her being in this title, everytime i see the picture it makes me cringe that someone that could use the spotlight on a Justice league title is bumped off by Catwoman!?! Great job Geoff johns, and we can't expect her to be written well since geoff hasn't had the best writting skills with the normal JLA title, if anything AVERAGE. I do not expect her to have any use on this team and i dont want her to be. Oh im just going to love to see how she fails to be on the team.

on that note im going to go take my medication and take a nap now :p

#9 Posted by Strafe Prower (11888 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how everyone still hates that two of my favorite characters are on the JLA. Katana is finally getting some attention.

#10 Posted by cameron83 (7628 posts) - - Show Bio

OK peoiple,can we at least see why who is on the team.I know they didn't just pick random characters,don't you think there is a reason why whatever happened,especially a good one.And i like catwoman on the team (not only that,but she may ditch them...but there is a good reason why they did what they did,why did trevor want catwoman,what might catwoman do later,might she work for argus later,it would be cool!)

@Strafe Prower said:

I love how everyone still hates that two of my favorite characters are on the JLA. Katana is finally getting some attention.

@chipsnopotatoes said:

If Catwoman is going to be written as well as her 0 issue, then I think DC should just cut their losses on her solo and keep her on JLA until they can find a suitable writer who can writer her well.

agreed,don't hate new catwoman,but it's not a WOW

#11 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see Stargirl back.

#12 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (330 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: It's too bad that there are so many naysayers about the character. I'm actually surprised she got such a raw deal with the reboot especially with TDKR publicity coming at the time. Makes me think DC Comics placed their bet on the wrong horse. Well, Anne Hathaway rocked Catwoman and that's no doubt why Geoff is fixing her. As for the haters, maybe they'll all be "Hathawayed"

#13 Posted by cameron83 (7628 posts) - - Show Bio

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@cameron83: It's too bad that there are so many naysayers about the character. I'm actually surprised she got such a raw deal with the reboot especially with TDKR publicity coming at the time. Makes me think DC Comics placed their bet on the wrong horse. Well, Anne Hathaway rocked Catwoman and that's no doubt why Geoff is fixing her. As for the haters, maybe they'll all be "Hathawayed"

LMFAO...but to be honest,catwoman is the exact same as her old self,but she was just written badly.....very badly.

#14 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9142 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

I'm OK with everybody (even Catwoman), but I wish there was at least one Wildstorm character in the team. I feel like the DC and Wildstorm universes are still too separate.

Exactly

#15 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1473 posts) - - Show Bio

the Pic from animal man #13 below shows us the new 52 Steel in his updated armor, and man i think he looks pretty awesome, and since he had a pretty big public debut in AC,was wondering if he could be a good choice for this team, i mean he looks more than tough enough,its weird to see his updated debut in AM anyway,seeing how this team's probably put together by steve trevor and that john H irons worked for the military wouldn't he have been a better choice than some of the characters in this team? (trying to figure out how hes soo big,maybe thats not him who knos still looks awesome)

#16 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9142 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateSMfan: Is not a armor,actually is his new body

#17 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

GA, Hawkman and Catwoman are all struggling solo books, so won't be any surprise to me if they are cancelled about the same time as the new JLA book is launched

#18 Posted by geoff2005 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

can you post the line up in your first post?

#19 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mighty Thorion said:

GA, Hawkman and Catwoman are all struggling solo books, so won't be any surprise to me if they are cancelled about the same time as the new JLA book is launched

I don't know where you are getting the impression that Catwoman is a struggling solo book. From a sales perspective, here are the stats from Comichron for August 2012 (before any artificial bumps for Sep's zero issues). As you can see, her book is selling way above the other two and way above cancellation levels.

65Catwoman12$2.99DC34,117
109Green Arrow12$2.99DC23,126
161Savage Hawkman12$2.99DC14,745
#20 Posted by verms (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that they have FINALLY included catwoman in the JL

i've always wanted to see her be a part of that team and so have many of my friends

my only regret is that she's not on the main team with all the rest of them

if u ask me, cyborg has no place on the jla

it should be something like this instead

Superman, Batman (Bruce Wayne), Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry Allen), GL (Hal Jordan), Martian Manhunter, Aquaman (Arthur Curry), Hawkwoman (Shiera Hall), The Atom (Ray Palmer) and Catwoman (Selina Kyle)

so, basically The Nail line-up

i am nevertheless excited about the dynamic between J'onn & Selina

#21 Posted by Freddy_F_Freeman (47 posts) - - Show Bio

the JLA team seems cool but i dont really understand why vibe, katana, and steve rogers are there. im fine with catwoman there but her solo series seems like it just a fetish comic with a little bit of a plot so it weirds me out but i still think her character is a good fit for this team. im really interested to see what they do with baz.

#22 Posted by ShrimpDino (841 posts) - - Show Bio

The New 52 JLA Team is good,The only problem i have with it is Catwoman

#23 Edited by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Vibe: Win.
  • Stargirl: Super Win
  • Katana: Fail Why is Black Canary not here
  • Catwoman: Ultimate Fail
  • Baz: A surprising Win
  • Martian Manhunter: Oh my god yes Win
  • Green Arrow: freaking duh Win
  • Hawkman: Win
#24 Posted by cameron83 (7628 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateSMfan: Well to be honest,I think that steel and all others will join the team later with more characters as well,The JLA will expand

#25 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13626 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good, I actually like the curve ball of Catwoman being on the team. Im freakin ecstatic about J'onn and Coutney being here.

#26 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

I really think that if the goal was to make a team that is supposed to be Equal to, Better Then, or able to Take Out The Justice League, then why do they have Katana and Catwoman?

They already have:

---Batman in the form of Green Arrow,

---Green lantern Hal as Green Lantern Baz

---Martian manhunter as superman, who can do it all

--- I would say Hawkman is very similar to Aquaman as a very weapon based character good in brawls

So i would have:

---Steel would be perfect as both a lesser superman and someone equal to cyborg.

If they really wanted another woman, I would pick a revamp Donna Troy, as the wonder-woman copy, give her some origin that fits,

#27 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

That being said I understand what their doing, most of these people have a reason for why they are on the Team:

Catwoman- suspected of murder- so probably joins to clear name

Katana- committed lots of murder- joins to clear name

Baz- suspected terrorist- joins to clear families name.

Green Arrow- said before that he wants to do more in life, working on this team perfect.

Vibe- Has a brother working in A.R.G.U.S - brother puts him on the team because it is only a matter of time till the Gov't comes after him, He can make huge earthquakes!

Martian Manhunter- not sure reason yet

Stargirl- not sure reason yet

Hawkman- not sure reason yet, (probably same as Katana though)

#28 Posted by Signs (20 posts) - - Show Bio

They need at least one more powerful person like manhunter. If the went up against JL they would get killed

#29 Posted by TheCannon (19219 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think most of the team is pointless with Manhunter on there.

#30 Posted by SupBatz (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

I would've voted Nightwing or Batwoman instead of Catwoman if possible but it's an interesting collection of characters. I just hope the book is well balanced and gives us a decent look at each character's reason for being on the team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.